2818 Chapel Hill Rd
Durham, NC 27707Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gregoriaskitchen.com/
- Phone: 9197972747
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Dania Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gregoria's Cuban cuisine is available for catered events ranging from intimate dinner parties to large-scale cocktail receptions and buffets. Our talented chefs will cook onsite and our service team will handle your event from start to finish. We also provide bar service offering a variety of Spanish wine and specialty sangrias.
To discuss your event or inquire about availability
please contact email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: We have four rooms available on site. Our Havanna Room accommodates up to 16 guests. Our Marta"s room accommodate up to 25 guests. Our upstairs rooms accommodate 20 guests per room, which can be set up for a group of 40 guests combined.
- Private Party Contact: Burt Ramos 9197972747
A word from Gregoria's Kitchen
We are temporarily closed due to fire damage. We apologize for the inconvenience. As soon as renovations are complete, online reservations will be available again. Hope to see you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gregoria's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Slow service, but we had aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013Slow service, but we had a large party and were upstairs, which may have been a hindrance. Food was awesome though--especially entree and dessert. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Never Again! What a shame.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013From the get-go is was terrible service. Valet parking only but they didn't empty the narrow spot to turn requiring circling back to gain access. There is no hostess station, when you walk in you are in the dining room looking about. Our waitress knew nothing about the job. We had to ask for water. We had to ask for bread. We had to ask to have our candle lit. She never asked during our meal how things were. Never offered us the chance to buy wine which we indicated we would want. That cost the place $36 bucks extra sales. She rushed our meal, bringing apps, and then the entrees directly. Inhospitality. And noise was horrible. Impossible to hear voices. Loud mouthed young women at a crowded table needed to be hushed. Ruined our experience.
- Excellent service on a busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013We have curtailed our restaurant visits due to budgetary constraints, but this dinner was well worth the cost. Excellent service on a very busy night. Food was excellent, pre-dinner scotch and water mixed perfectly, excellent food, a very enjoyable experience. Will definitely be back and have recommended to many.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the menu during RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2013Enjoyed the menu during Restaurant Week in my first visit. We sat upstairs in a small room with 4 other tables. I found it disturbingly quiet as I could hear the conversations at all 4 tables. On the other hand, the downstairs area had live music, was loud and was had very uptempo, vibrant scene that might have been too loud if I wanted to have a conversation. Definitely will go back to Gregoria's Kitchen.Special Features:
- If you like small, intimateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013If you like small, intimate settings with several other people then sitting upstairs is where you should request being seated as it's converted bedrooms with four tables in each room. OItherwise, request downstairs which has music, bar. and more of a festive feeling.Special Features:
- We went here during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013We went here during restaurant week, and I thought this was a quaint little spot. The restaurant is in a house-like structure, and we ate upstairs in one of the rooms. I liked the feeling of eating at someone's home. The food was pretty good. It wasn't the best Cuban food I've ever eaten, but I thought it would be a nice spot to have a low-key dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Delightful as always-- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Delightful as always-- excellent food and outstanding service. The owner always makes us feel VERY welcome.Special Features:
- Very delicious Cuban menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013Very delicious Cuban menu w/ authentic recipes. The head chef came out and spoke to us about our dining experience, overall we were very satisfied. Excellent mojitos as well!Special Features:
- Went for Triangle RestaurantdevianthypeVIPDined on 1/23/2013Went for Triangle Restaurant Week. The food tasted incredible, but my starter and parts of both mains were cold. I don't know if this is typical or if the food was just pre-prepared and sitting out because it was Restaurant Week, but I would have much preferred hot food. Also, the room I was sitting in (up the stairs, turn left) was far too dark! Other than that, amazing food and good service.Special Features:
- Food was very good but not,OlliecatDined on 1/23/2013Food was very good but not, in my opinion, as good as Cuban food in Miami. The stuffed plantains were delicious but my shredded beef with black beans and rice were good but a little chewy and could have been warmer. My companion enjoyed the chicken entree. Mojitos were excellent. The tres leches dessert was not as good as I have had. In the past.The old house is charming but lighting was very dark. We were seated in the upstairs dining room. The wooden stairs need better lighting or reflective strips as a fall on them could be serious!
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013Loved our experience here at Gregoria's Kitchen. Wonderful team that truly understands service. Everyone was very friendly with handshakes. It had the feel of home (being in a converted house) and with all the warm attitudes. Had the Flank Steak - it was outstanding!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2013We had a wonderful time at Gregoria's Kitchen--the food was exotic and delicious. Portion sizes were perfect--not too big, not too small. The ambience is romantic because the restaurant is in a beautiful old Victorian home, with chandeliers and cozy dining areas in separate rooms.Special Features:
- The best of Miami in DurhamLittleberryDined on 1/22/2013Having lived in Miami all our lives, my wife & I were thrilled to find such a well-rendered Cuban restaurant just a few blocks from our home. The always delightful staff are about as pleasant and personable as can be found anywhere. The food is prepared properly and served promptly. Marvelous flavors and textures without relying upon gimmicky spices or fancy presentations to mask sub-par quality. We will return again and again.Special Features:
- Service was very good. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2013Service was very good. It was Triangle Restaurant Week and so it was quite bustling. Food came out a little slow. Staff was very apologetic and attentive while we waited. Everything was delicious. Would go back again.
- Great mojitos! We went forOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/21/2013Great mojitos! We went for restaurant week so I'm hoping that explains the subpar service. I'll definitely go back on a normal night just to compare the experience.
- Another great dining ex[erienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2013Another great dining ex[erience at Gregorias...excellent food, superb serviceSpecial Features:
- Fantastic place! The serviceLillianFleurDined on 1/21/2013Fantastic place! The service was wonderfully attentive and very personal. The food was really great. I loved the cocktails, and there are a lot of great unique options. The ambiance is excellent too--slightly dimmed lights, very lively music but never so loud that you can't hear your dining companions. We will be returning soon.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013The food and service were wonderful. My husband and I really enjoyed it until a table of 7 was seated near us. They were so loud we could barely hear ourselves think let alone talk to each other. If that group wasn't so loud our dinner would have been perfect. All that being said we would definitely recommend Gregorias for a great date night place to eat.Special Features:
- Identity CrisisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013Great food, and really nice ambiance. Has tremendouse potential. BUT, the service is really poor. Not just the individual server, but the service style. You enter and it's very nice, food looks good, and it is like you are at Four Square. Sit down and notice the plastic water cups. That's okay. But then the service begins and it is clear that you are not in a fine dining restaurant. It is like being at Denny's. Had to ask about specials, drinks took a long time, etc... Essentially, the waitress was not attentive, they were understaffed, and in general, the service style was like a cafe- aloof. I will go back, but I think they need to decide if they are a fine dining restaurant, or casual. It's a little of both right now.Special Features:
- We have been to Gregoria'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/18/2013We have been to Gregoria's several times and enjoyed each visit. The food is interesting--a bit different from our usual fare and nicely presented. This time our waitress was new to the restaurant and a little awkward and not well versed but she tried hard. The noise level is pretty high and tables are fairly close together but there was a live electric harp player Saturday night and that was quite enjoyable--changed our minds about what harp music could be! Valet parking is now available which should be helpful to some because the restaurant lot holds very few cars and overflow parking is across the street.Special Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013The service was excellent and the food was excellent. I went with my mom who is Cuban and she truly enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Fun night in DurhamFoodieVIPDined on 1/18/2013We ate upstairs which was a new experience. Great rooms for private parties. The music is amazing.Complimentary valet parking. The chef stopped at our table and chatted about families and food. Quite nice.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant! VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013Excellent restaurant! Very friendly staff and great food!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed this out-of-the-wOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2013We really enjoyed this out-of-the-way spot. The food is excellent, and very authentic. We had the Wednesday special, which includes appetizer, entree, dessert, and a bottle of wine for two for under $50. We understand that there is often very good live music, as well. I saw they were having a Valentine special. Check it out!Special Features:
- Gregoria's Kitchen: Great Cuban!Major0212VIPDined on 1/11/2013Born and raised in Miami, I am usually pretty skeptical when it comes tho Cuban food out of my comfort zone, but Gregoria's Kitchen makes you feel right at home. The atmosphere is warm and delightful as you are greeted to a live band playing authentic Cuban music. The servers are well versed to accomadate the non-spanish speaker, as all items on the menu are introduced in Spanish. Our favorites were the churrasco or skirt steak served with chimichurri sauce and the vaca frita. The bar is stocked with delicious rum-mixed drinks ( a Cuban favorite) along with beer choices. My only request is that they get their hands on a few cases of Materva (Cuban Soft Drink), other than that this is a neigborhood gem.Special Features:
- Don't confuse Cuban with Mexican.foodoutDined on 1/5/2013Don't confuse Cuban with Mexican. Cuban food is savory more than spicy, and Gregoria's dishes are savory/flavorful. We enjoyed the shrimp soup, rich with avocado, beans, and tomato... but the soup would have been good sans the shrimp, which were dry due to being over cooked in the hot soup. My husband had the Rope Vieja (long shreds of beef skirt steak), and I had Arroz con Pollo (small pieces of chicken - a leg, a thigh, and a wing over rice with peas and tomatoes that was similar to a good boxed Ricaroni) plus a cup of good black beans - don't know why the beans. Ample servings and flavorful, but nothing to cause us to anxiously return. A safe place, with good food. Price point would want for something more special.Special Features:
- Took my sister here for herbluangel31Dined on 1/4/2013Took my sister here for her birthday while she was visiting and the food, mojito's and dessert were fabulous. My sister said it was one of the best meals she had ever had. I am looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:
- We went for New Years Eve,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012We went for New Years Eve, so our options were limited to pre-set menu available. I had the NY Strip and it was tasty, and my wife had the salmon and liked it a lot. I also had the Rum Pana (spelling?) and it was DELICIOUS. We would recommend for sureSpecial Features:
- Have been a few times. UsuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Have been a few times. Usually love this place. Went for New Years. Unfortunately it was a price fix menu, which can be very good. Appetizers were good. Main courses came out completely cold for everyone. Ordered drinks and took a REALLY long time to get them. Love this place, just won't go back on for New YearsSpecial Features:
- Wonderful New Year's Eve dinnerTonyDined on 12/31/2012Wonderful New Year's Eve dinner course. Great meal, good music, a festive time had by all in attendance.Special Features:
- Good food, good service ,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Good food, good service , good atmosphere! Will come back again.Special Features:
- Greogria's Kitchen is a little gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Friday Nights at Gregoria's are very special. There is live music with Spanish flair and cozy dining atmosphere. Delicious food, beautifully presented, at a reasonable price. Friendly wait staff and amazing Mojitos. I recommend Gregoria’s Kitchen for any occasion.Special Features:
- There's nothing I can addOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2012There's nothing I can add to the already stellar reviews, but this.....the rice pudding was the best food I have experienced in years!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Went on a slow weeknight forkatdDined on 12/20/2012Went on a slow weeknight for our work holiday dinner. Had a great selection for everyone and the mango sorbet at the end was so refreshing!Special Features:
- Casual and comfortable placemishimishiVIPDined on 12/19/2012Casual and comfortable place to have a relaxing family meal!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem for meat eatersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Companion ordered the Ropa Viejo, I had grilled skirt steak. Both entrees tasty and well done. Although my skirt steak came with side of rice and black beans, the meal was not as starchy or heavy as Cuban food I've had elsewhere. Chef/owner Dania came out to meet diners. It's a nice touch when the cook comes out to see how food/service fared that night. Gregoria's offers prix fixe menu for DPAC/theater-goers that is supposed to be faster than regular table service, but we didn't feel rushed at all.Special Features:
- Great local spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/15/2012We loved our dinner at Gregoria's Kitchen! We ate pretty early because we had a 7 p.m. show to see at DPAC, but we had a great meal. We enjoyed an appetizer, entrees and dessert and they were all great (the mussles were a favorite of mine as well as the chocolate lava cake!) It was a unique place and I loved that it was in an old house. We definitely look forward to going back. Our only real complaint was that we wished they had a larger beer/wine selection.Special Features:
- Love this place. Food alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/14/2012Love this place. Food always good and reasonably priced. Stuffed Plantains are delicious! Live music on Friday night and good mojitos.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and thecjd0910Dined on 12/8/2012Food was excellent and the restaurant was very charming. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an early dinner beforeSkylarsMomVIPDined on 12/7/2012We had an early dinner before attending a DPAC event. Interesting menu, nice presentation and best of all very tasty. We all agreed that we would enjoy going back again. I have food allergies and the server was very knowledgable about the dishes and careful to make sure my dishes were prepared without products I was not able to eat. According to their website, Gregoria's has a pre-theater fixed price menu. We totally forgot about it while ordering. I did ask if there were any specials that evening, and there were none. The server did not mention the pre-theater menu ... it should not be up to the patron to know about the fixed price menu and request it.