Allentown, PA 18104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.grille3501.com/
- Phone: (610) 706-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: CLOSED,
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Grille 3501
Grille 3501 literally stands alone with its “sophisticated yet unpretentious” atmosphere and menu. Our unique blend of Asian, French and Mediterranean cuisine, combined with our personal and attentive service will make your visit to Grille 3501 an event to remember. We opened our doors on November 13, 2001 and since that time, our ever-widening circle of loyal customers consistently tell us we are among the most sophisticated and welcoming establishments in the Lehigh Valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Grille 3501 - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Grille 3501 reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)fit for foodies (84)neighborhood gem (72)romantic (43)vibrant bar scene (38)good for groups (35)notable wine list (32)hot spot (31)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (24)late-night find (9)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Lion tamerChickadeeDined on 11/21/2014We were celebrating a friends 95th birthday. Our server Jen was the best She was very attentive and paid special attention to our birthday girl. The food could not have been better. Our compliments to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, Creative presentationMuleProfDined on 11/18/2014A variety of dishes, especially fish. Presentation is excellent and creative. Portions are reasonable. Dining room is intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeNunzioVIPDined on 11/17/2014Best for lunch meetings, unless you require privacy, as many tables can overhear conversation. Prices are a bit on the high side when compared to other places. I would go more often, but $30 entrees that really arent all that grand becomes a little steep. Expect to pay anywhere between 11-15 dollars for a glass of wine, and the service is more typical of a restaurant with $15-18 entrees. The addition is nice, but both areas sport a bar in the front, that at times can get a bit loud. I think they could do better reducing prices by $5-7, and reducing as many tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't be back...Foodie1106Dined on 11/15/2014I have heard nothing but great things about Grille 3501 and so for our anniversary we decided to give it a try. The place is very nice and well decorated but that was really the only thing I enjoyed. The food was very good, but in my eyes not worth the $34 dollars a plate. My spinach tasted like the frozen stuff I buy at the grocery store. Our steaks were cooked as we had requested, but again, they weren't anything special. The hostesses were not friendly at all and actually made us feel as though we were bothering them. No hellos and no goodbyes from any of the three at the front desk. Our waitress was very nice and for the most part very attentive, but again I wasn't blown away like I am when I dine at other "high end" restaurants. It seemed like every table received bread but we did not, very small issue, but I pay attention to that sort of stuff. Overall, I was not impressed and was not happy about spending $130 dollars on dinner there. It's a lot of money in my eyes and we typically don't spend that much for dinner other than for special occasions. So when we do decide to blow $130 on food, I expect to feel as though it was worth it. This time it was not. If you don't care about blowing that kind of money on dinner, then you will enjoy the food here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new loft and bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014New loft is nice but open so noisy. Food was decent but service could be better. Great outside bar. I'd try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notchtaojoeDined on 11/8/2014We have eaten here many times and never been disappointed. A little pricey but worth it for any kind of special occasion. We ate in the new addition this time, and a couple of small problems occurred...the chairs are high, and my 5'2" wife needed a little help getting up into her seat. Also, I was limited to just 2 draft beer choices, while diners in the older dining room have, I think, about 5 or 6 to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticlyricsninjaDined on 11/7/2014We have dined with Grille 3501 multiple times and every single time it was fantastic. The ambiance is perfect, drinks are spot on, and there wasn't a morsel of food left on anyone's plates. We will dine there again for sure.Special Features:
- Definitely coming backMelroseDined on 11/6/2014Visited Grille 3501 for a very late lunch on a weekday. The food was outstanding, the boneless short ribs were served with a perfect potato pancake, spinach, mushrooms and a fabulous glaze. The presentation was a lovely tower effect. It was a quiet time of day, but the few other dishes I observed looked just as appealing as mine. When we arrived, there was only one other table in the dining room and the couple to arrive after us was seated immediately next to us. Never a good idea in a sparse, quiet setting, as voices tend to carry and conversations overheard, they moved away within minutes, a little uncomfortable. I appreciate that a quality meal takes time, however the wait was a little too long. But I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good :)NoCPUTimeVIPDined on 11/1/2014:) Very Good :) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------llllSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Actually this was the 3rd or 4th time and I was disappointed. The table was one of us against a wall and the other enjoying people coming and going to the kitchen. My husbands filet he enjoyed, but my crab cake not so much. It was our aniversary and I must say I was disappointed.?Special Features:
- excellent experiencedschuler11VIPDined on 10/31/2014We found Grille 3501 through the Opentable app and decided to give it a try based on customer comments. We had a party of 6 and everyone ordered something different, and we all thought we ordered the best thing on the memenu. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Experience at the Grill 3501JLMZDined on 10/31/2014I went to dinner with my family. It is fine dining so I expected the price to be a little high which was fine. There were 5 of us dining. Overall, the drinks were good and the food was good, however, we did have a couple of trouble spots. I got the shrimp appetizer which was very flavorful, however, my shrimp was significantly overcooked. My father got the $34 filet and had it cooked medium. He left half of it on the plate It was tough and chewy. The server did notice he left half on his plate and inquired and he simply told her it was too tough to eat and was not good. While she did end up taking it off the bill without any pressing from us, it was a little disappointing to go to this type of restaurant and have two bad dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dinnercz0810Dined on 10/25/2014The food was good. The service was great. Little $$$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FanulousDezyneDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant is a must if you are in the area. Wonderful food service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all around greatDiningoutmomDined on 10/24/2014New Yorkers and Philadelphians gathered here for Muhlenberg family weekend. Of course the price was wonderful. The food delicious. Salt and pepper shrimp, lobster, cesaer salad, asparagus and so much more were all outstanding dishes. Attentive enough service and fast delivery of food. Great glass of wine and nice atmostphere. There looked to be a busy outdoor bar scene too! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceLuvthisplaceDined on 10/23/2014Have dined at Grill 3501 several times and all experiences have been outstanding. The food is 5 star.Special Features:
- Special Place--inspired chefCMGramDined on 10/23/2014Really enjoy the daily offerings--our grouper special was amazing. The soup du jour was roasted duck--too sweet for us. Servers/kitchen are accommodating to food restriction issues.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceJimMDined on 10/22/2014We ate dinner in the main dining room and the atmosphere was quiet and conducive to conversation. I ordered a Rib eye steak that was served at a perfect medium rare. The portion size was also a pleasant surprise. Unlike other fine dining establishments that serve toy food portions, both my steak and Caesar Salad were substantial and satisfying. I will make it a point to return.Special Features:
- Still one of our favorite placessatisfiedDined on 10/18/2014The food and service were once again very good. Love all the renovations and the new addition. The addition's noise level is much greater than within the restaurant, so for a special dinner experience I would always request the dining room. Otherwise the new addition is awesome; very lively and great atmosphere. Would be a great place to meet up with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeilRobin1NeilRobin1VIPDined on 10/17/2014I'll start off by saying that the restaurant is beautiful. Our reservations were for 7:30, which was when we were seated. Didn't get bread until 8. My dinner was sent back once because it was ice cold, and was still cold when I received it the second time. Drinks took a while to get served. However, after all is said, we will go back because everything was delicious. They do need to work on their timing.Special Features:
- Don't know if we liked it...MillmanFamilyDined on 10/11/2014We don't know if we liked our entress at Grille 3501, because we haven't eaten them yet. We were very excited to have a night out on Saturday and arrived early for our 8:15 reservation. We were told we couldn't be seated until our reservation time, which was fine. We had a wonderful wine at the bar. We were seated at 8:20 and ordered by 8:30. Our appetizers came around 9:20. It was long, but we were still doing okay. By 9:50 with no entress in site we were done and just asked for a doggie bag. The food was really good. The addition looks great. The server was very professional, but she can't make the food. I'm sad, because my husband will never go back and I think it has potential.
- Great DiningeddiemDined on 10/10/2014Grille 3501 has delicious, well prepared and presented food in a comfortable and stylish atmosphere. Best of all the service is perfect. It's always a joy to dine there.Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY DINNERwinethirtyDined on 10/10/2014For the most part the dining was ok the seared Ahi tuna was fantastic. Not too pleased with receiving cold sides with our steak and when we were done eating we sat almost 25 minutes until our waitress came back to our table which is totally unacceptable.
- Still Great!BrianDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I went here to celebrate our anniversary and love it there. Overall, great food, our server was on top of things and just a good experience. It can get a little loud in there at times, but overall it is pretty quiet most of the time. We stayed in the main dining area to stay in a more quiet spot.Special Features:
- Not worth the hype - poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Came early for our res to have a drink first, just before being served at the inside bar a manager asked if we'd like to go to the patio bar, sure. The problem is they had 1 bartender running a service well and the entire bar, and they were directing all traffic outside; we sat for 15 mins without service. The hostess came when our table was ready, I politely let her know we hadn't been served - no acknowledgement. We sat for another 10 minutes before being greeted. We both spent 10+ years in the industry so we tend to be forgiving, but if we hadn't had a gift card, we would've walked out. Food was sub-par for the price- Bolete, Sette Luna etc provide much better service and food for the same $, your dollars are better spent elsewhere.
- robslaterobslateDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time eating at Grille 3501 and all I can say is Wow! I was impressed, and I'm not easily impressed. The atmosphere, the service, and the food are all top notch. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all my friends and my wife and I will returning again in the near future.Special Features:
- One of my favsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014This is a great place to go, especially since they added the beautiful outside bar! Love the martinis and the food.Special Features:
- Great Dinner for Mom's 95thSchnecksvilleAdmirerDined on 9/27/2014I remember eating 8 dozen of steamed clams almost every Friday night for years when it was Trinkle's Hotel. The food was excellent then, and I must commend the chef, owner and staff of 3501 Grille that your restaurant is in my opinion the best in the area for a nice relaxing meal in a quiet neighborhood. We celebrated my mothers 95th birthday at your restaurant and loved every minute of our visit, the food was superb... See you again soon, thanks, and keep up the great work.....David Juchnik, Schnecksville, PA We'll recommend your restaurant to any of our friends, relatives, etc.. Thanks so much.... firstname.lastname@example.orgSpecial Features:
- First time dining hereKranberryDined on 9/24/2014My boyfriend and I came here to celebrate our six year anniversary. We chose to sit on the outside patio, and thought it was very unique. The food was excellent and and presented beautifully! We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers and martinisCWCWDined on 9/23/2014Food was very good with nice presentation . Good selection . Best appetizers ever .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food!CynD7Dined on 9/20/2014We had 7 people in our party. The staff was professional, polite and prompt with every request. The food was a piece of art on each plate. Very well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Like alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014In my opinion the best restaurant in the Lehigh Valley. I had the mussels as my appetizer, and they were the best I ever had. The food and service are always outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceUenjoyDined on 9/13/2014Atmosphere was very nice and so was our waiter (Nate) ... It's nice to go to a restaurant that not only has outstanding food but also outstanding service. I also like the convenience of making reservations online. Thank you... We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!KimberlyDined on 9/12/2014Always loved this place, but the new outside bar and seating area make it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside areaPopsieDined on 9/12/2014We dined in their new outside area. It was quite noisy and our table was right next to a server station. So all during the meal several servers were behind me getting supplies which was a bit annoying. It also seemed the kitchen could not keep up with the orders as dinner was slow to arrive.Special Features:
- I cannot imagine anotherGrobeVIPDined on 9/11/2014This must be best around Allentown yet. Great food, service and bar scene. Staff is great in every area of customer comfort X infinity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014I had two business lunches there this past week and the food and service were excellent. We were in a quiet area so we could focus on having a good discussion. The corn / crab chowder was fantastic as was all of the entrees we ordered. Service was exceptional. The outdoor / indoor bar area is now open after several months of renovations. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recent dinnerlocalfoodieDined on 9/8/2014As always, the food and service at Grille 3501 were outstanding! The new decor is very attractive and while it looks like (with the use of fabric backing on the walls) an attempt was made to lessen the noise level, I do find it a very noisy environment which in my opinion, prevents it from being really fine dining.Special Features:
- 3501OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014One of my favorite places! Starting with a great martini menu - the 3501 is my goto drink. Atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed. Calamari was the app - the table was split, everyone agreed the sauces were great! Service was slow (unusual), dinner was amazing - my table had the scallops, salmon and the ribeye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic from start to finishjazziesmomVIPDined on 8/23/2014Finally after three years of restaurants near Muhlenberg College have found a gem. We were seated promptly, server was wonderful, and food was one of best meals ever had. Everything was so professional and friendly. Questions were answered expertly. Cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.