47 West 8th Street
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greenwichprojectnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122539333x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:30am,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Carmine Di Giovanni
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
A word from Greenwich Project
Greenwich Project is located at 47 West 8th Street between Sixth Avenue and MacDougal Street. The intimate and chic 74-seat townhouse offers two experiences under one roof, allowing diners to frequent Greenwich Project for any occasion. Greenwich Project offers a robust menu of Contemporary American dishes with appetizers like the “Odd Couple,” with sweetbreads, wild burgundy snails, bacon, roasted garlic and Fideo Squid Ink with head on prawn and pimenton aioli. Guests can enjoy entrees like the Halibut “En Croute,” with brioche, cauliflower and blood orange grenobloise and the Roasted Rack of Colorado Lamb with chickpea, eggplant chutney, orange and cumin. Downstairs, the warm brick-walled room features a sleek white bar with burnt-orange colored banquets and a rotating roster of artwork. The upstairs level houses plush and cozy coffee-colored banquets, well-spaced tables, low-lit chandeliers and white-washed brick add to the room’s exclusive feel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Greenwich Project reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (55)great for brunch (41)good for groups (38)romantic (27)special occasion (24)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Greenwich project rocksjohnVIPDined on 10/14/2014Yes this place is amazing. Loved the food. Dined here with some friends for a neighborhood place. But I was wrong. Food, service, ambiance all were top notch level up there with some of the over hyped and overly expensive places out there. Value and quality go a long way in this city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experiencepiperbrown1VIPDined on 10/12/2014So happy to have lucked upon this spot for brunch for a group of us in town for the weekend. Lovely decor, great food & drinks and amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrettyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014This is a very cute space. I didnt see upstairs but the ground level is nice. Food was interesting.Special Features:
- Did not disappointHungrydocVIPDined on 10/11/2014I spent a magical evening at the Greenwich project. From the moment I arrived, the staff couldn't have been lovelier. The food was impeccable, the service was amazing and the ambiance was cool without being overly trendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full of promise but needs workRaeLynnDined on 10/11/2014I wanted to like this place but ultimately could not. It was so noisy we were shouting at each other and still could not be heard. We waited 35 minutes for a reservation when we had arrived promptly. We were a party of 5 and were squished into a 4 top. Our food came well before our cocktails and two of the five orders were wrong or missing side dishes. The waiter kept pouring sparkling water (read - pushing) and was in such a hurry, he consistently spilled all over the table making it a wet mess. This could be a great spot but just doesn't have the operational chops. Really needs tightening up. That said, the cheeseburger was exceptionally good and the one redeeming thing about the experience.
- Great time at brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014Truffle egg salad and scones were great! Cute place for brunch.Special Features:
- First time hereNSAdocNYCVIPDined on 10/5/2014I went for brunch on Sunday. The food was very good and the atmosphere inviting. Everyone was very friendly and personable and the pork belly hash was incredibly tasty.Special Features:
- Thanks OpenTable for the intro!AviEatsOutVIPDined on 10/1/2014There have been times that I have the honor to be introduced to a new place thanks to OpenTable and this was one of them! What a very special gem with awesome staff and yum yum food! This was the first time that amazing staff out shined the awesome food! Keep it up and I will be back!Special Features:
- Cute placecamilleVIPDined on 9/28/2014Made a reservation after walking by the day before. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation time, but were seated immediately. Service started out good, but a large (12+) group seemed to require all of the servers' attention. My eggs benedict was underseasoned and there was no salt or pepper on the table. Had someone come by to refill the water glasses, I would have asked for some.Special Features:
- This is the spot!NYCFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic restaurant, food, and service. I look forward to visiting again SOON!Special Features:
- lovely eveningjohnVIPDined on 9/24/2014perfection on 8th street. great service, food creative and well executed. Odd couple was perfect -eclectic and refined, happy the server recommended this dish. Petit filet wasn't petit at all -rather large cut of mouth watering beef tenderloin with horseradish potatoes -to die for! doughnuts for dessert are a must (better then cafe dumont)! thank you Carmine Di Giovanni and team for providing a wonderful meal and neighborhood gem. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and yuumy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014I really enjoyed brunch @ Greenwich Project. I was surprised it wasn't as busy, but the food and service was superb. I would definitely go there sometime soon! They had a great brunch special for $25 bucks, which included coffee or tea, brunch cocktail, entree and a pastry. My friend had a nut allergy and our server ensured the kitchen could accommodate her dietary restriction even if there was no option on the menu for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffTheGazzVIPDined on 9/14/2014Read the menu on Open Table and it sounded very interesting. It did not disappoint. We went for brunch. The food was excellent and the variety and selection of creative concoctions made it a tough choice to decide. All was as good as it looked. It's a bit "trendy" for my personal taste, but on the other hand, the service was very warm and friendly --and did not match the décor (that is a positive statement!!). I will go back next time I am in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Great placePousDined on 9/13/2014I recommend this restaurant for dates. The food is very good and the service is slow but allows you to talk with your date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inedible food, great serviceWineAndDineVIPDined on 9/6/2014I went for brunch. The meals are not accurately described on menu and are incredibly rich for brunch. But, I talked to the waiter and he was very understanding and accommodating. Be sure to ask if anything else is in the dish and how it is prepared if it is not described.Special Features:
- Loved Greenwich ProjectSuzyDined on 9/5/2014Attended one of the fashion shows this past weekend and a girfriend and I ate afterwards at Greenwich Project. Host at the door was very welcoming and got us a great table. Food was superb and the drinks were good too. Stacy and Joe were very attentive to us. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch was amazingjohnVIPDined on 8/30/2014brunch was amazing, such a great find. MUST HAVE the pork belly hash is divine, along with the fresh pressed juices, spiked of course....after all it is a 3day weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in the villagejohnVIPDined on 8/20/2014Every bite was amazing! Fresh and very tasty ingredients combined in amazing ways. Would love to eat there daily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- earsplittingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/19/2014The noise was so deafening that we left the restaurant in physical pain. Too bad. Food was lovely, as was the room.Special Features:
- I wanted to love this placejenksnycVIPDined on 8/15/2014I was looking for a late Friday night dinner for a ladies night out. It was a group of 5 but we wanted the place to feel cozy, not stuffy. When we walked into the restaurant, it was very loud on the first floor. Thankfully, the second floor was quiet and intimate. The appetizers were solid - burratta that was crumbly and not creamy, but still good, and a nice tuna tartare. My friend and I ordered the pork chops and were extremely excited to experience a heritage cut on the bone. It was so dry we could barely cut through it. Disappointed! The waitress was so nice and brought out additional desserts for our troubles. There are so many other great restaurants, I probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Really wonderful place!MGPreviewsDined on 8/15/2014I had an absolutely wonderful experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- a little gem on 8th streetdiverVIPDined on 8/14/2014The Chateaubriand was insane. Coupled with a red wine and horseradish crushed potatoes, I was in heaven. Everything else was tasty as well.
- Awesome placeLivesinwestvillageDined on 8/9/2014This place was really great, so surprised that it's not very busy but more people should know about it. Definitely my new brunch place and new place to tell people about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Neighborhood SpotNYerVIPDined on 8/6/2014Greenwich Project is a fine dining restaurant that feels like a comfortable, fun neighborhood bar that happens to serve fine food. The ambience is casually elegant and fun. The food is extremely good, and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- a light dinnerjustsayingVIPDined on 8/3/2014phenomenal. the peas in the cavatelli pasta were so crisp I couldn't believe it. great for vegetarians. sat at the bar with Stacey and Sean and couldn't have had a better experience.Special Features:
- Truly Great DinnerMHS415Dined on 8/3/2014The restaurant is beautiful, every inch is thought-out and perfect. There's a classy, comfortable feel about the place, perfectly complimented by the professional and attentive staff. We arrived a little early to allow for cocktails at the bar. Our bartender was knowledgeable and made some excellent recommendations based on what we told him we like. We dined upstairs in the totally unique and gorgeous dining room. Sleek camel leather booths accented with metal rivets, comfortable while giving the dining room a stunning modern vibe. The artwork is funky in a fabulous way; bright colors, various textures and different genres. The food was outstanding! Every bite was exquisite in presentation, flavor and finish. Truly a great restaurant.Special Features:
- amazing BRUNCH!!!!!johnVIPDined on 8/3/2014brunch was amazing, loved the cornflake crusted french toast, perfect! soft scramble was just right, soft and loose as the server mentioned -cooked perfectly. fresh pressed juices and "brunch cocktails" were amazing, garden mary is the perfect alternative to the typical blood mary. We'll be back soon, especially with a 25$ prefix it cant be beat!!Special Features:
- Great place!!lakeshoredriveVIPDined on 7/31/2014Cocktails were delicious. I had a raspberry Kool-aid drink and my friend had an east of Eden. Appetizer- tuna tartare: surprisingly large portion. Good to share. Bread was amazing also. For dinner I had the fideo with prawns which was great. Could have done without the head of the prawns but it's fine. Friend had the cavatelli which was good. We ended out meal with donuts for desert which were really great. The staff there is also nice and polite and informative which added to a very positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Neighborhood BrunchMHS415Dined on 7/27/2014We frequently dine at Greenwich for brunch because it's the perfect brunch! The staff is so welcoming, the coffee is delicious, and the food is exactly what you're craving on a weekend morning. I had the cornflake-crusted French toast, which is OUTRAGEOUS- the fresh berries atop the cornflake crust and the soft brioche inside is such an amazing combination. Other items at the table included the pork belly hash; the perfect egg dish for the sophisticated breakfast palate. The lemon ricotta pancakes, easily the BEST pancakes in NYC. We had an amazing time! Brunch at Greenwich is just one more reason to look forward to the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday CelebrationMHS415Dined on 7/26/2014We dined at Greenwich for my mother-in-law's birthday on Saturday night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were a larger party, and our captain Joe did such a fabulous job taking care of all of our needs; we felt special and comfortable. Some of the dishes at the table included wonderfully fresh tuna tartar, scrumptious oysters, perfectly dressed barata salad, fabulously decedent odd couple, bright and dynamic asparagus salad, mouth watering lamb, perfectly-cooked filet and not to mention the array of desserts, one more delicious than the next. We were completely thrilled, and can't wait to go back! Thank you, Greenwich Project, for making this special occasion so special.Special Features:
- Cute placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Very pretty restaurant. Food was super salty. Started with the steamed clams and got the salmon entree. Would have tasted really great had both dishes not been overpowered with salt..Special Features:
- foodie paradise!johnVIPDined on 7/25/2014amazing cant wait to go back service and food was fantastic. total package is amazing, the decor is very clean and unique, kind of a hidden little gem on west 8th streetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014Every once in a while you run into a restaurant that captures your attention in terms of the space, menu, service and experience that you have. When all of those work together it can be magical. Stop by for a drink, a quick bite on your own or find some good friends to enjoy a leisurely meal with. As much as the name and artwork displayed might seem to be a ploy to distract your from what is important in a restaurant, they aren't!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!justsayingVIPDined on 7/21/2014I have been several times and the staff always surpasses my expectations. Joe and Stacey make you feel as though you're in your own home. Favorites are currently east side cocktail, burata, gnocci and the fennel branzino. also don't miss the Elvis dessert! Go early as they tend to run out of food items (only flaw)Special Features:
- delicious meal, big service no-noOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014food was good; though, we found something small and hard in the scallop dish. tuna tartare was delicious. highly recco. incredibly noisy as tables are very, very close together. biggest upset was the service. we all have our pet peeves when it comes to dining out and mine is bringing the check to the table before it is asked for, which is what happened. i understand people want to leave work, but it would have been better handled by saying, "we're closing out, do you mind if i bring you the check" instead of just delivering it with a "thank you." after that we felt rushed and unwelcomed.Special Features:
- Food and AmbienceMaydayVIPDined on 7/20/2014It was loud and the food was not flavorful. It initially seemed appealing and eclectic on the menu but in taste, the eggs were not completely cooked.Special Features:
- Good but inflexiblenycglobetrotterVIPDined on 7/20/2014Came here for brunch. The food and ambiance was good; however, they don't make any substitutions on their menu which seems odd considering so many people in NYC have dietary restrictions / different tastes. My friend simply wanted to swap out goat cheese in her omelette for another type of cheese and they told us this could not be done. It's being made from scratch so we weren't sure what the problem was but they wouldn't do it. This soured my dining companions enjoyment of her meal. I had the poached eggs over pork belly hash - nothing spectacular. However, we did enjoy the ambiance and the fresh fruit juice mocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So uncomfortableBarbVIPDined on 7/18/2014The loudest restaurant at which I have dined! It was impossible to have a conversation. I couldn't wait to leave, so couldn't enjoy my fish, which was well prepared. Also, it was much too warm in the dining room. Even my 29 year old son could't wait to get out of there.
- Wonderful Brunch SpotClareDined on 7/13/2014Loved everything about the Greenwich Project. Food was delicious, service was perfect, reservations were allowed and honored on time. No NY attitude just an amazing experience, I am so happy I chose this restaurant for a special brunch with friends and family.Special Features:
- Great Brunch Spot!somebuddyVIPDined on 7/13/2014I host a monthly networking brunch and I'm always looking for a new, affordable spot. We're artists, so we can't afford Sarabeth's EVERY time. This spot was perfect! We were able to seat 10 at a long table. Pre-fixe was only $25, but the entrees were so inexpensive, you could have gotten away with less. Food was unique and delicious (and I'm a very picky eater). And it was easy to book the group last minute, which was a fantastic plus. What a find!Special Features: