Green Street Tavern
69 W. Green Street
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Green Street Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greenstreettavern.net/
- Phone: 6262299961
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French American, International
- Executive Chef: Armen H.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Beautiful Large Dinning Room Available for Private Parties. When Emailing please indicate number of guests, and date. Also, the restaurant may be opened early morning for breakfast meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Ari Babaei 8183028222
A word from Green Street Tavern
Green Street Tavern is Dedicated to Offering You Great Food and Friendly Service. The restaurant has won many awards including Diners Choice Award 2011 & 2010, Top 5-Restaurants in Pasadena, and has been featured in several magazines. The menu offers vairety of amazing salads, tasty appetizers, and European influenced entrees. We welcome everyone to visit us, we look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Green Street Tavern - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Green Street Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (35)romantic (23)special occasion (22)great for lunch (15)good for groups (14)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- GST does it again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/17/2014GST serves up snapper like nobody's business. Last Wednesday's special was all manner of epicurean yum. Service as always impeccable. It's really a pleasure to return here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerBizTravelerDined on 9/8/2014Was traveling with a team for work and this was a later dinner on a Monday evening about 8:30PM. Selected last minute as close to the hotel. Food was fantastic for all 5 people and the menu had selections that were prepared that you will not find anywhere else. Wild Board meatloaf, short ribs and the Lamb were all raved about by our group. Solid wine list and overall reasonable prices. Service was very friendly and prompt, but the restaurant was pretty empty by the time we got there.Special Features:
- Very crammedAmzy1234Dined on 9/5/2014The tables were close together. Felt very stuffy. The food was mediocre. Ceasar salad sucked. Filet mignon was dry.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was good, great service the servers were really friendly, big smiles. Only thing i didnt like was that i had to be seated outside on the sidewalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Lamb TanginemarieccDined on 8/29/2014My friend and I started with the wild mushroom gnocchi which was woodsy, creamy, and delicious! We enjoyed the wine selection, and selected a bottle of the Qupe Syrah. We shared the beet salad which was perfectly dressed. My friend had the boar meatloaf which was good. The real star of the evening was the lamb tangine. The lamb was cooked perfectly, with lime and coconut, melt in your mouth delicious. Served with couscous and chickpeas, everything was balance and delightful. We finished with two desserts, the chocolate cake (good flavor, but a bit dry), and the crème brulee with berries, you can't go wrong with crème brulee!Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceNorwayGalVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been going to Green Street Tavern since it opened and have never had a bad meal. Everything is made with farm fresh ingredients. My favorite is the GST Burger with garlic truffle fries. Brunch there is also a treat.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningFidelisDined on 8/23/2014this is just a short note. I and two friends enjoyed the dining experience at the Green Street Tavern.the food was excellent, eclipsed only by the level of service. I usually judge a restaurant by how long it take somebody to fill my water glass, and this restaurant did not let it go dry.each of us ordered something different off the menu and shared. Every dish was exactly as it should have been -beautifully presented thoughtfully crafted, and extremely tasty. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for good food & conversationHappyCamperDined on 8/20/2014One of my best friends and I went for dinner mid-week and were seated in the larger room with banquettes, etc. It was dimly lit (almost too dim) but very comfortable. We ordered a glass of wine and were able to taste one or two before making a selection, an excellent Viognier. I ordered the Wednesday night special, which was branzini. It tasted great and the roasted fingerling potatoes & asparagus done just right - a good choice. My friend enjoyed her filet also. We ordered a dessert (chocolate cake) which my friend thought tasted "off" - maybe stale? Our server graciously let us order a substitute: the white chocolate bread pudding. It was really wonderful.Special Features:
- great foodCCLocalDined on 8/15/2014My sister and brother-in-law were in town and this restaurant was highly recommended. Each of us enjoyed the appetizer, the food and the wine. My brother-in-law tends to be hard to please, but he was very pleased with everything. The only issue was the temperature. While the AC was cranking, it didn't make a whole lot of difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers To Die For!TuckFergDined on 8/15/2014We went here for some wine and appetizers and were blown away how tasty it all was! And for the price, they brought out great portions. We had the Gnocchi and I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- OutstandingRandyDined on 8/14/2014The food and ambiance was fantastic. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencebakoDined on 8/3/2014We had a great experience at the Green Street Tavern. A party of 6 everyone ordered something different and everyone was quite pleased with their meal. They were not crowded so we had great service so can't speak to that if the restaurant was full. We all had a very nice time. Staff was pleasant and had great knowledge of the items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We randomly chose this restaurant after reading a few good online reviews--boy were we in for a treat! The special that night was the ribeye steak, and it was amazing! Well priced, and nicely portioned. We also ordered the short ribs with orzo and that was very delicious. The menu was thought out, but not pretentious. The staff was extremely friendly and easy to talk with--very attentive. We will be back!Special Features:
- Katie2bDined on 7/26/2014Great food. In addition, the noise level was low which was great for conversation with my sister and her daughter.Special Features:
- Sodium Overload and FliesonethreezeroDined on 7/26/2014I came here for brunch for the first time and...everything was soooooo salty. I don't know if this is their usual recipe, or if the chef just went overboard on the salt shaker that day, but everything we ordered tasted like sodium overload. It didn't help that there were several fruit flies and other species of flies, flying around the restaurant...
- Great food, but too noisyLAVisitorDined on 7/25/2014I was there with my boyfriend to celebrate my job promotion, so we hoped for quiet to talk about it. The food was good and the server was awesome. But we were packed in a corner behind a very noisy large group, and it was almost impossible for my date and I to hear each other. There was another party that arrived after us and seated in the table next to us, but instead of going around the large party, they squeezed through hitting me on the head with a purse and a Sephora bag - not the restaurant's fault but seating a large party in the middle and not consider the people all around was not fun. We were disappointed that the DineLA menu online did not match the one at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLAHalpVIPDined on 7/25/2014Restaurant posted a menu on DineLA site which was different from the one given at the restaurant..The attitude seemed to be "too bad" this is what we are offering tonight. Crab cakes were confused with crab croquettes.Special Features:
- A great dineLA findShaeDined on 7/23/2014I'd never heard of this place before I saw it on the list for dineLA Restaurant week. I'm so glad we gave it a chance. The food was amazing!! I had seared fish, crab cakes and brussel sprouts. All were delicious and perfectly prepared. Service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but slowBiffBumpawDined on 7/21/2014The members of my party enjoyed the taste of each item they ordered. Service was slow and the waitress indifferent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for dineLAjaneDined on 7/20/2014The crab croquettes were cold in the middle so we had to send it back. They replaced it without any questions asked, which is why I say the service was good. The rib-eye was a little too tough, but was just OK once we got to the center. The spinach that was served on the side was horrendous though. It was WAY too salty.. we LIKE salty too.. it was disappointing since we heard good things about this place AND my date had been there before. He said that his food was cold in the middle last time also, but liked the other dishes so was giving it another chance. Perhaps the dining experience was not good because it was dineLA menu..?Special Features:
- bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2014we waited for almost half an hour before we got our breakfast. the sofa seat was very uncomfortable. tables are too close to each other (less than one arm length away), the whole time I was forced to listen to the next table's conversation.
- Lots of potential, but a big misskimaculousDined on 7/19/2014Our dinner from the Dine LA menu started off fair, but with the entrée, it all fell apart. The waitress missed an order that never arrived, and the chef's definition of braised ribs, (that is slow cooked, ready to fall apart) got confused with seared (grilled on outside, completely rare inside). The 3rd meal was palatable but unimpressive. Ambience was good, noise level was good, spot in Pasadena was good. .. . so much potential, but a culinary disastrous evening.
- Outstanding and Unique Food & WineDesertSageDined on 7/18/2014Goat cheese gnocchi appetizer is exceptional. Crab cakes were also delicious. For dinner we ordered the Wild Boar Meatloaf and Smoked Pork Chop with polenta and an apple bourbon glaze. They were fantastic. Service was good, but the restaurant has a "shared server" approach in which multiple servers service the table. This results in more interruptions than necessary, reduced customer-server intimacy and lack of service continuity. A single server can read the customer and better control the pace of service. Ambiance is subdued and a bit sterile, but not unpleasant. Perhaps the addition of fresh flowers and some accent lighting throughout the dining room would add a little pert to the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The lunch was great and the service swift. In and out in an hour with an appetizer and main. Interesting menu. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014Loved their food, but the menu was quite limited. Beer and wine only...but good choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoD48DoD48Dined on 7/15/2014Green St Tavern has the buzz but i failed to find it coming from the kitchen. Beet Salad (had to search for them) had watercress with some cheese and small (very) pcs of beets. The short rib entree was tough and the orzo pasty. The wine list was quite good and the prices were reasonable. My date had the salmon special and found it dry and overcooked. Its not a place i would recommend. When we arrived they were not crowded so the kitchen wasn't slammed...we ordered off the Dine LA menu which is limited to just a few dishes for each course....the quality was inexcusable.
- green street tavernrosypDined on 7/15/2014I advise using open table because making a reservation through the website, we were seated right when we walked into the restaurant. The restaurant is broken up into two halves, preferably ask to sit in the back half it is way more spacious and gives more of a "date" feel.Special Features:
- Never disappointsHappyDinerVIPDined on 7/15/2014One of my favorite neighborhood spots for a tasty lunch, and great dinners as well. When crowded, the noise can be difficult, but the food makes up for the sound. The Pasadena Cobb Salad is a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green Street TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Took advantage of the Dine LA week specials offerings. My crab cakes & arugula appetizer itself was enough to stem my hunger! And I still had the main course to go. The Green Tavern burger that followed was delicious, cheesy and big! I cannot get enough garlic on my garlic fries! These were tasty. I was unable to finish my burger, so I took it home for later noshing! I forget this little jewel of a restaurant and bar exists almost on the corner of Green & Delacey...need to return!Special Features:
- Delicious and LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was amazing--cooked to perfection, brilliant flavors, great wine list. Our food took an hour to get to us, but it was worth the wait. The place is crazy loud--distractingly. But, I'd go back. Food and service (professional!) was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlmostDave007Dined on 7/12/2014The food was well prepared, cooked well and had good flavors, but I found it to be heavily over-salted which is a big mistake when you are looking at a tab of over $50 per person with wine. The ambiance was nice especially in the back room. The service was good.Special Features:
- good brunchdiningexplorerDined on 7/12/2014When I looked at menu for Green Street Tavern, I only looked at the lunch menu. When I went it was Saturday so it was a brunch menu. Everything was freshly made and delicious. I really enjoyed the fresh hollandaise sauce and the grilled ham on the Benedict! I m anxious to return for lunch and dinner!Special Features:
- fernVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great service. The duck sliders we ordered were a little dry and the server noticed we weren't to happy with the dish. He immediately took it away and apologized and took it off the bill. The drinks are great. Haven't been there for dinner yet but can take wait to try itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for business lunch meetinggrazerDined on 7/8/2014Food was good if a little slow. Waitress very attentive and alert. It was very quiet when we were there but the street did get parked up by 12:30 - 1 PMSpecial Features:
- Rediscovered PlaceRisForRocketDined on 6/27/2014After ignoring this place for a couple of years, I have been there twice in the last months as other restaurants in the area closed. Great meals at reasonable price. A steak special two weeks ago came with a free glass of CabSpecial Features:
- A Perfect Oasis on Green StMarkinKYVIPDined on 6/20/2014We found Green St Tavern on Open Table and we were so happy we did. I cannot think of one missed step, from the excellent service to the outstanding food. In particular their special gnocchi was on par with the best dishes we've had traveling in Umbria and Tuscany. The salads were superb and sadly we didn't have room for dessert. Our only regret is that we don't live in California so we'll have to wait for our next trip!
- excellent food and servicepashmVIPDined on 6/18/2014Reservation was pretty late and most of the dinners wrapping up their dining on the Wednesday night. However when we got in the staff greeted us with warmth and pleasant smileys. Food was amazing (pork chops and daily special steak cut) were delicious. The food was paired with great wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Went to Green Street Tavern for Father's Day dinner. The food was very good, particularly the lamb and the boar. Very limited beer/ale selection for a "tavern" although the wine list is extensive. The service was also good, but not exceptional. The ambiance was not the best; we were seated in the front section near the front door. Request the back room if you do go - much better there. Best for couples; don't bring the kids.
- Très bonne.VitoDined on 6/1/2014Good food and pleasant atmosphere. A bit of a secret but hopefully word will get out. The Lamb Tagine is nicely spiced and presented. Close you eyes, take a bite and imagine yourself as a pied noir visiting the Magrheb. Get a table by the window for a nice view of Green Street while you enjoy you meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the food and serviceRJJoDined on 5/31/2014We had never been to this restaurant before but we are very glad we went. Will definitely return.Special Features: