Bld. A, Fort Mason
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greensrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (415) 771-6222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:45pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday ($58 per person prix fixe menu only): 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch:Saturday 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Annie Somerville
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The entire restaurant may be reserved for a special event with a sit down capacity of 125 people or a standing reception for up to 200 people. Please contact Ashley Pier for details.
A word from Greens Restaurant
While enjoying one of San Francisco's most dramatic views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands, diners savor Chef Annie Somerville’s imaginative vegetarian cuisine that features local seasonal organic produce and the finest ingredients. Greens emphasizes wonderful dishes created with a balance of colors, flavor and a contrast of textures inspired by the cuisines of the Mediterranean, Asia, Mexico and the American Southwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Greens Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio ›
Greens Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
557 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (451)fit for foodies (392)special occasion (291)great for lunch (199)romantic (183)great for brunch (165)neighborhood gem (136)good for groups (132)notable wine list (77)hot spot (57)kid-friendly (42)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Amazing food and viewsjonesdljsfVIPDined on 11/23/2014Had heard a lot about Greens the past few years, but had never been there before. It's often too busy on the weekends to get in. However, we made a reservation and tried it this past weekend. It was worth the wait! The menu is very unique with combinations of items you wouldn't normally think of, but they really great. I did the poached egg items with squash, etc and it was terrific. Other's at the table tried the pupusa and that were excellent, as well. Highly recommend that you have to try this place and doing it on Sunday with the Farmers Market right outside the door is a perfect combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, but mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/20/2014Took my parents here from out of town. Service was great, however, we were very underwhelmed with the seasoning of all the food we ate. The butternut squash pizza really didn't taste like anything. A touch of seasoning would have gone a long way. Everything else we ate was just meh. We did love the ambience though. Just would love to see the food taste elevated. Quality of food seemed great, just missing something special in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Wonderful VEGAN food.AnoelllDined on 11/18/2014Wonderful VEGAN food. One of my very favorite restaurants. I feel that I am eating very healthfully when I am there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedNat1234VIPDined on 11/16/2014I had come here some years ago and looks like the restaurant has gone downhill. We were waiting for about 5 minutes before we had anyone come to the table to greet us and offer us drinks. The food was mediocre and the presentation of the red curry dish was not impressive.Special Features:
- Scenic Green'sFioriDined on 11/16/2014A very good brunch made with the best organic ingredients. Combined with the beautiful view, Green's is always a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would like to KvellGMOGottagoDined on 11/15/2014I would so like to recommend this beautiful restaurant with even more enthusiasm than I felt after eating there. Dreamily located the SF Fort Mason pier, it was conveniently near the Greens Festival where my husband, a food safety attorney, gave a talk on Nov 16th. Greens tries very hard, and in many ways excels, at being the health food diner's safe spot for healthful cuisine. The menu choices are creative, the wait staff is excellent, and it is such a lovely space in which to dine. We enjoyed the food we ate. Not much in the way of gluten free desserts, mind you! Yet, it seems to be a little vague about its commitment to being organic/GMO free. Why, for instance, does the online menu not actually say that the food is organic, yet the website 'About Greens' section boasts that its produce is sourced from an organic farm. Why did our very nice waiter have to ask the kitchen about the oils used? Why did we have to ask him what was organic? Should this info not just be common knowledge restaurant wide. Better yet, could this restaurant not be more bold, and perhaps more consistent (if needed) about being GMO-free and organic and make me, and other health foodies of my kind, completely trust Greens as a restaurant most worthy of its name?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has service has gone down hill and the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014Server was ditsy, came to our table to verify our order twice. Long wait, 40 minutes for food. Sat at 1pm. Server seemed confused. Kitchen slow.Special Features:
- No parking, overpriced, didn't love the food.DebCDined on 11/15/2014There was a huge event or two at Ft Mason and a beautiful day in SF so the whole world was at Crissy Field etc. Searched for parking for over 45 minutes w/ my party waiting for me stressed out in the restaurant. Finally took the food to go. They were very worried about it at the restaurant. And it was 1/2 empty because ppl couldn't park. We came in from Marin and didn't have time for bus not did we know it would be impossible to park. We took the food and sat in a windy, cold park and ate. I didn't really like mine and my son was hungry still after. They were kind enough to give us a dessert but to one we liked. I've eaten at Greens off and on over the years and it's one of my guests favorites, but I can't really recommend it. I called to see if we could move the time back 15 mins earlier in the morning and that would have been a great time to tell us parking was going to be impossible and I could have parked in a garage and walked over etc. Need to coordinate w/ Ft Mason and let ppl know to take transit and plan when the whole venue is going to be sold out. Also lovely SF has sold a bunch of spots as permitted parking only now where you used to be able to park at the Marina and Crissy Field which were mostly empty. This is all not really Green's fault but still, bad experience. And Green's is over priced for what you get. The one thing that was to die for was the pizza w/ squash etc.
- A vegetarian superstarVegangourmandiserDined on 11/11/2014The best vegan and vegetarian food I've eaten in the USA, and, almost, the world! Excellent vegan choices, well balanced, yet intriguing flavors, with a uniquely South American twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greens Always PleasesMizKatzVIPDined on 11/11/2014NOTE: Very peaceful & quiet this survey didn't allow that to be noted. I take every opportunity to dine at Greens. The food and service are tops, as usual. My sister & I shared an order of pupusas -- !!excellent!! -- and since there were two of us and the pupusas are silver-dollar size, it would have been nice if one order had been for 4 instead of just 3...they were THAT good! I had the divine!! goat cheese & butternut squash pizza. I forgot that there were walnuts on it, so failed to ask for them to be left out of the composition. My sister had the broccoli soup and a side of polenta. We shared the snickerdoodle ice cream sandwich...perfect end to a satisfying meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before Magic TheatreFoodieinvernessDined on 11/11/2014This s a great place to come for dinner before going to the Magic Theatre. The food is always top notch and the service excellent. Nice variety on the wine list. The meyer lemon ice cream sandwich was truly memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian FareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2014Excellent gourmet vegetarian food. It is a pleasure to not have to peruse a menu looking for the vegetarian options! The view is spectacular and the noise level enables conversation.Special Features:
- Greens, as good as ever!AlanVIPDined on 11/9/2014Hadn't been in a number of years, but it was as good as ever, and the food was as creative as ever...! We simply love the creative way food is created and presented here. And the service was most attentive and thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2014Hadn't been to Green's in a decade and was pleased to find the food still excellent and the atmosphere still fun.Special Features:
- Good but not greatPrashanthVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great location, but food was ok, we are vegetatarians and so was great that we could eat anything on the menu. Felt healthy, but portions were small and taste was just ok,and nothing creative. Now I can say been there done that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Brunch SpotReenaVIPDined on 11/9/2014One of my favorite restaurants. I like the setting and the food speaks more for itself than review than I can write. Every single time I come here with friends or family, I always (every single time) have fantastic food that is creative and flavorful. Often we associate vegetarian restaurants with lacking something, meat, flavor, etc. but when you dine at greens, you feel full, happy, and healthy and I'm not even vegetarian. Great place to eat!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Wonderful experience. Gracious, friendly service. Lovely environment. Food was delicious!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014Beautiful view and yummy food BUT had to wait a whole hour for our food for a table of two!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining Every TimeJaelDined on 11/9/2014We love the consistently great food and variety of options on the menu. Location is beautiful and you can enjoy a great walk before and/or after your meal. Good for couples, families or groups and kids willingly eat their vegetables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great veggie food, lovely ambienceFluffychuffyDined on 11/8/2014We had a delicious dinner at Greens on a Saturday evening - really good 4 course menu - nibbles to start - olives, bread and cheese then a choice of starters, mains and puddings - all which sounded delicious. There was a really good selection and some really inventive cooking - I cant praise it highly enough. Also matched wines, which we didn't have, if you want and a few cocktails, beers and soft drinks - all which were lovely. My partner asked for a beer and one was duly recommended, and was exactly what my partner wanted - I had a prosecco - very dry and cold - prefect. The ambience is great as it is soft candle light and a lovely view out to the water so perfect for romance or a group of friends - just a great relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharonVIPDined on 11/8/2014The delicata squash entree with Indian spices was fabulous as was the raspberry-ginger tart dessert. I thought the Pre-fixe menu, however, was overpriced at $58. Adding one glass of wine each, tip, and gratuity our dinner for two was $184.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even non-vegetarians will love itCaliDadDined on 11/8/2014Fantastic meal! Had the soup and quinoa app. Both excellent. Entree was mushroom ravioli and Mexican squash. Very flavorful and filling. Flour less chocolate torte was the perfect finish. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulnapesterVIPDined on 11/8/2014Loved everything I ordered! The service was lovely, and wine and food divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greens is always great!HelenaDined on 11/8/2014The high quality of your produce always translates into a superb dining experience! Thanks to you all! helenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/6/2014The food was amazing, but terrible service. Our entrees took an hour to come out. The staff was not attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy dishes and awesome viewolivisDined on 11/6/2014great food prepared with delicate balance of texture and flavor. clean and classy. great location with view of golden gate bridge and no parking problem. a stroke at nearby meadow before or after makes a perfect date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food is StunningGARYRDined on 11/5/2014Fresh...and brilliant blend of taste, flavors and smells.Special Features:
- My favoritehungreythanksDined on 11/5/2014Still one of my favorite places to eat after all theses years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSlowPokeDined on 11/4/2014Having been a customer of Green's for many years, this visit I felt the food, overall, uninspired. I hated the pile of tasteless grains with my dry Brochettes meal, and the slaw was way too spicy for me. The grains/slaw part of the plate wasn't attractive in any way. A friend ordered the linguini, and thought it was tasteless. Another friend ordered the pizza. She shared it with me, and that salvaged the entrée portion of the meal for me. I loved that pizza. We ordered 2 desserts to share, and our server was wonderful about making the cookie substitution I requested. ... An old-friends' get-together, we were not hurried at all by Green's staff.Special Features:
- Always amazing.AurosDined on 11/2/2014Excellent meal, not that I'd expect any different. The cauliflower-quinoa griddle cakes (appetizer) were a highlight. Desserts were excellent, too.Special Features:
- Vegans rejoiceFranklySpeaking94556Dined on 11/2/2014this remains the premier restaurant with those maintain a vegetarian diet. Food is terrific and the atmosphere unprecedented. We brought guests from New York City who were a couple not easily impressed. After dinner, they rave about our choice of restaurants. There's always something on the menu for the carnivores so no complaints here. A wonderful dining experience after nearly 20 years since our last visit. Amazing that the restaurant has maintained its style and excellence throughout. A San Francisco treasure for sure!
- Disappointing given reputationgourmetgrannyDined on 11/1/2014I had never been to Greens but certainly knew its reputation as one of the first great vegetarian restaurants. This was a special occasion meal for my guest's birthday. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. That was the last prompt interaction of the evening. The room was not crowded for a Saturday but there was a large party in the back room and that may have had something to do with the generally slow service. We were in no hurry and really didn't mind the wait but did feel neglected. The dishes were from the prix fixe menu. While the ingredients showed imaginative combinations not everything worked that well. The pears in my salad were unpleasantly mushy. My squash curry entree was bland. I've had better at MillenniumSpecial Features:
- Out of state guest with guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Everything was outstanding and the view was incredible. Would definitely make a point of going there when we are in town again!Special Features:
- Still the greatestLouisJaffeDined on 11/1/2014Greens remains a true original. The food and ambiance under chef Annie Somerville have been remarkably consistent for decades. I've been a satisfied client for 25 years.Special Features:
- OutstandingrhintonDined on 10/31/2014Been going for years and sometimes like the food better than others. This time it was outstanding: fresh, flavorful, interesting combinations and all vegetarian. Service was warm, friendly and knowledgable. We wanted to linger and it was fine with them.Special Features:
- Always excellentBertDined on 10/30/2014Been there many times. It's our go to place when showing friends the Bay Area. This time we rented bikes at Fishermans wharf and stopped at Greens on our way to the GG Bridge. It's excellent vegetarian food,but carnivores are always equally impressed, beautiful view, hip vibe.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerEeekDined on 10/26/2014My husband and I hardly make it up to the Marina, but made a special trip to Greens for our Anniversary. We waited a few minutes for a window seat to become available. The spectacular view of the Golden Gate Bridge and surroundings was well worth the wait. Dinner was delicious. The service was great. They even brought us vegan (for me) and non-vegan (for him) desserts on the house in honor of our special night. It was a wonderful night. I hope to repeat it next year. Or sooner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic viewLLlove2dineDined on 10/26/2014Great scenic view and good service. Food was fabulous. Tasty and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMarieDined on 10/26/2014Excellent choice! Was fantastically delicious, service was Great and the atmosphere was comfortable. Most of all the food choices were so wonderful and the dishes we tried were all so delicious and for the most part, a healthy delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced set menu for dinnerkim2014VIPDined on 10/25/2014To my surprise they have a 4 course set menu for dinner, no other options. 60 dollars for what is really a good lunch or normal dinner. First course is bread and olives, that is not what i would call a seperate course. Food was fine but very overpriced! I wont be back for these prices...Special Features: