445 Providence Main Street, Ste 101
Huntsville, AL 35806Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grille29.com/
- Phone: 2564899470x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week for Lunch & Dinner
Lunch: Everyday (7 days per week) 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Please note that we are closed on: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: -
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Grille 29 has quickly become the leader in upscale dining in Northern Alabama. As a seven- time winner of the Taste of Huntsville, Grille 29 has earned a solid reputation for excellence and menu creativity. Our Executive Chef has kept the ever-changing menu fresh,innovative, and current. We are excited about providing the same elegant experience in the comfort of your office, home, private event venue, or wherever your special occasion takes us. Our Catering program is designed to bring our professional services to you.
- Private Party Facilities: Grille 29 is the perfect place for your gatherings from 10 to 200 people. With a large banquet room and a classy, yet comfortable feeling, Grille 29 is ready to take your reservation for any occasion. Club meetings, family reunions and office parties are all reasons to choose Grille 29.
- Private Party Contact: Regina Burnett 256-489-9476x
- Entertainment: -
A word from Grille 29
Located in the heart of Providence in Huntsville, Alabama, Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass. The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Grille 29 - Best Restaurants in Huntsville ›
Grille 29 reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (72)neighborhood gem (63)great for outdoor dining (51)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (46)great for lunch (34)great for brunch (29)notable wine list (26)hot spot (20)scenic view (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- WonderfulEnglishGirlDined on 9/13/2014My husband & I first dined here in the evening for valentines day. When we were given a gift card to return from a friend we were delighted.There is always something new & interesting to try. The evening meal varies from the lunch menu which I love although it is a little more expensive but you do get what you pay for...excellent food & a great wine list too! On both occasions I have booked in advance so as not to be disappointed as it is a popular restaurant. If you are looking for that some place special that caters way beyond the typical ' Southern Style Food' this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit but not our lastPreciousAndFewDined on 9/12/2014The menu is interesting with a good selection of entrees without being exasperatingly long. Service was among the best in town. A tad on the pricey side but not extravagant, justified by the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!HappyCoupleDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed Grill 29 for our wedding anniversary. Melt in your mouth filet, beautiful grouper, awesome french onion soup.Special Features:
- Excellent venue!bobkatDined on 9/5/2014Really enjoyed the experience. The service was terrific and we felt like we could take our time to enjoy our food and wine. The variety on the menu with wonderful. We would highly recommend this venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedcbomber35Dined on 9/5/2014I was expecting a lot from grille 29 and it failed to deliver. We had the NY Strip and 8 Oz Filet, both were tough and dry (cooked medium) and really tasted like something I'd get from Applebee's. The sides were undercooked and just awful, they really tasted like frozen microwaved sides. I will never go back there and wish someone warned me. For the price it was the worst meal I've ever paid for! The only redeeming quality was the good service provided by the wait staff.
- Great findEat2liveDined on 9/5/2014So glad to have found this place. Delicious food and terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I waited 43 years to write thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014Since this was to celebrate our 43rd anniversary, technically that's true. Decided to try a place we never tried before and we hit a home run. Located in a vibrant area I had never seen, our whole dinner experience at Grille 29 was a joy. Service was first rate, and I really appreciate how they offer to give you a small taste of a wine you are considering but have never tried to see if you like it. We ordered an array of courses and not one weak link amount them. Normally I would point out what was good, but in this case, what was not? I tried to come up with something I could complain about but the only thing that comes to mind is why I waited so long to try the place. It won't be our last visit.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantPumpvixenVIPDined on 9/4/2014This is our number one choice when we visit Huntsville on business. The food is always exceptional. The scallops with grits and vegetables were out of this world. I always love the 29 grille salad with salmon, it makes a nice meal. The menu is varied which is also perfect for a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Good, But Not This TimeIMHO10xDined on 8/29/201429 is our "go to" spot for most every type of occasion - out of town guest, girl's day out, Saturday lunch, business meeting, celebrations. The restaurant is diverse & food is consistently great & well presented. This time however, food was very salty despite my request for low sodium & service mediocre. Waiter forgot to fill requests, was not attentive to refilling waters & did not check in as often. We have experienced great service here from other wait staff with attention to detail. Perhaps there were issues going on behind the scenes ie. low staffing that night or our waiter was not feeling well. Waiters are human too. This will not prevent us from returning, but perhaps management needs to refresh their training program.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful in Every WayRocketphdDined on 8/22/2014My wife an I were in town celebrating our wedding anniversay and had consulted Trip Advisor to find a top rated dining spot. Grille 29 was highly rated and lived up to its billing. The food was delicious and the portions were generous. Our server was courteous and attentive to our needs. If we return to Huntsville, we will make a stop here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014We both ordered the restaurant week pairing. This was a great meal. The Gazpacho was very flavorful. The scallops were done very well also. I don't think I have had any better in my recent past. Creme Brule is always a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining @ Grille 29TwigsDined on 8/20/2014My husband & I chose Grille 29 to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. When we arrived they had a special table reserved just for us. On the table was an anniversary card signed by the staff & inside was a $10 gift card to be used on our next visit. The service was outstanding and food was beyond delicious! We can't wait to go back, use our gift card and eat some more wonderful cuisine!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerHsvshrkDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I dined there for our 33rd wedding anniversary. The manager had an anniversary card on our table waiting for our arrival. Our waiter, Dave, was attentive and prompt. The food was well prepared and excellent in taste. Whether for a special occasion or business group or just a good night out, Grille 29 is our favorite. That's one reason we keep going back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service4alkingsDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding food. Had the firecracker shrimp and the cowboy ribeye. Both were the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!FillingUpVIPDined on 8/14/2014Grille 29 hits all the marks! Great food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:
- ok but not worth the $$$$capiDined on 8/14/2014$146 before tip for one bottle of wine and two entrees. Food was good but there are many better for less. Save this one for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodgoodeatsDined on 8/14/2014The food was very good and the service was as well. We went on a Wednesday so it was not really busy.Special Features:
- Great serviceTravelerDined on 8/13/2014Our waiter Joshua was very attentive, quick to provide recommendations, and most patient with some of our special requests.Special Features:
- Over the top serviceMikeDined on 8/13/2014Dining out has so many variables to it that one thing alone can cause it to go sour. The combination of ambiance, quality of food, and service are usually the ones that make it or break for us. This week the service by Jen was outstanding. Her efforts alone and maybe the chocolate souffle knocked out of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJoshDined on 8/11/2014The atmosphere, good, wine list, and scenery is all fantastic!! A real gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014The food is always good here. Had the sea bass special on this occasion and it was outstanding.Special Features:
- Refreshing to find GREAT Service!PleasantlyStuffedDined on 8/4/2014Make a point to ask for Jamie at Grille 29!! The service was as phenomenal as our food...and that was TOP NOTCH!! Our table had an amazing variety of entrees for each of us to "try out". However, prior to the entrees, we had the fried green tomatoes with jalapeno coleslaw, to die for! The firecracker shrimp was wonderful too! Then for the main courses...the potato crusted halibut, flaky and amazingly delicious! The 8 oz filet, cut it with my butter knife before realizing I had a steak knife! (Didn't need the steak knife) The Cajun pasta and shrimp, perfectly spiced. The Tuscan grilled chicken, incredible flavorful and juicy! And the grand finale... we shared (fought over) the chocolate peanut butter truffle!! Eating outdoors was nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnersarahsmilesDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I had dinner at Grille 29 last weekend and really enjoyed our experience. Our waiter was phenomenal and we loved the foodSpecial Features:
- Grill 29 Huntsville, ALchoosehappyDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food; excellent service; room a little warm; Brittney was an outstanding waitressSpecial Features:
- great dining experienceMustang57Dined on 8/1/2014The service was quick and professional, the food was prepared perfectly, and our overall experience was one the best we've experienced anywhere in the South. Really superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodJamesDined on 7/30/2014I have been to this restaurant several times. I have loved everything I have ordered. It was a nice plus that when we got to the table there was an anniversary card with a gift certificate in it, signed by everyone that works there. No restaurant has to do that, so it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerChuckDined on 7/26/2014A very enjoyable dining experience, without being ridiculously pricey. The halibut cheeks were delicious, and the molasses bacon glaze was so good we were inspired to go home and try to recreate it! The Chilean sea bass was also quite good, but not quite as awe-inspiring. We shared a slice of cinnamon amaretto cheesecake for dessert that was just divine - creamy, sweet, melt in your mouth yumminess! Our waiter was excellent with recommendations and with his service. My only negative comment would be the amount of service traffic that went by our booth in the course of the evening. Apparently we were seated on the main corridor of traffic from the kitchen, which was a bit distracting at times. Otherwise, all was great and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grille 29sweettoothDined on 7/25/2014As always--a great dining experience. Chocolate soufflé is worth it by itself--in fact with such generous portions, dinner and dessert is too much; either share a dessert or just go for late night drink and dessert. One of few restaurants in Huntsville where you can talk if you request a "talking alcove".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!KulerfullVIPDined on 7/22/2014Took out of town customers out for dinner...quiet resturant GREAT food!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBabiesneedsittersDined on 7/19/2014I have no complaints regarding the restaurant itself. The food was excellent, and the service was prompt and attentive. Everything was prepared exactly as described, and medium-rare meant medium rare. My only issue has nothing to do with the restaurant itself but two of the patrons. Listen, I get that parents deserve a night out as well, but Grille 29 is supposed to be a somewhat nice restaurant where people can enjoy a relaxing night out. Don't bring your infant to dinner there at 8pm and then ignore him when he's bawling his head off. It's just not appropriate to force the entire restaurant to listen to your baby cry for thirty minutes. Take him outside and get him calmed down at the very least, don't just let him cry.Special Features:
- Thank you Grille 29mshelmanDined on 7/19/2014We visited Grille 29 for my husband's birthday and as always, we totally enjoyed our evening out. Great restaurant, great food.Special Features:
- BIllVIPDined on 7/19/2014Had another great meal at Grill 29 last weekend. The food was outstanding (as usual) and the service was terrific. Thank you Grill 29 for always being a place we can rely on for good food, good service at reasonable pricing. billSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!!ClydeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Me and my wife frequent Grille 29 for dinner the past 4 years when attending plays and concerts. We've been to many of the better restaurants in and around Huntsville but we always refer back here. We treat it as a special date type of place but it could a great neighborhood spot for lunch and fine casual dinning. The service has always been the best and I base the comment on the consistent performance of maybe 40 visits. I took my business group here for a special event (32 people) and the experience was just great. My team and bosses were all complementary of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Very disappointed in the food. Steak was well done and the fish was overcooked. Will not be going back. We wished we would have eaten at the sports bar next door. Our food probably would have been better.
- Go for the gritsTfp53Dined on 7/18/2014My wife and I went to Grille 29 for the first time this weekend. Our server was Christian. The service was perfect. Ask for him. My wife had the crab cakes. They look like they were made in a muffin pan. Tops burned a little. Seasoning was good. We should have said something but didn't. If you are used to the lump crab cakes at Bonefish, you will be disappointed. Avoid them. I had the pork chop. It was good but nothing special. The creamed spinach was very tasty. The star of the night was the white corn cheese grits. My wife wouldn't stop reaching across the table to eat my grits. If they had shrimp and grits on the menu, we would be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itDeeeDined on 7/15/2014We choose to eat here for our anniversary. This is not a good choice for a special occasion. The restaurant has the feel of typical large corporate restaurant ( ruby Tuesdays, etc). It was overpriced for the quality of the food. We both ordered the from the chefs special ( sea bass and New York strip). The sea bass was pretty good, but the steak was overcooked, tough and a very poor cut of meat. My husband ordered it medium rare. The tuna appetizer was good. Our waitress was very scarce the entire evening. She never removed all of the menus from our table and kept saying she would be back to clean up our table. We will not be going back. We don't mind spending 100-200$ on dinner when it is worth it, but this was not worth it.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Dining!FiveStarLifestyleDined on 7/15/2014This is definitely one of my favorite places to dine; however, since I moved out of the neighborhood, I almost forgot how much I enjoyed it until my visit this week. Keep up the Great Job! #AsIRememberedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe and Pamela CroweJJandFigDined on 7/11/2014We celebrated our wedding dinner a year ago at Grille 29. We returned for our first Anniversary!! Wonderful memories that add to our special event.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed, but great desertsDinner4twoDined on 7/11/2014My in-laws were in town so we took them to Grille 29 for a nice evening out. The atmosphere was nice, the service was good, but I was underwhelmed by the food. All of us got steak and everyone's was over cooked and the flavor was no better than a typical chain restaurant. I got the Oscar topping and it was completely devoid of flavor. Thankfully we splurged for deserts and salvaged the meal. Next time I think we'll go somewhere else and maybe just swing by for a desert at the bar.Special Features:
- Never Disappointsdonnad1105Dined on 7/9/2014This is one of my favorite places to dine. The food is always cooked to perfection and the atmosphere is outstanding. I ordered the Grille 29 salad and added grilled salmon...all of the ingredients provided a healthy, fresh, tasty, and filling meal. We added the creme brulee trio for dessert for the table. It was nothing short of AWESOME! Thank you for giving us a pleasant atmosphere along with the delicious food. It is always a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.