Green Street Tavern
69 W. Green Street
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Green Street Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greenstreettavern.net/
- Phone: (626) 229-9961
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French American, International
- Executive Chef: Armen H.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Beautiful Large Dinning Room Available for Private Parties. When Emailing please indicate number of guests, and date. Also, the restaurant may be opened early morning for breakfast meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Ari Babaei 8183028222
A word from Green Street Tavern
Green Street Tavern is Dedicated to Offering You Great Food and Friendly Service. The restaurant has won many awards including Diners Choice Award 2011 & 2010, Top 5-Restaurants in Pasadena, and has been featured in several magazines. The menu offers vairety of amazing salads, tasty appetizers, and European influenced entrees. We welcome everyone to visit us, we look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Green Street Tavern - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Green Street Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (27)romantic (24)great for lunch (14)good for groups (14)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (12)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Tl2014Dined on 11/16/2014Chicken from Watercress and beet salad is overcooked, tough and rubbery. Grilled tomato and burrata with pesto was very good. A little bit overpriced for one tomato dish. Scrambled eggs and hash did not come with toast. We had to order the toast separately. Toast should come with the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great value for fine diningpasadenagirlDined on 11/6/2014Our 4th or 5th time here. I guess that says it all. Excellent food and service. Smallish space which can sometimes be a bit noisy. Nice wine list with $15 corkage. Main complaint would be smallish menu which does not change very frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad food, bad service and noisyfamilyguyDined on 10/28/2014menu is paper menu with stains from other eater. Very noisy. I ordered Salmon, which is over-burnt on the grill. One of the waiter is very indifferent to us.Special Features:
- Loud!!!MikeDined on 10/18/2014The main dining room in the back is very loud, the conversations amplify and reverberate to the point that everyone is yelling to be heard. Once half the place cleared out, it was tolerable. But, because of that, I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic dinner. I had a pasta dish that lacked flavor and the portion was very small. My friend had lamb and that was excellent. So, hit or miss I guess. Wine list was decent. Glass of house for $10 a glass is kind of pricey.Special Features:
- Superior food and servicediningoutDined on 10/16/2014Well located a block from Colorado Avenue, The Green Street Tavern has an interesting varied (something for everyone) menu (Wild Boar Meatloaf) that is well-prepared and attractively presented. The service is excellent. The small, softly lit rooms make it easy to converse. We tried both Pinot Noirs and found the $12 glass outstanding; the other was very drinkable, but not interesting. The butter leaf and the beet/watercress and baked goat cheese salad were the best ever. I would also recommend the wild mushroom Gnocci. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Terrific PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant was recommended to me by friends, and what a treat it was. The food, service & ambience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ..Gr8tDined on 10/12/2014...........................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Little PlaceMelanieMcVIPDined on 10/11/2014Was meeting a girlfriend for lunch before a lazy afternoon of pedicures. This was a perfect place to meet. Lovely brunch menu with just the right selection of salads, sandwiches, and breakfast items. Very thoughtful and attentive service and the room is lovely. It is quiet and serene and very comfortable. The burger and the quiche were both great. The bread pudding was a wonderful finish!!Special Features:
- Nice cozy spotTes176Dined on 10/10/2014This was my second visit to Green Street Tavern. The first visit, my boyfriend and I were just on an afternoon walk and decided to stop in and try it. We really enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service the first time so we decided to go back. The second visit was just as pleasant as the first. The food was very good and the wait staff was attentive and courteous. It is a small restaurant (sit in the back section if you'd like a little more elbow room) but the atmosphere feels very cozy and friendly.Special Features:
- fantastic foodrr23Dined on 10/4/2014Randomly found this restaurant online as it was close to an activity we were going to later that night. This was the best restaurant I have been to in a very long time. The food was excellent and the service and atmosphere was great as well. My whole party of 6 could not stop talking about how good the food was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdinnerDined on 10/1/2014We attended the Wednesday night wine pairing. Steak and Justin was a very nice pairing. The carrot puree and brussels sprouts with fingerling potatoes were prepared perfectly. Slightly crisp tender, not mushy. The steak was nicely charred on the outside while tender and juicy on the inside. And, of course, what's not to like about a glass of Justin Cabernet Sauvignon. The wait staff was very attentive...empty dishes were whisked away with barely a notice and glasses were filled without asking. The room is small and noisy when full, but we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but had an off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014I chose to take my family here for my parents wedding anniversary. I have been here a few times for other special occasions and it's always been memorable. This night there were a few one-offs though. My waiter poured a glass of water with a fly in it. Two Pork Chops were supposed to be cooked to medium, they were cold in the center and mostly raw. However, their service was impeccable, both pork chops were re-cooked to perfection, brought out with fresh sides. The chef apologized and comped the dish, provided two of their white chocolate croissant bread puddings on the house, as well as offered to make an entirely new dish. The one-offs were barely noticeable compared to the rest of the amazing food and service. Can't wait until I go back.Special Features:
- In Old Town PasadenaSimiDanDined on 9/28/2014I picked Green Street Tavern because we wanted to meet friends someplace half way between Simi Valley and Ontario. I searched TripAdvisor and OpenTable and zeroed in on the GST. Service was great, the atmosphere was calm and not rushed. The place is very small and reservations are required. At first it seems off the beaten path because all the neighboring art deco buildings are being restored, but it's only a block south of Colorado Bl. is you want the hype and crowds. The drink list is excellent - micro brewery beers and private vineyard wines. You will get a lot of food, so bring your appetite.Special Features:
- Best Food in Old PasadenaNorwayGalVIPDined on 9/26/2014Green Street Tavern has the most wonderful food. Their GST burger is the best burger I have ever had, and everything on the menu is good. I like that their ingredients are locally sourced and fresh. The wait staff is also outstanding. I have been coming here since it opened and I have never had bad service. They are always very welcoming and friendly.Special Features:
- Innovative ChefSingleDinerDined on 9/24/2014This is a cozy restaurant with a sophisticated atmosphere. The chef is so innovative. I'm particularly fond of their red meats or fish served on veggie purees. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GST does it again!The3ladiesVIPDined on 9/17/2014GST serves up snapper like nobody's business. Last Wednesday's special was all manner of epicurean yum. Service as always impeccable. It's really a pleasure to return here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerBizTravelerDined on 9/8/2014Was traveling with a team for work and this was a later dinner on a Monday evening about 8:30PM. Selected last minute as close to the hotel. Food was fantastic for all 5 people and the menu had selections that were prepared that you will not find anywhere else. Wild Board meatloaf, short ribs and the Lamb were all raved about by our group. Solid wine list and overall reasonable prices. Service was very friendly and prompt, but the restaurant was pretty empty by the time we got there.Special Features:
- Very crammedAmzy1234Dined on 9/5/2014The tables were close together. Felt very stuffy. The food was mediocre. Ceasar salad sucked. Filet mignon was dry.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was good, great service the servers were really friendly, big smiles. Only thing i didnt like was that i had to be seated outside on the sidewalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Lamb TanginemarieccDined on 8/29/2014My friend and I started with the wild mushroom gnocchi which was woodsy, creamy, and delicious! We enjoyed the wine selection, and selected a bottle of the Qupe Syrah. We shared the beet salad which was perfectly dressed. My friend had the boar meatloaf which was good. The real star of the evening was the lamb tangine. The lamb was cooked perfectly, with lime and coconut, melt in your mouth delicious. Served with couscous and chickpeas, everything was balance and delightful. We finished with two desserts, the chocolate cake (good flavor, but a bit dry), and the crème brulee with berries, you can't go wrong with crème brulee!Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceNorwayGalVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been going to Green Street Tavern since it opened and have never had a bad meal. Everything is made with farm fresh ingredients. My favorite is the GST Burger with garlic truffle fries. Brunch there is also a treat.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningFidelisDined on 8/23/2014this is just a short note. I and two friends enjoyed the dining experience at the Green Street Tavern.the food was excellent, eclipsed only by the level of service. I usually judge a restaurant by how long it take somebody to fill my water glass, and this restaurant did not let it go dry.each of us ordered something different off the menu and shared. Every dish was exactly as it should have been -beautifully presented thoughtfully crafted, and extremely tasty. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for good food & conversationHappyCamperDined on 8/20/2014One of my best friends and I went for dinner mid-week and were seated in the larger room with banquettes, etc. It was dimly lit (almost too dim) but very comfortable. We ordered a glass of wine and were able to taste one or two before making a selection, an excellent Viognier. I ordered the Wednesday night special, which was branzini. It tasted great and the roasted fingerling potatoes & asparagus done just right - a good choice. My friend enjoyed her filet also. We ordered a dessert (chocolate cake) which my friend thought tasted "off" - maybe stale? Our server graciously let us order a substitute: the white chocolate bread pudding. It was really wonderful.Special Features:
- great foodCCLocalDined on 8/15/2014My sister and brother-in-law were in town and this restaurant was highly recommended. Each of us enjoyed the appetizer, the food and the wine. My brother-in-law tends to be hard to please, but he was very pleased with everything. The only issue was the temperature. While the AC was cranking, it didn't make a whole lot of difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers To Die For!TuckFergDined on 8/15/2014We went here for some wine and appetizers and were blown away how tasty it all was! And for the price, they brought out great portions. We had the Gnocchi and I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- OutstandingRandyDined on 8/14/2014The food and ambiance was fantastic. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencebakoDined on 8/3/2014We had a great experience at the Green Street Tavern. A party of 6 everyone ordered something different and everyone was quite pleased with their meal. They were not crowded so we had great service so can't speak to that if the restaurant was full. We all had a very nice time. Staff was pleasant and had great knowledge of the items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We randomly chose this restaurant after reading a few good online reviews--boy were we in for a treat! The special that night was the ribeye steak, and it was amazing! Well priced, and nicely portioned. We also ordered the short ribs with orzo and that was very delicious. The menu was thought out, but not pretentious. The staff was extremely friendly and easy to talk with--very attentive. We will be back!Special Features:
- Katie2bDined on 7/26/2014Great food. In addition, the noise level was low which was great for conversation with my sister and her daughter.Special Features:
- Sodium Overload and FliesonethreezeroDined on 7/26/2014I came here for brunch for the first time and...everything was soooooo salty. I don't know if this is their usual recipe, or if the chef just went overboard on the salt shaker that day, but everything we ordered tasted like sodium overload. It didn't help that there were several fruit flies and other species of flies, flying around the restaurant...
- Great food, but too noisyLAVisitorDined on 7/25/2014I was there with my boyfriend to celebrate my job promotion, so we hoped for quiet to talk about it. The food was good and the server was awesome. But we were packed in a corner behind a very noisy large group, and it was almost impossible for my date and I to hear each other. There was another party that arrived after us and seated in the table next to us, but instead of going around the large party, they squeezed through hitting me on the head with a purse and a Sephora bag - not the restaurant's fault but seating a large party in the middle and not consider the people all around was not fun. We were disappointed that the DineLA menu online did not match the one at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLAHalpVIPDined on 7/25/2014Restaurant posted a menu on DineLA site which was different from the one given at the restaurant..The attitude seemed to be "too bad" this is what we are offering tonight. Crab cakes were confused with crab croquettes.Special Features:
- A great dineLA findShaeDined on 7/23/2014I'd never heard of this place before I saw it on the list for dineLA Restaurant week. I'm so glad we gave it a chance. The food was amazing!! I had seared fish, crab cakes and brussel sprouts. All were delicious and perfectly prepared. Service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 681 reviews are from the Green Street Tavern reviews archive.
- Tasty but slowBiffBumpawDined on 7/21/2014The members of my party enjoyed the taste of each item they ordered. Service was slow and the waitress indifferent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for dineLAjaneDined on 7/20/2014The crab croquettes were cold in the middle so we had to send it back. They replaced it without any questions asked, which is why I say the service was good. The rib-eye was a little too tough, but was just OK once we got to the center. The spinach that was served on the side was horrendous though. It was WAY too salty.. we LIKE salty too.. it was disappointing since we heard good things about this place AND my date had been there before. He said that his food was cold in the middle last time also, but liked the other dishes so was giving it another chance. Perhaps the dining experience was not good because it was dineLA menu..?Special Features:
- bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2014we waited for almost half an hour before we got our breakfast. the sofa seat was very uncomfortable. tables are too close to each other (less than one arm length away), the whole time I was forced to listen to the next table's conversation.
- Lots of potential, but a big misskimaculousDined on 7/19/2014Our dinner from the Dine LA menu started off fair, but with the entrée, it all fell apart. The waitress missed an order that never arrived, and the chef's definition of braised ribs, (that is slow cooked, ready to fall apart) got confused with seared (grilled on outside, completely rare inside). The 3rd meal was palatable but unimpressive. Ambience was good, noise level was good, spot in Pasadena was good. .. . so much potential, but a culinary disastrous evening.
- Outstanding and Unique Food & WineDesertSageDined on 7/18/2014Goat cheese gnocchi appetizer is exceptional. Crab cakes were also delicious. For dinner we ordered the Wild Boar Meatloaf and Smoked Pork Chop with polenta and an apple bourbon glaze. They were fantastic. Service was good, but the restaurant has a "shared server" approach in which multiple servers service the table. This results in more interruptions than necessary, reduced customer-server intimacy and lack of service continuity. A single server can read the customer and better control the pace of service. Ambiance is subdued and a bit sterile, but not unpleasant. Perhaps the addition of fresh flowers and some accent lighting throughout the dining room would add a little pert to the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The lunch was great and the service swift. In and out in an hour with an appetizer and main. Interesting menu. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014Loved their food, but the menu was quite limited. Beer and wine only...but good choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.