77 Delancey St
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.greyladynyc.com/
- Phone: (646) 580-5239
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm,
Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gavin Mclaughlin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Contact Chef McLaughlin or our event planner Grace Polioni for further Info regarding our catering business at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: For dinner we can accomodate private parties from 12 to a maximum of 40 people in our back room, private event place. For coctails our maximum is 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Grace 9172885660
A word from Grey Lady
Rustic New England seafood restaurant and lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grey Lady reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (5)romantic (5)hot spot (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- NOISY!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014I like "energetic" as much as the next person, but this was uncomfortably loud. We couldn't hear ourselves think, let alone talk with a table mate. It was brutal. We all had the lobster roll, and while it was ok, it was not worth the price- there are other places right in the neighborhood with better lobster roll offerings, especially for the price. Overall, disappointing.Special Features:
- I love this placeBestfriendeverDined on 9/19/2014I've been here twice. First, on a date. Second, with my parents who we're visiting from Texas. My parents absolutely loved the place. The food is great! And so are the cocktails! Also, everyone that works there was really friendly. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good.GothamGirlDined on 8/30/2014Different presentation on website, looked more like a restaurant online. I felt like I was more at a bar. Limited service staff. Food was good, especially the tuna burger.Special Features:
- Amazing food, great ambianceCatherineVIPDined on 8/6/2014I've been to this restaurant a few times, and it never disappoints. The food is out of this world -- two days before our reservation, my husband was already talking about our last meal and what he was going to order! (Don't miss the bacon-wrapped scallops and blue fin tuna dip...). The cocktails are amazing, too -- definitely try the Painkiller!Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Grey Lady reviews archive.
- 20-30's spotJcf1VIPDined on 7/11/2014Great bar scene with dining room and tables in bar. Quickly turns from mellow restaurant to very hot "club like" atmosphere around 10:30-11:00 on with table service etc. Very good looking 20's - 30"s meeting spot. Friendly and service oriented owner and servers. Seafood leaning restaurant with excellent offerings of steamers, mussels, lobster, scallops and more. Definitely worth trying but go early if you want more quiet and laid back/later if you want energy.Special Features:
- Wished it was betterNYNYNYVIPDined on 6/30/2014The oyster selection is pretty good and they were tasty. Unfortunately that was about it. They were out of several menu items even though the place was empty. Food was fair. Service was shoddy, although the staff was nice. Simply, the place is not good enough to be charging what they charge for dishes.
- NEIGHBORHOOD PLACELmfoodDined on 6/29/2014Went there after going to visit Tentament Musuem which was very nice place to see. Food was alot, eggs were good, Maple sausage and potatoes were good but spicy. To me it was more like a place to stop by. Did not look anything like the picture on its web site. Couches worn out. Even though we make reservations, only available table was right in the front. staff were right there and helpful. Once was enough, rather go to Little Italy area, not LES.. If you go to museum stop by and enjoy the meal.........Special Features:
- We had hoped for morerobsiiiVIPDined on 6/23/2014The restaurant was nearly empty, but the service was still really slow. The Times review made us hope for more.Special Features:
- Fine for drinks but not for dinnerNYCeaterVIPDined on 5/1/2014Went for Oysters and dinner on a Thursday night. Food and service was great (oysters were fresh, bacon wrapped scallops and lobster roll and fresh fish of the day were very good). The problem is that the main space is dedicated to bar service with big happy hour crowd and music volume that was ridiculously too loud (and I love loud music). We were put in back room which reeked of stale beer and was not renovated. It felt like a storage room. Owner needs to either renovate the dining space or keep the place solely for bar snacks and happy hour. We will not be back until that quiter dining space is renovated and given all the great fish and oyster spots in the area, it will probably not happen. Too bad because the food was pretty good.Special Features:
- Excellent lobster roll!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/18/2014The tuna and the beef burgers were great as well!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place was empty, the serviceTknycVIPDined on 3/28/2014The place was empty, the service was terrible and our waitress let plates pile up on the table. I asked for an Omission beer (I saw that they carried the blue label bottle) and she put the green label (one that I have never had) down on the table without asking me if it was okay that they only had that one. The beer was terrible and it was $7 down the drain. Next I order and everything I want the waitress informs us says they are out of; it would have been nice to have known what they were out of before I spent 20- minutes sifting through the menu with my girlfriend. Food was bland, vegetables cold and bland and menu is overpriced. I could have had an awesome meal at Nobu for less…Don't waste your time going here.
- Food was just OK, but good sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/22/2014A friend and I tried this place over the weekend. As far as food, it was OK. The baked cheese and the scallops were very tasty, but the lobster roll really tasted like it had just come out of the freezer, and the meat was very stiff. However, the ambience was energetic, and this is definitely a happening place on the Lower East Side to eat before going out in the area... or just to go out for drinks with friends. The crowd was very hip also. Not too young, but very stylish/artsy/par for the neighborhood on a Saturday night. It was super crowded, so people at the bar were constantly bumping into us. Our waitress was attentive though, and kept our wine glasses full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely goemilyDined on 3/15/2014dinner area is really secluded, can seem weird when not busy. food is amazing.Special Features:
- underappreciated lse spotShortlistVIPDined on 3/11/2014Tasty cocktails and friendly, unpretentious service. Seafood is interestingly prepared and worthwhile. Smoked bluefish spread was great. Wished I saved room for the lobster roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 2/8/2014Nice place, waiters were friendly, a little loud in there, we waited quite a while for our food to come out but we didn't mind too much. After dinner they take the tables away to make room for dancing and it gets pretty crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grey Lady, Blonde BombshellBPC70VIPDined on 2/8/2014This restaurant is cursed with the wonderful menu and chef with delightful food planted in the intersection of the club/noisy bar environment. The menu is short and sweet, and you will find a hard time deciding on one of the specially prepared seafood or meat dishes. If you choose to dine around the 7-8pm hour, you'll find that people from the bar will be bumping into you by the time you're thinking about desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for Tenement Museum VisitNLM48Dined on 1/22/2014Chose this spot since five of us were going to The Tenement Museum on a frigid week day. We all had the lobster roll, which was fresh and tasty. Very good arugula salad with a lemon dressing. We were the only patrons in the restaurant for almost two hours, so not much atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere, great cocktails,sheilaDined on 11/1/2013Fun atmosphere, great cocktails, blue fish pâté was delicious as was the fish special with root vegetable , the lobster pot pod was disappointing. We would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked itAnnieVIPDined on 9/26/2013The food was simple, but delicious. Very helpful staff. Got very loud, but fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wknd dinnernohofoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2013Great bottle of rose, oysters, fish and chips, pate, blueberry cobbler... great night to sit outside when weather is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a seafood restaurantBillDined on 8/1/2013It's a seafood restaurant and bar and everyone in our group loved their meal. The wait staff was extremely attentive.Special Features:
- Fantastic Fish DishesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/10/2013The fish dip was great and the fish from the fish and chips is some of the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- I thought it was really loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013I thought it was really loud for a restaurant. The food was blah and the service was terrible... we felt rushed the entire meal... the waitress brought us the check before we were finished eating. The famous lobster roll was not even memorable...
- Next time i will definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/9/2013Next time i will definitely request a table by the window- people standing at the bar kept knocking into our table and someone even spilled a drink on us. The kitchen made a mistake with my friends order but fixed it quickly.Special Features:
- Food great, service quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013Food great, service quite bad. Our waiter didn't know the menu and did not offer us dessert- just tried to push us out. It also smelled like serious chlorine-based cleaner when we arrived. Won't be returning.Special Features: