11925 North Meridian St
Carmel, IN 46032Neighborhood:
Carmel / Westfield
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotel-restaurants/indbr-renaissance-indianapolis-north-hotel/grille-39/158219/home-page.mi
- Phone: 3178142550x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Phil Kromer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Grille 39 offers a luxurious Private Dining Room that seats 10 guests as well as a semi-private dining room that seats 25 guests. Reservations for the Semi-Private or Private Dining room can be made through our Restaurant Office. We also offer over 14,500 square feet of meeting space for Social/Catering as well as Business functions that can be booked through our Sales & Catering Office.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremie Smith 3178142527x
- Special Events: Grille 39 is introducing our Simply Fresh Buffet. A healthy and fresh alternative to the standard hotel buffet. Highlighting Chef Phil’s signature soups and Market style displays of salads and sandwiches, the Simply Fresh Buffet will feature knife and fork style sandwiches such as, Hot Italian Panini’s, Turkey BLT wraps and many other regional favorites in addition to a daily rotation of soups, and salads. So if your in a hurry to have a quick lunch and you don't want to sacrifice on quality you now have a place to dine.
A word from Grille 39
Hotel dining has been taken to entirely new heights at Grille 39 Restaurant at the Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel. A 2008 recipient of Marriott International"s Food and Beverage Excellence Award, Chef Dallas Montgomery brings local cuisine to life with his own interpretation of American favorites. Here, whether relaxing in comfort by the fireplace or socializing with friends at a table, Grille 39 provides an elegant, unique, sophisticated yet casual atmosphere that inspires you to linger...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Grille 39 - Best Restaurants in Carmel / Westfield ›
Grille 39 reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (8)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent for a family occasionHappyDadDined on 9/21/2014We had a 530 reservation on a Sunday after a family event. The event however was over much sooner than anticipated and we arrived at Grille 39 just after 430. Knowing they didn't open until 5 we were happy to wait and watch TV in the beautiful lobby of the Renaissance. But, a Marriott desk person asked if she could help, went and told the staff we had arrived, and in about 10 minutes they were welcoming us to our seats. I have sons 10, 13, and 14. They had salads and my oldest had lobster spaghetti. The younger two had duck and the truffle mac and cheese. They all found their food excellent. My wife had the scallops which were amazing. I had sea bass which was perfectly cooked and seasoned.Special Features:
- Not just a great hotel restaurantBergerVIPDined on 8/27/2014Grille 39 isn't just a great "hotel restaurant" it's a great restaurant. I'm wow'ed by the food every time I dine here for dinner. We had a large group and I can highly recommend the steaks, scallops and lobster spaghetti. Their salmon BLT is no longer on the menu - but ask if they'll make it for you - it's the best sandwich I've had!Special Features:
- Delicious!irie1029Dined on 8/23/2014We had dinner & breakfast - food is delicious! The crab cake is the size of a softball with jumbo lumps of crab - definitely shareable. The scallops were so sweet & perfectly cooked and we splurged on the Apple Pecan crisp for dessert. All the food items were delicious. Only complaint was bar service. Bartender was VERY slow with cocktails and didn't seem to know what she was doing. Our waiter had to make our cocktails after a long wait. We sat with without cocktails/wine twice and that's something we don't enjoy during dinner. Our family joined us for breakfast the next day. Breakfast buffet was great - plenty of options and staff was always checking to make sure everything was replenished and clean.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerBridetoBeDined on 8/23/2014We came here for dinner on Saturday, August 23 to celebrate a birthday as well as try out the food one more time before we hold my wedding reception in the Renaissance ballroom in a month. There was a very large event going on that night in the ballroom and we arrived in the middle of the cocktail hour. It was a lot louder than I'm sure it normally is, but we had a baby with us and she slept through the whole dinner so it couldn't have been too bad. The staff was understandably very busy, but the whole team worked together to make sure we had a good experience. They even found time to make me a few drinks to try out for the signature cocktail at my reception! The food was wonderful, everyone was very pleased with their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmptyPaulVIPDined on 8/17/2014The place was empty at 730pm on a Sunday night. Other than two people at the bar we were the only diners. Our waitress was nice it she was working the bar too. The food was ok but not worth the price in my opinion though.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Our food was well prepared and nicely presented. The wines by the glass selections are very complimentary to the menu choices. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LakerAce33Dined on 8/1/2014Celebrating my wife's birthday and was not disappointed. The staff was amazing and the food was great. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REJHINDined on 7/1/2014Like the new menu! Still the best crabcake in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 97 reviews are from the Grille 39 reviews archive.
- ExcellenceMikeVIPDined on 6/26/2014Excellence in quality of food, service and atmosphereSpecial Features:
- kimdelongVIPDined on 6/16/2014Excellent lunch with clients! Ambiance was wonderful for entertaining.Special Features:
- kimdelongVIPDined on 6/9/2014Grille39 has a great lunch buffet and wonderful ambiance for groups up to 30 people with their private dining room.Special Features:
- return visitcindianaVIPDined on 5/29/2014menu has changed since last visit, downsized - food was good, not outstanding but better than normal hotel fare - service was slow but we weren't in a hurry - a place where you can actually hear each other :)Special Features:
- Mother's DayLK502Dined on 5/11/2014This is are 3rd Mother's Day brunch here. The food was excellent, staff were very friendly, and service was good. Would recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/2/2014Food is always good. Restaurant has a romantic feel, but little kids on both sides of us at other tables reduced the romance and increased the noise level significantly. The restaurant was not crowded so seating groups with children in another section would have been nice. Also, we had to ask for bread half way through the meal. We enjoy this restaurant, but come to really get away from the daily grind and appreciate the times we go when it is truly quiet as the atmosphere suggests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceMikeVIPDined on 4/26/2014Grille 39 is always an impressive restaurant with its superb menu selections and outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soblansetteVIPDined on 4/25/2014Appetizers were very good! Service was poor. Bar was out if two items on their menu. Maybe return for apps only.Special Features:
- Never reserve a brunch near its endOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014We booked a table on Open Table for 45 minutes prior to the end of the Easter Brunch. We had tried to book directly with the restaurant but they told us that they were sold out. We got to our table 45 minutes before the end of brunch and quickly realized our mistake when we saw this huge fresh cold seafood table with a very nice ice carving, but with no shrimp, no crab legs, no nothing left on it! Service was spotty at best and we had to get silverware from another table when our server did not appear for 10 minutes. When we went to the dessert "mountain" the only thing mountainous about it was the fact that we had to climb up on a platform to get Bananas Foster and the cake pops were gone and not replenished. Never again!
- DisappointedTorian0319VIPDined on 4/18/2014I took a friend of mine to this restaurant for her Brithday and the food was terrible. I had the seasame pepper crusted sea bass, with the crab bisque and my friend had the chicken. They sat the sea baas on top of the sauce, which is a mistake because the sea bass needed the sauce for additional moisture. The bread was not good, but the cocktails were ok. We will not dine there again....too many superb restaurants in the suburbs of Indy to dine at thsi joint.
- Great food - the sea bassOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2014Great food - the sea bass was wonderful, thick, moist and well presented. The wasabi pea encrusted tuna was seared, served as five generous strips of tuna loin in a towerly fashion. We will continue to dine here and highly recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectationsBrianVIPDined on 3/29/2014I had high hopes for Grille 39. It came highly recommended. There was a wedding in the lobby of the hotel, which made the our dinner quite loud. The Diet Coke was flat, which was remedied quickly by giving us it out of a can. The ahi tuna appetizer was excellent. Sadly, the rest of the food was average. The soups, tortilla and veggie chili, had very little flavor. The salad was tasty, and the herb vinagarrette was good. The veggie Napoleon was more puff pastry than veggies and it had a very oily and burnt taste, and the sauce was a flavorless marinara. The stuffed pork chop clearly had very good meat; the stuffing was bitter and sour. Asparagus and purple potatoes were well seasoned and cooked. Grille 39 was not worth the $100 price tag.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014We had a business brunch at Grille 39 this weekend and it was wonderful! The staff is very friendly and the food is delicious and unique. Our out of town guests stayed at The Renaissance so Grille 39 was the most convenient choice for Sunday brunch. We were all very pleased with the unique brunch options, which went beyond the usual omelets, and toast. I think everyone in our party will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent breakfast buffetRickVIPDined on 3/23/2014We enjoy breakfast buffets and this one is decent. Not great but decent. The bagels are stale and hard and no variety of flavors. Eggs are usually hard and crusty. Should be hot and fluffy. Would like to see more choices on the buffet for the price. Crisper bacon. Not greasy and soggy.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere and CuisineJenZenDined on 3/22/2014Loved this restaurant because it wasn't crowded (they accept reservations and we didn't have to wait with a pager for 1.5 hours for a table) and we were seated at a very nice table by the fireplace. The menu was limited, but good choices of steaks and seafood. All four in our party thoroughly enjoyed our meals (steaks, scallops, and salmon). The chopped salad was excellent -- very fresh ingredients. After we finished dinner we went to the bar area and watched the NCAA games on a large screen TV over drinks. Perfect evening!Special Features:
- Not your normal hotel restaurantIlTeatroVIPDined on 3/21/2014Open Table reviews guided us here and glad it did. The crowd was very light, service was great. Thanks Patrick and Josh. Food was good and imaginative. Even though reviews were good I was still not expecting food this good from a hotel restaurant. We started with Lobster quesadillas and blueberry sauced short rib as appetizer. Lobster texture was very good with great flavors, really liked the crispiness of the quesadilla. Short rib had great flavor and very tender. Duck entree was tender and cooked to perfection. Duck came with a truffle mac and cheese which was really good. Also had the scallops and those were done very well also. Wine list was respectable. We will definitely go back for a change from our normal restaurant routine.Special Features:
- Kara is the BEST!AliciaDined on 2/22/2014Thanks to Kara for always being such an amazing host when we come to eat/stay at the Renaissance/Grille 39! We appreciate her hospitality and kindness! Everyone there is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely forgot I was in a hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Both the seafood and the steaks were well prepared and matched with creative flavor combinations. I started with the crab chowder (highly recommended), and found myself eagerly awaiting the arrival of each plate thereafter. The ambiance was spot on as well. It was vibrant enough to feel I was in a place people wanted to be, but still easy to converse with my own party. I completely forgot I was in a hotel restaurant until I saw a place on the check for a "Room Number"! Turns out you don't have to venture all the way into the city to find a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful ExperiencelikegoodfoodDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant was nice and quiet. Very romantic setting with warm fireplace! The food was excellent. Do not pass on the crab cake. I enjoyed the Sea Bass and my wife had the Filet, both prepared perfectly. I never new this place existed but will return soon. The service was excellent and friendly.Special Features:
- The florescent lights in theWhyNameVIPDined on 2/8/2014The florescent lights in the lobby flood into the restaurant making it seem like a four star meal served in a high school cafeteria. It is a shame. The quality is good, but they need a dimmer switch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodTiger150123Dined on 1/10/2014Bart, our server was very attentive. Very quiet restaurant. I had the salmon, cooked perfectly. My wife had the filet, again cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Evebigred317Dined on 12/31/2013Grille 39 is in the Renaissance hotel in Carmel. Being a local, I never knew about this restaurant until I found it on 'OpenTable' as an available time for New Years Eve. The staff was great and the food was excellent. My date and I enjoyed the New Year's Eve dinner, a superb 4-course meal. Would recommend this to any local and/or hotel guest. Will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, we wereBillVIPDined on 12/31/2013The food was good, we were very impressed when we got there. However it took 3 hours to get our food, we had several different people waiting on us. Our food was not right and when we asked for items they could never bring it.
- New Year's EveMaryMcDined on 12/31/2013Although the food was good, the service was extremely poor. Waited over 1/2 hour for bread when others that arrived after were served. When asked if we could have bread, the waiter indicated that they had not planned on having so many people. He would have to see if he could find some. In general, the wait was long for food to arrive at the table. Unfortunately this is not the first time, I have experienced poor service at this restaurant.
- Christmas Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2013The atmosphere was very nice. Decorated very well. Personal service was outstanding with many staff stopping by and asking if everything was okay. Very easy to get to and should be better know as being a regular place to visit.Special Features:
- Hidden gemIndygirlDined on 12/13/2013Because this restaurant is tucked away inside a hotel I think it may be overlooked by locals, but we have enjoyed it. The scallops I had were perfectly prepared and remained hot throughout the meal. My husband had the duck from local Maple Leaf Farms and said it was delicious. We lingered a little longer than we intended and when I told our server we had an 8:00 show at the Palladium, he rushed the check right over and expedited packing our leftovers. Overall a good experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good not greatjojoDined on 11/28/2013Very expensive, not much to choose from, our table was neglected, turkey was good salad not much variety, just lettuce. All in all, for a buffet it was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Hidden GemtkbindplsVIPDined on 11/16/2013Grille 39 always wows us with superb food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellenceMikeVIPDined on 11/14/2013food is always excellent service depends on who the server is some are good and some are not so good I don't like to be rushed when I'm ordering, don't assume I am done until I say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic night outirie1029Dined on 11/9/2013We had a great experience. The decor was beautiful and we were seated in front of the fireplace. The food was excellent! The crab & corn chowder was flavorful and had chunks of fresh crab. The crabcake was superb - large chunks of crab with very little filling if there was any at all - seemed to be held together with a light, crunchy coating - it was the size of a softball - truly superb! For entrees we had the scallops & sea bass, both excellent. The servers were friendly and on spot. We were informed that a large party was being served and there would be more than 1 server taking care of us to ensure we had everything we needed. We did not experience any slow service or interruption - we were well taken care of.Special Features:
- Used to be very goodLocaleaterDined on 10/5/2013Have been to this restaurant many times. Great food and service in the past. There has been a big change! Different menu, staff has changed, food very poor and service to match. Won't be back
- Wrong place to go for fine diningHungryHankVIPDined on 9/21/2013Prime time, Sat night: looking for something different. Found it. Entered the hotel, had to search for the restaurant entrance. Then found no one at restaurant reception and no servers identifiable. Went out to the hotel front desk for assistance. The very apologetic clerk personally walked us back to the restaurant, checked in our reservation, and seated us. Then she went to look for a server. Still no one at reception. A courteous server showed up, poured water and provided menus, then disappeared. After waiting a few minutes, we decided to bag the whole thing. This place is in the conference business and should not attempt to appeal to dining patrons who are not hotel guests. (OT required that I rate the food, but we didn't try it.)