Grey Horse Tavern
291 Bayport Ave
Bayport, NY 11705Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Grey Horse Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.greyhorsetavern.com/
- Phone: (631) 472-1868
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly.
- Private Party Contact: Irene Dougal 6314721868
A word from Grey Horse Tavern
Everything we prepare is made from scratch, using the best local, seasonal & sustainable ingredients. Grey Horse Tavern is proud to support small farms, local producers, artists and musicians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Grey Horse Tavern - Best Restaurants in Bayport ›
Grey Horse Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (19)special occasion (18)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- 4th time not so lucky4thtimenotsoluckyDined on 12/11/2013waitress spent alot of time talking to regulars . had to ask bus staff twice to get waitress back to table . burger not medium rare requested cheese request ignored . Owner / manager needs to remind staff of basic fundamentals of the business. Bus staff very attentive and helpful should have left them my tip. And on a cold winter night turn up the heat before you put a party of five on the porch nobody likes to be cold for the first ten minutes of a night out.
- Beautful winter night!:)OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2013My girlfriend and I tried this place after it came highly recommended by our "foodie friend". We absolutely loved it. The food was wonderful and the place itself was cozy...perfect for a winter night. The staff was also very friendly and our waiter Jared had us laughing all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitwoosterbirdDined on 12/7/2013We had a great evening. We were seated in the "porch area" which was very quiet a much needed atmosphere for the two of us. The food was delish,, the "satur salad" was so fresh and interesting with shaved potatoes stands on top. The gnocchi special was very different & rich; salmon was terrific too. We shared a dessert. We'll be back for sure since we live right in Patchogue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance and Food! OneNoClass2112Dined on 12/6/2013Great Ambiance and Food! One of those tucked away great finds!Special Features:
- Ambiance, food and musicKellbellDined on 12/6/2013This restaurant is amazing! Good is top notch, ambiance is beautiful and the have talented local musicians playing all the time! Don't forget to check out their brunch menu! To die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied dinersSatisfieddinerDined on 12/6/2013We have been to Grey Horse several times but this was our first visit with my in-laws who appreciate fine dining and fun atmospheres. Grey Horse did not disappoint. We started with drinks in the bar area where the bartender was attentive and good at his trade. We moved to the dining room where we were given a nice corner table. The restaurant was nicely decorated for the holidays but not overdone. As always, the food was exceptional and Zoe, our server was excellent. When I asked for modifications to my order she was more than accommodating without trying to deter me as other places often do. Everyone's food came as ordered and the presentation was beautiful. The food was fresh and good tasting. My in laws loved it and plan to return.Special Features:
- Favorite birthday restaurantFamOfFourDined on 12/6/2013I look forward to birthday's and aniversary's because it's our go-to place for a down home gourmet meal. From starters to desserts, all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2013My wife and I brought relatives from Australia to the GHT. Our server Zoe did a great job and the food was out of this world. We had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Find!DGBabylonVIPDined on 11/23/2013Always looking for high quality unpretentious places to try and Grey Horse Tavern was a definite winner. Drive from Babylon Village well worth the time for a very enjoyable Saturday evening dinner with friends. An accomplished and innovative chef, coupled with fresh and local seasonal ingredients, and topped with friendly and prompt service. Will be back!Special Features:
- Great!DakotasunVIPDined on 11/15/2013This is the third time dining at this restaurant,and it just gets better each time!the food was terrific and it's so cozy. Service was wonderful Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Just love Grey HorseFoodieMomDined on 11/10/2013Local, seasonal food made from scratch, extensive craft beer menu and delicious cocktails, a vibrant live music scene and cool people of all ages all in a cozy barn house chic atmosphere-love it! And the Tuesday night open mic always features a wide variety of great talent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GHT IS A-OK!NormDined on 11/10/2013The GHT is the best! Great Food, Music and People!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2013Three girlfriends and I arrived two hours before our reservation to enjoy the bar scene, have cocktails and catch up. The bartender was very unattentive and left our glasses empty most of the time we sat there. Shame on him for losing the tavern all that money we would've spent if he kept 'em coming! Not to mention his tip! But the ambience was great and the live music phenomenal. Upon sitting our hostess and waitress were top notch. Seemingly only the barkeep is lacking in this unique spot! I'll still return but maybe we'll hit another bar first! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new menu was so unappealingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013The new menu was so unappealing that my party of 4 has a hard time finding something to order. The food actually failed to meet our very low expectations. None of us were happy with our dinner. Appetizers and drinks however were good in comparisonSpecial Features:
- Second time as good as the firstvlasDined on 10/18/2013I don't live near Grey Horse Tavern. My husband and I found it accidentally on a drive back from the east end of long island a few months ago. We loved the food, the ambiance and the service. We enjoyed it so much, that we drove 45 minutes the other night to eat there again. We enjoyed it just as much the second time as we did the first. Great food in a comfortable, casual setting. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good fun, Good foodDakotasunVIPDined on 10/18/2013Second time eating here, just as good as the first! Nice to have a little live music after dinner also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful mealCathyDined on 10/12/2013Brought friends this time. Consistently wonderful food. Excellent choices with a seasonal flare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique healthy menuDependable66VIPDined on 10/11/2013Dishes are prepared with a unique healthy twist. It's nice to be able to indulge without eating badly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GHtDebby5089Dined on 9/28/2013Good food loved the calamari. Had the pasta crab corn dinner, it was delicious. Staff was very accommodating and friendly..would definitely go back...Special Features:
- Food at GHT is always good.PupsterDined on 9/15/2013Food at GHT is always good. Very reliable. Menu always changes. Music that night was loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner With FriendsGmanDined on 9/13/2013We made a last-minute reservation for dinner with a few friends (5 total). The Grey Horse was a great choice. Our server was courteous and attentive. Our drinks, appetizers, and dinner were all served in a timely manner. 2 of our friends ordered the pasta special and raved about it. My wife and I shared the fried calamari (always a favorite of ours) and the fish and chips. Both were excellent choices. Another friend (a vegetarian) ordered a veggie burger and loved it! All in all, it was a great night out in a very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent timePandaDined on 8/8/2013Great spot, had a quiet corner for a romantic dinner, then moved over to the tavern and had some excellent acoustic musical stylings. Great drinks fresh food with quality ingredients, always something newSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as alwaysLojoLuvsRosaVIPDined on 8/6/2013Grey Horse is our favorite neighborhood restaurant. We return again and again and are never disappointed. The wait staff is always wonderful and totally unobtrusive. This is a terrific place and deserves to be visited by everyone who lives nearby or who passes through to get to the east end of Long Island.Special Features:
- It was great!! :)mattDined on 8/4/2013I got the grilled cheese sandwich. But this wasn't just any grilled cheese. It was grilled cheese taken to another level. My dad had a chicken sandwich with a spicy coleslaw. I tried it. It was really good. My mom had 4 cheese ravioli with the most amazing crab meat and asparagus. I personally hate asparagus. But when I had it there I actually loved it! The service was great! They didn't serve us to early or to late. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like tavern style dining,risaDined on 8/2/2013If you like tavern style dining, this is the place. Their menu has many healthy choices and is also vegan friendly. I had the sweet potato/garbanzo bean burger which was yummy. Our server Jake was the best!Special Features:
- Accommodating, attentive staffJeffDined on 7/30/2013I've been to Grey Horse for brunch and dinner, and thoroughly enjoyed it each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2013Even though Grey Horse is close to home, we didn't eat there for a long time. When we finally did we realized we were missing out - the food is great and doesn't disappoint and the bar is inviting to stop in for a drink and hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit to GHTKJ82MacDined on 7/20/2013Excellent food & service. We will definitely be going back. Highly recommend the fried pickles.Special Features:
- Really great bean/corn soup,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013Really great bean/corn soup, not so great sweet pot,/chickpea burger, off tasting coleslaw, interesting fried pickles and unique menu - makes me want to come back & try some of their other dishes. OK beer selectionI would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem tucked awayTrattoriaDined on 7/5/2013We took our friends to GHT and the loved it. The fresh produce makes the salads outstanding. We also enjoyed a drink outdoors in their front courtyard. Nice service and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great timeyumtyDined on 6/28/2013Been there many times food is always awesome and its always a great time.Special Features:
- Lunch for locavoresPatsyVIPDined on 6/28/2013We three had vegetarian meals, and didn't miss meat at all, though it is offered here. We were sweetly served and the food excellent and plentiful. Please note: For attending this restaurant I am to get two hundred points , just on that day(yesterday)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLojoLuvsRosaVIPDined on 6/19/2013A GREAT place to meet friends and spend a fun, leisurely evening talking, laughing and, of course, eating delicious food. Love, love, love the Grey Horse and I'm so lucky to live so close that I can feel comfortable enough to enjoy one of their fabulous signature cocktails. We'll return again and again - best "ladies night out" place EVER!Special Features:
- Father's Day FeastAnnieDined on 6/16/2013The whole family enjoyed the organic, farm-to-table menu, the Izzie sodas and the eclectic beer collection at Grey Horse Tavern. My husband loved his meal (the chicken) and even helped himself to a second beer and beignets for dessert.Special Features:
- Waiter was terribleRfjbDined on 6/15/2013By far the worst service I've ever experienced. Don't waste your money on this restaurant.
- Amazing food, drink, & music too!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2013The Grey Horse Tavern is a favorite ! My husband and I live 45 minutes and make the trip for the food, bar scene, and incredible musicians that the owners spotlight, from local acts to nationally recognized names. The owners are friendly, down to earth, and invested in making sure every patron is happy and cared for! I can't recommend this establishment more! I just wish it was in my own neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a fun casual place withrosieVIPDined on 6/1/2013It's a fun casual place with many choices. Just apps or burgers and Dinners. Had the Spring Pasta was great. On the fish& chips my husband loved the fish but the chips were soggy . The dessert Beignets were heavy dough balls, the dipping sauces were good. Would go back again.Special Features:
- My favorite placeChrisDined on 5/31/2013The Grey Horse is one of the best places on long island. Great food, interesting menu and wonderful staff! The tavern has a great ambiance, they have some great bands play later in the evening so they don't tend to overwhelm you while you're eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soKarenDined on 5/24/2013I was not really impressed. Like the look and feel of the place. Thought the food was so-so. The duck wontons were delicious, but 3 for $14???? Ridiculous. The burger was okay, but not much meat there. I thought it was a bit skimpy. I asked for bacon marmalade on the side. It was okay. Was charged $2 for a tiny amount. Rip off!
- It had been a while sinceVacationerVIPDined on 5/18/2013It had been a while since we had been here, and we were looking to stay local for a nice dinner with drinks. We were seated right away, the service was excellent and the food was absolutely delicious.Special Features: