Greenbriar Inn, The
8735 N. Foothills Hwy
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Greenbriar Inn, The
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.greenbriarinn.com/
- Phone: 3034407979
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Bar & Patio Menu Tuesday - Sunday 5pm to close; Happy Hour Tuesday - Sunday 5pm-7pm; Champagne Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Matt Ochs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private dining rooms as well as two outdoor garden patios and can accommodate weddings, business functions, and events from 10 to 300.
- Private Party Contact: Emma Goddard 3034407979
A word from Greenbriar Inn, The
Opened in 1967, The Greenbriar Inn is an elegant restaurant, tavern and private event space located in the north Boulder countryside and nestled at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. The surrounding 20 acres features two ponds, striking woodland, and thriving vegetable, fruit, and flower gardens. The cuisine focuses on seasonal, American classics and is complimented by a 1200 label award-winning wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Greenbriar Inn, The - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Greenbriar Inn, The reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (44)great for brunch (34)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (25)great for outdoor dining (22)scenic view (22)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- theRomeosphoneguysDined on 7/20/2014A group of retirees get together for brunch every Christmas and decided to also meet in July. We have spent 8 or 9 visits here and all have had wonderful food. The selection is wonderful! The fruit, cheese and salad table is beautifully prepared. The ease of the banquet line serving from both sides eliminates long lines and moves quickly. The bread pudding with the vanilla crème sauce is my personal favorite!Special Features:
- Great place to dinerandy942Dined on 7/17/2014We had the garden harvest dinner and it was perfect. Each dish was perfectly prepared and served. We ate outdoors and the traffic noise was quite loud, but the garden surroundings were very relaxing. The staff was very attentive and friendly. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Boulder's bestPSmurfVIPDined on 7/17/2014Went for their Garden Harvest Dinner this time. A fabulous pre-fix meal of five courses, each one better than the last. The crab-stuffed squash blossom starter was unique, beautiful and delicious. Service, as usual, was attentive, personable and knowledgable. Had a well-chosen rose wine from Provence with our striped bass. We always leave Greenbriar with a "life is good" feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harvest Dinner was wonderfulJKL16Dined on 7/17/2014The Greenbriar Inn has an extensive garden where they grow fresh produce for use in their restaurant. Each summer they host Harvest Dinners where they incorporate many of their fruits and vegetables into a special meal. My husband and I attended July's Harvest dinner on July 17. The meal is a prix fixe with a choice of entree. A cocktail (incorporating raspberries this time) is included. This meal started with a squash blossom stuffed with crab and tomatoes and finished with crepes with fresh peaches and cherries stuffed with vanilla mouse - they need to add that to the permanent menu. My risotto with squash, tomatoes and basil pesto was fabulous, and my husband loved his strip steak with fresh veggies. This is a must-try restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit DisappointedDisappointedDined on 7/3/2014This was our second time dining with a group of friends/family but the service was so-so.Special Features:
- Nickel and Dimed for Okay FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/29/2014We have loved brunch at the Greenbriar for many years. Our most recent experience was terribly disappointing, and it will be a long time before we will be back. After paying an additional $9 per person for the champagne brunch, we were told that we had to pay another $8 to get orange juice--for two people. We paid an additional $4 for the kids to have bottomless sparkling cider. I had no problem paying extra for the champagne, but the rest was absurd. That said, all would have been forgiven if the food had been great. Sadly, most was far from it. The potatoes were terrible. The bacon was largely over cooked. The eggs benedict were significantly underdone. Fruits and vegetables were scarce. An all around disappointing experience.
- We had a wonderful brunch!RennieDined on 6/29/2014We were a party of 8 for brunch. We sat and talked for quite awhile and we were never rushed and the staff was so friendly. We have gone several times for brunch and dinner and the food and service is always outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned After a 4 Year AbsenceJohnDined on 6/29/2014We moved from the Boulder area 4 years ago when we retired. When we had to return for a wedding, our first thought was the champagne brunch. We were not disappointed. The food was great, the service fast, and the desserts over the top. We will return the next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HistoryoldboulderDined on 6/27/2014The Greenbrier has been consistent/wonderful for the thirty years we have been going there. It is a wonderful experience every time.Special Features:
- One of Boulder's finest!PSmurfVIPDined on 6/27/2014Whether you want an elegant, special meal in the dining room, a casual dinner in the bar area, or the bistro menu outside under the trees, it's all at this charming Inn just north of town. Serene surroundings, excellent service, one of the best wine lists in town and a diverse menu make the slightly higher than average cost well worth it. The caesar salad, made from scratch table-side, is the best to be found anywhere. Likewise the table-side steak tartare. The mussels appetizer is large, and the sauce is worth sponging up to the last drop. We have never been disappointed here, and will be back soon.Special Features:
- ExcellentShaffDined on 6/26/2014Went here for our one year anniversary. The place couldn't have been a better place from the service to the food The Greenbriar truly gave us a top notch dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We had a party of four for dinner. We found the restaurant to be Outstanding. Food was an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buckVIPDined on 6/20/2014Beautiful setting. Food was good but not spectacular. Service was slow. Need to update the decor. Has real potential to be very special but too many excellent qualities missing. They are now more geared toward wedding receptions than fine dining.
- Short of ExpectationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Food was good. Being Father's Day it was somewhat crowded. I was not impressed with the service. Requests for coffee and tea had to be repeated. Based on reputation I had high expectations when I chose the Greenbriar Inn to celebrate our 40+ anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014This was our first time at Greenbriar. We celebrated Father's Day and loved everything about this restaurant. The food was outstanding...every dish on the buffet delicous, but far and away my fav were the Muscles. Wonderful atmosphere and service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Don't Go On A Holidaydining4meDined on 6/15/2014I have been to the Greenbriar many times. I really enjoy it but we recently went on Father's Day and we had to wait over a half an hour even with reservations and then it took a while to get our drinks,etc. We were a large party and were seated along the wall so half of our party couldn't get out until the rest of our party got out first...very frustrating. My suggestion would be to go on a nice quiet Sunday for a more peaceful and enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Father's Day Brunch 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014This was my 1st time dining at the Greenbriar Inn. I was unaware that the restaurant was so far outside of Boulder, although I didn't have a problem with the drive some of the older people in our group did. We were seated inside by the buffet which was convenient, the lines moved quickly and drinks were served promptly. I was disappointed with the size of the buffet considering the price as there was only about 5-6 trays for breakfast and an additional 5-6 for lunch and it was all in the middle of the one room. I'm not sure if I'd make the drive again but overall it was a nice day. I will say that the grounds are immaculate and I can see why it's such a big wedding venue, simply stunning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014It was fabulous, as usual! Even though I have returned to my mostly vegetarian diet, there is plenty to enjoy there!Special Features:
- Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014It was our wedding anniversary on Friday the 13. Great evening we will always remember, great food,drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitstaff RushKindofbummedDined on 6/8/2014I didn't get our waiters name but he was horrible. He would only fill our coffee cups halfway and then would dribble it all over the table. He just seemed like he was in too much of a rush. Tall guy, curly blondish colored hair. Not much personality. I get the impression from most of your wait staff that this brunch is a pain for them. Otherwise the food was good. Loved the coffee rubbed pork!Special Features:
- Food/service ok - expected betterPinkPrincessWinnerVIPDined on 6/7/2014The menu feels like it's stuck in the 1970's and the service was good but I felt like the waiter wasn't able to say or comment on anything that wasn't scripted. It more felt like people were there to do a job and didn't actually enjoy being there. Plus, there was a wedding being held upstairs and when the music started at 9:00 the noise in the restaurant was terrible. You could hear people jumping up and down above us and the ceiling was shaking so bad it felt like it was going to come crashing down. Overall, not a very enjoyable evening - especially for the price you pay.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Everything was excellent and the baked alaska with strawberry puree for dessert was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodGeekDined on 5/30/2014Excellent Dinner and our Waitress was an excellent sommelier. She was very helpfulSpecial Features:
- We love Greenbriar!kennymac23Dined on 5/25/2014My parents visit at least once a year from Massachusetts. Stopping here for brunch is a requirement of theirs, and my wife and I are always glad to take them. This last visit was just like our previous visits. It was fantastic.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!!Xtremedeputy1Dined on 5/23/2014Best steak I've ever had. The wine list is more like a book. Great place and food. We went there for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gone down hillTomx1Dined on 5/23/2014This used to be a fabulous place for a special occasion. In some ways, it still is, however over the past few years the quality of both service and food taste has declined. Mind you, it's still very good, just not up to previous standards. Recent visit the service was excellent, but the expensive steak was average. Expected more. Nice people, nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/17/2014We split the crab cake appetizer--which was excellent. I had the beef wellington and my husband ahd the filet mignon. Both were cooked to perfection and wonderful. We thought the wines were reasonably priced--for a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EleganceMikeVIPDined on 5/11/2014The Greenbriar is tucked into the Mountain Scenery along Hwy 36 providing a wonderful ambiance that begins when you drive into the parking lot. The old farmhouse continues this charm as you are seated into the main dinning room. The waitstaff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful in making your dinning selection. The menu is suburb, and making a choice is a very difficult task. The prices are high, but the value is present from the Duck pate to the wonderful selection of assorted deserts. Highly recommended for a unique and excellent dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysdowntowndinerVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is a favorite of ours and for good reason. Delicious food, the owners are nice and pay attention to the details.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Terrific food, great wine selection, prompt & courteous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/8/2014Ate at Greenbriar during a graduation celebration. They made the night special for my son and our family/friends. Would absolutely recommend to anyone considering a dinner or brunch.Special Features:
- Delicious food, wonderful surpriseTrisDined on 5/8/2014The food at the Greenbriar was delicious! I took my grandmother here for a special dinner, and it was a real treat. The waitress was outstanding, and the food was even better! She had a delicious Colorado lamb and I went over the top with a wellington. The mussels we had as an appetizer sported probably the best broth I've ever had with seafood. I would definitely come back!Special Features:
- AnniversaryBillDined on 5/4/2014My wife and I celebrated our 14 wedding Anniversary. We are both in our late 80's and go to Greenbrier on special occasions. The service and food are always the best. We highly recommend it to friends and neighbours. Our waiter was attentive and it was a delight to him assisting us.Special Features:
- Great place for memorable occasionsBestBrunchDined on 5/4/2014This wonderful establishment is just the place we chose to go to after the memorable occasion of my son Joel's baptism. We love the delicious brunch and ambiance,plus the wonderful waitstaff treat you like royalty. We will always chose the Greenbriar Inn for special occasions Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The energy at Greenbriar is truly special. All who work there are down to earth, respectful and incredibly competent. The grounds and organic massive garden are fairytale like.Special Features:
- Perfect night out for anniversarygall1freyDined on 5/2/2014This is a great escape from the perils of Pearl St., mostly because of the quality of the workers. We had the Caesar salad (worth the wait), the NY steak (sadly not up to par with the rest of the dishes), the tenderloin wrapped in bacon (SO GOOD), and the caramel ice cream sandwich. The final item far exceeded my expectations. The pastry chef knows her stuff, and has created a truly delightful dessert. To top it off, my husband forgot his sunglasses and the waitress went the extra mile (almost literally) to return them to us before we left the parking lot. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you want a romantic night out, and don't want to run into the undergrad crowd.Special Features:
- AmazingBenGVIPDined on 5/2/2014We had an amazing time at Greenbriar Inn. The food was wonderful and better than expected. I ordered the beef wellington. The cocktails were made perfectly and the Sommelier-in-training paired up our wines perfectly. It was a lot of fun. Service was exceptional. We highly recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeJesscfoodieDined on 4/20/2014Excellent food, and great service, I highly recommend this place. Very cute setting and classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandmothers HouseDennaBDined on 4/20/2014The food was good. The atmosphere was like being in an old persons house. The servers seems to be annoyed by having to walk around the people at the buffet (that they set up, move it somewhere else, if you don't like it). Just not as good as I had expected it to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for an Easter brunchEatingRightDined on 4/20/2014I think I may have been expecting too much. The food was ok, service great. Very crowded and the food line was jammed and not set up well for flow, and every time I got up - the trays were pretty empty. I couldn't even find the custom omelette bar. Eggs benedict - delicious and my son was very happy with the mussels. Also, and this is not the restaurants fault, I saw several people handle food and then put it back (picking up bagels and putting them down, scraping food off their plate back into the tray, etc.). Not very appetizing. Again, not the restaurants fault, but it may speak to the clientele. I might go back for an every day brunch, but not a special event or holiday brunch.Special Features: