Griffins - Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
900 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 2W6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Griffins - Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/hotelvancouver/GuestServices/Restaurants/Griffins.htm
- Phone: 6046621900
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:30am; Saturday and Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am;
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm Adults: $44.00 Child: $22.00 ;
Afternoon Tea: 900 West Lounge Tea Room
Monday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:30pm Adults: $39.00 Child: $19.50
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Cameron Ballendine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Before going to dinner in Griffins check out 900 West Lounge serving up Vancouver's best martinis and featuring local and international jazz nightly.
A word from Griffins - Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
This vibrant Pacific Northwest brasserie, recognized by critics and diners alike as one of the "Best Hotel Restaurants", continues to excite! GRIFFINS' gorgeous sun-washed interior, with high-arching windows, features a unique open kitchen concept. Lavish buffet-style offerings for breakfast, lunch and dinner feature the best of local ingredients. Long time favorites including slow-roasted Alberta prime rib, Queen Charlotte halibut and the famous Pacific seafood chowder keep legions of devoted patrons returning time and time again. Sunday brunch is another Vancouver tradition with a spectacular selection of local seafood, freshly-baked pastries, our famous cinnamon buns, Alberta beef and lamb, breakfast selections and exquisite desserts created by our pastry chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Griffins - Fairmont Hotel Vancouver reviews from OpenTable diners
- I will miss griffin todaySammmsDined on 11/4/2013I will miss griffin today we had last lunch there big mistake hotel will close it .food was outstanding like usual .thanks griffins good luck for all teamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We opted for a la carte insteadOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/4/2013We opted for a la carte instead of the usual buffet lunch because the buffest has been disappointing lately. The a la carte was even worse. The chop salad was tasteless, bland and uninspiring. We didn't eat more than 30% of the food. Very disappointing. I would not go back; then again, they are closing.
- Sad to see it goslacker1812VIPDined on 11/3/2013I was there for their last dinner service Nov 3. They will be joining with the lounge next door 900. Hopefully many of their classic dishes will move over with them
- Good bye to an elegant restaurantAliceDined on 10/28/2013My friend and I went to Griffins for a final roast beef dinner. SInce the restaurant will be closing soon we wanted to experience one of the best roast beef meals we know. It was, as usual, terrific. The service is attentive, but not cloying, the atmosphere elegant and the food memorable.Special Features:
- expensive and not worth itdisgustedVIPDined on 10/24/2013$41 for a dry prime rib. The only thing worst was the bone dry halibut. The only thing more absent than the quality of the food was the server.
- I'll be back: if you're still thereDrooling4DessertDined on 10/23/2013The informative female wait staff served our delicious prime rib [which was done to our three exacting different standards], let us know the dessert buffet would shortly return as an option, and elegantly provided the excellent level of service that keeps us coming back to Griffin's whenever we want to celebrate. We're definitely coming again specifically so we can cap off our meals with the dessert buffet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfortable placechowmeinDined on 10/21/2013I enjoy eating here anytime I come except at Christmas last year - buffet was not that good. Anyway when I went for lunch on Monday it was very good the buffet - little pricey and I was surprised to see Crab legs which were delicious - only thing was we couldn't find any crackers to get in to the crab to eat it properly - had to ask the server and he bought a few out - but the man I was with didn't get any at first - he had to ask too - you would think there would be some out by the crab in order to eat it properly - you cannot eat it with your teeth!!! The variety of food was quite good, but the dessert bar was a little sparse - still what they had there was delicious and the chicken pot pie was one of the best I have ever had!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GoodMeaterDined on 10/20/2013This was one of my favorite restaurants so had to come one last time. Food was fair. No Dessert or Salad bar. Limited menu. Daughter ordered fish and chips, fish was rare and sent it back. Son's meat balls were hard and dry. Probably because restaurant is closing down.
- Bit pricey,but still enjoyable.CaseyDined on 10/20/2013Bit pricey,but still enjoyable. Crab legs would have been easier to enjoy if they had left small seafood forks by the crab location. CaseySpecial Features:
- DessertLimandDickensDined on 10/19/2013My husband's parents have always enjoyed Griffins particularly their Dessert bar for many years. Unfortunately the night we reserved for our friends and birthday celebration, they no longer provided the Dessert buffet so we were disappointed with that. It was always a special treat. I assume that they have changed the menu due to the fact that the restaurant is closing soon. As a family we will miss Griffins, as it holds some special memoriesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb WaitressSatisfiedDined on 10/18/2013We had a most enjoyable 3 hour dining birthday dining experience, mainly because of our server. She was more than capable, knew when to approach the table, gave good advice on what to order. She was excellent,....people skills, communicating skills, creative thinking in that we asked for 5 separate bills and she deftly gave us our individual bills with out us having to make any adjustments or wonder what each bill was all about. Wishing her all the best in whatever career and life...a wonderful specimen of humanity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLizSDined on 10/18/2013Recently I had mentioned Griffins to some new co-workers and had mentioned the dessert buffet. Everyone was very excited about going for girls night out for dinner and dessert. I made reservations well in advance through Open Table. I had to change the reservations and called the restaurant to do so. When we arrived to Griffins I notice that the dessert area was completely bare. I mentioned this to the hostess and she mentioned that they no longer offered the dessert buffet. I told her that the dessert buffet was main reason for going to Griffins. If I had been informed of this when I had called to change the reservation I would have cancelled all together. Food quality was not up to their usual standard. Disappointed over all.
- Limited menu but good foodLR01Dined on 10/15/2013In my view, the menu is far too small at lunch now. I believe the idea is to encourage everyone to have the lunch buffet, but a few more items on the menu would be appreciated. I think the food is very good and I have always had good service at the Hotel Vancouver.Special Features:
- Griffins is an historic place.popular1Dined on 10/14/2013Griffins is an historic place. Been here many times,sad to see it go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and excellentlov2dineDined on 10/13/2013Wonderful meal and excellent service. Was hoping to see turkey on the menu as it was thanksgiving. Thanksgiving Buffet was earlier, but we didn't want a buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday Brunch at Griffinsjust4etcDined on 10/13/2013This is one of my favorite Sunday brunch spots in Vancouver. Excellent freshly prepared breakfast and lunch items, especially all seafood entries. Food was well seasoned and nicely presented for a buffet. Wait staffs were great. Love the freshly squeezed orange juice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvellous!shuskastarDined on 10/13/2013My daughter and I enjoyed our visit very much, turning this into our main thanksgiving meal. We especially enjoyed the crab legs, turkey and cheese board. Everything was delicious, service was helpful, we took our time and relaxed, enjoying each course. Loved the atmosphere, the Fairmont has so much history, and is such a beautiful landmark, we felt very lucky to be there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nostalgia unrewardedoutnaboutDined on 10/11/2013On reading that Griffins would be closed to make way for more retail space in the Hotel Vancouver, a friend and I decided to make one last visit to that beautiful room for a last supper. High ceilings, black and white tiles, lovely windows: worth reconnecting with. But then, we looked at the menu. Say what?? A romaine salad for $16. Tuna tartare appetizer for $19, which my friend ordered as a main. (The waiter's disdain for our orders was apparent.) The dish was huge, as in the crockery itself. The serving of food was minuscule. My seafood chowder was similarly presented in an overly large but shallow bowl, which led to soup too soon cooled. The chowder itself was fine, as was the tuna. Prices, stupid. Service, defeated. Sad experience.
- Seating was a bit disappointing.RachelDined on 10/8/2013As i also have worked in F&B, i noticed more details when I go dining w/ friends and family. Overall it was very good, just one thing about seating that the hostess seated us right by pose screen/ dish area and right next to us, there was an empty table. I specifically requested the table by the window when making a reso, and if there is a table closer to the window as requested, why not wipe that empty table quick and set up the plates which takes only a couple mins. We waited a bit before the hostess seated us, so I questioned 'why didnt she spend 2 more mins and prepare a better table for the guest?'
- SO SAD TO SEE THIS GO!!!BrynnygirlDined on 10/8/2013My friends and I have eaten at Griffin's many many times over the years. It was the one place we could go for a "quality" buffet that pleased everyone's palette. We are all sad to see this restaurant shut down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have changed their menu,babycakesVIPDined on 10/4/2013They have changed their menu, we were a bit disappointed, not much selection, no dessert or seafood buffet in the evenings anymore and the chicken roulade I ordered was dry.
- The food and service was great.BellaDined on 10/3/2013The food and service was great. The ambience of the restaurant was good for people who wants to have good conversation while eating. Me and my husband really enjoyed my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the restaurant increased my tipccupdatesDined on 9/30/2013I gave a respectable 15% tip but the restaurant changed it to 20% after I left. Shame The restaurant is big, family feel, dated style and food was either saucy or dry. Had the lunch buffet.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday Brunch BuffetKen0308Dined on 9/29/2013The elegant room has a relaxed "take-your-time-enjoy feel." We loved the plentiful fresh seafood, especially the cracked crab. The breakfast items were cooked to perfection and the roast beef was tender, melt in your mouth delight. We recommend this Vancouver Sunday brunch and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly DisappointingAnonVIPDined on 9/27/2013I've been here previously for lunch with a smaller group of people and was impressed. My coworker has never been to Griffins, so I decided to book a lunch there for her birthday. We ended up having a group of 9 people. 2 people opted for the lunch buffet, which was great. The rest of us opted for their three-course power lunch which includes soup of the day, a sandwich, and dessert. Somewhat disappointed, as we envisioned the power lunch differently. The soup was tasty, but the Curry Chicken sandwich felt like a paste between bread and tasted gritty. The dessert was also overly sweet. Trying to take care of the bill was a nightmare, as their system apparently does not allow for individual bills. Would return for buffet, maybe not lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both of us had the chickenfoodieDined on 9/25/2013Both of us had the chicken ceasar and were not impresse. It should be ready to eat. We had to cut it up to eat the lettuce. Didn't like the whole anchovies. Not impressed with this mealI would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2013We were saddened to hear that the current restaurant would be moving to another area of the hotel. It was also too bad that the dessert buffet was no longer available. It was a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Not the samePenguin10Dined on 9/12/2013My husband and I enjoy visiting Griffin's for our Anniversary as they have the best prime rib we have ever eaten. However, on our most recent visit there was a different menu, pricing and atmosphere. The prime rib is still available but at at whopping $34. We use the Entertainment Book coupon which isn't near the value of this meal make it a 2 for 1. There is no dessert buffet anymore. Children eat free. Not sure on the age, but my 2 year old toddler was within the range (value : ~$10). The food was beautifully presented, but you pay for it. The prime rib was still delicious. The server was very kind, patient, polite and knowledgeable. I will keep my eye on this restaurant but the appeal has dulled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Griffins - Not recommendedgoldeneye050Dined on 9/7/2013We have gone to Griffins for over 15 years. The last time we went was 2 years ago when they had a salad bar and dessert bar. When we went on September 7, 2013, the host told us that the restaurant no long have the salad and dessert bar. We glanced at the limited menu and was disappointed with the very limited and ordinary menu items. We told then informed the host that we were no longer interested in dining here again and left for another restaurant.
- Wonderful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2013We have a tradition of going for brunch on the Labour day long weekend. This was one of the best brunches we have had, if not the best. Food was excellent and fresh. Lots of variety, and very nice quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August special dinner menu was goodpeacevVIPDined on 8/30/2013Went there for my wife's birthday dinner, had the 3 courses dinner for $30 during the August special menu. Food was good, will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday buffetbdayDined on 8/27/2013Very special how they greeted my young birthday companion and then presented her with a beautiful artistic chocolate dessert - the type you would see at Thomas Haas. It was such a special thought and very much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That's a great dining experienceNickDined on 8/26/2013Being in Vancouver for a couple of a days and we were looking for somewhere to taste a bit of northwest cuisine. Griffins satisfied all our needs in a very nice casually atmospheric environment! I definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Memorable Eveningwts36abDined on 8/23/2013I was recipient of a gift card presented to me by a group that I had served as a volunteer on their board for ten years. I was accompanied by my son and daughter and their spouses and we all had a very enjoyable evening. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but doesn't stand outOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2013The food is fine, but with so many other restaurants in town doing creative menus, it doesn't really stand out. The atmosphere is a bit on the gloomy side, not very enticing especially on a sunny's summer day.
- An intimate lunchShannonDined on 8/22/2013We went to Griffins because we wanted to be able to chat (but not have it noisy), have some space and not feel pressured to take our time. Griffins as per usual did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Serviceslove2eatDined on 8/19/2013Excellent services and tasty prime rib. My server accommodated all my requests and a free dessert for the birthday boy too. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends. Thanks Griffins for a fabulous night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's great August Special,chanr3Dined on 8/17/2013It's great August Special, excellent 3 course menu from appetizer to desserts, don't missSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really? This is brunch?MissVancouverPiggyVIPDined on 8/11/2013The bacon is panfried which is better than deep fried. The prime rib melts in your mouth, seriously. The egg benedicts are perfectly cooked and the english muffin is crisp. These 3 things are easily messed up at brunch, but they were perfect here. Which I did not expect! What a nice surprise. If anything, some smoked salmon and capers would be nice and a larger fruit selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu changed, no more dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2013Menu changed, no more dessert buffet included! Disappointed! Overpriced!Special Features: