Allentown, PA 18104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.grille3501.com/
- Phone: 6107060100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: CLOSED,
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Grille 3501
Grille 3501 literally stands alone with its “sophisticated yet unpretentious” atmosphere and menu. Our unique blend of Asian, French and Mediterranean cuisine, combined with our personal and attentive service will make your visit to Grille 3501 an event to remember. We opened our doors on November 13, 2001 and since that time, our ever-widening circle of loyal customers consistently tell us we are among the most sophisticated and welcoming establishments in the Lehigh Valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Grille 3501 - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Grille 3501 reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (41)vibrant bar scene (29)good for groups (27)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (25)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Still one of our favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food and service were once again very good. Love all the renovations and the new addition. The addition's noise level is much greater than within the restaurant, so for a special dinner experience I would always request the dining room. Otherwise the new addition is awesome; very lively and great atmosphere. Would be a great place to meet up with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeilRobin1NeilRobin1VIPDined on 10/17/2014I'll start off by saying that the restaurant is beautiful. Our reservations were for 7:30, which was when we were seated. Didn't get bread until 8. My dinner was sent back once because it was ice cold, and was still cold when I received it the second time. Drinks took a while to get served. However, after all is said, we will go back because everything was delicious. They do need to work on their timing.Special Features:
- Don't know if we liked it...MillmanFamilyDined on 10/11/2014We don't know if we liked our entress at Grille 3501, because we haven't eaten them yet. We were very excited to have a night out on Saturday and arrived early for our 8:15 reservation. We were told we couldn't be seated until our reservation time, which was fine. We had a wonderful wine at the bar. We were seated at 8:20 and ordered by 8:30. Our appetizers came around 9:20. It was long, but we were still doing okay. By 9:50 with no entress in site we were done and just asked for a doggie bag. The food was really good. The addition looks great. The server was very professional, but she can't make the food. I'm sad, because my husband will never go back and I think it has potential.
- Great DiningeddiemDined on 10/10/2014Grille 3501 has delicious, well prepared and presented food in a comfortable and stylish atmosphere. Best of all the service is perfect. It's always a joy to dine there.Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY DINNERwinethirtyDined on 10/10/2014For the most part the dining was ok the seared Ahi tuna was fantastic. Not too pleased with receiving cold sides with our steak and when we were done eating we sat almost 25 minutes until our waitress came back to our table which is totally unacceptable.
- Still Great!BrianDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I went here to celebrate our anniversary and love it there. Overall, great food, our server was on top of things and just a good experience. It can get a little loud in there at times, but overall it is pretty quiet most of the time. We stayed in the main dining area to stay in a more quiet spot.Special Features:
- Not worth the hype - poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Came early for our res to have a drink first, just before being served at the inside bar a manager asked if we'd like to go to the patio bar, sure. The problem is they had 1 bartender running a service well and the entire bar, and they were directing all traffic outside; we sat for 15 mins without service. The hostess came when our table was ready, I politely let her know we hadn't been served - no acknowledgement. We sat for another 10 minutes before being greeted. We both spent 10+ years in the industry so we tend to be forgiving, but if we hadn't had a gift card, we would've walked out. Food was sub-par for the price- Bolete, Sette Luna etc provide much better service and food for the same $, your dollars are better spent elsewhere.
- robslaterobslateDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time eating at Grille 3501 and all I can say is Wow! I was impressed, and I'm not easily impressed. The atmosphere, the service, and the food are all top notch. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all my friends and my wife and I will returning again in the near future.Special Features:
- Great Dinner for Mom's 95thSchnecksvilleAdmirerDined on 9/27/2014I remember eating 8 dozen of steamed clams almost every Friday night for years when it was Trinkle's Hotel. The food was excellent then, and I must commend the chef, owner and staff of 3501 Grille that your restaurant is in my opinion the best in the area for a nice relaxing meal in a quiet neighborhood. We celebrated my mothers 95th birthday at your restaurant and loved every minute of our visit, the food was superb... See you again soon, thanks, and keep up the great work.....David Juchnik, Schnecksville, PA We'll recommend your restaurant to any of our friends, relatives, etc.. Thanks so much.... email@example.comSpecial Features:
- First time dining hereKranberryDined on 9/24/2014My boyfriend and I came here to celebrate our six year anniversary. We chose to sit on the outside patio, and thought it was very unique. The food was excellent and and presented beautifully! We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers and martinisCWCWDined on 9/23/2014Food was very good with nice presentation . Good selection . Best appetizers ever .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food!CynD7Dined on 9/20/2014We had 7 people in our party. The staff was professional, polite and prompt with every request. The food was a piece of art on each plate. Very well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Like alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014In my opinion the best restaurant in the Lehigh Valley. I had the mussels as my appetizer, and they were the best I ever had. The food and service are always outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceUenjoyDined on 9/13/2014Atmosphere was very nice and so was our waiter (Nate) ... It's nice to go to a restaurant that not only has outstanding food but also outstanding service. I also like the convenience of making reservations online. Thank you... We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!KimberlyDined on 9/12/2014Always loved this place, but the new outside bar and seating area make it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside areaPopsieDined on 9/12/2014We dined in their new outside area. It was quite noisy and our table was right next to a server station. So all during the meal several servers were behind me getting supplies which was a bit annoying. It also seemed the kitchen could not keep up with the orders as dinner was slow to arrive.Special Features:
- I cannot imagine anotherGrobeVIPDined on 9/11/2014This must be best around Allentown yet. Great food, service and bar scene. Staff is great in every area of customer comfort X infinity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014I had two business lunches there this past week and the food and service were excellent. We were in a quiet area so we could focus on having a good discussion. The corn / crab chowder was fantastic as was all of the entrees we ordered. Service was exceptional. The outdoor / indoor bar area is now open after several months of renovations. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recent dinnerlocalfoodieDined on 9/8/2014As always, the food and service at Grille 3501 were outstanding! The new decor is very attractive and while it looks like (with the use of fabric backing on the walls) an attempt was made to lessen the noise level, I do find it a very noisy environment which in my opinion, prevents it from being really fine dining.Special Features:
- 3501OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014One of my favorite places! Starting with a great martini menu - the 3501 is my goto drink. Atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed. Calamari was the app - the table was split, everyone agreed the sauces were great! Service was slow (unusual), dinner was amazing - my table had the scallops, salmon and the ribeye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic from start to finishjazziesmomVIPDined on 8/23/2014Finally after three years of restaurants near Muhlenberg College have found a gem. We were seated promptly, server was wonderful, and food was one of best meals ever had. Everything was so professional and friendly. Questions were answered expertly. Cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesometoottyDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had dinner here for my birthday everything was just wonderful from the drinks to the food to the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVORITE PLACE!PhoodieDined on 8/22/2014By far the best place in the Valley!! This place can compete with big city restaurants and still be among the best around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to GreatdiningshamanDined on 8/19/2014Grille 3501 has consistently been one of the really good and dependable fine restaurants in the Lehigh Valley. With our last meal, it's moved to GREAT! The variety on the menu has expanded and every item has added that little something to heighten the already exquisite flavor and texture and appearance to heavenly status. Don't miss the Thai lobster soup or anything else on the menu and I haven't even mentioned the perfectly nuanced mixed drink selections. Simply awesome.Special Features:
- Great food, Definitely returning!tablefortwo816Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and atmosphere! I will definitely be returning to Grille 3501. I am looking forward to seeing how the expansion turns out once it is finished. My fiancé and I enjoyed the intimate and romantic ambiance of the restaurant as we were there to celebrate our anniversary. I will be recommending Grille 3501 to family and friends! The boneless short ribs were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood selectionsMikestarDined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 4 and had seared tuna, grilled cobia and branzino, all were excellent, cooked perfectly with interesting vegetables. Wine, martini and beer list were very extensive also. Only disappointment was there was no outdoor dining option because they are expanding. Should have more indoor and outdoor seating in winter 2014. Not cheap but prices were reasonable, expect $50 each with drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirsttimerDined on 8/15/2014Took my parents out for my Mom's 60th birthday. The food was very good and so was the service. The restaurant itself was kind of plain and not very fancy looking inside. I stated it was my Mom's 60th bday and we did not receive any special treatment. I thought maybe a small dessert for her at the end would of been nice as a little surprise. It was a little pricey but overall very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisplayUSADined on 8/14/2014Great location, highly noted for a perfect gathering for my business gathering. My International colleagues truly love the environment, food, presentation, and cultural round table seating option. We truly enjoyed our number one choice; being the Grille 3501 for our occasion. Thank you and we will be back!Special Features:
- A jewel in BethlehemFoodieDined on 8/9/2014We were traveling through - had never been to Bethlehem before - and looked for a place to eat using Open Table. This place is great! The entire experience was very enjoyable from the moment we entered to the moment we left. Their cucumber-mint martini is to die for - so refreshing - great for a warm summer evening. The food was great and our server was delightful. We will definitely go back the next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Saturday Evening at Grille 3501OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a lovely evening of fine dining at Grille 3501 on Saturday, August 9. Our reservations were at 6:30 p.m. and we were seated immediately upon arrival. We each enjoyed a delicious appetizer, salad, entree and dessert along with their house wine. Our only complaint was that the wine pouring was a bit on the stingy side. Less than what we have received at most other fine restaurants. Our waitress was personable and efficient. We had a very leisurely evening and enjoyed every morsel without feeling rushed! Grille 3501 is our favorite restaurant in the Allentown and Bethlehem area. We have never been disappointed at dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- delightful dinnerCookiesDined on 8/9/2014We were meeting friends that we haven't seen in quite a while. We picked this restaurant because it was just about half way between for both couples. It did not disappoint! It was a little bit pricey but we enjoyed the great service and wonderful food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Scallops and lamb spareribs were delicious. The Veal chop was so tender and tasty and the lobster tails were wonderful. Service was great. We will be back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grille 3501eatsemallupDined on 8/7/2014This is a good restaurant, the food is good and so was the service. Very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience, service, cuisine: superb.gustatorydelightsDined on 8/4/2014Mmm. Delicious, succulent duck; delicate, imaginatively prepared grouper. Desserts to die for. Energetic, friendly, professional service by top notch staff. Always a pleasure to dine here. Every time is special.Special Features:
- Still one of the areas finestIn4mationDined on 8/1/2014We've been to Grille 3501 a few times and have enjoyed each visit. Unfortunately I can't offer five stars for our most recent visit. I suspect they were short staffed that night because service was not up to the usual standard. My wife's meal and dessert was delish!! Mine on the other hand..mehh.. Regardless, we had a very nice evening and plan to return at some point. TIP: I overheard a gentleman at the bar express his dissatisfaction that we were seated immediately upon our arrival..while he was forced to wait for a table. Use the OpenTable app on your phone to make a reservation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPhoodieDined on 8/1/2014Not much needs to be said- OUTSTANDING. The veal special that night was one of the best meals I have ever had.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencePaulDined on 7/29/2014Food, drinks and service were all excellent. I wouldn't change a thing. Some may say pricey, but well worth it. The martinis were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousTonaisabelleDined on 7/29/2014From the welcoming hello from my favorite bartender Tom, to the great and charming waitress to the fabulous food. This place is one of my very favorites.Special Features:
- Slightly disappointedJidroomsVIPDined on 7/29/2014They have changed the shrimp BLT flatbread for a smoked salmon BLT flatbread. Unfortunately, the new version is nowhere near the original. The onion miso soup, however, was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceDETEMEDined on 7/28/2014Friendly and Knowledgeable Bartender in Their Lounge, Terry was our Fabulous Waiter, Seafood Special Delectable, Filets Prepared to Requested Temp Perfectly, Unique Sides and SeasoningsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.