Bld. A, Fort Mason
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greensrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4157716222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:45pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday ($58 per person prix fixe menu only): 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch:Saturday 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Annie Somerville
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The entire restaurant may be reserved for a special event with a sit down capacity of 125 people or a standing reception for up to 200 people. Please contact Ashley Pier for details.
A word from Greens Restaurant
While enjoying one of San Francisco's most dramatic views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands, diners savor Chef Annie Somerville’s imaginative vegetarian cuisine that features local seasonal organic produce and the finest ingredients. Greens emphasizes wonderful dishes created with a balance of colors, flavor and a contrast of textures inspired by the cuisines of the Mediterranean, Asia, Mexico and the American Southwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Greens Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio ›
Greens Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
574 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (487)fit for foodies (388)special occasion (303)romantic (203)great for lunch (196)great for brunch (189)good for groups (131)neighborhood gem (128)notable wine list (89)hot spot (51)kid-friendly (50)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- The view was great! Service great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I would recommend,in fact I told most of my client yesterday. I don't like tomatoes, but I had the heirloom tomatoe pizza.... It was very good. Everything was very good. My friends coming in town the week and we are coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love GreensOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014We go to Greens every time we visit San Francisco. I wouldn't go so far to call it kid friendly as there aren't a lot of kids. But I have brought my little ones a few times and it is fine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014I had reservations at 1:15 on 9/28. We got to the restaurant at 1:05 and the hostess said to wait because she will be sitting us at the reservation time. We got back at 1:15 and she said that she was looking for us (????) and because she didn't find us and she gave our table to somebody else. And we have to wait for another 10 minutes. She then gave us the table in the little corner, which we didn't want. After I talked with the other host on duty he gave us a reasonable table, but we did have to wait for another 10 minutes. We were celebrating my daughter's birthday (14) so all that could have been avoided. Really unfortunate! We have been vegetarian for years and we love Greens, such a moment though!Special Features:
- Favorite SF RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Food is creative, beautifully presented and ever so good! I've dined here many times and the food and the service is always great! Perfect for vegetarians and vegans.Special Features:
- Good food, but super slow service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was delicious. However, the service was extremely slow. We sat down at 6.30pm and barely left by 9pm. This was for the preset Saturday menu too, so I couldn't understand why it took so long to bring some salad and boil some ravioli? Anyway, probably won't be back. sorry.Special Features:
- Greens reviewsuzyDined on 9/27/2014Again Greens did not disappoint us. Very creative way to prepare veggies. I didn't even miss the meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!HealthyEatersDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Green's & it was spectacular! We were there for Sunday brunch; I chose the Mesquite grilled brochettes & my fiance chose the pinnacles scramble. Our meals were cooked to perfection & the staff gave excellent service! The restaurant is very clean, super tall ceilings & lots of windows to take in the breathtaking view of SF bay & the golden gate bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian Delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2014Recommend the Stuffed Poblano pepper! and the PuposasSpecial Features:
- Not just for vegetarians...ESP3501VIPDined on 9/26/2014Greens continues to be a serene and scenic place to enjoy a meal, companions, and a spectacular view. It is a respite from the hectic and frenetic restaurants where you can't eat and engage at the same time...Special Features:
- Fabulous as always!DrRickiVIPDined on 9/24/2014I've eaten at Greens on and off for over 25 years. It has only improved with consistent exquisitely fresh and delicious produce, great pizza and pasta, nice moderate priced wine list and lovely, gentle servers. The pacing of the food is rather sophisticated considering the casual atmosphere and the view....well, it is unparalleled! Vegetarian does not mean flavorless here. The spice palate and variation offers something to fit every person's taste. Oh yes, and the desserts! Yum! Best vanilla ice cream ever! and the fruit and berries were perfectly ripe and beautiful to look at before we gobbled it up with delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan or NotsophiaDined on 9/24/2014This is a place to go to! Everything we ordered was delicious and well prepared. The view outstanding, service as great as the view. Relaxing and fun.Special Features:
- Tasty and SatisfyingFoodieKatDined on 9/23/2014Delicious food, beautiful presentation, great service. It's really nice to see the trend of vegetarian food as fine dining take flight.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best vegetarian restaurantMor1Dined on 9/23/2014The ambience is unforgettable - the grey-and-scarlet foggy sunset outside, the lights of SF coming on, the boats of the Marina gently bobbing in the surf...Even if you are not a vegetarian, the food here will change your mind. To find better vegetarian fare you'll have to travel to the Pure Lotus restaurant in Yangshou. China. SF is closer!Special Features:
- VegetariandesireeVIPDined on 9/23/2014Excellent, innovative vegetarian dishes, with a view to boot. Wines are a bit pricey for what you get. But certainly worth a visit.Special Features:
- MaryhDined on 9/23/2014The waiter was very good. The setting was beautiful and food very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than in the 80'sOjaiTravelBugsDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I hadn't been to Greens in about 30 years until we enjoyed Sunday brunch there on a recent trip to San Francisco. You can't beat the view of the Golden Gate Bridge over the boats in the marina, and Greens' location in Fort Mason provides a pleasant place to stroll before or after a meal. We remembered the food from decades ago as good, but uninspired, vegetarian fare. Now it's outstanding. The fresh ingredients, original flavor combinations, and skillful preparation result in dishes that will appeal to all diners, vegetarian or not. If you go for brunch, try the Cornmeal Pancakes with fresh fruit and mascarpone or Polenta Hash with eggs and an avocado salad. Both were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificSFvisitorDined on 9/20/2014Fab fresh interesting food served in a large room with a wall of windows over looking the docks. Especially enjoyed the corn cake appetizer. Service was attentive without pretension.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green's Remains a GemGreattasteDined on 9/20/2014We had another excellent meal at Green's. The food is always imaginatively prepared, and is created chiefly for the palate rather than trying to be a piece of modern art. We've been going there for over 20 years and have rarely been disappointed. If you love delicious, clean, attractive, imaginatively-prepared, full-flavored food and friendly service, this is the place to go --- vegetarian or not!Special Features:
- Amazing!BigRedSCDined on 9/19/2014Everything was scrumptious!!! I enjoyed it thoroughly, and would recommend it to anyone who loves good food, regardless of whether you are a meat eater or not.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014After nearly an hour and a half of MUNI h*** getting there, I managed to have a great dinner with friends, mostly because of the excellent attention from our fabulous waitress.Special Features:
- Wonderful Place to Bring VisitorsalongseaDined on 9/19/2014My in-laws were visiting from Japan and greens was the perfect place to have the whole family meet. Everything was excellent and I would never miss meat if I could eat at Greens for each meal! Just a wonderful experience on all fronts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Vegetarianamf550Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious vegetarian cuisine, with stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge. The staff were friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- #1 place to bring visiting friendsMarinDinerDined on 9/18/2014Greens is great on many levels. From outside in: Easy parking in SF; still interesting interior with art and views and those cool redwood burl carvings. Creative menu- complex with simple fresh ingredients. Limited wine list but one that works exceptionally with the food. We had an amazing and knowledgeable server Laurie who made the experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A five star veggie experienceGalonthegoDined on 9/16/2014Veggies come to life in this beautiful restaurant! A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VegetarianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Greens was recommended to us; although we are not vegeterians we booked a table and did not regret that. The food was very good and we did not miss meat or fish at all. And the view...Special Features:
- Lovely anniversary dinnerUktravellerDined on 9/14/2014We came here for our anniversary. We were given the best table with wonderful views and were very well looked after all evening. A lovely experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted vegan settled for hashHBNEDined on 9/14/2014Was very disappointed that there were virtually no vegan options for brunch. That being said, my whole table ordered the same choice, Polenta Hash, and we all Loved, Loved this meal! The noise level was too much but all Niall, a beautiful view with wonderful artwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and viewsNYMike3Dined on 9/14/2014Absolutely beautiful view of the bay and golden gate. Food is paired perfectly with views. Great service. Polenta hash perfection!Special Features:
- perfect eveningGoodgollyDined on 9/13/2014Lovely evening, food was superb and the ambiance was lovely. Green's restaurant is a perfect place to go for a special occasion. After dinner, enjoy a stroll down the marina and take in the views of the GG Bridge. Doesn't get any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!greenlifejunkieDined on 9/12/2014In a city full of amazing restaurants, Greens is one of our favorites. Nice people, beautiful ambiance, amazing vegetarian food, and a nice list of libations. Perfect for a romantic dinner. Love the view. Especially nice for a slow weekend brunch or lunch. The seasonal menu is always delicious.Special Features:
- Special EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014Took my vegetarian wife and non-veg kids (12 and 9 y/o). Had a delightful dinner with tasty choices for all, and were amazingly satisfied at the end. Also, interesting unique wine list, had a great Pinot from Marin County. Will definitely return soon!Special Features:
- Delicious creative foodFoodchaserDined on 9/12/2014We especially loved the chili poblano - delicious, rich and filling. Friendly, responsive servers who seemed to all enjoy working there and really loved that we had a good time. The desserts were also delicious, with interesting pairings of flavours. Also - you can't go past that view. Boats bobbing on the watet in front of the Golden Gate Bridge. For a special night out eating delicious vegetarian food, I would definitely go back to Greens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I've been wanting to go here for years but every time in San Fran something got in the way. Finally made it and Greens did not disappoint! Can't wait for my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect View and tasty foodJoergDined on 9/7/2014A very special location with perfect view over the bay and Golden Gate Bridge - perfect for sunset. The walk at the bay from San Francisco Fishermans Wharf to the restaurant was a very special moment in our SF visit. I love meat, but this vegetarian restaurant is very good.Special Features:
- Just delicious!!!mmmmDined on 9/7/2014The corn cake appetizer was amazing and the taboulleh/baba ganouj was not far behind. Main courses - chick pea tagine and poblano chili - were as flavorful as any vegetarian dishes we've ever had. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at Green's!! What a positive experience. The food was delicious, different, and beautifully presented. We were there on a Saturday night and it was a prix fix menu. Although the food was wonderful, I would have liked to choose my courses from an extended menu, so we will probably try it again on another night that is not a Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst customer service ever 0 starFelipeADined on 9/6/2014Someone had reccomended me this restaurant for the good customer service. I booked a week in advance and made a very specific request, nobody informed they couldn't fullfil it. When I got there they just said, sorry we can't do that. The food was ok, if I had eaten in a steeet quiosk, would've been better. Never come back and will let my friend who refered me know, so others don't fall in the same mistake. Would give zero stars if available.
- JinPADined on 9/6/2014Great food, great service, great view, reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJD123Dined on 9/5/2014Went to Greens Restaurant for an anniversary dinner - food was great and view was spectacular. Some portion of the dining room were a little bit cramped, but it wasn't a big problem. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- The little RoomsficonladyDined on 9/5/2014We loved our lunch, enthusiastic server, and getting to be in the little room away from the noise/bustle but still had a view. I have been to Greens occasionally over the years (I live 40 miles north of SF). I brought my guests from Scotland and they loved it, even took a photo of their "colorful" veggie lunch. It was my treat, and I was shocked to see that the glass of wine my guests ordered cost $11 each! We had just come from the Buena Vista where a glass of wine was $6.50 - I think that Greens mark up is exorbinant. I will pay for good food, but feel fleeced with the glass of wine charge. Still the food and ambience is well worth a visit to this SF icon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.