Grill on King
233 King Street
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Grill on King
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grillonking.ca/
- Phone: (905) 468-7222
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, International
- Executive Chef: John Angelakopoulos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Grill on King
Experience lunch or dinner at Grill on King, where you will be sure to enjoy our many different flavours from our friendly staff to our renowned wine list. Be sure to join us for an experience your sure to remember!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerInternational
Grill on King - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Grill on King reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (19)great for outdoor dining (14)fit for foodies (13)romantic (9)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (7)good for groups (6)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- First Time to NOTLWestcoastersDined on 10/25/2014We had simply an outstanding experience. The service was superb, the food was exquisite and the ambiance was perfect. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great serviceAnneVDined on 10/11/2014Our waiter, Cooper, recommended the "lovely octopus" as an appetizer and he was right! His attitude and excellent service would bring me back here anytime.Special Features:
- amazing!LovetoeatDined on 10/5/2014My son Austin worked here, and told us we have to eat here. We finally did this past weekend and all I can say is WOW!!! Great atmosphere, excellent food, servers were so friendly and helpful. We are already planning our next visit there when our daughter comes home from University in the next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014My friend and I were especially impressed by our server's friendliness and concern. He recommended a very good wine to two people who are very hard to please. And his recommendation for food was equally impressive.Special Features:
- Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The food and the service notably our server, Cooper, were great. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- StanleyDined on 9/20/2014Great food. Like the restaurant setting. This was our second visit and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimboDined on 9/16/2014It was an extraordinary culinary experience. One of the finest restaurants in North America. Wish I did not live so far from it.Special Features:
- CampbellDined on 9/13/2014The food was great and the service was fantastic. I would definitely re-visit this restaurant and recommend it!Special Features:
- ExcellentShawDined on 9/12/2014The food and service were outstanding and Tammy our waitress was superb. Will definitely dine again the next time I am in Niagara on the Lake.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!TheChiefDined on 9/12/2014Our annual escape to Niagara On The Lake included a visit to this wonderful restaurant. We enjoyed our experience at The Grill on King. It was very easy to locate (we walked), had a very nice presentation both inside and out, very attentive and entertaining service, and excellent food. We were a bit disappointed that our host seated us directly on the perimeter; there were several tables available at the back that would have been much more cozy. We didn't request a change of table, so shame on us! We also were not served their bread until our dinner arrived, which seemed quite an after-thought. We would not hesitate to return to the Grill on King.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatoutthursdayseatoutthursdaysDined on 9/12/2014The panini was tasteless I have been before nd thought it was good. I very disappointed this time will not be back
- Pricey and not worth the expensedisappointeddinerDined on 9/11/2014food was very average but pricey. resttaurant was almost empty (2 other tables) yet we were seated at a table by the kitchen door nbeighbouring table so so loud and their server equally loud that it ruined our dining experience. our server decided to make small talk as we tried to eat our dinner. service ws slow and unprofessional. We would not bother to return.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014My boyfriend and I had dinner here for his birthday. The food was unreal. Our waiter was fantastic, I wish I knew his name so I could give him a shout out! He recommended a lovely bottle of wine! A wonderful experience and evening. I will be returning to Grill on the King!Special Features:
- food was the hi-light of the nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/20/2014Food was great...service was ok. Presentation was top rate. Price was reasonable. Effort was worth noting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouswineaddicatDined on 8/20/2014Our food surpassed our expectations. Even though we know the food is great, it's even better than we remember. Our waiter was extremely helpful, and knowledgeable of the food that was on the list. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Wild ButNorthernComfortDined on 8/20/2014The Norsemen is a comfortable, rustic, restaurant overlooking a lake in the Lake of Bays area. The menu offers wild fish and game, such as duck, venison and bison; however, steak and lamb are also on the menu for those who are more conservative in their eating habits. Service is very good, although our server didn't know what vegetables were in the vegetable medley. This is a great special occasion restaurant as it's a bit pricey and has a limited menu.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerpisces0259Dined on 8/19/2014booked through researching on Urbanspoons on line and Grilll did not dissapoint at all. Great and attentive waiter, lovely food apart from the onion soup which was a bit overly sweet on the broth and the bread could have been crustier. Enjoyed the lamb shank, spanokapita and mahi mahi as well as caramel crunch dessert. I found portions generous and pricing fair for this type of quality. I would not consider Grill to be a high end romantic get away place but just right for our intent- a special dinner for a special event in our lives. Will definitely recommend to friends and aquaitancesSpecial Features:
- anniversery dinnerkurtDined on 8/13/2014my wife and i celebrated our anniversery here and loved it great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014The food was good, the atmosphere would have been nice had it not been for our server. He was (possibly due to lack of training) unattentive and it was unclear whether he was trying to ridicule himself or us. Starting off, he nearly knocked my teeth out with the wine bottle whilst pouring wine for my companion. Next (and this is one of North America's most important wine regions!!), he was very proud of himself for spreading the ENTIRE bottle of red wine btw. our 4 glasses, nearly filling them up. It was not only the wine that found it difficult to breathe... Requests for water were forgotten, and the bill came late and delivered some story about a neighboring table having done something hilarious. Bottom line:good dining spoilt by server.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Poorly managed. Staff too busy. No bartender. Ignored for long time. Made for unrelaxing meal. Food salty.
- What a letdown!FinePalateVIPDined on 8/9/2014Do not expect fine dining, more like a diner. Gluten and dairy allergies mentioned ahead of time and nothing was planned by the restaurant to accommodate. Tired of being told that we can have a salad and that no gluten free bread is available. The toilets were not clean. Planning to never return especially when there are so many other great choices in the Niagara region.
- Sad SaladsNogreens4meDined on 8/7/2014Disappointed by the salad - wilted greens topped by a bottled dressing. Restaurant did not charge us for the salad, but I never enjoy having to make a fuss and send something back because the quality is poor - should never have been delivered to the table in the first place. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- ustayclassysandiegoDined on 7/31/2014Food Excellent Service Fantastic Staff knowledgable Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Grill on King reviews archive.
- livetoeatVIPDined on 7/14/2014Kitchen tends to overcook the meats. We ordered the lamb sirloin medium rare and calves liver rare. Both meats were served greyish. The lamb was chewy; the liver was mushy in texture. The waiter was cheerful and pleasant. The service was efficient, but they do need to upgrade the quality of food and cooking.
- enjoyable experienceScottyDined on 7/10/2014Waiter was friendly and knowledgable. The food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good casual diningPerintonNYDined on 7/5/2014Friends recommended this restaurant to us and we were glad they did. The food was beautifully flavorful with a Greek style flair. The portions for one could have served two or more. We all found the ambiance lively and informal, definitely family friendly. A good option if you are looking for an informal meal as an alternative to more formal dining.Special Features:
- rayjayDined on 6/27/2014Very good overall dining experience. Tow of us had the lamb shank which isn't part of the regular menu but often featured. It was very good. My wife had the chicken skewers which she enjoyed and the other member of our party had the seafood pasta which she very much enjoyed. The ambiance was good and the staff were awesome. Great dining at very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2014Nothing wrong with the friendly, informal service, but the food was a big let-down. For example the escargot appetizer was over cooked (rubber snails) and way, way, way over-sauced in a gloppy, heavy, un-appetizing concoction that completely overwhelmed the dish. My rib-eye steak was a poor cut and quality of beef and was over-cooked (I ordered medium rare; the steak came out grey-ish). The vegetables were undercooked and tasteless, the potatoes sold as "roasted" were overdone, mush. Really bad food even at moderate price levels. To top things off, the restaurant did not register my OpenTable reservation prompted one of those annoying "you did not show up " emails from OpenTable.
- Just okayannamarieregularsDined on 6/21/2014Meal was average. Location excellent. Much louder than expected. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceLuv2travelDined on 6/10/2014This restaurant is a wonderful find. The food was really good. The portions were huge, I could have shared a meal with my husband. I had the spinach salad with pear and it was excellent and then one of the specials which was mahi mahi. The waiter was very friendly and accommodating. It was a five minute walk from our B and B. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before theatre dinner.BusinessLunchDined on 6/6/2014The food is good. The service is quite good. This place is a good choice before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flowers, Flowers everywhereOUT2muchVIPDined on 6/4/2014Husband and I ate on the outside patio. Our food was wonderful and Shawn our waiter was a gem. Just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT !!ARMY77Dined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful evening at your beautiful restaurant. The waitress was "Right-on". Our food was perfect. This was our second visit and we will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined outsideDIaneDined on 5/30/2014We had reservations, which were not really necessary during the last week in May. But we were greeted and immediately seated at a table on the patio. Our waiter was terrific. He made recommendations for food, and ensured that my husband"s meal had no cheese (lactose intolerant). I had a very nice wine. We were going to the Shaw Festival, but I overheard the waiter providing information to other events in the area for the table next to ours. Overall a very lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, Delicious, FUN3happyhappydinersDined on 5/23/2014we celebrated my Daughter's 50th - we (younger daughter, myself, birthday girl) had such a great time. Joe was our server and he was an absolute delight. I can't say enough about the food - your Chef is superb. The Girls had cocktails and a bottle of wine. They said they were well mixed and Joe's suggestion for wine was very good. From the appetizers to dessert - a 10 star rating. I know I'm over the top, but the whole evening was wonderful. I have been many times for lunch and Friends have been for brunch a few times. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great MealDinoDined on 5/17/2014This service was very good. There is a parking lot behind the building which was very convenient. The French Onion Soup was very good. The base had a sweet balsamic flavor and the Tomato Basil soup was equally good. For an appetizer we had Saganaki (opa), a kefaloteri cheese pan fried and flambéed with Metaxa. it was slightly salty, but it was awesome. The rack of ribs was fall off the bone tender, but the BBQ sauce was a little tangy. The Ribeye and roasted potatoes was very good. It also came with grill fennel, which was a perfect flavor companion. My only compliant is they brought our soup and appetizer to the table at the same time. Overall we were impressed and will return.Special Features:
- Great restaurantAnnetteVIPDined on 5/16/2014Great restaurant right across from Prince of Wales but quieter and relaxing than most of the restaurants on the main street in Niagara on the Lake. Homemade soup and veal were amazing.Special Features:
- Special get togetherSam4gdfdDined on 4/25/2014As always, the restaurant was comfortable, the service eager and helpful, the food excellent, and for older ears, quiet enough for conversation. We were two couples and hadn't seen each other for months so conversation was important. My seafood pasta was flavourful, the seafood succulent. The others had lamb and steak dinners and pronounced them excellent. One of us is disabled and faced a long wet walk to the car. The staff rose to the occasion and arranged for my car to reach the back door of the restaurant. Wow food, wow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent!YostKittyLoverDined on 2/14/2014Very was excellent....I had orange roughy, my husband had shrimp with pasta. Maybe a bit pricey for us, but for a special occasion, well worth it. Salad is not included in the cost of an entree, and when you pay $26 for an entree, I personally feel they could throw in a salad that doesn't cost them anything to make. That is my ONLY complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.