Bld. A, Fort Mason
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greensrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4157716222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:45pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday ($58 per person prix fixe menu only): 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch:Saturday 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Annie Somerville
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The entire restaurant may be reserved for a special event with a sit down capacity of 125 people or a standing reception for up to 200 people. Please contact Ashley Pier for details.
A word from Greens Restaurant
While enjoying one of San Francisco's most dramatic views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands, diners savor Chef Annie Somerville’s imaginative vegetarian cuisine that features local seasonal organic produce and the finest ingredients. Greens emphasizes wonderful dishes created with a balance of colors, flavor and a contrast of textures inspired by the cuisines of the Mediterranean, Asia, Mexico and the American Southwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Greens Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio ›
Greens Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
575 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (476)fit for foodies (392)special occasion (308)great for lunch (205)romantic (189)great for brunch (181)good for groups (137)neighborhood gem (134)notable wine list (87)hot spot (58)kid-friendly (50)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My husband and I hardly make it up to the Marina, but made a special trip to Greens for our Anniversary. We waited a few minutes for a window seat to become available. The spectacular view of the Golden Gate Bridge and surroundings was well worth the wait. Dinner was delicious. The service was great. They even brought us vegan (for me) and non-vegan (for him) desserts on the house in honor of our special night. It was a wonderful night. I hope to repeat it next year. Or sooner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014Great scenic view and good service. Food was fabulous. Tasty and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Excellent choice! Was fantastically delicious, service was Great and the atmosphere was comfortable. Most of all the food choices were so wonderful and the dishes we tried were all so delicious and for the most part, a healthy delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced set menu for dinnerkim2014VIPDined on 10/25/2014To my surprise they have a 4 course set menu for dinner, no other options. 60 dollars for what is really a good lunch or normal dinner. First course is bread and olives, that is not what i would call a seperate course. Food was fine but very overpriced! I wont be back for these prices...Special Features:
- I will be back to Greens !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Love his place, really good food and I will be back next time I'm in S.F. 'm not a vegetarian but I am so inspired now about all of the wonderful possibilities! Who needs meat 7 nights a week anymore? Not me!! Not since I went to greens. I am now anxiously waiting the Greens cookbook I ordered on Amazon.Special Features:
- great service and ambiance but..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014The view was awesome and the service attentive but the food was overpriced and not outstanding. Was expecting better from their reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset at GreensnancyDined on 10/25/2014It was a delicious meal in a beautiful setting. Greens never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Greens continues to deliver great tasting food, very nice atmosphere/view, and kind service. It is a wonderful experience AND you walk out feeling wonderful (not overstuffed like lots of restaurants). I am mostly a carnivore but I get a great meal here that is satisfying. The expansive view of the San Francisco Bay and Golden Gate Bridge alone is worth it. Prices are fair for the high quality, great tasting, well-presented food, and nice well-trained servers.Special Features:
- Healthy and GourmetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Wonderful vegetarian food with vegan options. Fresh, healthy options that will please gourmets and locavores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again Greens pleasesHealthyfoodfan13Dined on 10/24/2014Joined a friend who lives abroad and we both loved it. One of the quietest and most scenic in SF. This is gourmet vegetarian so dinners should be prepared for small appetizer plates and prices that reflect quality of produce and care of preparation. I keep going back and have since the 80s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything clicksdeekDined on 10/24/2014service has really stepped up as of late. Used to be very good, now it is friendly as well as thoughtful and efficient. Food is always beyond expectations in creativity, quality and execution. And on a clear day you can see forever, or as far as the bay view will take you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it every time!CleanairgalVIPDined on 10/24/2014I have been going here for more than 12 years and still love it. I have to say the menu keeps getting more varied and creative each year. I took my Mom here for her birthday dinner. She loved it! The view is the best kept secret in San Francisco. Couple that with the food, the wonderful customers service and lively atmosphere and you're in for a very nice night out.Special Features:
- delicious!!PoteauDined on 10/23/2014We had the sampler as per the servers recommendation and everything was so amazing. Yummy jam. Thankfully they brought the free bread to go with it so we could scoop everything up. Amazing for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marygardenVIPDined on 10/23/2014Always enjoy Greens. Food is fresh innovative and delicious. I always feel comfortable there, and of course the view is to die for.Special Features:
- SS2013Dined on 10/23/2014The noise level at Greens is impossible. We like vegetarian food so this is a good spot, though priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2014Great unique vegetarian food. Menu always changing to what's in season. Like to bring visitors when in town.Special Features:
- Always delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014I needed a place to take a vegetarian friend from out of town, and this was perfect. We came for the sunset, had a fantastic view of the marina and Golden Gate, and she loved the food. I have eaten here many times over the years and it is consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualsfnoonaDined on 10/19/2014Always a treat to eat a Greens. Part of our party was late due to marathon traffic but the host/hostess seated us when we were ready quite a bit later than our reservation - really appreciated that!Special Features:
- DebbieDined on 10/19/2014I've always loved the food at Greens. This time though the service wasn't very good. Not that our waiter didn't get us all we ordered, but i felt like he wanted to be somewhere else, but working at Greens that day. Not engaging, not friendly.Special Features:
- Simply FantasticLivinTheDreamDined on 10/18/2014The consistent creativity and absolute wonderful food make this one of my favorite restaurants. The Saturday night menu was superb and the accommodations made for the vegans in our group was service and hospitality at its finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greens RestaurantBlackbirdflyDined on 10/18/2014It's been 20 years since my husband and I last ate at Greens. Now that we live on the West Coast, we look forward to eating there more often! It would be difficult to find a more beautiful location with it's high beamed ceiling and large windows overlooking the marina with the sun shining through. My husband in not vegetarian, but he really loved our lunch. I am vegetarian and Greens is one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greens is the best brunchTKNYDined on 10/18/2014Fabulous food with a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge. I can't think of another brunch I have enjoyed more than Greens. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Limiting FactorNearMagicDined on 10/17/2014Once one crosses out all the alternatives containing cilantro, there are not many choices left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm-fresh Prepared BeautifullyBITPDined on 10/17/2014I love to dine at Greens. From the moment I am greeted by the glorious seasonal floral arrangement to the last bite of dessert, I am always surprised and delighted. The setting with the view of the SF Bay, the yachts, and the Golden Gate Bridge is a feast for the eyes and the innovative presentation of consciously raised ingredients a feast for the palette. I particularly enjoyed the pupusas, the fire roasted poblano chili filled with and assortment of delicious ingredients, and the coconut rice pudding. While I love the food at Greens, I also appreciate the attentive--but never rushed--service, the spacious room with open seating, and the comfortable atmosphere. Dining at Greens always feels special, but never fussy or pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing VegetarianPatrick1Dined on 10/17/2014There were 3 of us and we all ordered different 3 courses. The description of the food was mouthwatering. The main ingredients were fresh and should have been easy to enhance. The primary flavor in some dishes was "hot" seasoning buffered by avocado or sour cream. This is common and not creative. The skewers of vegetables were covered in a spicy green sauce and accompanied by bland rice mixture. The skewers had mushroom, tofu, onion and corn still on the cob. What the veggies were was irrelevant because they all tasted like the spicy sauce. The green curry was bland. The bread was hard and cold. The deserts could have been from any bakery, not creative. Green's is not a unique and likely stays in business because of it's history.Special Features:
- Delicious & Delightful, as usualVeggieLoversDined on 10/17/2014Once again, the service was outstanding, the food was totally yummy and the view was enchanting.Special Features:
- OutstandingElSeeDined on 10/15/2014Greens is a special place. Excellent food, pleasant service, wonderful view, fairly priced. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great for Vegetarian and VegansGourmeurDined on 10/15/2014Even if you are not vegetarian or vegan, you will enjoy this food. It's interesting, innovative and very tasty. It never fails to surprise us how good vegetarian food can be! Although no outdoor seating, the restaurant has large windows and the view is spectacular. Worth the trip to the Marina!Special Features:
- Good as advertisedJtron9kDined on 10/11/2014Great but not amazing food, wonderful staff, and an amazing view of the bay. It loses points for an inconvenient location and a less than stellar value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price!lacklusterDined on 10/11/2014The view was great (in part because I was lucky enough to get a table right against the window during sunset). The food was OK, but nothing special, certainly nothing to justify the price. $24 for two cocktails, $9.00 for two iced teas, $55 per person for some vegetables. Add it all up and the bill was $170 for two people for a meal that was just not that great. $170 elsewhere would have been spectacular. Service was slow but very polite.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food!healthyeaterDined on 10/11/2014Celebrated my BDay at Greens. We had a great view of the Fleet Week air show. The food was excellent!!Special Features:
- OutstandingBuzzDined on 10/10/2014It was everything that we were expecting after purchasing the cookbook and doing a couple of the dishes. A great step away from your everyday foods and so outstanding!Special Features:
- Vegetarian oasisEffW2Dined on 10/9/2014As a vegetarian I find great difficulty with very limited choices on most menus, so it was a great experience to have absolute freedom of choice in Greens. All the staff were very helpful and friendly, from the welcome to arranging a taxi. From the food point of view, everything was very fresh and appetising and flavours were outstanding. The serving staff were extremely friendly and took time to show an interest in us as visitors. Great ambiance in the large space but quite high noise levels although not an issue. I find wine list prices generally high in San Francisco, perhaps double European levels for similar quality so a half bottle sufficed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative vegetarianChicoEatsDined on 10/9/2014The vegetarian fare here is original and delicious enough to satisfy carnivores The ambiance was great. We had a table looking out over the bay. Our only thumbs down was the bread in the bread basket was tough and chewy and not very flavorful. They could do better on this. We would definitely go back, however, despite the bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014We used this place for a small private business dinner. The place was perfect, service was great. We'll definitely use them again.Special Features:
- 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊DougEfreshDined on 10/8/2014Food was great!!! I brought a meat eating friend from WI, who ask well what will I eat? She had linguine and a few bites if other stuff. She loved it. It's simply a spectacular spot to enjoy a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday feastPoppyVIPDined on 10/7/2014We eat a plant based diet so Green's has long been on our short list of SF faves, but our birthday celebration dinner really exceeded our already high expectations. There was a lovely view of the setting sun behind clouds and the Golden Gate, but it was the food that stirred the soul. My husband had the poblano pepper stuffed with all kinds of spicy veggies and I had a garbanzo bean and potato stew with Harissa. Meat eaters, fear not. You will be satisfied on every level. We added an Almond strawberry cake with strawberry sorbet for dessert.We were initially disappointed not to have scored a waterside table after requesting one in advance, but our redwood table was cozy and had a fine view too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Coast to West Coast SupremegogreenDined on 10/7/2014I had a friend visiting from Washington DC, who was staying at the Inn at the Presidio. We had a day together of wandering the Presidio, then to Greens for lunch, followed by a stroll along Crissy Field. She - as did I- marveled at the food - its presentation and its flavors.Special Features:
- Awesome and superbLuv2dineDined on 10/5/2014On our trip around California Greens was by far the best restaurant we visited. As a vegetarian it is rare to get so much choice and everything on offer was superb. Attentive and friendly waiting staff; good quality produce; good wine selection; wonderful choices; the list goes on. Just wish it was a bit closer to home!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and InterestingSupernaniumDined on 10/5/2014Interesting and imaginative vegetarian cuisine. Great views of bay and Golden Gate.Special Features: