Bld. A, Fort Mason
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greensrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4157716222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:45pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday ($58 per person prix fixe menu only): 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch:Saturday 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Annie Somerville
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The entire restaurant may be reserved for a special event with a sit down capacity of 125 people or a standing reception for up to 200 people. Please contact Ashley Pier for details.
A word from Greens Restaurant
While enjoying one of San Francisco's most dramatic views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands, diners savor Chef Annie Somerville’s imaginative vegetarian cuisine that features local seasonal organic produce and the finest ingredients. Greens emphasizes wonderful dishes created with a balance of colors, flavor and a contrast of textures inspired by the cuisines of the Mediterranean, Asia, Mexico and the American Southwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Greens Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio ›
Greens Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
594 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (508)fit for foodies (387)special occasion (308)great for brunch (221)great for lunch (212)romantic (198)neighborhood gem (135)good for groups (130)notable wine list (85)kid-friendly (61)hot spot (48)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- best curry ever, hands downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Food was terrific. The neighborhood is a little odd--it feels like you are heading somewhere abandoned. But once there, the place is alive with people and activity inside. Never had a better curry--outstanding subtle notes. The view is spectacular and the restaurant itself is quite beautiful and spacious and airy. Service very professional, friendly but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My San Francisco FavoriteluvgoodfoodDined on 8/26/2014Greens Restaurant is my favorite SF restaurant and one of the most impressive places to take friends from out of state or country. The meals are always delicious and the atmosphere insures a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Vegetarians and GF folks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Terrific on so many levels. The food is incredible and all vegetarian. Newly GF, I was able to select from almost everything on the menu. The dining room is really beautiful with terrific views of the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. Just be aware that it is in an old warehouse building and there is very little signage to tell you that it is located there.Special Features:
- I have gone here for yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I would have preferred a lunch or earlier dinner to brunch since I am not a great fan of eggs. Also my special fruity drink wasn't very good. Their menu is very creative and the food very good. I would like it if they had more gluten free options, particularly pasta and breads. Always go during daylight hours since the views are so lovely. The wait staff are really fine and ready to spend time to clarify the menu. Reservations are almost essential. One does not miss meat here because of such wonderful creative menu choices. Do not miss the soups. I had a vegan cauliflower soup that was great and have had other soups in the past, all of which were really great and healthy to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veggie Delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Greens is always a home run for a special occasion or just a nice lunch time treat. our food was first rate, service was good, and on a nice sunny day, you just can't beat the Fort Mason location, right on the water. I am vegetarian and my friend is vegan. It is always nice to come to Greens where these eating preferences do not pose a problem in terms of menu options. We had a very nice meal and were pleased with the experience in every way. I have eaten at Greens many times, and will certainly do so again, in the near future. First Rate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious vegetarian cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014We've been going to Greens for 15 years and love the view and the food. We aren't vegetarians but any foodie would love the options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable option for guestsNotreallyfussyDined on 8/24/2014We took our friends visiting from London to brunch. Good choice; the view is spectacular and the food is reliable and good.Special Features:
- Great good foodTony123VIPDined on 8/23/2014Lunch menu not as extensive as dinner menu. Always great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy as UsualVeggieLoversDined on 8/22/2014We had another great meal at Greens. I can always find something new on the menu to try and, once again, it was truly delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, but unimpressed.EaterDined on 8/22/2014I appreciate why people rave about this restaurant. The view, the atmosphere and creatively delivered food. But, if you order badly you get a plate of soggy tacos drowned in sweet corn with a type of BBQ sauce. If this excites you - then this is your restaurant. I was also disappointed to learn they don't offer gluten free pasta as an alternative.Special Features:
- Tightly packed tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The tables are too tightly spaced for privacy. With a mix of humor and horror we overheard every word of our neighboring table's Lothario as he boorishly attempted to pick the locks of his attractive tablemate. It really put us off the otherwise very good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Welcoming, great food, great service To bad open tabel isn't as together as the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Much Food OptionsmohanitguyDined on 8/19/2014We went here for a Great view, which is awesome. Food is delicious except for the fact that we didnt have much Menu Options. Only 4-5 main course i believe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at greensOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Great location and the food was delicious but the service was not so good. The waitress barely smiled, didn't bring water when we asked. The sandwhich didn't have pesto on it as it was described on the menu and I tried to get the waitress's attention, she ignored us. She had a lackluster approach to working with people. I usually tip well but not this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingTheoswifePVIPDined on 8/18/2014you'll never miss meat eating here. perfection!!!Special Features:
- Suzanne007VIPDined on 8/18/2014I am a hard core carnivore, and I liked it. I have been to several vegetarian restaurants, but other than Green Zebra in Chicago this is the only vegetarian restaurant to make me not miss meat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/17/2014Greens is one of the best restaurants of any type in SF. We're not vegetarians and love it, for the food and the view. Exceptional attention and service too.Special Features:
- Disappointing Visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We have eaten here many times over the years. We always anticipate the visit. However, the brunch spinach omelet on this day was terrible! Both my wife & I agreed. I only ate half of mine. The server seemed basically detached & uninterested. I noticed he spent more time talking to the bar keep than paying attention to his tables. On the postitve side, the reception personal were excellent.
- Ups and downsphotofoodDined on 8/15/2014Greens has a wonderful selection for vegetarians that still manage to appeal to meat eaters. Great attention was paid to creating our delicious cocktails. The ambiance seems slightly outdated but the views are wonderful. The service by our main server was terrible, she sat to the bar and stared at us while our water cup remained empty, and her sparse interactions were rude. It made us very uncomfortable. Her assistant server was a delight though, he was great with the kids and was very pleasant. The food was good but lacked the sense of unique delight I was hoping for, the feeling you get when you can't wait to tell people about a restaurant...especially for the prices. I will say, the fig pizza might bring me back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJackDined on 8/15/2014Being a carnivor the thought of a Vegetarian Restaurant was taken under advisment. The food was magnificent! Fresh food with wonderful flavors. One place you cannot miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food in great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014This is a gem of a restaurant. The food is fantastic and the ambience and view from this bay overlook is second to none. It is NOT cheap but the service and food quality did not dissappoint. Recommend this strongly..although have only been there twice. Once in Aug 2012 and again in Aug 2014. Definitely special occasion territory!Special Features:
- Not what it used to beIslandAppetite808Dined on 8/14/2014I ate at Greens 5 years ago and remember being VERY impressed. This time I thought the food was average. So did everyone else in my party.
- dinersb8995dinersb8995Dined on 8/13/2014This restaurant was great the food was delicious the service was just ok. I thought it was a little over priced.Special Features:
- A gem.KMMFamilyDined on 8/13/2014Consistently excellent, beautiful fresh food. I always feel great after a meal at Greens. plus, the sunset view is unparalleled in San Francisco.Special Features:
- server took it over the topdeekDined on 8/13/2014The view never changes. The food is always creative and outstanding. But service can be perfunctory at times. Not on our last visit. The server was upbeat, attentive, professional and personal. She took Greens from a consistently fine experience to a memorable one. Attitude does make a difference.Special Features:
- Great waiter and foodChewieDined on 8/12/2014Food was fantastic and our waiter was top of the game in service. He was able to discuss and comment on our good and wine selection and when we had a question about a couple of the red wines he just brought us a few glasses to sample before we made up our minds. Overall a great dinner. They did take too long to seat us. We had an 8pm reservation, but we had to wait 30min before our table was ready.Special Features:
- EatsAestheteEatsAestheteDined on 8/12/2014It was wonderful, as usual! Even my Manhattan gourmet brother with his high standards was pleased. Greens is my favorite restaurant in the world!!Special Features:
- greatrawvleugeltjeDined on 8/11/2014We had a great evening at the restaurant. The food was great and the view amazing. The service was also good. Our table was only in a kind of private room. Some of our party liked that but we missed the activity of the restaurant which some of us found a pity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time VegieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The write-ups on this restaurant are excellent - all I can say is they are spot-on. We went to experience serious vegetarian dishes and they were wonderful. When in San Francisco you have to take a lunch or dinner trip to Greens.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My girlfriend and I were seated promptly even though I mistakenly arrived 30 minutes before our reservation. We were seated at the best table I'm the house, which earned many more points for me. Beautiful views of the harbor and GGB. The food was amazing as well as the bloody Mary's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always....DBarryVIPDined on 8/9/2014A lovely SF spot with view of the Bay and Golden Gate Bridge. The Sat fixed-price menu with a glass of wine was exquisite -- well worth the drive up from San Jose to meet an old friend from Berkeley, as we've been doing for 10 years... Particularly enjoyed the Ricotta corn cakes, wild mushroom ravioli, and Butterscotch Pot De Crème with coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetable BlissOldTownEatsDined on 8/8/2014Every dish was a carefully composed piece of art: for the eye and the mouth. The vegetables are perfectly done - never a mushy carrot or overcooked anything. The flavors are complex and varied and the sauces are intersting. Care and attention is paid to the smallest detail. The meal was pleasing and tasty but I'm a carnivore so it didn't knock me out. The view was amazing at sunset. We scored a small room to the left of the dining room for our college reunion party of five. I would definitely return. A wonderful all round experience.Special Features:
- hmmmm off day?MsFoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Generally, I love Greens, but today was an off day. The table service was not up to their usual standard, the menu was a little bit uninspired. I'll be back but I wasn't wowed.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysPaulDined on 8/8/2014Greens is a wonderful SF resource and I not only love the food, but the crowd, which usually reflects a pleasant cross section of San Franciscans. Who would have thought that a peach and cheese would go so well together!Special Features:
- California fresh for out-of-townersstarsobaDined on 8/7/2014Based on on-line reviews, we knew the food would be excellent. It was. Bonus: It was possible to talk to our table mates without shouting. How lovely to go to a restaurant and hear restaurant sounds and not a throbbing, ear-splitting sound track that drowns out all conversation! Also, our server was excellent, efficient and knowledgeable about food and wine options. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great ViewsFoodyDined on 8/6/2014Amazing Food, amazing views, Great Service. THE Restaurant to go to in SanFran!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Greens is really special. Brought my three teens and they all ate everything with great relish. Views are incredible.Special Features:
- Great vegetarian selectionNickname2VIPDined on 8/6/2014I had the linguine which was yummy. Flavor was mild and I tend to like more bold flavors. I also had the butterscotch pot d'creme and I could have licked the bowl. It was excellent. The view is awesome. It does tend to get a little noisey but it is such a pleasant experience overall you tend to forget about it. We went to lunch a little later so it wasn't as loud.Special Features:
- nice as alwayssameetVIPDined on 8/5/2014VERY lovely hostess who sat us despite being late near a view table. Waiters were so-so: sensed always a little attitude. Chef may want to experiment with some more piquant flavorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Greens!MarthaawhVIPDined on 8/3/2014We are so excited to find this restaurant in the Bay Area!!! Great vegetarian menu with cool ambiance and fantastic view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Creative menu....we can't wait to be back in San Francisco so we can enjoy it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.