445 Providence Main Street, Ste 101
Huntsville, AL 35806Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grille29.com/
- Phone: (256) 489-9470
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week for Lunch & Dinner
Lunch: Everyday (7 days per week) 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Please note that we are closed on: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: -
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Grille 29 has quickly become the leader in upscale dining in Northern Alabama. As a seven- time winner of the Taste of Huntsville, Grille 29 has earned a solid reputation for excellence and menu creativity. Our Executive Chef has kept the ever-changing menu fresh,innovative, and current. We are excited about providing the same elegant experience in the comfort of your office, home, private event venue, or wherever your special occasion takes us. Our Catering program is designed to bring our professional services to you.
- Private Party Facilities: Grille 29 is the perfect place for your gatherings from 10 to 200 people. With a large banquet room and a classy, yet comfortable feeling, Grille 29 is ready to take your reservation for any occasion. Club meetings, family reunions and office parties are all reasons to choose Grille 29.
- Private Party Contact: Regina Burnett 256-489-9476x
- Entertainment: -
A word from Grille 29
Located in the heart of Providence in Huntsville, Alabama, Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass. The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Grille 29 - Best Restaurants in Huntsville ›
Grille 29 reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (68)neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (60)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (43)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (24)great for brunch (21)hot spot (16)late-night find (9)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great food and nice experienceJaymoliDined on 11/21/2014I ate here on business travel and was very pleased with the service and the food quality. Would definitely be back again whenever I am back in Huntsville area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un-impressed is understatementKatzDined on 11/21/2014Overpriced for what you get and a very limited menu. My husbands $39 steak was overcooked and it had a lot of grizzle and fat. The manager did not seem concerned at all, he never even came over to our table. The room in the back is very noisy. Go to Connors or the Melting Pot instead. We will not return. A complete waste of $100! We have gotten much better food from our favorite Mexican restaurant, Las Trojas, for over half the price!
- Anniversary DinnerDinerforty5Dined on 11/20/2014On November 20th, my wife and I celebrated 20 years of marriage. My desire was to honor her, our achievement of 20 years, and to make the occasion memorable. My overall impression was that each, and every Grille 29 staff member was committed to that same purpose. From the hostess, to the manager, and certainly our server John. We were well attended to, made to feel special. Even though we were one of several couples present, it felt like we were the only couple present that evening. This was truly an outstanding dining experience. The food was delectable, the ambiance delightful, and the service was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to go for a special occasion.SparkyDined on 11/15/2014Great food served by a knowledgeable staff in a warm inviting atmosphere. Good wine list but a bit pricey for most budgets but intriguing to see. Always look forward to returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great but food prep quality declinedCajungirl99Dined on 11/15/2014I've been to G29 probably a dozen times and it's one of my favorite upscale venues. However the food quality has declined. Grilled oysters were way over salted; seared tuna entree served tuna I suspected was a little old; wasabi paste instead of real wasabi ( c'mon really?) and my $35 filet mignon was medium on the outside and rare on the inside. I usually have dessert but honestly skipped it this time because I wasn't willing to turn a $100 disappointment into a $125 disappointment. Grille 29 : you can do better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good service.CecilDined on 11/14/2014A excellent dining experience. Food was outstanding and the evening was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfullSandyVIPDined on 11/11/2014A great experience starting with the hostess, Lynn. She greeted us at the door and was very personable, professional, and friendly. The food was terrific and service superb. Consistently good quality and truly one of the best in Huntsville.Special Features:
- Office luncheonHRMGR20Dined on 11/10/2014Our corporate HR department went to lunch to celebrate two employees that 10 and 20 year anniversary. We had a great time everything was ready when we got there. The food was great and arrived quickly. All around we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outRayGDined on 11/9/2014Had a nice evening out with friends for dinner. Enjoyed the ambiance and the ability to have a nice conversation in a normal tone. Steaks are a good choice as well as the fish dishes.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOurnewspotDined on 11/8/2014I wanted to take my husband somewhere new to celebrate his birthday this year rather than the usual, Connors. I saw the great reviews for Grille 29 and they did not disappoint. The food and service was outstanding!! Would definitely go again and recommend to friends!! Keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a solid choice.TheJMoDined on 11/7/2014Having dined here several times throughout the last few years, Grill 29 has yet to disappoint. Every appetizer, entree and dessert I've had has met or exceeded my expectations. Excellent wait staff - very attentive and knowledgable. The specials are always worth consideration as often there are some unique items such as the lobster quesadilla we had. My favorite dish would have to be any of the scallop dishes as well as the Grouper Oscar. The salmon brûlée is also excellent. If there is a downside, I would have to say that the interior of the restaurant hasn't change in quite awhile. Not that it's bad, but it might be time for some updates to change things around a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To Reserve or Not To ReserveOCD1Dined on 11/7/2014So, if I'm totally honest! I purposely made reservations with a note specifically requesting a romantic spot in the restaurant. We arrived early and noticed several open tables. However, our "special" table was not ready. We headed to the bar to have a drink while waiting. Typically, we are bar people anyway and like to interact with the bar tender. On our second drink, we are approached by the hostess to let us know our table is ready. Cool! Well, as it turns out, it is the 6 top table right behind us in the bar area. Really! Why would we move from our now comfortable spot at the bar to less than 10 feet away to sit at a table for 6? I guess requesting a special spot really did not make any difference :)!Special Features:
- Grille 29 ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/6/2014Just wanted to take a moment to compliment the service we received from Jennifer this evening. She was fantastic! I appreciate a server who does a great job.Special Features:
- WowSteakguruDined on 11/1/2014Probably one of the best meals I've ever had which says a lot as I've been to some of the best steakhouses in the country..but none of those could top the Grille 29 filet or Cowboy ribeye. Add in exceptional service, a great beer and wine list and you have a perfect meal - easily the best in Northern AlabamaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as AlwaysBsidesDined on 11/1/2014Grill 29 is spectacular. From the staff to the food, everything is a hit at this gem in Providence. Take your family for lunch or take someone special at night. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Than ExpectedrocketcityrookieDined on 10/30/2014I had received several recommendations for taking my wife out to a nice, romantic spot for dinner, and Grille 29 was a common suggestion. Being new to Huntsville, I decided to give it a try. From the moment we walked in the door the staff was courteous and accommodating, and the entire ambiance of the restaurant was perfect. We tried the Calamari, Lobster Bisque, and Potato Crusted Halibut and everything was beyond our expectations. Even after ordering a glass of wine and the Crème Brulee for dessert, I was still pleasantly surprised to see that the bill did not break our budget. Very impressed all around and will definitely be coming back many more times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfecteighthoctaveDined on 10/27/2014I took my wife here for her birthday. I mentioned that it was her birthday in the reservation notes, but wasn't really expecting anything special. When we got there, they gave her a birthday card signed by the employees, as well as a $10 gift certificate. My wife was so surprised! The food and service was fantastic! We can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent service. Good food. Lighting very dark in restaurant, but otherwise good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its always good at Grill 29BamaBreezeDined on 10/20/2014I have had the pleasure of dining at Grill 29 several times over the past few years. I have never had a bad meal or bad service. The staff is always very nice. The food is always great and the place is always very relaxing. I placed a reservation and said in the notes it was my wedding anniversary and there was a particular table we had sit at a few times before. When we got to the door we were treated to a smiling staff and wished us a happy anniversary. At the table they had all signed a card as well. Those extra touches are what makes a good place even better.Special Features:
- One of our finest meals ever!IndianasweetpeaDined on 10/19/2014Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we visited Grille 29; all we could do was gush about the creativity and quality of our meals! Hubby went for the surf and turf, with deliciously sweet scallops and a wonderfully tender filet. His sides were the corn cheese grits (omg!) and creamed spinach. I ordered an evening special: short rib stuffed trout with julienned vegetables and corn/bacon hush puppies. The stuffed trout was just amazing and so inventive. Truly, the entrees could not have been better! Service was fine and consistent. Please try this extraordinary establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful staffVickyTasDined on 10/18/2014I booked a reservation for my family and informed them that we were coming to celebrate the milestone birthdays of two of my family members, to my pleasant surprise they gave them a birthday card which the staff signed, that was a very nice gesture. The food was good and staff was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service, cold foodJeff79Dined on 10/17/2014Over 1 hr 15 until we received our cold under cooked steak due to a large party in the restautant that took priority. Our waitress did apologize because the party kept getting our order, but thats really all she said to us. I did pay for our cold food after being underminded by a manager trying to give me ice cream for a consolation prize. We have eaten there several times , but that was the last time. Very disapointed, JSpecial Features:
- Great Anniversary MealG00dEatsDined on 10/14/2014We've known about Grille 29 for some time, but we have just put of going since we don't eat out that often. We decided to have our 30th Anniversary dinner there and it was an excellent choice. The food (seafood for both of us) was outstanding, and since it was a Tuesday evening, the restaurant was busy, but not overcrowded. The noise level was such that we were able to have a quiet conversation, which is difficult to do in many popular restaurants these days. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening, and we will keep Grille 29 on our short list of 'dine-out' spots.Special Features:
- Very niceTheSlacksDined on 10/11/2014Its was very nice, we decided to go to grill 29 for our anniversary and I'm glad we did. The food was great and it was very romantic. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicesonnyboDined on 10/10/2014I have never had bad experince always great food and service. one of best in Huntsville.Special Features:
- A perfect birthday celebrationBigCityFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Great service. Very good food. We always take out-of-town guests to Grille 29 for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GF MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/6/2014Have a GF menu and are very accommodating to dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMadisonMomDined on 10/2/2014The steak was outstanding - perfectly cooked. I added the "oscar" topping and it was DIVINE. Love love love the cheese grits - they are the best I've ever had. For dessert we had the chocolate peanut butter tower thing and it was delicious. Everything was very high quality. The server (Darryl, I think was his name) was kind and attentive, but not overly so. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- Great Lunch ExperiencenwfsnakeDined on 10/2/2014The lunch menu and specials appeal to a variety of tastes. Pricing was right in line for lunch at an upscale restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningbamaDined on 9/30/2014loved lunch - specials were excellent. easy access, nice folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer, romantic datefirsttimerDined on 9/26/2014I took my girlfriend here for date night. It was both of our first time coming. I booked reservations for 8:00 but our booth was in the back by the kitchen which really kills the mood when you got all of that noise and people walking in and out and its very distracting for a restaurant that's so expensive. We could have ate at IHOP for that kind of atmosphere for a whole lot cheaper. We asked to be moved but there were no other booths available so we had to take a table which was not what we wanted but it was better than the kitchen. I ordered the stuffed scallops and she ordered the grouper. The presentation of the food was very nice. The grouper had a great flavor but the scallops were ok at best.Special Features:
- Great place for steak and sea foodJamesDined on 9/26/2014Great first time experience... Beautiful setting... Wait staff was attentive and pleasant... Food was cooked just the way we ordered... Manager made the rounds as folks were finishing... Could not try the delicious-looking desserts because we were too full by the time we finished the main course...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureHemmingwayDined on 9/23/2014I've been to Grille 29 before and repeat visits never dissappoint. The atmosphere is wonderful and so is hte food.Special Features:
- Great!SandyVIPDined on 9/22/2014Great lunch in a very peaceful atmosphere. Very nice and quiet- no need to shout which is outstanding compared to many other places. We had 2 sandwiches- a very nice burger and a chicken salad croissant. We opted for fruit and they gave us fresh pineapple still in the husk but cut and separated in a nice design. Very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!TopNotchDined on 9/20/2014I booked the place for me to propose to my now fiancé and the service was oh so great. I would highly recommend this place for any type of special moments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingflyboyflyhighDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I celebrated her 62nd birthday at the restaurant. I ordered flower my your service. When we arrived they were on the table. The flowers were beautiful ad well arranged. I also brought a birthday cake in the day before our visit and the management at Grill 29 was very, very helpful in ensuring that the cake was delivered to our table at the end of our meal. Our server was very courteous and prompt. She knew her job very well. Overall I am very impressed with Grille 29. I will definatley go back. The experience was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date night placeSjbuDined on 9/19/2014On time seating, great date night place with husbandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulEnglishGirlDined on 9/13/2014My husband & I first dined here in the evening for valentines day. When we were given a gift card to return from a friend we were delighted.There is always something new & interesting to try. The evening meal varies from the lunch menu which I love although it is a little more expensive but you do get what you pay for...excellent food & a great wine list too! On both occasions I have booked in advance so as not to be disappointed as it is a popular restaurant. If you are looking for that some place special that caters way beyond the typical ' Southern Style Food' this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit but not our lastPreciousAndFewDined on 9/12/2014The menu is interesting with a good selection of entrees without being exasperatingly long. Service was among the best in town. A tad on the pricey side but not extravagant, justified by the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Football Season & Classy DinnerMinnieDined on 9/7/2014Group of friends wanted to get together for a classy dinner but of course we still wanted to watch football. The staff placed us near the bar close to TVs. They were accommodating by setting up the channels to watch our football games of choice. The bartender was great and attentive and food was delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.