Green Street Restaurant
146 S Shopper's Lane
Pasadena, CA 91101Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Green Street Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.greenstreetrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6265777170
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am, Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Grant Rowe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Happy Hour - $5.00 Cocktails; $5.00 Small Bites - Week days 4:30 - 6:30
A word from Green Street Restaurant
Green Street Restaurant is where Pasadenans go to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner and it's been a Pasadena tradition since 1979. It is centrally located just off South Lake Avenue and is within walking distance of hotels, the convention center, the Pasadena Playhouse and popular shopping areas. Green Street has an eclectic menu featuring savory salads (the ever popular and addicting Dianne Salad is ordered over 2,000 times per week), tasty meats, fresh fish and creative sandwiches served on wonderful breads. Guests enjoy a full bar and interesting wines by the glass on a beautiful patio or in the airy interior. Take-out and full catering services are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Green Street Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Green Street Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (99)great for lunch (96)neighborhood gem (90)great for brunch (77)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (53)kid-friendly (31)special occasion (31)romantic (9)hot spot (8)notable wine list (6)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- The Other Breakfast of Champions27altoidsDined on 9/28/2014From the cozy atmosphere of the dining rooms, to the warm feeling you get from the staff who treat you as a valued guest whether you've been here for the first time or for 15 years, Green Street Restaurant is an inviting eatery. Six of us (or 5.5, if you want to get technical on the 3-year-old we had) came in for a Sunday breakfast that was outstanding, minus some hash browns that tasted a bit like soap. Really, the potatoes were the only fly in the ointment here, with the zucchini bread outclassing everything else on the menu - there's a reason it comes with many entrees, and why we took some to go. The service was impeccable, the refills were frequent and the Green Street Restaurant more than lives up to its reputation the locals give it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater saladAllanGDined on 9/27/2014This is our go-to place for dinner before the Pasadena Playhouse, and we always order the Diane Salad (their speciality). The entree-size is VERY large.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffoodieDined on 9/27/2014Our first visit, but we'll be back. There were five of us and each person had a different entrée. Everyone liked what they ordered. I had the Cuban burger which, although fairly expensive, was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. Service was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They also have some unusual drinks which I haven't seen at other restaurants. The bar is very creative. All in all, a great experience.Special Features:
- Very good neighborhood restaurantGimmeFoodVIPDined on 9/21/2014Chose this restaurant based on the number of good reviews. Green Street did not disappoint. Food was very tasty, presented well, and generous portions. We went on a busy Sunday, so as expected, the restaurant was packed. As others have said, this creates quite a bit of noise. And, service was a bit slow and not very attentive. But, I'll definitely be back when I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Hidden GemlawcatDined on 9/21/2014I have been going to this restaurant for almost 30 years.n It great for either an informal meal, or a power breakfast or lunch. The inside is nicely appointed and the tables outside, while a bit loud, offer a lighter feel. Everything our party ordered was very good and to order. This eatery is on Shoppers Lane, a euphemism for alley; yet there are numerous fine restaurants up and down this alley so do not let that throw you. For lunch, this is definitely a salad orientated menu, but there are many other things to order as well. While many restaurants and shops nearby have come and gone over 30 years, Green Street has remained a fixture by continuously offering sumptuous food for good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigFanStillSmilingDined on 9/19/2014Met for dinner with 3 out of town guests. They all had the Diane Salad with Kale and raved about it....and the zucchini bread. Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Friendly foodie meetingstarDined on 9/10/2014We had the most attentive waiter; we were so involved with our conversation we barely noticed him refiling our drinks, clearing our table and noticing when we were finished with appetizers to clear the table and bring dinners it was almost like he was dancing around our conversion without making us feel as though our time was up!! Will definitely return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014The reviews, in my opinion, were better than the restaurant. It was ok, but not great.
- Great for BreakfastVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had our weekly meeting at Green street for breakfast. Would recommend for business or families.Special Features:
- EmuseDined on 9/1/2014It was a holiday so one must take that into consideration but the entrees took so long that the server felt terrible and kept apologizing. The food was delicious, warm and well prepared. Our waitress Pat was full of good humor and great service.Special Features:
- Cheerful StaffJuliePDined on 9/1/2014We ate outside. Beautiful morning! Our group of 6 consisted of a 2 yr and a 5 month old, and we sent one plate back a couple of times and asked for extras (jelly, more this more that)!!! ha ha ha. Sorry! Your energetic staff was very accommodating and went with the flow. Made our breakfast! EXCELLENT service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodgigiDined on 8/31/2014Green Street always is a great place for us to go, especially for outdoor dining. They always put such interesting ingredients together for their menu that never fail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Dinnervjh1Dined on 8/30/2014We met a friend for dinner and had a great time at Green Street. We all enjoyed our food and drinks, tried a specialty Manhattan that was very good. Our server was friendly but didn't interrupt. We stayed late and did not feel rushed or pushed. We'll be back.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesLaurieSVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything is prepared fresh and good. Special attention is given to dietary needs. Service is awesome. That is why I keep coming back!Special Features:
- Good food, but can get loudAshKashVIPDined on 8/27/2014Visited the restaurant for a going away luncheon with three other colleagues. The lunch time crowd can make this place busy and noisy. Overall experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Wanted a quiet place to have lunch with my sister while I visited from MA. When we were able to get a table in the far corner, we were pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSuzanneDined on 8/26/2014I have been here many times. It is my go to restaurant with friends, fabulous saladsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousDined on 8/23/2014Hidden away behind The Commons, this place is a great find and fits the Pasadena restaurant scene very well. It remains classy through its warm bustle. The food is good and the service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for dinnerajb1Dined on 8/23/2014We brought some foreign visitors who had dietary restrictions to the restaurant. The range of offerings on the menu made it a perfect match. The appetizer portions were huge and everyone liked their entrees. I had the parmesian crusted chicken and it was moist and tasty. Our guests had the talapia which was cooked perfectly. One thing I particularly liked was no music and that the noise levels were reasonable so we could hear each other talk. Although we don't live in Pasadena, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfastMcmdkddVIPDined on 8/23/2014Green Street is a great spot for breakfast ir brunch. Although known for their lunch and dinner specialities, they have a wondwrful selection of item for breakfast--- including several benedicts, egg dishes, omlettes, french toast pancakes etc. all very delicious and the bar even makes great mimisas and bellinis !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all-around spotgolocalDined on 8/21/2014Green Street Restaurant has been a go-to spot for our family for several years now. It's great for a lunch or dinner, has a wonderful selection of interesting menu items, and it has been a traditional spot for me to bring a group of summer interns for a "farewell" dinner for everyone. This is not an inexpensive place, but it won't break the bank, either. The Dianne salad is a small bit of heaven, and it's now available in three different sizes, as are the rest of their salads, but also in a set of baked cups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoicejosephstaffordharperDined on 8/17/2014Green Street is an excellent choice when you are looking for good food and friendly efficient service for brunch or lunch.Special Features:
- great foodShawnDined on 8/16/2014great food once again...the dianne salad did not disappoint. love the kale dianne too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place for LunchLindallDined on 8/7/2014Met with a group of friends again at Green St. I so enjoy this restaurant for the service food and ambiance....highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Energetic Noise Level?AugustaDined on 8/7/2014What is energetic noise level? It was very loud and distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happypatron1Dined on 8/5/2014Green Street Restaurant never disappoints you for having great food, wine and of course, the wait staff. Excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Love their kale Diane salad!FreshSeafoodLuverDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I tried their Diane salad w/kale, and it was delicious! We loved it, and would eat it again. We also had the 8oz steak; it was ok. It was pretty bland, and we had to ask for steak sauce. Service was good, the time to get seated was short, and the noise level was pretty loud (the acoustics in the room are not that great). The only negative is that they don't validate for the parking garage that is right next door to it.
- Open Table ReservationLongtimedinerDined on 8/3/2014We may just have overlooked it, but this was the first time we had used an "open table" reservation. It was very comfortable to walk right in and be seated immediately. Green Street is one of our family's favorites, and we go there frequently, so this was just one more nice addition. The food and service were excellent, as usualSpecial Features:
- Repeat gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Have been here many times when we visit family in Pasadena. Great spot to enjoy a glass of wine and a good meal while wandering Lake Av!Special Features:
- Great ServiceserialkillerDined on 8/1/2014The food was delivered really quickly and the Dianne Salad is a not to miss item.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!OPattyDined on 7/28/2014We took friends to Green Street for dinner -- a special occasion. The food was wonderful, the ambience was lovely, and the noise level was perfect for great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sylcovaDined on 7/28/2014The zucchini bread was phenomenal and is reason alone to continue coming back. Great variety of fresh salads and sandwiches, large portions.Special Features:
- VaguebleudeparisDined on 7/27/2014We like that kind of restaurant, very familiar like the French' s restaurant ( a la campagne ), one thing was too bad, they charged the open's wine bottle for $ 8.00, the other restaurant charged half of their price, any way, overall was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!BarbaraDined on 7/27/2014The service and food was wonderful. Thank you for a great dining experience with my family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, not great.DineOutAlotDined on 7/25/2014All the food was very good----ordered the kobi sliders "as rare as possible" but came out well done. Meat was excellent so they were still good, not great. Had ordered the fruit instead of sweet potato fries, but they brought me the fries----they were soggy and tasteless but they brought me a side of fruit. The server altho good, must have forgotten to write down" rare & fruit"; potato chips were EXCELLENT as an appetizer. We sat at table #29.Special Features:
- Terrific!rlomDined on 7/25/2014I have been a customer for many years and the food (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) was always as good as the last time, I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014As always, most enjoyable. This time it was a little noisey. So we had to speak up. I know there is nothing you can do, but we were batting the birds away! (Don't tell Peta!) In fact one of them managed to get to our bread when we were not looking! Overall, a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jdrey2Dined on 7/11/2014when we checked at the host stand the hostess said they did not have my reservation. I told her Open Table sent me a conformation that morning. She did not have it & thought I was at the wrong restaurant. No - I was at the right one. The manager was able to seat us (2) on the patio as requested. The Dianne Salad is outstanding, as is the zucchini bread! Both of us had the Summer Pasta with shrimp which was delicious! This is a great restaurant for lunch - I have not yet been for dinner; but will check it out.Special Features:
- Fav local spotmonkeypodDined on 7/5/2014This is one of my favorite local spots to go to if its either to catch lunch for a friend or go for brunch on the weekend with my husband... Haven't tried anything here that we have dislike so far.... you get to pick to either sit inside or outdoors... service is good... atmosphere is nice and after your meal you can go out and stroll the neighborhood and shopSpecial Features:
- Always Good!JuanpabloDined on 7/2/2014The Green Street Restaurant successfully works hard to maintain its well-deserved reputation for great food and outstanding service. We never tire of it!Special Features: