Bld. A, Fort Mason
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greensrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4157716222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:45pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday ($58 per person prix fixe menu only): 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch:Saturday 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Annie Somerville
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The entire restaurant may be reserved for a special event with a sit down capacity of 125 people or a standing reception for up to 200 people. Please contact Ashley Pier for details.
A word from Greens Restaurant
While enjoying one of San Francisco's most dramatic views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands, diners savor Chef Annie Somerville’s imaginative vegetarian cuisine that features local seasonal organic produce and the finest ingredients. Greens emphasizes wonderful dishes created with a balance of colors, flavor and a contrast of textures inspired by the cuisines of the Mediterranean, Asia, Mexico and the American Southwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Greens Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio ›
Greens Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
578 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (489)fit for foodies (381)special occasion (303)great for lunch (201)romantic (199)great for brunch (194)neighborhood gem (131)good for groups (130)notable wine list (85)kid-friendly (53)hot spot (48)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014After nearly an hour and a half of MUNI h*** getting there, I managed to have a great dinner with friends, mostly because of the excellent attention from our fabulous waitress.Special Features:
- Excellent Vegetarianamf550Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious vegetarian cuisine, with stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge. The staff were friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- #1 place to bring visiting friendsMarinDinerDined on 9/18/2014Greens is great on many levels. From outside in: Easy parking in SF; still interesting interior with art and views and those cool redwood burl carvings. Creative menu- complex with simple fresh ingredients. Limited wine list but one that works exceptionally with the food. We had an amazing and knowledgeable server Laurie who made the experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A five star veggie experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Veggies come to life in this beautiful restaurant! A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely anniversary dinnerUktravellerDined on 9/14/2014We came here for our anniversary. We were given the best table with wonderful views and were very well looked after all evening. A lovely experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted vegan settled for hashHBNEDined on 9/14/2014Was very disappointed that there were virtually no vegan options for brunch. That being said, my whole table ordered the same choice, Polenta Hash, and we all Loved, Loved this meal! The noise level was too much but all Niall, a beautiful view with wonderful artwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and viewsNYMike3Dined on 9/14/2014Absolutely beautiful view of the bay and golden gate. Food is paired perfectly with views. Great service. Polenta hash perfection!Special Features:
- perfect eveningGoodgollyDined on 9/13/2014Lovely evening, food was superb and the ambiance was lovely. Green's restaurant is a perfect place to go for a special occasion. After dinner, enjoy a stroll down the marina and take in the views of the GG Bridge. Doesn't get any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!greenlifejunkieDined on 9/12/2014In a city full of amazing restaurants, Greens is one of our favorites. Nice people, beautiful ambiance, amazing vegetarian food, and a nice list of libations. Perfect for a romantic dinner. Love the view. Especially nice for a slow weekend brunch or lunch. The seasonal menu is always delicious.Special Features:
- Special EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014Took my vegetarian wife and non-veg kids (12 and 9 y/o). Had a delightful dinner with tasty choices for all, and were amazingly satisfied at the end. Also, interesting unique wine list, had a great Pinot from Marin County. Will definitely return soon!Special Features:
- Delicious creative foodFoodchaserDined on 9/12/2014We especially loved the chili poblano - delicious, rich and filling. Friendly, responsive servers who seemed to all enjoy working there and really loved that we had a good time. The desserts were also delicious, with interesting pairings of flavours. Also - you can't go past that view. Boats bobbing on the watet in front of the Golden Gate Bridge. For a special night out eating delicious vegetarian food, I would definitely go back to Greens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I've been wanting to go here for years but every time in San Fran something got in the way. Finally made it and Greens did not disappoint! Can't wait for my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect View and tasty foodJoergDined on 9/7/2014A very special location with perfect view over the bay and Golden Gate Bridge - perfect for sunset. The walk at the bay from San Francisco Fishermans Wharf to the restaurant was a very special moment in our SF visit. I love meat, but this vegetarian restaurant is very good.Special Features:
- Just delicious!!!mmmmDined on 9/7/2014The corn cake appetizer was amazing and the taboulleh/baba ganouj was not far behind. Main courses - chick pea tagine and poblano chili - were as flavorful as any vegetarian dishes we've ever had. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at Green's!! What a positive experience. The food was delicious, different, and beautifully presented. We were there on a Saturday night and it was a prix fix menu. Although the food was wonderful, I would have liked to choose my courses from an extended menu, so we will probably try it again on another night that is not a Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst customer service ever 0 starFelipeADined on 9/6/2014Someone had reccomended me this restaurant for the good customer service. I booked a week in advance and made a very specific request, nobody informed they couldn't fullfil it. When I got there they just said, sorry we can't do that. The food was ok, if I had eaten in a steeet quiosk, would've been better. Never come back and will let my friend who refered me know, so others don't fall in the same mistake. Would give zero stars if available.
- JinPADined on 9/6/2014Great food, great service, great view, reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJD123Dined on 9/5/2014Went to Greens Restaurant for an anniversary dinner - food was great and view was spectacular. Some portion of the dining room were a little bit cramped, but it wasn't a big problem. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- The little RoomsficonladyDined on 9/5/2014We loved our lunch, enthusiastic server, and getting to be in the little room away from the noise/bustle but still had a view. I have been to Greens occasionally over the years (I live 40 miles north of SF). I brought my guests from Scotland and they loved it, even took a photo of their "colorful" veggie lunch. It was my treat, and I was shocked to see that the glass of wine my guests ordered cost $11 each! We had just come from the Buena Vista where a glass of wine was $6.50 - I think that Greens mark up is exorbinant. I will pay for good food, but feel fleeced with the glass of wine charge. Still the food and ambience is well worth a visit to this SF icon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysAnonymousDined on 9/4/2014I could eat those grilled peaches every day and I was surprised by how good the combination was of the gratin on the chick pea terrine. Delicious. Friendly, professional service as usual.
- Vegetarian GourmetLolaDined on 9/4/2014Greens never disappoints. It has maintained high quality, innovative, fresh vegetarian cuisine in a pleasant setting for many years now without losing it's edge. Keep it going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegetarian masterpieceroxwordDined on 9/4/2014Love this restaurant: wonderful menu choices, fresh farm-to-table food expertly prepared, pleasing to eye and palette. High ceilings, beautiful wood, and historic marina setting set the ambience for a memorable meal. Even the service is balanced to perfection. Bravo Greens!Special Features:
- Too expensiveSosadthistimeDined on 9/4/2014The atmosphere is wonderful with such a beautiful view of the bay. The service was very good. The food was tasty but the portions were small. I thought everything was overpriced. We had 3 people in our party and each had one glass of wine and an appetizer , entree and dessert. Our bill was over $200. It is a lot of money for vegetables and fruit!! Middle class folks can't afford this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing0mnivoreDined on 9/3/2014I've eaten at this previously fabulous vegetarian place many times. This dinner was bad. The Chili was OK, carrot-leek soup was tasteless, yellow curry was barely edible and vegetables in it were overcooked and underseasoned. Polenta side dish was inedible. Service was there if they happened to pass by and we could stop them. It was noisy. It was expensive. Parking is generally available at night but parking meters go until 11pm. Overall, a shocking departure from past experiences. Everything was bland with an emphasis on vegetable mush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014Great food, fantastic service, noisy, , , , but ll the great food, service and views make up for that, , ,Special Features:
- Greens for lunch -weekdaySMReviewsDined on 9/3/2014I have been a fan of Greens for many years, going there with out of town guests. The views of the GG Bridge and Bay are spectacular. I love the cookbooks and own Fields of Greens and Everyday Greens. On this visit, the restaurant was very busy so not feeling as intimate as I had remembered. The food was good but not great. Not as innovative or interesting as I recall. I had the soft tacos, which really weren't that flavorful. The spring roll appetizer was good as was the peanut sauce. Fresh but nothing that exciting from a flavor standpoint. The mushroom garnish with the spring rolls was really noteworthy, however, with a wonderful, complimentary vinegar marinade. Overall, a little disappointing based on expectations and prior experience.Special Features:
- Great food but too noisyJoePDined on 9/3/2014I enjoyed the eggplant sandwich and the service was very good but I was there to have a conversation with one other person and I could hardly hear her because there was so much background noise. I'm sorry, but I won't go there for a lunch meeting again because of the noise. They need to fix that because the location is beautiful and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudithJudrahDined on 9/3/2014Obviously I am a great fan of Greens. I've never been disappointed. Always a special treat and good place for catching up with friends.Special Features:
- RCB1VIPDined on 9/1/2014After initial long delay to take our order about which I complained service was good. Food had great flavoursSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veggieDined on 9/1/2014unfortunately, our table was sticky and the flies were in abundance. it did not make for a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014My wife is a vegetarian and I am not. Both of us had a fantastic meal. I normally don't like vegetables but they were wonderful. I was terrified I would be eating a second dinner afterwards but was very wrong. Loved the food and lives the atmosphere. Also my wife was thrilled with the food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and viewleafgirl99Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I had our 25th wedding anniversary dinner at Greens towards the end of the day. We had made a reservation and requested seating near the windows overlooking the marina and bay. They were not able to put us directly by the window but did the next best thing. The food was excellent, just the right amount, and served at the right pace. They are so inventive with their produce combinations and sauces. Highly recommend, even if you are not a vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place.becky22Dined on 8/30/2014I've been here a few times over the years and have never been disappointed. Everything is somehow much more delicious than I ever thought possible. I had some amazingly good biscuits, a fantastic breakfast scramble, and there is a lovely view of the water.Special Features:
- A Memorable 5 Star Experience!4theJourneyDined on 8/29/2014I found Greens to be a 5 star experience for me and our party -- for service, food and atmosphere. We arrived just when the sun was setting behind the Golden Gate Bridge -- in full view through those floor-to-ceiling windows. Quite spectacular. The food was fresh, beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. The atmosphere was so pretty -- this magnificent piece of burlwood takes your breath away at the entrance, the whole side of the restaurant opens up to the marina and the GG Bridge and the interior is very warm and inviting. I also liked that there is not a bad seat in the house as the view is enjoyed by all no matter where you sit. Thank you for this memorable experience. I will be back!Special Features:
- MagicBribriDined on 8/29/2014We had a woderful meal of the late summers bounty . Sunset was an ecpxpwroance .Special Features:
- Healthy food with great viewWineSQNDined on 8/28/2014Greens at Fort Mason does not only have a fantastice view on Golden Gate Bridge. The food was fantastic, service very good! Highly recommended to everybody who appreciates vegetarian food. Very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreensLiveSushiBarDined on 8/28/2014Greens shows that vegetarian isn't synonymous with boring! Run by the Zen Center of San Francisco, they specialize in using fresh and seasonal fruits and vegetables, some of which is grown on their farm in Olema. I am never disappointed when I eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDigitalmamaDined on 8/28/2014Greens is always fresh, delightful, delicious, charming. Even my friends who are professed non-vegetarians love it.Special Features:
- best curry ever, hands downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Food was terrific. The neighborhood is a little odd--it feels like you are heading somewhere abandoned. But once there, the place is alive with people and activity inside. Never had a better curry--outstanding subtle notes. The view is spectacular and the restaurant itself is quite beautiful and spacious and airy. Service very professional, friendly but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My San Francisco FavoriteluvgoodfoodDined on 8/26/2014Greens Restaurant is my favorite SF restaurant and one of the most impressive places to take friends from out of state or country. The meals are always delicious and the atmosphere insures a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.