Green Valley Grill
624 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Green Valley Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greenvalleygrill.com/
- Phone: 3368542015
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:15am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Thanksgiving Day: Dinner menu plus traditional favorites 12 noon - 8pm; Bar open until 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Leigh Hesling
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our versatile banquet facilities at Green Valley Grill and O.Henry Hotel can accommodate just about any need, whether you have 5 or 200 guests. Our elegant surroundings, convenient location in central Greensboro, attentive staff, gracious amenities and accomplished catering team ensure that you will enjoy every moment of your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our versatile, elegant banquet event spaces are located in the AAA Four Diamond O.Henry Hotel. Menus are specially designed for an unforgettable feast. We are conveniently located in central Greensboro, near UNCG, Moses Cone, downtown, Friendly Shopping Center and Greensboro airport.
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Sanecki 3368542000
- Special Events: Join Green Valley Grill Executive Chef Leigh Hesling for Cooking Class and Wine Pairing in a private event space at the O.Henry Hotel.
Visit our website for more events such as our special tea parties.
A word from Green Valley Grill
Visit us and enjoy informally elegant dining and seasonal food using old-world European culinary sensibilities and flavors from areas such as the Tuscan area of Italy or the Provence region of France. Our wine list receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence each year and features 50 wines by the glass. Have your own private wine tasting with our Wine Flights. The freshest food prepared by a passionate team, and served by friendly and competent people, is a recipe for a great dining experience. When you add an eclectic décor and dining alfresco in our Courtyard, you will imagine that you have traveled farther than you did. We welcome you to dine with us seven days a week for lunch, dinner, or late night. Adjacent to the O.Henry Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Green Valley Grill - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Green Valley Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
259 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (187)fit for foodies (148)great for lunch (118)romantic (118)great for outdoor dining (109)good for groups (100)great for brunch (95)neighborhood gem (93)notable wine list (89)vibrant bar scene (45)hot spot (43)late-night find (22)kid-friendly (20)scenic view (16)Show More
- Dinner with clients!DesignTimesDined on 10/20/2014I arrived with my clients 10 minutes after our reservation time and to my surprise, we were imidiately seated. After three hours and a few bottles of wine, we all really enjoyed our food and service. I will be back at the next market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends Night OutDinerOuterDined on 10/18/2014Our dinner with you was a total pleasure. Beautiful ambiance, excellent food and our wonderful waitress made our night out with friends absolutely unforgettable! Although, next time, we'll be sure to ask for a table near the window to have a view of the beautifully lit trees---so pretty! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014The food is incredible at this restaurant. Wonderful service! Will continue to dine here many more times.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantLove2eatDined on 10/12/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Greensboro ever. Great filet mignon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Top 10FoodieNFunDined on 10/12/2014A great restaurant and consistent - never a bad experience. The trout is good and the server was attentive. They are also very accomodating. I met a friend for brunch - her first time there. She loved it.Special Features:
- Out of TownersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We were in Greensboro to see if we'd like to relocate...we loved it in Greensboro, but even more after eating here!!! There were 4 of us and we all ordered something different...bites of them all prices exquisite!!! Bananas Foster French toast, "Crogal" sandwich, all delicious! The GVG potatoes were amazing!!! We are very impressed and when we move, we will be back for date night!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Evening OutdinnerfortwoDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I enjoyed an evening out on a Saturday and enjoyed every minute at the Green Valley Grill. We both had wood-fired menu items (chicken, lamb chops) and could not have been happier with our selections. The food was excellent. Also, our server was very pleasant and exceeded our expectations. Informal elegant dining just as described on the website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjjjVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was the first time we have eaten here as we are from out of town, visiting our daughter and her family. It was excellent and the server was excellent too.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/7/2014The lunch menu offers a wide range of choices. Good service without hovering.Special Features:
- Consistent as usualHoopercrabDined on 10/7/2014Top notch restaurant with a menu that changes seasonally. Great experience as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/5/2014Another wonderful dining experience with good food, good service, classy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGinaDined on 10/5/2014Excellent food and great ambiance. We celebrated a "milestone" anniversary there and had an outstanding meal. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieSDebbieDined on 10/3/2014We arrived early hoping to have a leasurly dinner, but felt rushed despite the fact the restaurant was nearly empty. Food was good and the restaurant is attractive. The too fast service made we wonder how fresh made the meal was.Special Features:
- mrchipsDined on 10/1/2014Have had lunch here 4-5 times over a several year period. Never disappointed> All aspects of the operation are very good but it is the whole package that makes it exceptional. Not a our note. The staff are particularly attentive and helpful. The afternoon tea in the lobby is a freat additional touch for those turning lunch into an afternoon.Special Features:
- Top Notch As AlwaysgsodinerVIPDined on 9/30/2014Once again my wife and I's go to dinner spot in Greensboro nailed it. Food was excellent and the service was, no surprise here, phenomenal. My wife had the grilled chicken salad and I feasted on the beef short ribs, both were cooked and prepared to perfection and were delivered to our table rather quickly. If you have not dined with GVG, you must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and comfortablehappyeaterDined on 9/27/2014It's always warm and inviting at the GVG, not for the food, but for the service and ambiance. The food fills the bill, pretty much the same menu for several years. The whole experience is a plus.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, large portionsJonesFamilyDined on 9/27/2014We are beginning to realize that potions are larger in the South. Here, "small plates" will likely fill you up. Sharing is a good idea. Get the lasagna and a small side salad. Skip the "recommended appetizers".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant but....GreatPlacestoDineVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have been to this restaurant twice. Great food and service was good but not what you would expect at a restaurant of this caliber. Dishes were not cleared off the table. I had to flag down the waiter to get another drink, twice. It was the same experience both times so it is obviously an expectation or training issue with the management.Special Features:
- New waiter?MissaDined on 9/27/2014Normally we have fabulous service here - this time we wondered if our waiter was new. He would disappear for a long stretch - didn't offer me another cocktail, and I would have ordered a glass of wine to go with my entree, but again, he was nowhere around. This is not the norm for GVG. Hopefully he is just getting the hang of things!Special Features:
- once again a great timeJKMillikenDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed the service, even with a first time serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014My guests called our event, a late night dinner party, "a class act." Much of the success was created by the environment/atmosphere and the food. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014We had our girls with us, and our waiter was great with them, treating them like people, and offering to make a Shirley temple when they couldn't decide what they wanted to drink. Excellent food as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014This was a special occasion brunch and very nice. We had some special needs that weren't on the menu and they weren't a problem. We arrived and our table was ready on time and they recognized my daughter and wished her a happy birthday! The specials sounded wonderful and our waiter was very informative and an experienced server. Can't say enough about our great experience. Glad to know this restaurant option is so close to campus for parents and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchMiss30Dined on 9/21/2014Thrilled with choice of Green Valley Grill for brunch. Will definitely be a repeat customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerwanted2likeitbutDined on 9/20/2014There is no doubt, we had a nice dinner. But, I think my expectations were just a little too high. People were super nice and welcoming. The food was good, but not exceptional. For the price, I'm sorry to say, I've had better. Would I come back...maybe....just to see if it was better the second time. Would I recommend it? Probably not.Special Features:
- FantasticDeanDined on 9/20/2014I have been here on several occasions and each time has been better than the last. Great food, great service, and reasonably priced. I recommend Green Valley Grill to anyone in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I really enjoyed my birthday brunch! Morgan was an awesome waitress who helped me choose my first legal drink for my 21st Birthday! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great! Will definitely be returning again!Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2014Another wonderful lunch --- good food, good service --- we are fortunate to have Green Valley Grill in Greensboro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful birthday lunch at the Green Valley Grill last Saturday. The food was delicious, the restaurant was beautiful and the service was impeccable! We wanted to sit outside on the gorgeous patio, but it was raining, so next time we'll opt for that. Our waiter was so gracious and when I asked for a glass of water to put my birthday flowers in, our waiter brought out a beautiful vase instead! They served the most delicious warm honey wheat bread and butter while we were waiting for our food. I would highly recommend the scallops over polenta with sauteed seasonal greens. Perfect portions and yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AudiAudiVIPDined on 9/12/2014Excellent experience, always consistent. Very pleasant staff allowing time to have a pre-dinner cocktail and "just come to the hostess when your ready"! It's a nice touch that doesn't give you the impression you're holding up the table. This has moved to #1 on our go to list when stay in town on a weekend.Special Features:
- Honeymoon nightGuntherBear55Dined on 9/12/2014I chose the O Henry Hotel and the Green Valley Grill for an overnight stay after the wedding. Absolutely perfect !! A most gracious and attentive staff. The Green Valley Grill menu and wine list is second to none. The food was perfect and the service our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nikkisDined on 9/12/2014The food is always great, no matter what you order. The atmosphere is perfect for that late day brunch, that celebration for a special occasion or just a quiet lunch. The wait staff is attentive to your every need and the politeness is beyond reproach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTenpinktoesDined on 9/10/2014We always come to Green Valley for our anniversary and special occassion dinners. The J Lohr cab. was great and my filet was cooked perfectly. There was one loud group there that evening but typically it is quiet. Ambiance is nice and servers are attentive.Special Features:
- Beautiful FindFarmboyfoodieDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I had our anniversary dinner here. The food is awesome. The variety of dishes should easily please anyone. Our waitress was fantastic and the drinks my wife and I had at the bar before dinner were well prepared. Try this place out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quaintance weaver do it rightes07066Dined on 9/6/2014Green Valley Grill is another jewel in the crown of the restaurant kings of Greensboro! Fantastic food, service, and ambiance! Love GVG and Printworks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed at all.MaverickDined on 9/5/2014This was my first visit to Green Valley Grill and I was very disappointed. I thought the food was poorly presented and not consistent with what one expects from a classier restaurant. Both entrees had truffle oil and I don't think either were complimented by this addition. Odd pairings in general on the plate and we found a much better dinner at Carrabbas the night after. On the positive side, the staff was very friendly and professional. If only the food reflected their class act.
- Can't wait to go againsoutherneaterDined on 8/31/2014I really enjoyed eating here. Great place for a couple dinner, I would recommend this to anyone wising to wine and dine in the Greensboro area. Great menu variety, and great wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch August 31, 2014NYtoNC76Dined on 8/31/2014I just want to say thank you for a wonderful brunch on Sunday, August 31. 2014. The Green Valley Grill is first class…our service was excellent, food was delicious and we were never rushed and our server (Megan M) was very gracious, friendly and attentive. We have enjoyed dining at Green Valley Grill in the past and will continue. Thank you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We went to o henry for a romantic getaway weekend. The motel was superband the green valley grill was perfect ..very nice weekend the motel and resturant added to our great weekendSpecial Features:
- Poor expensive mealAnnetteDined on 8/30/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Greensboro but it has been mediocre to fair the last few times we have eaten there. We just came back from Ssn Francisco where every meal, including the inexpensive ones, were fantastic. I had stuffed eggplant that was all breading and dried out on a bed of couscous that was greasy and tasteless. My husband had the burger which was fair. The chocolate cake tasted like it came from a box. The wine was good. There are a lot of mediocre restaurants in Greensboro--I'm adding the GVG to that list.