Greenbriar Inn, The
8735 N. Foothills Hwy
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Greenbriar Inn, The
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.greenbriarinn.com/
- Phone: 3034407979
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Bar & Patio Menu Tuesday - Sunday 5pm to close; Happy Hour Tuesday - Sunday 5pm-7pm; Champagne Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Matt Ochs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private dining rooms as well as two outdoor garden patios and can accommodate weddings, business functions, and events from 10 to 300.
- Private Party Contact: Emma Goddard 3034407979
A word from Greenbriar Inn, The
Opened in 1967, The Greenbriar Inn is an elegant restaurant, tavern and private event space located in the north Boulder countryside and nestled at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. The surrounding 20 acres features two ponds, striking woodland, and thriving vegetable, fruit, and flower gardens. The cuisine focuses on seasonal, American classics and is complimented by a 1200 label award-winning wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Greenbriar Inn, The - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Greenbriar Inn, The reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (58)notable wine list (45)great for outdoor dining (44)fit for foodies (40)great for brunch (38)scenic view (28)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (22)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Birthday Brunchfrank80401Dined on 10/19/2014This is our fifth time at Greenbriar for their excellent Sunday brunch and it was great. Love the oysters on the half shell. Invited my grandson is who is attending CSU to join us and he loved it.Special Features:
- Pretty place 2 celebrate birthdaysSharonMorrillDined on 10/19/2014My bestie and I went to Sunday brunch with 8 of our friends to celebrate our joint birthday. Absolutely loved the food and view. If you don't drink champagne, you can save $9 by skipping it. The food was an excellent array with fun stuff ranging from fresh raw oysters to custom omelets. Come hungry and make sure you leave room for the huge dessert array! We will be back time and again for sure! I have driven past it for 15 years thinking I should stop in. I am so glad we finally did!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Meal with Friends.MaryDined on 10/15/2014We had a very nice meal with friends. The food and wine were very good and we enjoyed our evening. We all enjoyed our meals...lamb, beef, and vegetarian. It was quiet so we were able to have conversation with our friends without the high noise levels of some restaurants. Our friends shared with us that they have had two poor experiences with food quality on holidays at Green Briar. They thought it was because the kitchen was overwhelmed with the number of people. The only complaint, this particular night, was a flat gin and tonic. It was replaced with another flat gin and tonic. She didn't complain about it, but got a gin and lemonade for a followup drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 60th Birthday celebrationCathy60GuberskyDined on 10/12/2014As I remembered from my last visit the ambiance is extraordinary, the food is delectable and the tour of the facilities for a future wedding was wonderful!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOctEnglishBorn1951Dined on 10/12/2014Mom and I had a delightful brunch this past Sunday the food was very good and the waiters were extremely attentive and very polite we have always enjoyed every visit to the Greenbriar Inn and we like to be seated in the Atrium we have not been there for Dinner (do not like to drive at night) but your menu looks impressive. Looking forward to our next time thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back in Time2CookswhodineDined on 10/7/2014The Greenbriar Inn was the right place at the right time for our anniversary. Very few patrons, so very quiet and excellent service. Both the actual facility and piped in music was a real "throw-back" to days gone by with songs that ranged from the post-war to the early 60's. Four courses all prepared as we ordered and an extensive wine list from which to choose. The wait staff engaging but by no means intrusive - over all very nice!Special Features:
- Dinner amazing,desert disappointingFULLDined on 10/5/2014The title says it all. Our dinner was incredible. The NY strip steak and the beef Wellington were both cooked to perfection and wonderful. Desert is where things fell apart. We ordered the molten lava cake and the s'mores cake. We were told there was a problem with the first lava cake, and it would have to be re-made. "No problem" we said. Once the deserts came out they were average at best. The lava cake was just not that good, definitely not worth the wait. The s'mores cake could have been good, but we could tell that it had sat for awhile. We could tell it was prepared while the first lava cake was baking, then just sat as the second was baking. It just did not have that fresh just made taste. Disappointing for such a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True customer care!HappilyMarriedDined on 9/27/2014Was truly impressed that the hostess took time to read the comments/special requests on the initial reservation!! That shows true customer care!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion or everyday dine66dinerVIPDined on 9/26/2014If you are celebrating a special occasion, the Greenbriar is the place to go. If you want excellent cuisine, it's the place to go. The service is very professional, but welcoming, not at all stiff and formal. Each time we have visited, we have been treated exceptionally well. The menu is varied, you can choose full entries or bar munchies. The tranquil setting adds to the ambiance, as does the kitchen garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue loverfondueloverDined on 9/23/2014Very nice evening, delicious food, lovely ambiance with low, pleasant music in the background. Have dined here many times in the past, will fine here even more often! A delightful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!anni4Dined on 9/21/2014Opentable worked. Admittely, I was nervous when I did not call in the reservation personally. The Greenbriar was a great experience. The staff and manager went beyond to ensure our brunch event was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Great place for brunch, beautiful patio area and interior of the resturant is warm and inviting. Selections were appetizingly displayed and the size was not overwhelming. Wait staff was very accomodating and attentive, my beverage glass never remained empty. Seating was spaced enough so you did not get that closterphobic feeling and not have to listen to other conversations. We were greeted vefry pleasantly by you staff, when I made the reseravation on open table I had placed in the comments that it was our 23rd anninversary, they acknowledged that when my spouse and I walked through the door.Special Features:
- Greenbriar is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I took my wife and two daughters to the Greenbriar Inn for my wife's birthday. As usual the food and service were excellent. I always recommend the Greenbriar to friends and acquaintances as a top notch choice for a great dinner.Special Features:
- Always GreatChazkatDined on 9/13/2014We like great food and wine and aere never disappointed by the Greenbriar. We found an outstanding Cabernet (Far Niente) 17 years old to go with our meal. It was decanted at our table and was luxurious. the lamb dish was great and the tenderloin dish melted in the mouth. Escargot had a unique preparation that, while not traditional was very good. Caesar salad prepared at tableside is always good as is the service. This is a go-to restaurant for us even though 40 minute drive away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchDonDonDined on 9/7/2014We had a delightful time at the Greenbriar for Sunday brunch. All the items I sampled were delicious, our server was fun and efficient, the ambiance is warm and welcoming. We were a group of six, including two children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarryDined on 9/6/2014Great food, wine and service. Well worth the drive from Denver to North Boulder.Special Features:
- Wonderful night outColoradoMomWifeDined on 9/6/2014This was our anniversary night out. The building and grounds are beautiful. The staff was courteous and attentive. The food was delicious and presented in a very eye-appealing manner. Dessert was decadent. My husband had the Bass special and I had Lamb. Both dishes came with yummy vegetables prepared in a unique manner. We ate every single bite. The wine list was extensive and we found something we both enjoyed without breaking the bank! Definitely a place to go again for a date night.Special Features:
- GreatDined on 9/4/2014Best food I have had in a long time. This out shines all the resturants in boulder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food and quiet conversationColoradoNatureGirlDined on 9/3/2014Greenbriar is our favorite place to take special out-of-town guests for quiet conversation and consistently excellent food. Our 84-year old guest who has lived in Paris and traveled the world said with delight that it was the best Caesar salad she had ever eaten. We enjoyed watching it prepared tableside with proficiency and care by our attentive server. If you're going to have Beef Wellington every few years like we do, be sure to have it at the Greenbriar. It was prepared perfectly. And our guest couldn't stop raving about the trout dish she had ordered. The only surprise was the bill: the small martinis seemed way overpriced. Perhaps we should have taken advantage of the weekly 20% off wine bottle special!Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceMichaelDined on 8/31/2014The Sunday brunch was nice, food not really imaginative, but presented well. The service was exceptional. Sit in Adam's section, he's the best. The dessert bar was good and the salad bar was so-so.Special Features:
- great for restaurant week2foodiesDined on 8/29/2014The Denver restaurant week menu at the Greenbriar was completely different from their regular menu, allowing you to try new things. Everything we had was excellent and perfectly prepared. The waiter was knowledgeable, but pushed too hard about the ability to cork our wine and take it home, giving us the feeling he disapproved of drinking. The only glitch was that the first course appeared before our wine.Special Features:
- A Lovely PackageboulderTDDined on 8/29/2014The Greenbriar is the perfect place for a special occasion. The wild boar meatballs over grits and marinara are delicious, the steaks are cooked perfectly, and the service is high caliber. All this comes wrapped in a lovely package; the restaurant grounds are covered in beautiful flowers and lights. Time your visit so you can see the mountains and views in the daylight and the lights after dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceniwotmacDined on 8/28/2014The spinach salad was the best I have had t any Denver restaurant. The owner was present, and attentive to all the guests. The hanger steak was well prepared, tender and juicy with an excellent sauce. I will go back again.Special Features:
- Great food!FoodieDined on 8/27/2014We were here for 5280 Denver Restaurant Week. The trout and chicken were very good, $30 pp for a 3 course meal. The flourless chocolate cake and peach dessert were outstanding! Pricey wine list. Go on Wednesdays when you can buy bottles of wine for 20% off list.Special Features:
- starDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful meal and great service. We will certainly return to The Greenbriar Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic dining venue66dinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014The Greenbriar Inn continues to be a place for fine dining. The wait staff are attentive but not pushy. The food is prepared with many ingredients from their own garden. We had the Denver week specials and they were excellent. This is a place to go for good food, great service, and a serene atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Proper FoodGourmandDined on 8/27/2014The food was simply prepared, but elegant and correct. We enjoyed our meal. Although the wine list is extensive (and expensive) our waiter recommended an inexpensive and superb wine ( a New Zealand sauvignon blanc) that was a perfect accompaniment to our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDiningwithAliDined on 8/23/2014Beautiful restaurant and great food! The service was a little slow but that was probably because it was very busy when we went.Special Features:
- Disappointing ServicepickyeaterDined on 8/23/2014Excited to find The Greenbriar Inn was participating in the Denver Restaurant Week during the one night we planned to be in the Boulder area since it had always been a favorite restaurant when we lived in Boulder. Food was as wonderful as we remembered but the service was exceedingly slow. The waiter apologized, explaining they weren't staffed adequately for the number of diners - a poor excuse from what we recalled as a quality restaurant. Hoping this was a one-time event, we would consider dining here again if we were in the Boulder area.Special Features:
- Food Great, Service NotSheilaDined on 8/23/2014We hadn't been to the Greenbriar in years. There were seven of us celebrating two anniversaries. We were surprised at how lame the service was. After my salad, they never brought another knife out. We waited forever for our main course. At one point my husband had to ask for our dishes to be cleared. The servers were pleasant, just extremely slow. The food as always was excellent.Special Features:
- Mediocre portion, very poor serviceSisterofachefDined on 8/23/2014Portions were extremely small. Service was terrible. Restaurant is a neat place, but VERY dirty. It needs serious updating.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014The food and the service staff were great. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tileguyDined on 8/22/2014Our second visit was every bit as good as the first. The food, Beef Wellington, was one of the best I've ever had. Our waiter was very attentive, but not puchy. I would return here for a fine dining experience again. A real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014The food and service was fantastic, one of our more memorable dinning experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Greenbriar of OldDinnerfor2Dined on 8/17/2014This was once my favorite restaurant but the times have changed. Very small portions, highly priced, now seem to rule the menu. It's still a wonderful place to dine for special occasions, but not for an average night out. My scallops were tasty but very small, almost like two scallops cut in half, for $36. Crab Louie was a tiny bit of crab for $16. Overall, a pricey dinner but for that special night out it fits the bill.Special Features:
- Slow DiningAnnieBDined on 8/15/2014we had a party of 6 adults - the food was good, wait staff very nice, however everything seemed to move in slow motion - a 3 hour dinner with each couple having an hour drive home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch TraditionCajunDinerDined on 8/10/2014We discovered The Greenbriar Inn several years ago for Mother's Day. It has become our Sunday Brunch tradition. In the warmer months, their outdoor seating is wonderful. They have big trees and the tables are on the lawn beneath them. It is the perfect spot for either an intimate meal or a family gathering. The dining rooms are wonderful as well. The building is a converted home and has the cozy feel of coming home. The food there is consistently excellent. We have been to Sunday Brunch as well as to dinner and the food was equally good! We would give The Greenbriar Inn 10 Stars if we could. It is a very special place where you can make very special memories.Special Features:
- Nobody does it better!PSmurfVIPDined on 8/3/2014This visit was for Sunday Champagne Brunch. We haven't done this for a while, and I don't know why we so deprive ourselves. It was every bit as good as we remembered. An endless assortment of breakfast treats--quiches, Eggs Benedict, omelettes to order, waffles and more, as well as other treats such as smoked salmon, oysters and cheeses. Onward to chicken, pork, roast beef, fish and all the trimmings. And desserts too numerous to mention. All this together with elegant, attentive and friendly service in pleasant surroundings. Life is good! We'll be back again soon, this time for small plates and wine on the patio, under the trees.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerBirthday23Dined on 8/1/2014The place is beautiful and it has a great atmosphere. The waiter seemed unsure of the ingredients and details when we asked questions. He needed to check and get back to us. My husband's Beef Wellington was really good and he enjoyed it. Half of my scallops were tough and over salted. The Aviator drink my husband ordered literally tasted like dish soap. We all tried it and left it on the table. I've never tasted a drink like that before. I'm not sure if we would go back there again.Special Features:
- A 10th Anniversary JoyOysters4EverDined on 7/27/2014A very beautiful establishment, inside and out. One of the best brunches we've ever had. The oyster bar was an unexpected special treat! Extensive variety, with gluten free and vegetarian selections available. The staff was extremely accommodating to special requests. An out of the way location, but well worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.