Allentown, PA 18104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.grille3501.com/
- Phone: 6107060100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: CLOSED,
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Grille 3501
Grille 3501 literally stands alone with its “sophisticated yet unpretentious” atmosphere and menu. Our unique blend of Asian, French and Mediterranean cuisine, combined with our personal and attentive service will make your visit to Grille 3501 an event to remember. We opened our doors on November 13, 2001 and since that time, our ever-widening circle of loyal customers consistently tell us we are among the most sophisticated and welcoming establishments in the Lehigh Valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Grille 3501 - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Grille 3501 reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (54)romantic (41)great for lunch (27)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (26)notable wine list (24)hot spot (19)great for brunch (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- 3501OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014One of my favorite places! Starting with a great martini menu - the 3501 is my goto drink. Atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed. Calamari was the app - the table was split, everyone agreed the sauces were great! Service was slow (unusual), dinner was amazing - my table had the scallops, salmon and the ribeye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic from start to finishjazziesmomVIPDined on 8/23/2014Finally after three years of restaurants near Muhlenberg College have found a gem. We were seated promptly, server was wonderful, and food was one of best meals ever had. Everything was so professional and friendly. Questions were answered expertly. Cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesometoottyDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had dinner here for my birthday everything was just wonderful from the drinks to the food to the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVORITE PLACE!PhoodieDined on 8/22/2014By far the best place in the Valley!! This place can compete with big city restaurants and still be among the best around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to GreatdiningshamanDined on 8/19/2014Grille 3501 has consistently been one of the really good and dependable fine restaurants in the Lehigh Valley. With our last meal, it's moved to GREAT! The variety on the menu has expanded and every item has added that little something to heighten the already exquisite flavor and texture and appearance to heavenly status. Don't miss the Thai lobster soup or anything else on the menu and I haven't even mentioned the perfectly nuanced mixed drink selections. Simply awesome.Special Features:
- Great food, Definitely returning!tablefortwo816Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and atmosphere! I will definitely be returning to Grille 3501. I am looking forward to seeing how the expansion turns out once it is finished. My fiancé and I enjoyed the intimate and romantic ambiance of the restaurant as we were there to celebrate our anniversary. I will be recommending Grille 3501 to family and friends! The boneless short ribs were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood selectionsMikestarDined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 4 and had seared tuna, grilled cobia and branzino, all were excellent, cooked perfectly with interesting vegetables. Wine, martini and beer list were very extensive also. Only disappointment was there was no outdoor dining option because they are expanding. Should have more indoor and outdoor seating in winter 2014. Not cheap but prices were reasonable, expect $50 each with drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Took my parents out for my Mom's 60th birthday. The food was very good and so was the service. The restaurant itself was kind of plain and not very fancy looking inside. I stated it was my Mom's 60th bday and we did not receive any special treatment. I thought maybe a small dessert for her at the end would of been nice as a little surprise. It was a little pricey but overall very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisplayUSADined on 8/14/2014Great location, highly noted for a perfect gathering for my business gathering. My International colleagues truly love the environment, food, presentation, and cultural round table seating option. We truly enjoyed our number one choice; being the Grille 3501 for our occasion. Thank you and we will be back!Special Features:
- A jewel in BethlehemFoodieDined on 8/9/2014We were traveling through - had never been to Bethlehem before - and looked for a place to eat using Open Table. This place is great! The entire experience was very enjoyable from the moment we entered to the moment we left. Their cucumber-mint martini is to die for - so refreshing - great for a warm summer evening. The food was great and our server was delightful. We will definitely go back the next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Saturday Evening at Grille 3501OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a lovely evening of fine dining at Grille 3501 on Saturday, August 9. Our reservations were at 6:30 p.m. and we were seated immediately upon arrival. We each enjoyed a delicious appetizer, salad, entree and dessert along with their house wine. Our only complaint was that the wine pouring was a bit on the stingy side. Less than what we have received at most other fine restaurants. Our waitress was personable and efficient. We had a very leisurely evening and enjoyed every morsel without feeling rushed! Grille 3501 is our favorite restaurant in the Allentown and Bethlehem area. We have never been disappointed at dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- delightful dinnerCookiesDined on 8/9/2014We were meeting friends that we haven't seen in quite a while. We picked this restaurant because it was just about half way between for both couples. It did not disappoint! It was a little bit pricey but we enjoyed the great service and wonderful food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Scallops and lamb spareribs were delicious. The Veal chop was so tender and tasty and the lobster tails were wonderful. Service was great. We will be back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grille 3501eatsemallupDined on 8/7/2014This is a good restaurant, the food is good and so was the service. Very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience, service, cuisine: superb.gustatorydelightsDined on 8/4/2014Mmm. Delicious, succulent duck; delicate, imaginatively prepared grouper. Desserts to die for. Energetic, friendly, professional service by top notch staff. Always a pleasure to dine here. Every time is special.Special Features:
- Still one of the areas finestIn4mationDined on 8/1/2014We've been to Grille 3501 a few times and have enjoyed each visit. Unfortunately I can't offer five stars for our most recent visit. I suspect they were short staffed that night because service was not up to the usual standard. My wife's meal and dessert was delish!! Mine on the other hand..mehh.. Regardless, we had a very nice evening and plan to return at some point. TIP: I overheard a gentleman at the bar express his dissatisfaction that we were seated immediately upon our arrival..while he was forced to wait for a table. Use the OpenTable app on your phone to make a reservation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPhoodieDined on 8/1/2014Not much needs to be said- OUTSTANDING. The veal special that night was one of the best meals I have ever had.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencePaulDined on 7/29/2014Food, drinks and service were all excellent. I wouldn't change a thing. Some may say pricey, but well worth it. The martinis were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousTonaisabelleDined on 7/29/2014From the welcoming hello from my favorite bartender Tom, to the great and charming waitress to the fabulous food. This place is one of my very favorites.Special Features:
- Slightly disappointedJidroomsVIPDined on 7/29/2014They have changed the shrimp BLT flatbread for a smoked salmon BLT flatbread. Unfortunately, the new version is nowhere near the original. The onion miso soup, however, was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceDETEMEDined on 7/28/2014Friendly and Knowledgeable Bartender in Their Lounge, Terry was our Fabulous Waiter, Seafood Special Delectable, Filets Prepared to Requested Temp Perfectly, Unique Sides and SeasoningsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, good service!MollyDined on 7/26/2014went twice in one week...the food was fantastic. great martinis! our server, both times, was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningFJCCECDined on 7/26/2014It was our 29th wedding anniversary. Service was Outstanding. Food was Outstanding. It was a perfect place to spend our special occasion. We will be returning again in the future. Thank you everyone at 3501 for making our night just as special as our 1st.Special Features:
- Little disappointing.EdgeDined on 7/26/2014Very accommodating and knowledgeable service. Ambiance needs more light. Food inconsistent. Interesting appetizers. My entree, was below average and was served lukewarm. Three stars for the service.
- Great FoodNanceDined on 7/25/2014This was my first time at this hidden gem in Allentown. I was expecting a totally different environment based on their advertisements they run in all the local mailings. The food was delicious and served hot which told me it wasn't sitting in the kitchen prepared ahead of time. The presentation was beautiful. The only downfall is the ambiance. There simply is none. The rooms are to bright and there is no warmth to the room. I would return b/c I love good food, but the place needs a face lift.Special Features:
- DancingChefOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Food is always excellent. Dessert menu has a couple of the most unique items I've ever seen anywhere in the world. Not your usual boring, overdone desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good.lucyvDined on 7/19/2014I have eaten here for lunch once and thought I'd try it for dinner. We were seated in a secluded area where the lights were just a little too bright. The waitress didn't come to the table for about 15 minutes to take our drink order. Once the food came everything was "good." I'll probably give it another try and request to be seated in the main room of the restaurant or off of the bar.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Once again The Grille 3501 was great. We sat down right away. The service was excellent. Our server was very knowledgeable about the food and the specials. She was attentive but you did not feel as if someone were watching your every move. The food was terrific. My steamed mussels were delicious, a little spicy with the chorizo sausage. The abundance of fresh crab meat on top was an added bonus. My Filet Mignon was to die for. It was like butter. I could have cut it with my fork. My husbands pork belly appetizer was amazing and his entrée of short ribs was delicious. The portions are big but we ate every bite. Grille 3501 is consistently wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyauntiemDined on 7/12/2014The Grill always come through with great food and drinks. Good choices of meat or fish. Drink menu super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealghostessDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful experience. They never disappoint. Fun place either a group.Special Features:
- Dinner with colleaguesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014We took colleagues from out of town and enjoyed the experience very much. The staff was friendly and accomodating, the atmosphere was relaxing, and everyone cleaned their plates.Special Features:
- Dinner ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2014The food was very good and the service was great. There was a large party (20 people??) that came in and was rather loud making it somewhat difficult for us to have a private conversation. I would recommend large parties be located in a separate dining section if one is available. Otherwise, we very much enjoyed the meal. Plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerBirthdaygirlDined on 7/5/2014We went to Grille 3501 on a recommendation of a friend for a special occasion. We were very impressed at the food and service we recieved. I had crab cakes that were filled with crab. I am still wondering how they held together for frying because there was little else but crab. My date had the filet mignon and it was prepared to perfection. The atmosphere was cozy and very clean. Looking forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeness!MouthwateringDined on 7/1/2014We were seated before our reservation. The Waitress was amazing. Food was well timed and we were never rushed into the next course. Food was hot, beautifully plated and was absolutely amazing. Just one of the best restaurants we have been to in Northeast PA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ltedinnerDined on 6/30/2014I was very impressed with Grille 3501. The food was excellant and the drinks unreal! I was pleased with the serving sizes, also. The overall ambiance is more modern, business like but did not take away from the overall atmosphere.Special Features:
- one of best in Lehigh ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Having tried some of the "better" places in the Lehigh Valley, this is definitely one of the best. The food was well prepared, well seasoned and the varied menu left one with multiple choices. A little pricey for this area, good atmosphere and wine list.Special Features:
- Philly food in AllentownBucknutDined on 6/14/2014Let me begin with the bread, just as we did prior to our awesome meal.if you are in search of that perfect crunch on the outside, yet chewy consistency inside, you have arrived. All five of us ordered a different meal and all were top notch, with the osso buco being the shining star. I don't think there could be a bad choice, however. We also shared two unusual and mouth watering desserts: limoncello cheesecake and dumplings.Special Features:
- WeekendWeekendVIPDined on 6/14/2014We were visiting my parents for Father's Day weekend and found Grille 3501 on Open Table. Every review I read told me we had to try this restaurant. So glad we did! Told my Dad I made a reservation at 3501 and he said "I've been there" and I said "so it's good!" Friendly greeting upon arrival, great waitperson who let us dictate our pace. Good cocktail options. I did not find a wine by the glass that I thought I would enjoy, however we inquired about taking unfinished bottles of wine out of the restaurant and there was no problem. Chose the sea bass special on Saturday night. It was excellent! Beautiful presentation with an incredibly tasty coconut macadamia sauce. I could say more nice things,but leave it at can't wait to return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Overall a very nice dining experience, food nicely prepared and presented (monchong and ribeye). We look forward to eating at Grille 3501 again.Special Features:
- still too much noiselwsasidDined on 6/10/2014the newly decorated space is nice but very hard to hear others at the table it would be great if they would add Gluten Free notes on the menuSpecial Features: