Green Valley Grill
624 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Green Valley Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greenvalleygrill.com/
- Phone: (336) 854-2015
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:15am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Thanksgiving Day: Dinner menu plus traditional favorites 12 noon - 8pm; Bar open until 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Leigh Hesling
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our versatile banquet facilities at Green Valley Grill and O.Henry Hotel can accommodate just about any need, whether you have 5 or 200 guests. Our elegant surroundings, convenient location in central Greensboro, attentive staff, gracious amenities and accomplished catering team ensure that you will enjoy every moment of your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our versatile, elegant banquet event spaces are located in the AAA Four Diamond O.Henry Hotel. Menus are specially designed for an unforgettable feast. We are conveniently located in central Greensboro, near UNCG, Moses Cone, downtown, Friendly Shopping Center and Greensboro airport.
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Sanecki 3368542000
- Special Events: Join Green Valley Grill Executive Chef Leigh Hesling for Cooking Class and Wine Pairing in a private event space at the O.Henry Hotel.
Visit our website for more events such as our special tea parties.
A word from Green Valley Grill
Visit us and enjoy informally elegant dining and seasonal food using old-world European culinary sensibilities and flavors from areas such as the Tuscan area of Italy or the Provence region of France. Our wine list receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence each year and features 50 wines by the glass. Have your own private wine tasting with our Wine Flights. The freshest food prepared by a passionate team, and served by friendly and competent people, is a recipe for a great dining experience. When you add an eclectic décor and dining alfresco in our Courtyard, you will imagine that you have traveled farther than you did. We welcome you to dine with us seven days a week for lunch, dinner, or late night. Adjacent to the O.Henry Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Green Valley Grill - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Green Valley Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
267 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (186)fit for foodies (152)good for groups (121)great for lunch (117)romantic (112)great for outdoor dining (97)great for brunch (93)neighborhood gem (93)notable wine list (92)vibrant bar scene (48)hot spot (45)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (17)scenic view (15)Show More
- Bad Filet MignonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Ordered a filet mignon and it came back under cooked with gristle through part of it. Sent it back and they gave me another steak that was cooked perfectly. I would go back again to eat there. My wife's trout was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Green Valley Grille is consistently good. Food, service, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!DeanDined on 11/22/2014The Green Valley Grill is always a great place to eat. Whether you want a light lunch on the go, or partake in a romantic dinner, they have everything for a great southern meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food as always!morethanabowtieDined on 11/21/2014Leigh and the staff do an incredible job of putting together seasonal with local -- and have done it before anyone else thought the idea was a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate boyfriends bdayAtltplantDined on 11/21/2014Great food, romantic vibe, excellent service, good wine options. Came here for my boyfriends bday and noted it in open table. Parm crusted checked and grape leaf salmon were delicious! They brought him a dessert w candle without me asking. He was delighted. GVG made me look good. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!AlexjandreaDined on 11/19/2014I enjoyed my night here the ambiance was great, the wine list selection was superb. Would've have scored higher, but we waited 20 minutes past our reservation time. However, the manager made it up to us with a free crab meat appetizer that was heavenly. I can't wait to go again! This place left me dreamy eyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotPatGDined on 11/13/2014We were entertaining friends from out of town and wanted to show them a local spot- we are never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service never disappointedFranDined on 11/12/2014Always enjoy this restaurant in a five star hotel. Service is always perfect and the food is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everythingGrandiVIPDined on 11/11/2014Favorite spot when we come to Greensboro. Food and service always are superb. Dessert were amazing too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinarily delicious food - excellent serviceOutoftownersDined on 11/10/2014We had eaten at GVG once before while staying at the O. Henry and enjoyed it so much that we decided to go again. We agreed after this visit that the food and service are among the best we have enjoyed anywhere. We look forward to dining with you again when we are in Greensboro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent excellenceREGNYCVIPDined on 11/10/2014They cannot get any better in terms of ambience, service, menu selections, and food. First choice in Greensboro.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchHonbugDined on 11/9/2014I am not a Greensboro local but have eaten at the Green Valley several times now. The latest was for Sunday brunch with a friend. We had reservations for 10:30 and we were seated promptly and courteously. This is not a brunch buffet but there are excellent choices from thier menu. My friend had the classic eggs benedict and I had salmon over a bed of farro, sweet potatoes and kale....both delicious choices. We looked over the dessert menu, which also had some great choices, but we were too full to do it justice. We will save that option for when we return. When we left the restaurant around noon it was much busier but the noise level was still low and people were being seated quickly. I will definitely return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always superb!rosenbudVIPDined on 11/8/2014the High Tea, in the O'Henry Hotel is a visit to charms of past days. delightful! their brunch menu - always a winner. love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Greensboro's GemMrsBovieDined on 11/8/2014Have been to this restaurant for several special occasions over the years and the restaurant has been consistently great in everything. Besides the food, we love the atmosphere and the service. We had 10 of us(had reservation) and our food came out at the same time and was delicious. Menu is a la carte but entree is plentiful. They provide children's menu verbally. As an executive assistant I often recommended this restaurant for business luncheons. I loved being able to make reservation online. I also received a follow up call for confirmation that put my mind at ease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencefoodguruDined on 11/7/2014The food was outstanding as was the service. The atmosphere was very pleasant, not rushed, quiet, beautiful music. The food was very good and a beautiful presentation. Our waitress was attentive and knowledgeable about the food. It was a very enjoyable experience and we would eat here again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Great food and service. Thanks for the piece of cake for my wife on her birthday.Special Features:
- Champ Loves GVG!ChampDined on 11/6/2014The GVG never disappoints! The menu changes with the local seasons, always fresh. The service is superior, and the food is ALWAYS special!Special Features:
- A real treat!VisitingncDined on 11/1/2014Food was out of this world, service was impeccable, music was perfect - a stellar dinner.Special Features:
- over allOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We had a great time.....BUT the food wasn't that great. I have had dinner at GVG many times and wish they would go back 10 yrs, when the food was great. The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always lovelynottooshabbyDined on 11/1/2014this is our go-to restaurant for special occasions -- and have never been disappointed -- my husband loves the desserts; my pick -- the filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/1/2014Another wonderful dining experience -- good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Overall- Fair Because ...RonaldDined on 10/31/2014... Unfortunately for us, we were seated in a dining area with a wedding party of more than 30 guests. Although, we're all for weddings, this was not how we envisioned celebrating my husband's 75th birthday. We rushed through dinner to find a quieter location. However, since this was Halloween evening, we recognize Green Valley Grill "tricked us!"Special Features:
- From out-of-townOut2eatVIPDined on 10/31/2014Being from Louisiana, we found the food here to be average. The facility was clean. the service was good. Overall, a well run operation. It's just hard for any restaurant this far away from Louisiana to serve food that competes with the fare in Louisiana. That said, if I'm ever back in Greensboro, I'd go back to Green Valley Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014Have been there several times but sat outside. We brough guests from out of town and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green Valley grill was very goodSingareeVIPDined on 10/30/2014Really enjoyed our dinner and stay at the O'Henry. Wonderful ambience! Dinner and breakfast (complimentary for guests) were very good.Special Features:
- DicerVIPDined on 10/29/2014The pork special was served on the cold side for both me and my wife.
- Service and food terrificLovegreatfoodDined on 10/25/2014The food, wine and service were all great. The only issue is the noise level. When u place tables/ booths of two next to tables of 6 to 8 the noise level for the smaller tables/ booths simply becomes overwhelming. The price for the food is up there but the quality is exceptional. Our server was perfect- attentive yet not overly present. If we return, I will have to ask when I make reservations if there are seats where the larger tables do not meet the smaller booths/ tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding as alwaysgirlielunchDined on 10/23/2014I always enjoy the service and food at Green Valley it is one of my favorite places to dine, will definitly dine there again. My friend and I had a terrfic grilled chicken salad it was was very refreshing and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful EstablishmentAngels1Dined on 10/22/2014High quality, and high standards. As a customer, you are treated with the utmost respect and attended to well. The food is very well prepared (top quality- prepared, I am sure by a top chef, and seasoned well), very tasty. The staff at this high grade restaurant, are professionals. Your every need is attended to. Green Valley Grill is an upscale, comfortable environment, that has a very friendly, and engaging feel to it. Its main decor looks very Nouveau, very elegant and classy. It has the feel of the quality of a restaurant you would find in a very upscale Hotel, such as the Westin. The service is second to none in town. I would feel honored to celebrate any occasion there. I stand and applaud Green Valley Grill. Bravo 5 stars to you!Special Features:
- Fabulous!DocbilDined on 10/20/2014A group of three, we were at the High Point International Furniture Show. This restaurant is not to be missed! Everything was outstanding.. The food, the reception, the ambience , the wait staff, the presentation, And off course, the design! We cannot wait for the next show in April...we will be back!Special Features:
- Dinner with clients!DesignTimesDined on 10/20/2014I arrived with my clients 10 minutes after our reservation time and to my surprise, we were imidiately seated. After three hours and a few bottles of wine, we all really enjoyed our food and service. I will be back at the next market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/20/2014Another wonderful dining experience. We are fortunate to have this restaurant in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends Night OutDinerOuterDined on 10/18/2014Our dinner with you was a total pleasure. Beautiful ambiance, excellent food and our wonderful waitress made our night out with friends absolutely unforgettable! Although, next time, we'll be sure to ask for a table near the window to have a view of the beautifully lit trees---so pretty! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014The food is incredible at this restaurant. Wonderful service! Will continue to dine here many more times.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantLove2eatDined on 10/12/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Greensboro ever. Great filet mignon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Top 10FoodieNFunDined on 10/12/2014A great restaurant and consistent - never a bad experience. The trout is good and the server was attentive. They are also very accomodating. I met a friend for brunch - her first time there. She loved it.Special Features:
- Out of TownersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We were in Greensboro to see if we'd like to relocate...we loved it in Greensboro, but even more after eating here!!! There were 4 of us and we all ordered something different...bites of them all prices exquisite!!! Bananas Foster French toast, "Crogal" sandwich, all delicious! The GVG potatoes were amazing!!! We are very impressed and when we move, we will be back for date night!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Evening OutdinnerfortwoDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I enjoyed an evening out on a Saturday and enjoyed every minute at the Green Valley Grill. We both had wood-fired menu items (chicken, lamb chops) and could not have been happier with our selections. The food was excellent. Also, our server was very pleasant and exceeded our expectations. Informal elegant dining just as described on the website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjjjVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was the first time we have eaten here as we are from out of town, visiting our daughter and her family. It was excellent and the server was excellent too.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/7/2014The lunch menu offers a wide range of choices. Good service without hovering.Special Features: