47 West 8th Street
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greenwichprojectnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122539333x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:30am,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Carmine Di Giovanni
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
A word from Greenwich Project
Greenwich Project is located at 47 West 8th Street between Sixth Avenue and MacDougal Street. The intimate and chic 74-seat townhouse offers two experiences under one roof, allowing diners to frequent Greenwich Project for any occasion. Greenwich Project offers a robust menu of Contemporary American dishes with appetizers like the “Odd Couple,” with sweetbreads, wild burgundy snails, bacon, roasted garlic and Fideo Squid Ink with head on prawn and pimenton aioli. Guests can enjoy entrees like the Halibut “En Croute,” with brioche, cauliflower and blood orange grenobloise and the Roasted Rack of Colorado Lamb with chickpea, eggplant chutney, orange and cumin. Downstairs, the warm brick-walled room features a sleek white bar with burnt-orange colored banquets and a rotating roster of artwork. The upstairs level houses plush and cozy coffee-colored banquets, well-spaced tables, low-lit chandeliers and white-washed brick add to the room’s exclusive feel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Greenwich Project reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (42)great for brunch (37)good for groups (29)romantic (23)special occasion (22)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Inedible food, great serviceWineAndDineVIPDined on 9/6/2014I went for brunch. The meals are not accurately described on menu and are incredibly rich for brunch. But, I talked to the waiter and he was very understanding and accommodating. Be sure to ask if anything else is in the dish and how it is prepared if it is not described.Special Features:
- Loved Greenwich ProjectSuzyDined on 9/5/2014Attended one of the fashion shows this past weekend and a girfriend and I ate afterwards at Greenwich Project. Host at the door was very welcoming and got us a great table. Food was superb and the drinks were good too. Stacy and Joe were very attentive to us. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch was amazingjohnVIPDined on 8/30/2014brunch was amazing, such a great find. MUST HAVE the pork belly hash is divine, along with the fresh pressed juices, spiked of course....after all it is a 3day weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in the villagejohnVIPDined on 8/20/2014Every bite was amazing! Fresh and very tasty ingredients combined in amazing ways. Would love to eat there daily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- earsplittingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/19/2014The noise was so deafening that we left the restaurant in physical pain. Too bad. Food was lovely, as was the room.Special Features:
- I wanted to love this placejenksnycVIPDined on 8/15/2014I was looking for a late Friday night dinner for a ladies night out. It was a group of 5 but we wanted the place to feel cozy, not stuffy. When we walked into the restaurant, it was very loud on the first floor. Thankfully, the second floor was quiet and intimate. The appetizers were solid - burratta that was crumbly and not creamy, but still good, and a nice tuna tartare. My friend and I ordered the pork chops and were extremely excited to experience a heritage cut on the bone. It was so dry we could barely cut through it. Disappointed! The waitress was so nice and brought out additional desserts for our troubles. There are so many other great restaurants, I probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Really wonderful place!MGPreviewsDined on 8/15/2014I had an absolutely wonderful experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- a little gem on 8th streetdiverVIPDined on 8/14/2014The Chateaubriand was insane. Coupled with a red wine and horseradish crushed potatoes, I was in heaven. Everything else was tasty as well.
- Awesome placeLivesinwestvillageDined on 8/9/2014This place was really great, so surprised that it's not very busy but more people should know about it. Definitely my new brunch place and new place to tell people about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Neighborhood SpotNYerVIPDined on 8/6/2014Greenwich Project is a fine dining restaurant that feels like a comfortable, fun neighborhood bar that happens to serve fine food. The ambience is casually elegant and fun. The food is extremely good, and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- a light dinnerjustsayingVIPDined on 8/3/2014phenomenal. the peas in the cavatelli pasta were so crisp I couldn't believe it. great for vegetarians. sat at the bar with Stacey and Sean and couldn't have had a better experience.Special Features:
- Truly Great DinnerMHS415Dined on 8/3/2014The restaurant is beautiful, every inch is thought-out and perfect. There's a classy, comfortable feel about the place, perfectly complimented by the professional and attentive staff. We arrived a little early to allow for cocktails at the bar. Our bartender was knowledgeable and made some excellent recommendations based on what we told him we like. We dined upstairs in the totally unique and gorgeous dining room. Sleek camel leather booths accented with metal rivets, comfortable while giving the dining room a stunning modern vibe. The artwork is funky in a fabulous way; bright colors, various textures and different genres. The food was outstanding! Every bite was exquisite in presentation, flavor and finish. Truly a great restaurant.Special Features:
- amazing BRUNCH!!!!!johnVIPDined on 8/3/2014brunch was amazing, loved the cornflake crusted french toast, perfect! soft scramble was just right, soft and loose as the server mentioned -cooked perfectly. fresh pressed juices and "brunch cocktails" were amazing, garden mary is the perfect alternative to the typical blood mary. We'll be back soon, especially with a 25$ prefix it cant be beat!!Special Features:
- Great place!!lakeshoredriveDined on 7/31/2014Cocktails were delicious. I had a raspberry Kool-aid drink and my friend had an east of Eden. Appetizer- tuna tartare: surprisingly large portion. Good to share. Bread was amazing also. For dinner I had the fideo with prawns which was great. Could have done without the head of the prawns but it's fine. Friend had the cavatelli which was good. We ended out meal with donuts for desert which were really great. The staff there is also nice and polite and informative which added to a very positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Neighborhood BrunchMHS415Dined on 7/27/2014We frequently dine at Greenwich for brunch because it's the perfect brunch! The staff is so welcoming, the coffee is delicious, and the food is exactly what you're craving on a weekend morning. I had the cornflake-crusted French toast, which is OUTRAGEOUS- the fresh berries atop the cornflake crust and the soft brioche inside is such an amazing combination. Other items at the table included the pork belly hash; the perfect egg dish for the sophisticated breakfast palate. The lemon ricotta pancakes, easily the BEST pancakes in NYC. We had an amazing time! Brunch at Greenwich is just one more reason to look forward to the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday CelebrationMHS415Dined on 7/26/2014We dined at Greenwich for my mother-in-law's birthday on Saturday night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were a larger party, and our captain Joe did such a fabulous job taking care of all of our needs; we felt special and comfortable. Some of the dishes at the table included wonderfully fresh tuna tartar, scrumptious oysters, perfectly dressed barata salad, fabulously decedent odd couple, bright and dynamic asparagus salad, mouth watering lamb, perfectly-cooked filet and not to mention the array of desserts, one more delicious than the next. We were completely thrilled, and can't wait to go back! Thank you, Greenwich Project, for making this special occasion so special.Special Features:
- Cute placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Very pretty restaurant. Food was super salty. Started with the steamed clams and got the salmon entree. Would have tasted really great had both dishes not been overpowered with salt..Special Features:
- foodie paradise!johnVIPDined on 7/25/2014amazing cant wait to go back service and food was fantastic. total package is amazing, the decor is very clean and unique, kind of a hidden little gem on west 8th streetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014Every once in a while you run into a restaurant that captures your attention in terms of the space, menu, service and experience that you have. When all of those work together it can be magical. Stop by for a drink, a quick bite on your own or find some good friends to enjoy a leisurely meal with. As much as the name and artwork displayed might seem to be a ploy to distract your from what is important in a restaurant, they aren't!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!justsayingVIPDined on 7/21/2014I have been several times and the staff always surpasses my expectations. Joe and Stacey make you feel as though you're in your own home. Favorites are currently east side cocktail, burata, gnocci and the fennel branzino. also don't miss the Elvis dessert! Go early as they tend to run out of food items (only flaw)Special Features:
- delicious meal, big service no-noOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014food was good; though, we found something small and hard in the scallop dish. tuna tartare was delicious. highly recco. incredibly noisy as tables are very, very close together. biggest upset was the service. we all have our pet peeves when it comes to dining out and mine is bringing the check to the table before it is asked for, which is what happened. i understand people want to leave work, but it would have been better handled by saying, "we're closing out, do you mind if i bring you the check" instead of just delivering it with a "thank you." after that we felt rushed and unwelcomed.Special Features:
- Food and AmbienceMaydayDined on 7/20/2014It was loud and the food was not flavorful. It initially seemed appealing and eclectic on the menu but in taste, the eggs were not completely cooked.Special Features:
- Good but inflexiblenycglobetrotterVIPDined on 7/20/2014Came here for brunch. The food and ambiance was good; however, they don't make any substitutions on their menu which seems odd considering so many people in NYC have dietary restrictions / different tastes. My friend simply wanted to swap out goat cheese in her omelette for another type of cheese and they told us this could not be done. It's being made from scratch so we weren't sure what the problem was but they wouldn't do it. This soured my dining companions enjoyment of her meal. I had the poached eggs over pork belly hash - nothing spectacular. However, we did enjoy the ambiance and the fresh fruit juice mocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So uncomfortableBarbVIPDined on 7/18/2014The loudest restaurant at which I have dined! It was impossible to have a conversation. I couldn't wait to leave, so couldn't enjoy my fish, which was well prepared. Also, it was much too warm in the dining room. Even my 29 year old son could't wait to get out of there.
- Wonderful Brunch SpotClareDined on 7/13/2014Loved everything about the Greenwich Project. Food was delicious, service was perfect, reservations were allowed and honored on time. No NY attitude just an amazing experience, I am so happy I chose this restaurant for a special brunch with friends and family.Special Features:
- Great Brunch Spot!somebuddyVIPDined on 7/13/2014I host a monthly networking brunch and I'm always looking for a new, affordable spot. We're artists, so we can't afford Sarabeth's EVERY time. This spot was perfect! We were able to seat 10 at a long table. Pre-fixe was only $25, but the entrees were so inexpensive, you could have gotten away with less. Food was unique and delicious (and I'm a very picky eater). And it was easy to book the group last minute, which was a fantastic plus. What a find!Special Features:
- Lovely brunch!ldbwlsVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had a brunch here on Saturday. I expected it to be very crowded but it wasn't too busy. The place is quite spacey. We didn't sit upstairs which I actually wanted to but first floor sitting was also nice. The atmosphere of the place was cozy almost like somebody's really nice brown stone house which I think it is a perfect brunch spot. I had a french toast and it was the best french toast I've ever had. Plating was cute and wonderful as well. I also had a freshly squeezed fruit/veg juice which I loved! Overall, it was a perfect brunch experience as I expected. Plus, after the brunch here, we walked to Washington Square Park and enjoyed the beautiful day!Special Features:
- CHIBIDined on 7/6/2014VERY GOOD FOOD. GREAT SERVICE. COOL, VERY COOL DECOR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wounderfuljohnVIPDined on 7/2/2014Fantastic food. Started out with some delicious oysters, crisp and fresh, nice added kick from the house made chipolte sauce. The odd coupe, sweet breads and bacon made for the perfect balance of flavors and richness. While my girlfriend couldn't stop talking about the branzino and the cocktails, over and over. I guess she loved it as much as I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special EveningMHS415Dined on 7/1/2014We dined at Greenwich Project for my friend's birthday. The oysters were so fresh and delicious, the scallops, lamb and branzino, all perfection! The dessert was wonderful and accompanied by a birthday song- the entire dining room even chimed in! The restaurant is elegant yet approachable, and the food is truly outstanding. Thank you for a wonderful experience, can't wait to be back!Special Features:
- Excellent findCeleDined on 6/30/2014Was very happily surprised at the experience --- spacious, great service, fantastic food! We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best pasta!johnVIPDined on 6/23/2014Fideo was amazing, I've ordered squid ink pasta everywhere and the one at greenwich project is by far the best I've had. Service was perfect, not rushed really causal and relaxed while being attentive and on it at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MHS415Dined on 6/21/2014My husband, daughter and I went to Greenwich Project to celebrate my husband's birthday. Fabulous! Champagne to toast, Pisco sours and crispy light tap beer. We started out with the PEI oysters in a delicious light sauce, kept dunking the bread into the sauce to get every bit left in the bowl. Duck confit, licked the plate clean. Five minute egg, amazing! Chicken "under the brick", cooked perfectly (not dry as chicken often is) with a delicious dark sauce on a bed of sweet pea puree, a hit! Cavatelli, perfect. Branzino, honestly the best seafood dish I've ever had. The service was great, attentive but not overly. The ambiance comfortable and beautiful. The whole experience was really lovely. Five star restaurant without the pretentiousness.Special Features:
- Superb brunchhlfemmeVIPDined on 6/21/2014From the host to the service to the food, all were very enjoyable. I will most def recommend this to all my friends and will be heading back again. The pork belly hash is to die for.Special Features:
- donnaVIPDined on 6/21/2014The hidden jewel in nyc.....................beautiful atmosphere................top service....................best food..............can't say enough !!!!! a true surprise...............brunch and dinner!!! These people are pros!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greenwich Project Rocks it!JeffinshVIPDined on 6/20/2014We were a group of 9 and sat upstairs. Our group was two couple and our young adult children. Our waitress' name was "Stacey" but after some discussion with her at the end of dinner, her real name was "Wonderful". She was truly that and so was the food. We all had such a great time and here it is 2 days later, and we are all still talking about the special truffle oil-infused risotto, the tuna tartare, the brick-pressed chicken and the various pastas. All delicious and all "wonderful". We will be back!Special Features:
- perfectionjohnVIPDined on 6/18/2014love this place, dinned with a large group of friends, which all of them are foodies, .....whatever! so no worries I made a reservation and to their surprise after looking up the chef they had high expectations and Greenwich Project delivered on all counts. The cavatelli pasta with corn was delicious, also a special for the evening duck/avocado toast first i was skeptical but being that I have dinned here before and everything has always been amazing I figured why not! Others in my group were relived then menu was straight forward with bold flavors and no fussing around with catchy names and being cute... simple, tasty food with great service ....btw this 5 minute egg thing they do is not even on the menu but the best thing ever!Special Features:
- Yum and Great Space!DDHosuDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day brunch and it was delicious! The space itself is terrific in its design. Clean and great touches of art and texture. The only complaint was the very aggressive bus boy who was rather like a bull in a china shop. But the waitress was terrific, food was yum, and I've already made a reservation to go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunch spot!WahineNYCVIPDined on 6/15/2014Had Father's Day brunch here with my hubby and two young children, ages 3 and 5. Food was superb (pork belly hash and french toast!) and service was excellent. Our server knew to take the kids' orders first and was also very nice to them. The space is very inviting and bright. I like the decor. Overall, a great neighborhood restaurant. I will go back for dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best brunchjustsayingVIPDined on 6/8/2014best brunch in Manhattan, hands down. and they take reservations!Special Features: