445 Providence Main Street, Ste 101
Huntsville, AL 35806Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grille29.com/
- Phone: 2564899470x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week for Lunch & Dinner
Lunch: Everyday (7 days per week)
11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Please note that we are closed on: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: -
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Grille 29 has quickly become the leader in upscale dining in Northern Alabama. As a four- time winner of the Taste of Huntsville, Grille 29
has earned a solid reputation for excellence and menu creativity.
Our Executive Chef has kept the ever-changing menu fresh,innovative, and current. We are excited about providing the same
elegant experience in the comfort of your office, home, private event venue, or wherever your special occasion takes us. Our Catering program is designed to bring our professional services to you.
- Private Party Facilities: Grille 29 is the perfect place for your gatherings from 10 to 200 people. With a large banquet room and a classy, yet comfortable feeling, Grille 29 is ready to take your reservation for any occasion. Club meetings, family reunions and office parties are all reasons to choose Grille 29.
- Private Party Contact: Regina Burnett 256-489-9476x
- Entertainment: -
- Special Events: Alabama Restaurant Week:
8/15/2014 - 8/24/2014
Village of Providence Movie's in the Park:
Village of Providence Concert's in the Park:
A word from Grille 29
Grille 29 is Huntsville hottest new concept in upscale-casual dining. Located in the heart of Providence Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass . The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Grille 29 - Best Restaurants in Huntsville ›
Grille 29 reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)romantic (73)neighborhood gem (62)great for outdoor dining (53)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (39)great for brunch (34)notable wine list (25)hot spot (17)late-night find (11)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- Wonderful in Every WayRocketphdDined on 8/22/2014My wife an I were in town celebrating our wedding anniversay and had consulted Trip Advisor to find a top rated dining spot. Grille 29 was highly rated and lived up to its billing. The food was delicious and the portions were generous. Our server was courteous and attentive to our needs. If we return to Huntsville, we will make a stop here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014We both ordered the restaurant week pairing. This was a great meal. The Gazpacho was very flavorful. The scallops were done very well also. I don't think I have had any better in my recent past. Creme Brule is always a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining @ Grille 29TwigsDined on 8/20/2014My husband & I chose Grille 29 to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. When we arrived they had a special table reserved just for us. On the table was an anniversary card signed by the staff & inside was a $10 gift card to be used on our next visit. The service was outstanding and food was beyond delicious! We can't wait to go back, use our gift card and eat some more wonderful cuisine!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerHsvshrkDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I dined there for our 33rd wedding anniversary. The manager had an anniversary card on our table waiting for our arrival. Our waiter, Dave, was attentive and prompt. The food was well prepared and excellent in taste. Whether for a special occasion or business group or just a good night out, Grille 29 is our favorite. That's one reason we keep going back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service4alkingsDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding food. Had the firecracker shrimp and the cowboy ribeye. Both were the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!FillingUpVIPDined on 8/14/2014Grille 29 hits all the marks! Great food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:
- ok but not worth the $$$$capiDined on 8/14/2014$146 before tip for one bottle of wine and two entrees. Food was good but there are many better for less. Save this one for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodgoodeatsDined on 8/14/2014The food was very good and the service was as well. We went on a Wednesday so it was not really busy.Special Features:
- Great serviceTravelerDined on 8/13/2014Our waiter Joshua was very attentive, quick to provide recommendations, and most patient with some of our special requests.Special Features:
- Over the top serviceMikeDined on 8/13/2014Dining out has so many variables to it that one thing alone can cause it to go sour. The combination of ambiance, quality of food, and service are usually the ones that make it or break for us. This week the service by Jen was outstanding. Her efforts alone and maybe the chocolate souffle knocked out of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJoshDined on 8/11/2014The atmosphere, good, wine list, and scenery is all fantastic!! A real gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014The food is always good here. Had the sea bass special on this occasion and it was outstanding.Special Features:
- Refreshing to find GREAT Service!PleasantlyStuffedDined on 8/4/2014Make a point to ask for Jamie at Grille 29!! The service was as phenomenal as our food...and that was TOP NOTCH!! Our table had an amazing variety of entrees for each of us to "try out". However, prior to the entrees, we had the fried green tomatoes with jalapeno coleslaw, to die for! The firecracker shrimp was wonderful too! Then for the main courses...the potato crusted halibut, flaky and amazingly delicious! The 8 oz filet, cut it with my butter knife before realizing I had a steak knife! (Didn't need the steak knife) The Cajun pasta and shrimp, perfectly spiced. The Tuscan grilled chicken, incredible flavorful and juicy! And the grand finale... we shared (fought over) the chocolate peanut butter truffle!! Eating outdoors was nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnersarahsmilesDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I had dinner at Grille 29 last weekend and really enjoyed our experience. Our waiter was phenomenal and we loved the foodSpecial Features:
- Grill 29 Huntsville, ALchoosehappyDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food; excellent service; room a little warm; Brittney was an outstanding waitressSpecial Features:
- great dining experienceMustang57Dined on 8/1/2014The service was quick and professional, the food was prepared perfectly, and our overall experience was one the best we've experienced anywhere in the South. Really superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodJamesDined on 7/30/2014I have been to this restaurant several times. I have loved everything I have ordered. It was a nice plus that when we got to the table there was an anniversary card with a gift certificate in it, signed by everyone that works there. No restaurant has to do that, so it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerChuckDined on 7/26/2014A very enjoyable dining experience, without being ridiculously pricey. The halibut cheeks were delicious, and the molasses bacon glaze was so good we were inspired to go home and try to recreate it! The Chilean sea bass was also quite good, but not quite as awe-inspiring. We shared a slice of cinnamon amaretto cheesecake for dessert that was just divine - creamy, sweet, melt in your mouth yumminess! Our waiter was excellent with recommendations and with his service. My only negative comment would be the amount of service traffic that went by our booth in the course of the evening. Apparently we were seated on the main corridor of traffic from the kitchen, which was a bit distracting at times. Otherwise, all was great and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grille 29sweettoothDined on 7/25/2014As always--a great dining experience. Chocolate soufflé is worth it by itself--in fact with such generous portions, dinner and dessert is too much; either share a dessert or just go for late night drink and dessert. One of few restaurants in Huntsville where you can talk if you request a "talking alcove".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!KulerfullVIPDined on 7/22/2014Took out of town customers out for dinner...quiet resturant GREAT food!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBabiesneedsittersDined on 7/19/2014I have no complaints regarding the restaurant itself. The food was excellent, and the service was prompt and attentive. Everything was prepared exactly as described, and medium-rare meant medium rare. My only issue has nothing to do with the restaurant itself but two of the patrons. Listen, I get that parents deserve a night out as well, but Grille 29 is supposed to be a somewhat nice restaurant where people can enjoy a relaxing night out. Don't bring your infant to dinner there at 8pm and then ignore him when he's bawling his head off. It's just not appropriate to force the entire restaurant to listen to your baby cry for thirty minutes. Take him outside and get him calmed down at the very least, don't just let him cry.Special Features:
- Thank you Grille 29mshelmanDined on 7/19/2014We visited Grille 29 for my husband's birthday and as always, we totally enjoyed our evening out. Great restaurant, great food.Special Features:
- BIllVIPDined on 7/19/2014Had another great meal at Grill 29 last weekend. The food was outstanding (as usual) and the service was terrific. Thank you Grill 29 for always being a place we can rely on for good food, good service at reasonable pricing. billSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!!ClydeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Me and my wife frequent Grille 29 for dinner the past 4 years when attending plays and concerts. We've been to many of the better restaurants in and around Huntsville but we always refer back here. We treat it as a special date type of place but it could a great neighborhood spot for lunch and fine casual dinning. The service has always been the best and I base the comment on the consistent performance of maybe 40 visits. I took my business group here for a special event (32 people) and the experience was just great. My team and bosses were all complementary of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Very disappointed in the food. Steak was well done and the fish was overcooked. Will not be going back. We wished we would have eaten at the sports bar next door. Our food probably would have been better.
- Go for the gritsTfp53Dined on 7/18/2014My wife and I went to Grille 29 for the first time this weekend. Our server was Christian. The service was perfect. Ask for him. My wife had the crab cakes. They look like they were made in a muffin pan. Tops burned a little. Seasoning was good. We should have said something but didn't. If you are used to the lump crab cakes at Bonefish, you will be disappointed. Avoid them. I had the pork chop. It was good but nothing special. The creamed spinach was very tasty. The star of the night was the white corn cheese grits. My wife wouldn't stop reaching across the table to eat my grits. If they had shrimp and grits on the menu, we would be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itDeeeDined on 7/15/2014We choose to eat here for our anniversary. This is not a good choice for a special occasion. The restaurant has the feel of typical large corporate restaurant ( ruby Tuesdays, etc). It was overpriced for the quality of the food. We both ordered the from the chefs special ( sea bass and New York strip). The sea bass was pretty good, but the steak was overcooked, tough and a very poor cut of meat. My husband ordered it medium rare. The tuna appetizer was good. Our waitress was very scarce the entire evening. She never removed all of the menus from our table and kept saying she would be back to clean up our table. We will not be going back. We don't mind spending 100-200$ on dinner when it is worth it, but this was not worth it.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Dining!FiveStarLifestyleDined on 7/15/2014This is definitely one of my favorite places to dine; however, since I moved out of the neighborhood, I almost forgot how much I enjoyed it until my visit this week. Keep up the Great Job! #AsIRememberedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe and Pamela CroweJJandFigDined on 7/11/2014We celebrated our wedding dinner a year ago at Grille 29. We returned for our first Anniversary!! Wonderful memories that add to our special event.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed, but great desertsDinner4twoDined on 7/11/2014My in-laws were in town so we took them to Grille 29 for a nice evening out. The atmosphere was nice, the service was good, but I was underwhelmed by the food. All of us got steak and everyone's was over cooked and the flavor was no better than a typical chain restaurant. I got the Oscar topping and it was completely devoid of flavor. Thankfully we splurged for deserts and salvaged the meal. Next time I think we'll go somewhere else and maybe just swing by for a desert at the bar.Special Features:
- Never Disappointsdonnad1105Dined on 7/9/2014This is one of my favorite places to dine. The food is always cooked to perfection and the atmosphere is outstanding. I ordered the Grille 29 salad and added grilled salmon...all of the ingredients provided a healthy, fresh, tasty, and filling meal. We added the creme brulee trio for dessert for the table. It was nothing short of AWESOME! Thank you for giving us a pleasant atmosphere along with the delicious food. It is always a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always special!CelebratingDined on 7/7/2014A great place for special occasions. birthday, anniversaries and girls night out. The atmosphere, service and food is top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingmsj301Dined on 7/3/2014Went here for my girlfriend's birthday, and it was our first visit. We both couldn't have been happier. We had the calimari appetizer which was excellent, she had the surf & turf special and loved it all. I had the stuffed scallops, and I am a big scallops fan, and these did not disappoint. Even the vegetables that came on the side had a distinct smoky taste to them that set them apart from other ho-hum dishes you find at most restaurants. Only sorry I haven't come here sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!mikeanddetaDined on 7/3/2014Great EXPERIENCE!!! The whole Providence Main area is quite attractive. We loved the atmosphere of the area and ambiance of the Grille made you want to stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forty-fifth wedding anniversarys627Dined on 7/3/2014We dined at Grille 29 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food was so wonderful. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. Would certainly recommend your restaurant to our friends. Can't wait to eat there again.Special Features:
- Dinner at Grill 29BrazeitDined on 7/2/2014I'm new to the area so I checked out the on line reviews. Spot on! Nice place. I had the wedge salad (too big but good), the sea bass with cheesy grits and the chocolate soufflé. A very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE ATOMOSPHERE!CharliegourmetDined on 6/28/2014I was a bit surprised that the guest were so casual for a Saturday night, but other than that it was a great date nite. The food, service and comfortable seating, was very very nice. My husband who is hard to impress unless you put a steak under his nose, was blown away with the scallops and grits (his lips would never touch grits prior to Saturday night)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealRocketcitygrazerDined on 6/26/2014The food and service were excellent. The only slight issue was the location of our table. We were seated on a main aisle, in the middle of the room, so any nice ambiance was continually interrupted by servers walking by with trays, etc. Table position made us feel that a private conversation was not possible.Special Features:
- ExcellentJamesDined on 6/21/2014I chose this place for my wife and I's anniversary and it didn't disappoint. We were welcomed with an anniversary card from the staff which I had no clue was coming and that just should me how genuine Grille 29 is. I had the Fillet"29" with asparagus and corn grits and I'll have to say, was the best meal I've had in a really long time. My wife had the chicken cordon bleu with spinach dip and she has compimented how delicious it was ever since. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cnebDined on 6/21/2014Food was subpar and extremely overpriced. Had to send back my fondue appetizer because breadsticks (similar to olive garden) were stale and fondue was not good. I've been unhappy with this restaurant before but thought I'd give it another try. Won't be making that mistake again.Special Features: