Greenbriar Inn, The
8735 N. Foothills Hwy
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Greenbriar Inn, The
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.greenbriarinn.com/
- Phone: (303) 440-7979
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Bar & Patio Menu Tuesday - Sunday 5pm to close; Happy Hour Tuesday - Sunday 5pm-7pm; Champagne Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Matt Ochs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private dining rooms as well as two outdoor garden patios and can accommodate weddings, business functions, and events from 10 to 300.
- Private Party Contact: Emma Goddard 3034407979
A word from Greenbriar Inn, The
Opened in 1967, The Greenbriar Inn is an elegant restaurant, tavern and private event space located in the north Boulder countryside and nestled at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. The surrounding 20 acres features two ponds, striking woodland, and thriving vegetable, fruit, and flower gardens. The cuisine focuses on seasonal, American classics and is complimented by a 1200 label award-winning wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Greenbriar Inn, The - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Greenbriar Inn, The reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (68)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (48)great for brunch (42)great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (33)scenic view (29)neighborhood gem (27)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Outstanding in all respects!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014We have a long history with the Greenbrier Inn, celebrating special occasions there. Prior to this last visit, it has been many years since we had been to the Greenbriar. Since we were in Colorado for our anniversary, we decided to celebrate at the Greenbriar. The food was as good as we remembered, perhaps better. The wine list is outstanding in its selection. And the service was perfectly attentive. Most of all, however, the prices were reasonable for a restaurant of this caliber - for the two of us (soup, beef wellington and dessert) our bill was just under $100, excluding wine and the tip. The Greenbriar Inn, once again, more than met our expectation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forget about going...very bad experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2014A $35 dollar steak was overcooked. Waiter forgot one persons order entirely so they had to wait while the rest ate. Rude service. This restaurant was a favorite...now will not return!!
- Great restaurantpattVIPDined on 11/22/2014We had not been to Greenbriar in a long time ,and went for First Bite Boulder. What a nice surprise. We really enjoyed our meal We had great service, and a wonderful meal. The regular menu looks good and reasonable. Try it.. we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/20/2014I had not been to the Greenbriar in many years. This is a Boulder institution. Still has great food, great service, great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greenbriar satisfies againErnieDined on 11/20/2014Three of us had the First Bite Boulder menu steak on a Thursday night. The room was about half full, so conversation at our table was easy. Service was good, though we were disappointed that the Greenbriar's justly famous table-side assembly of Caesar salads was replaced by a much-shortened version for our First Bite visit. Food was excellent, and portions not too large (no doggy bags to take home). We had a good time and thoroughly enjoyed our visit, as we expected we would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionLauraWDined on 11/15/2014This has become one of our favorite places to go for special occasions. It is elegant, without being pretentious and they really do seem focused on guests enjoying their meals. We eat early, when there aren't so many diners, but they seem to have enough wait staff to handle larger crowds, too, since there were many more diners there by the time we left. The food was excellent and just the right amount. I would rather have food presented like this than some restaurants that wow you with out-sized servings, which you then feel obligated to either eat or take home. A bonus this time was that it was First Bite Boulder, so the three-course meal was only $27, not including the wine. My filet was the tastiest I have had in a long time - perfectly cooked and browned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014the food and ambiance as usual was outstanding. the service however could have been better. we had to inquire twice for tardy bread and drinks. the dessert came 20 mins after dinner plates were cleared, then he overcharged us $15 on the billSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchStVrainDinersDined on 11/9/2014This is a great place to have Sunday brunch that accommodates all ages and appetites. Terrific for special family celebrations and get-togethers.Special Features:
- Consistently best brunch in BoulderOldNYerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Beautifully presented hot and cold buffet with lovely table service. Everything is fresh and appetizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Our reservation was early because of time constraints. The experience was great. food Tasty, service splendid -- good reccomendation for a glas of wine. Nice table by the window. Overall Just rightSpecial Features:
- Empty,service poorSebastienDined on 11/4/2014There was only one other couple in a huge restaurant Service was not good and we were encouraged to leave by cleaning up noise at 9:30pm. How can the restaurant survive with no customers and poor service?
- pgomez100Dined on 11/2/2014The service was exceptional, wonderful food options for Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasternGourmetDined on 11/1/2014Love this restaurant. Went for our 33 anniversary. Waiter, very polite. Have been looking for a quiet cozy place with good food and old world polite efficient service. Sauces are great. The right size servings, quality not quantity. Will be back. Probably Christmas Eve.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Very expensive for the small amount of food you receive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cheeksDined on 10/26/2014The staff was great, food was good? The only reason i gave it a 4 was because some of the food was cold. I would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- country dininglovegoodfoodDined on 10/24/2014The Greenbriar offers average to moderately good food at above average prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality is unmatchedFattenhappyDined on 10/22/2014The Greenbriar does everything right! We choose to spend our 20 year wedding anniversary there and it's because we knew we wouldn't be disappointed. The Wellington is absolutely incredible and the Filet Mignon is equally as good. Our experience was on a Wednesday night so the dining room was not crowded and was very quiet. The wait staff if highly professional and accommodating. They were efficient and not intrusive. Obviously well trained in delivering a high class dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Brunchfrank80401Dined on 10/19/2014This is our fifth time at Greenbriar for their excellent Sunday brunch and it was great. Love the oysters on the half shell. Invited my grandson is who is attending CSU to join us and he loved it.Special Features:
- Pretty place 2 celebrate birthdaysSharonMorrillDined on 10/19/2014My bestie and I went to Sunday brunch with 8 of our friends to celebrate our joint birthday. Absolutely loved the food and view. If you don't drink champagne, you can save $9 by skipping it. The food was an excellent array with fun stuff ranging from fresh raw oysters to custom omelets. Come hungry and make sure you leave room for the huge dessert array! We will be back time and again for sure! I have driven past it for 15 years thinking I should stop in. I am so glad we finally did!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Meal with Friends.MaryDined on 10/15/2014We had a very nice meal with friends. The food and wine were very good and we enjoyed our evening. We all enjoyed our meals...lamb, beef, and vegetarian. It was quiet so we were able to have conversation with our friends without the high noise levels of some restaurants. Our friends shared with us that they have had two poor experiences with food quality on holidays at Green Briar. They thought it was because the kitchen was overwhelmed with the number of people. The only complaint, this particular night, was a flat gin and tonic. It was replaced with another flat gin and tonic. She didn't complain about it, but got a gin and lemonade for a followup drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 60th Birthday celebrationCathy60GuberskyDined on 10/12/2014As I remembered from my last visit the ambiance is extraordinary, the food is delectable and the tour of the facilities for a future wedding was wonderful!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOctEnglishBorn1951Dined on 10/12/2014Mom and I had a delightful brunch this past Sunday the food was very good and the waiters were extremely attentive and very polite we have always enjoyed every visit to the Greenbriar Inn and we like to be seated in the Atrium we have not been there for Dinner (do not like to drive at night) but your menu looks impressive. Looking forward to our next time thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back in Time2CookswhodineDined on 10/7/2014The Greenbriar Inn was the right place at the right time for our anniversary. Very few patrons, so very quiet and excellent service. Both the actual facility and piped in music was a real "throw-back" to days gone by with songs that ranged from the post-war to the early 60's. Four courses all prepared as we ordered and an extensive wine list from which to choose. The wait staff engaging but by no means intrusive - over all very nice!Special Features:
- Dinner amazing,desert disappointingFULLDined on 10/5/2014The title says it all. Our dinner was incredible. The NY strip steak and the beef Wellington were both cooked to perfection and wonderful. Desert is where things fell apart. We ordered the molten lava cake and the s'mores cake. We were told there was a problem with the first lava cake, and it would have to be re-made. "No problem" we said. Once the deserts came out they were average at best. The lava cake was just not that good, definitely not worth the wait. The s'mores cake could have been good, but we could tell that it had sat for awhile. We could tell it was prepared while the first lava cake was baking, then just sat as the second was baking. It just did not have that fresh just made taste. Disappointing for such a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True customer care!HappilyMarriedDined on 9/27/2014Was truly impressed that the hostess took time to read the comments/special requests on the initial reservation!! That shows true customer care!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion or everyday dine66dinerVIPDined on 9/26/2014If you are celebrating a special occasion, the Greenbriar is the place to go. If you want excellent cuisine, it's the place to go. The service is very professional, but welcoming, not at all stiff and formal. Each time we have visited, we have been treated exceptionally well. The menu is varied, you can choose full entries or bar munchies. The tranquil setting adds to the ambiance, as does the kitchen garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue loverfondueloverDined on 9/23/2014Very nice evening, delicious food, lovely ambiance with low, pleasant music in the background. Have dined here many times in the past, will fine here even more often! A delightful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!anni4Dined on 9/21/2014Opentable worked. Admittely, I was nervous when I did not call in the reservation personally. The Greenbriar was a great experience. The staff and manager went beyond to ensure our brunch event was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Great place for brunch, beautiful patio area and interior of the resturant is warm and inviting. Selections were appetizingly displayed and the size was not overwhelming. Wait staff was very accomodating and attentive, my beverage glass never remained empty. Seating was spaced enough so you did not get that closterphobic feeling and not have to listen to other conversations. We were greeted vefry pleasantly by you staff, when I made the reseravation on open table I had placed in the comments that it was our 23rd anninversary, they acknowledged that when my spouse and I walked through the door.Special Features:
- Greenbriar is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I took my wife and two daughters to the Greenbriar Inn for my wife's birthday. As usual the food and service were excellent. I always recommend the Greenbriar to friends and acquaintances as a top notch choice for a great dinner.Special Features:
- Always GreatChazkatDined on 9/13/2014We like great food and wine and aere never disappointed by the Greenbriar. We found an outstanding Cabernet (Far Niente) 17 years old to go with our meal. It was decanted at our table and was luxurious. the lamb dish was great and the tenderloin dish melted in the mouth. Escargot had a unique preparation that, while not traditional was very good. Caesar salad prepared at tableside is always good as is the service. This is a go-to restaurant for us even though 40 minute drive away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchDonDonDined on 9/7/2014We had a delightful time at the Greenbriar for Sunday brunch. All the items I sampled were delicious, our server was fun and efficient, the ambiance is warm and welcoming. We were a group of six, including two children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarryDined on 9/6/2014Great food, wine and service. Well worth the drive from Denver to North Boulder.Special Features:
- Wonderful night outColoradoMomWifeDined on 9/6/2014This was our anniversary night out. The building and grounds are beautiful. The staff was courteous and attentive. The food was delicious and presented in a very eye-appealing manner. Dessert was decadent. My husband had the Bass special and I had Lamb. Both dishes came with yummy vegetables prepared in a unique manner. We ate every single bite. The wine list was extensive and we found something we both enjoyed without breaking the bank! Definitely a place to go again for a date night.Special Features:
- GreatDined on 9/4/2014Best food I have had in a long time. This out shines all the resturants in boulder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food and quiet conversationColoradoNatureGirlDined on 9/3/2014Greenbriar is our favorite place to take special out-of-town guests for quiet conversation and consistently excellent food. Our 84-year old guest who has lived in Paris and traveled the world said with delight that it was the best Caesar salad she had ever eaten. We enjoyed watching it prepared tableside with proficiency and care by our attentive server. If you're going to have Beef Wellington every few years like we do, be sure to have it at the Greenbriar. It was prepared perfectly. And our guest couldn't stop raving about the trout dish she had ordered. The only surprise was the bill: the small martinis seemed way overpriced. Perhaps we should have taken advantage of the weekly 20% off wine bottle special!Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceMichaelDined on 8/31/2014The Sunday brunch was nice, food not really imaginative, but presented well. The service was exceptional. Sit in Adam's section, he's the best. The dessert bar was good and the salad bar was so-so.Special Features:
- great for restaurant week2foodiesDined on 8/29/2014The Denver restaurant week menu at the Greenbriar was completely different from their regular menu, allowing you to try new things. Everything we had was excellent and perfectly prepared. The waiter was knowledgeable, but pushed too hard about the ability to cork our wine and take it home, giving us the feeling he disapproved of drinking. The only glitch was that the first course appeared before our wine.Special Features:
- A Lovely PackageboulderTDDined on 8/29/2014The Greenbriar is the perfect place for a special occasion. The wild boar meatballs over grits and marinara are delicious, the steaks are cooked perfectly, and the service is high caliber. All this comes wrapped in a lovely package; the restaurant grounds are covered in beautiful flowers and lights. Time your visit so you can see the mountains and views in the daylight and the lights after dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceniwotmacDined on 8/28/2014The spinach salad was the best I have had t any Denver restaurant. The owner was present, and attentive to all the guests. The hanger steak was well prepared, tender and juicy with an excellent sauce. I will go back again.Special Features: