445 Providence Main Street, Ste 101
Huntsville, AL 35806Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grille29.com/
- Phone: 2564899470x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week for Lunch & Dinner
Lunch: Everyday (7 days per week) 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Please note that we are closed on: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: -
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Grille 29 has quickly become the leader in upscale dining in Northern Alabama. As a seven- time winner of the Taste of Huntsville, Grille 29 has earned a solid reputation for excellence and menu creativity. Our Executive Chef has kept the ever-changing menu fresh,innovative, and current. We are excited about providing the same elegant experience in the comfort of your office, home, private event venue, or wherever your special occasion takes us. Our Catering program is designed to bring our professional services to you.
- Private Party Facilities: Grille 29 is the perfect place for your gatherings from 10 to 200 people. With a large banquet room and a classy, yet comfortable feeling, Grille 29 is ready to take your reservation for any occasion. Club meetings, family reunions and office parties are all reasons to choose Grille 29.
- Private Party Contact: Regina Burnett 256-489-9476x
- Entertainment: -
A word from Grille 29
Located in the heart of Providence in Huntsville, Alabama, Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass. The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Grille 29 - Best Restaurants in Huntsville ›
Grille 29 reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (72)neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (53)great for outdoor dining (52)good for groups (43)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (28)notable wine list (23)hot spot (20)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- One of our finest meals ever!IndianasweetpeaDined on 10/19/2014Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we visited Grille 29; all we could do was gush about the creativity and quality of our meals! Hubby went for the surf and turf, with deliciously sweet scallops and a wonderfully tender filet. His sides were the corn cheese grits (omg!) and creamed spinach. I ordered an evening special: short rib stuffed trout with julienned vegetables and corn/bacon hush puppies. The stuffed trout was just amazing and so inventive. Truly, the entrees could not have been better! Service was fine and consistent. Please try this extraordinary establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful staffVickyTasDined on 10/18/2014I booked a reservation for my family and informed them that we were coming to celebrate the milestone birthdays of two of my family members, to my pleasant surprise they gave them a birthday card which the staff signed, that was a very nice gesture. The food was good and staff was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service, cold foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Over 1 hr 15 until we received our cold under cooked steak due to a large party in the restautant that took priority. Our waitress did apologize because the party kept getting our order, but thats really all she said to us. I did pay for our cold food after being underminded by a manager trying to give me ice cream for a consolation prize. We have eaten there several times , but that was the last time. Very disapointed, JSpecial Features:
- Great Anniversary MealG00dEatsDined on 10/14/2014We've known about Grille 29 for some time, but we have just put of going since we don't eat out that often. We decided to have our 30th Anniversary dinner there and it was an excellent choice. The food (seafood for both of us) was outstanding, and since it was a Tuesday evening, the restaurant was busy, but not overcrowded. The noise level was such that we were able to have a quiet conversation, which is difficult to do in many popular restaurants these days. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening, and we will keep Grille 29 on our short list of 'dine-out' spots.Special Features:
- Very niceTheSlacksDined on 10/11/2014Its was very nice, we decided to go to grill 29 for our anniversary and I'm glad we did. The food was great and it was very romantic. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicesonnyboDined on 10/10/2014I have never had bad experince always great food and service. one of best in Huntsville.Special Features:
- A perfect birthday celebrationBigCityFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Great service. Very good food. We always take out-of-town guests to Grille 29 for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GF MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/6/2014Have a GF menu and are very accommodating to dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMadisonMomDined on 10/2/2014The steak was outstanding - perfectly cooked. I added the "oscar" topping and it was DIVINE. Love love love the cheese grits - they are the best I've ever had. For dessert we had the chocolate peanut butter tower thing and it was delicious. Everything was very high quality. The server (Darryl, I think was his name) was kind and attentive, but not overly so. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- Great Lunch ExperiencenwfsnakeDined on 10/2/2014The lunch menu and specials appeal to a variety of tastes. Pricing was right in line for lunch at an upscale restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningbamaDined on 9/30/2014loved lunch - specials were excellent. easy access, nice folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer, romantic datefirsttimerDined on 9/26/2014I took my girlfriend here for date night. It was both of our first time coming. I booked reservations for 8:00 but our booth was in the back by the kitchen which really kills the mood when you got all of that noise and people walking in and out and its very distracting for a restaurant that's so expensive. We could have ate at IHOP for that kind of atmosphere for a whole lot cheaper. We asked to be moved but there were no other booths available so we had to take a table which was not what we wanted but it was better than the kitchen. I ordered the stuffed scallops and she ordered the grouper. The presentation of the food was very nice. The grouper had a great flavor but the scallops were ok at best.Special Features:
- Great place for steak and sea foodJamesDined on 9/26/2014Great first time experience... Beautiful setting... Wait staff was attentive and pleasant... Food was cooked just the way we ordered... Manager made the rounds as folks were finishing... Could not try the delicious-looking desserts because we were too full by the time we finished the main course...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureHemmingwayDined on 9/23/2014I've been to Grille 29 before and repeat visits never dissappoint. The atmosphere is wonderful and so is hte food.Special Features:
- Great!SandyVIPDined on 9/22/2014Great lunch in a very peaceful atmosphere. Very nice and quiet- no need to shout which is outstanding compared to many other places. We had 2 sandwiches- a very nice burger and a chicken salad croissant. We opted for fruit and they gave us fresh pineapple still in the husk but cut and separated in a nice design. Very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!TopNotchDined on 9/20/2014I booked the place for me to propose to my now fiancé and the service was oh so great. I would highly recommend this place for any type of special moments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingflyboyflyhighDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I celebrated her 62nd birthday at the restaurant. I ordered flower my your service. When we arrived they were on the table. The flowers were beautiful ad well arranged. I also brought a birthday cake in the day before our visit and the management at Grill 29 was very, very helpful in ensuring that the cake was delivered to our table at the end of our meal. Our server was very courteous and prompt. She knew her job very well. Overall I am very impressed with Grille 29. I will definatley go back. The experience was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date night placeSjbuDined on 9/19/2014On time seating, great date night place with husbandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulEnglishGirlDined on 9/13/2014My husband & I first dined here in the evening for valentines day. When we were given a gift card to return from a friend we were delighted.There is always something new & interesting to try. The evening meal varies from the lunch menu which I love although it is a little more expensive but you do get what you pay for...excellent food & a great wine list too! On both occasions I have booked in advance so as not to be disappointed as it is a popular restaurant. If you are looking for that some place special that caters way beyond the typical ' Southern Style Food' this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit but not our lastPreciousAndFewDined on 9/12/2014The menu is interesting with a good selection of entrees without being exasperatingly long. Service was among the best in town. A tad on the pricey side but not extravagant, justified by the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Football Season & Classy DinnerMinnieDined on 9/7/2014Group of friends wanted to get together for a classy dinner but of course we still wanted to watch football. The staff placed us near the bar close to TVs. They were accommodating by setting up the channels to watch our football games of choice. The bartender was great and attentive and food was delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!HappyCoupleDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed Grill 29 for our wedding anniversary. Melt in your mouth filet, beautiful grouper, awesome french onion soup.Special Features:
- Excellent venue!bobkatDined on 9/5/2014Really enjoyed the experience. The service was terrific and we felt like we could take our time to enjoy our food and wine. The variety on the menu with wonderful. We would highly recommend this venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedcbomber35Dined on 9/5/2014I was expecting a lot from grille 29 and it failed to deliver. We had the NY Strip and 8 Oz Filet, both were tough and dry (cooked medium) and really tasted like something I'd get from Applebee's. The sides were undercooked and just awful, they really tasted like frozen microwaved sides. I will never go back there and wish someone warned me. For the price it was the worst meal I've ever paid for! The only redeeming quality was the good service provided by the wait staff.
- Great findEat2liveDined on 9/5/2014So glad to have found this place. Delicious food and terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I waited 43 years to write thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014Since this was to celebrate our 43rd anniversary, technically that's true. Decided to try a place we never tried before and we hit a home run. Located in a vibrant area I had never seen, our whole dinner experience at Grille 29 was a joy. Service was first rate, and I really appreciate how they offer to give you a small taste of a wine you are considering but have never tried to see if you like it. We ordered an array of courses and not one weak link amount them. Normally I would point out what was good, but in this case, what was not? I tried to come up with something I could complain about but the only thing that comes to mind is why I waited so long to try the place. It won't be our last visit.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantPumpvixenVIPDined on 9/4/2014This is our number one choice when we visit Huntsville on business. The food is always exceptional. The scallops with grits and vegetables were out of this world. I always love the 29 grille salad with salmon, it makes a nice meal. The menu is varied which is also perfect for a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Good, But Not This TimeIMHO10xDined on 8/29/201429 is our "go to" spot for most every type of occasion - out of town guest, girl's day out, Saturday lunch, business meeting, celebrations. The restaurant is diverse & food is consistently great & well presented. This time however, food was very salty despite my request for low sodium & service mediocre. Waiter forgot to fill requests, was not attentive to refilling waters & did not check in as often. We have experienced great service here from other wait staff with attention to detail. Perhaps there were issues going on behind the scenes ie. low staffing that night or our waiter was not feeling well. Waiters are human too. This will not prevent us from returning, but perhaps management needs to refresh their training program.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful in Every WayRocketphdDined on 8/22/2014My wife an I were in town celebrating our wedding anniversay and had consulted Trip Advisor to find a top rated dining spot. Grille 29 was highly rated and lived up to its billing. The food was delicious and the portions were generous. Our server was courteous and attentive to our needs. If we return to Huntsville, we will make a stop here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014We both ordered the restaurant week pairing. This was a great meal. The Gazpacho was very flavorful. The scallops were done very well also. I don't think I have had any better in my recent past. Creme Brule is always a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining @ Grille 29TwigsDined on 8/20/2014My husband & I chose Grille 29 to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. When we arrived they had a special table reserved just for us. On the table was an anniversary card signed by the staff & inside was a $10 gift card to be used on our next visit. The service was outstanding and food was beyond delicious! We can't wait to go back, use our gift card and eat some more wonderful cuisine!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerHsvshrkDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I dined there for our 33rd wedding anniversary. The manager had an anniversary card on our table waiting for our arrival. Our waiter, Dave, was attentive and prompt. The food was well prepared and excellent in taste. Whether for a special occasion or business group or just a good night out, Grille 29 is our favorite. That's one reason we keep going back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service4alkingsDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding food. Had the firecracker shrimp and the cowboy ribeye. Both were the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!FillingUpVIPDined on 8/14/2014Grille 29 hits all the marks! Great food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:
- ok but not worth the $$$$capiDined on 8/14/2014$146 before tip for one bottle of wine and two entrees. Food was good but there are many better for less. Save this one for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodgoodeatsDined on 8/14/2014The food was very good and the service was as well. We went on a Wednesday so it was not really busy.Special Features:
- Great serviceTravelerDined on 8/13/2014Our waiter Joshua was very attentive, quick to provide recommendations, and most patient with some of our special requests.Special Features:
- Over the top serviceMikeDined on 8/13/2014Dining out has so many variables to it that one thing alone can cause it to go sour. The combination of ambiance, quality of food, and service are usually the ones that make it or break for us. This week the service by Jen was outstanding. Her efforts alone and maybe the chocolate souffle knocked out of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJoshDined on 8/11/2014The atmosphere, good, wine list, and scenery is all fantastic!! A real gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014The food is always good here. Had the sea bass special on this occasion and it was outstanding.Special Features: