Green Valley Grill
624 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Green Valley Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greenvalleygrill.com/
- Phone: 3368542015
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:15am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Thanksgiving Day: Dinner menu plus traditional favorites 12 noon - 8pm; Bar open until 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Leigh Hesling
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our versatile banquet facilities at Green Valley Grill and O.Henry Hotel can accommodate just about any need, whether you have 5 or 200 guests. Our elegant surroundings, convenient location in central Greensboro, attentive staff, gracious amenities and accomplished catering team ensure that you will enjoy every moment of your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our versatile, elegant banquet event spaces are located in the AAA Four Diamond O.Henry Hotel. Menus are specially designed for an unforgettable feast. We are conveniently located in central Greensboro, near UNCG, Moses Cone, downtown, Friendly Shopping Center and Greensboro airport.
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Sanecki 3368542000
- Special Events: Join Green Valley Grill Executive Chef Leigh Hesling for Cooking Class and Wine Pairing in a private event space at the O.Henry Hotel.
Visit our website for more events such as our special tea parties.
A word from Green Valley Grill
Visit us and enjoy informally elegant dining and seasonal food using old-world European culinary sensibilities and flavors from areas such as the Tuscan area of Italy or the Provence region of France. Our wine list receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence each year and features 50 wines by the glass. Have your own private wine tasting with our Wine Flights. The freshest food prepared by a passionate team, and served by friendly and competent people, is a recipe for a great dining experience. When you add an eclectic décor and dining alfresco in our Courtyard, you will imagine that you have traveled farther than you did. We welcome you to dine with us seven days a week for lunch, dinner, or late night. Adjacent to the O.Henry Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Green Valley Grill - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Green Valley Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (204)fit for foodies (149)romantic (127)great for outdoor dining (118)great for lunch (115)good for groups (102)great for brunch (98)neighborhood gem (97)notable wine list (90)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (39)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (21)scenic view (15)Show More
- Cozy and comfortablehappyeaterDined on 9/27/2014It's always warm and inviting at the GVG, not for the food, but for the service and ambiance. The food fills the bill, pretty much the same menu for several years. The whole experience is a plus.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, large portionsJonesFamilyDined on 9/27/2014We are beginning to realize that potions are larger in the South. Here, "small plates" will likely fill you up. Sharing is a good idea. Get the lasagna and a small side salad. Skip the "recommended appetizers".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant but....GreatPlacestoDineVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have been to this restaurant twice. Great food and service was good but not what you would expect at a restaurant of this caliber. Dishes were not cleared off the table. I had to flag down the waiter to get another drink, twice. It was the same experience both times so it is obviously an expectation or training issue with the management.Special Features:
- New waiter?MissaDined on 9/27/2014Normally we have fabulous service here - this time we wondered if our waiter was new. He would disappear for a long stretch - didn't offer me another cocktail, and I would have ordered a glass of wine to go with my entree, but again, he was nowhere around. This is not the norm for GVG. Hopefully he is just getting the hang of things!Special Features:
- once again a great timeJKMillikenDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed the service, even with a first time serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014We had our girls with us, and our waiter was great with them, treating them like people, and offering to make a Shirley temple when they couldn't decide what they wanted to drink. Excellent food as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014This was a special occasion brunch and very nice. We had some special needs that weren't on the menu and they weren't a problem. We arrived and our table was ready on time and they recognized my daughter and wished her a happy birthday! The specials sounded wonderful and our waiter was very informative and an experienced server. Can't say enough about our great experience. Glad to know this restaurant option is so close to campus for parents and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchMiss30Dined on 9/21/2014Thrilled with choice of Green Valley Grill for brunch. Will definitely be a repeat customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerwanted2likeitbutDined on 9/20/2014There is no doubt, we had a nice dinner. But, I think my expectations were just a little too high. People were super nice and welcoming. The food was good, but not exceptional. For the price, I'm sorry to say, I've had better. Would I come back...maybe....just to see if it was better the second time. Would I recommend it? Probably not.Special Features:
- FantasticDeanDined on 9/20/2014I have been here on several occasions and each time has been better than the last. Great food, great service, and reasonably priced. I recommend Green Valley Grill to anyone in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I really enjoyed my birthday brunch! Morgan was an awesome waitress who helped me choose my first legal drink for my 21st Birthday! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great! Will definitely be returning again!Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2014Another wonderful lunch --- good food, good service --- we are fortunate to have Green Valley Grill in Greensboro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful birthday lunch at the Green Valley Grill last Saturday. The food was delicious, the restaurant was beautiful and the service was impeccable! We wanted to sit outside on the gorgeous patio, but it was raining, so next time we'll opt for that. Our waiter was so gracious and when I asked for a glass of water to put my birthday flowers in, our waiter brought out a beautiful vase instead! They served the most delicious warm honey wheat bread and butter while we were waiting for our food. I would highly recommend the scallops over polenta with sauteed seasonal greens. Perfect portions and yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AudiAudiVIPDined on 9/12/2014Excellent experience, always consistent. Very pleasant staff allowing time to have a pre-dinner cocktail and "just come to the hostess when your ready"! It's a nice touch that doesn't give you the impression you're holding up the table. This has moved to #1 on our go to list when stay in town on a weekend.Special Features:
- Honeymoon nightGuntherBear55Dined on 9/12/2014I chose the O Henry Hotel and the Green Valley Grill for an overnight stay after the wedding. Absolutely perfect !! A most gracious and attentive staff. The Green Valley Grill menu and wine list is second to none. The food was perfect and the service our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nikkisDined on 9/12/2014The food is always great, no matter what you order. The atmosphere is perfect for that late day brunch, that celebration for a special occasion or just a quiet lunch. The wait staff is attentive to your every need and the politeness is beyond reproach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTenpinktoesDined on 9/10/2014We always come to Green Valley for our anniversary and special occassion dinners. The J Lohr cab. was great and my filet was cooked perfectly. There was one loud group there that evening but typically it is quiet. Ambiance is nice and servers are attentive.Special Features:
- Beautiful FindFarmboyfoodieDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I had our anniversary dinner here. The food is awesome. The variety of dishes should easily please anyone. Our waitress was fantastic and the drinks my wife and I had at the bar before dinner were well prepared. Try this place out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quaintance weaver do it rightes07066Dined on 9/6/2014Green Valley Grill is another jewel in the crown of the restaurant kings of Greensboro! Fantastic food, service, and ambiance! Love GVG and Printworks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed at all.MaverickDined on 9/5/2014This was my first visit to Green Valley Grill and I was very disappointed. I thought the food was poorly presented and not consistent with what one expects from a classier restaurant. Both entrees had truffle oil and I don't think either were complimented by this addition. Odd pairings in general on the plate and we found a much better dinner at Carrabbas the night after. On the positive side, the staff was very friendly and professional. If only the food reflected their class act.
- Can't wait to go againsoutherneaterDined on 8/31/2014I really enjoyed eating here. Great place for a couple dinner, I would recommend this to anyone wising to wine and dine in the Greensboro area. Great menu variety, and great wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch August 31, 2014NYtoNC76Dined on 8/31/2014I just want to say thank you for a wonderful brunch on Sunday, August 31. 2014. The Green Valley Grill is first class…our service was excellent, food was delicious and we were never rushed and our server (Megan M) was very gracious, friendly and attentive. We have enjoyed dining at Green Valley Grill in the past and will continue. Thank you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We went to o henry for a romantic getaway weekend. The motel was superband the green valley grill was perfect ..very nice weekend the motel and resturant added to our great weekendSpecial Features:
- Poor expensive mealAnnetteDined on 8/30/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Greensboro but it has been mediocre to fair the last few times we have eaten there. We just came back from Ssn Francisco where every meal, including the inexpensive ones, were fantastic. I had stuffed eggplant that was all breading and dried out on a bed of couscous that was greasy and tasteless. My husband had the burger which was fair. The chocolate cake tasted like it came from a box. The wine was good. There are a lot of mediocre restaurants in Greensboro--I'm adding the GVG to that list.
- luv2eatDined on 8/29/2014We were there for a business meeting and the wait staff was very respectfulSpecial Features:
- Good but . . .NewVeggieDined on 8/27/2014We were frequent diners at the Green Valley Grill in the past and have always enjoyed our meals there. Recently we have gone far less as we have gone vegetarian and the menu there has few options. We had a special occasion with several people there. I called ahead to ensure that we would be able to make substitutions to menu items. I was told that would be easy and no problem. Unfortunately our waitress seemed uninformed and unwilling to ask the chef about some of our substitutions. The result was a lack of suitable options. Additionally one of our group cannot drink alcohol but wanted a virgin cocktail. The waitress also did not understand this request and also did not consult the barman. The drink was not appropriate for an adult.Special Features:
- no problems.lisa10VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great food good service. We had no problem. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!MyJ7312Dined on 8/23/2014Great Food, Wine List, just an awesome experience every time I go there.Special Features:
- Great eveningssirpDined on 8/22/2014We made our reservation for a large group the same day. They accommodated us on the patio. It was hot outside, but the patio was very comfortable. The food was delicious (I had the scallops). We plan on making reservations for our family when we come down for Family weekend at High Point University. Great place!!!Special Features:
- How Green Was My Grillode2foodDined on 8/21/2014We returned to Greensboro in late July 2014 after having been away for seven years. During the sixteen years we lived here, GVG was our go-to restaurant for family dinners or get-togethers with friends. It's a very comfortable restaurant with a menu that changes seasonally but also keeps favorites on the list. It was one of the first open-kitchen restaurants in this area, and it retains that feature, which I enjoy, because during our first visit after returning to GSO, I observed how professional and polite the kitchen staff are to one another. The wait staff have those same qualities. I wouldn't call it a "foodie" restaurant, but that doesn't mean that the food isn't good, because it is. It just doesn't come with a side of foam.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous menuREGNYCVIPDined on 8/21/2014The monthly/seasonal specials are always worth trying. But the old standbys, many of which have been on the menu for years, are hard to ignore. All are excellent. Consistently excellent from year to year.Special Features:
- Great Anniversarylove2eatDined on 8/20/2014We came here for our anniversary, and we will definitely be back. Food was good. My wife's meal came out tough at first. We told our waiter and he took it back to bring out a fresh new plate. It was perfect then. Had a nice time relaxing and chatting since it wasn't too noisy in the restaurant, but it also had enough background noise we weren't afraid to talk. They treated us with dessert - either because of our anniversary or because the meal came out incorrectly the first time. I don't know, but we did appreciate all that they did for us. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 8/19/2014Green Valley Grill never disappoints. My family and I go there for all special occasions. The bar is a great place to grab a small plate & an excellent cocktail.Special Features:
- Great meal!DinneroutDined on 8/19/2014We had a very good dinner, the meal was excellent, every part of the meal was a taste treated. Very fun experience, would highly recommend it and will return myself. The service could of been a little more attendative, the wait staff seem to make up for the lack of attention by our assigned waiter.Special Features:
- AudiAudiVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great spot, food, service very accommodating as we ran late for our reservation. I highly recommend GVG!Special Features:
- Disappointed againmemeVIPDined on 8/17/2014I decided to give this place a second try after two years but it still was good food! As a professional chef myself I thought it might have gotten better and it gets good reviews! The positive was the service, our waiter was attentive and efficient. I ordered the Parmesan crusted chicken and it was pounded thin creating a very dried piece of poultry. One of the two pieces was not cooked to proper temp. The mashed potatoes were watery with a badly prepared yellow gravy with bland taste. My teen ordered the burger and it was nothing to brag about! I won't be dining here again because it was ordinary food prepared in a poor manner for a high price! The sister restaurant the Print Works Bistro is a rated a 9 compared to this one I rate at 2!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerGSOFrequentVisitorDined on 8/16/2014Took my teenage daughter and my best friend to dinner for his birthday because everyone recommended the Green Valley Grill. It was excellent. I had the Parmesan Crusted Chicken; the mixture of goat cheese stuffed between the layers, and the fried capers on top was wonderful. Save room for dessert; the cheesecake brulle is exquisite!Special Features:
- Excellent MealWorldtravelerDined on 8/15/2014Everything about our meal was fantastic. Do not miss the pecan crusted trout, it was one of the best presentations we have ever had. Not only was the food great but the service and ambience was outstanding, too.Special Features:
- GreenValleyGrillExperienceStevesreviewsDined on 8/11/2014We were greeted professionally, which seems to be overlooked oftentimes at restaurants. This added to the quality of service we received for our dining experience. The restaurant has a delightful ambience. The Maitre d' and wait staff provided us with outstanding service. My compliments to the chef and the cooks as the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedbeaufortDined on 8/10/2014The french fries with truffle oil were delicious. The pecan-crusted trout was good and the 3 meat special (strip steak, pork, and lamb bacon) was interesting, somewhat good, but was covered in gravy. We were initially seated in a side room with a large family party. The party was steadily getting louder as they acted as though they were the only ones in the room. I asked for us to be re-seated in the main room where there were empty tables. We should have been seated there in the first place so that the family could enjoy their party without others in the room.Special Features: