Green Street Restaurant
146 S Shopper's Lane
Pasadena, CA 91101Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Green Street Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.greenstreetrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (626) 577-7170
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am, Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Grant Rowe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Happy Hour - $5.00 Cocktails; $5.00 Small Bites - Week days 4:30 - 6:30
A word from Green Street Restaurant
Green Street Restaurant is where Pasadenans go to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner and it's been a Pasadena tradition since 1979. It is centrally located just off South Lake Avenue and is within walking distance of hotels, the convention center, the Pasadena Playhouse and popular shopping areas. Green Street has an eclectic menu featuring savory salads (the ever popular and addicting Dianne Salad is ordered over 2,000 times per week), tasty meats, fresh fish and creative sandwiches served on wonderful breads. Guests enjoy a full bar and interesting wines by the glass on a beautiful patio or in the airy interior. Take-out and full catering services are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Green Street Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Green Street Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (93)great for lunch (92)neighborhood gem (92)great for brunch (71)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (52)kid-friendly (35)special occasion (28)hot spot (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (6)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014I always have a pleasant experience each time I dine here! The food is consistently delicious, staff are courteous and accomodating and the Zucchini Bread is the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our birthday celebration on the patiofunloverDined on 11/21/2014Waitress was great, servers attentive and atmosphere was enjoyable. Very nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Dianne ain't what it used to be!kariotakiDined on 11/21/2014I like this restaurant but the Dianne, its signature salas ain't what it used to be. Not flavorful at all. The dipping sauce for the sweet potato fries was too garlicky for my taste. The menu offers a variety of choices and suits mny tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HummingbarbDined on 11/19/2014The date appetizer with a twist was delicious. The best grilled cheese I have ever eaten. The house wine was great and a great buy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnDined on 11/13/2014Service was great. The food came out fast. There were 6 of us. Table was ready and waiting for us. Still love the Diane salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food without the fussSeaBarbDined on 11/11/2014Always have a good experience at Green Street. Good service, generous portions, great flavors, lots of menu choices. Like the patio when weather permits. I'm not a local but do make this a favored stop when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was goodmickeyfrombuffaloDined on 11/11/2014We were seated on time, at a nice table in the corner. Service was prompt, but we never felt hurried. Lunch menu was pretty standard. My club sandwich was tasty, but hard to eat because the meat was cut so thickly. Coffee was delicious. And while the wait staff was attentive, the waiter kept calling us GIRLS. We are two old college friends in our 60s...I'm not flattered.Special Features:
- Green Street RestaurantVoozle1Dined on 11/10/2014Love Green Street and have been coming here for over thirty years!Special Features:
- Great QualitySavydinerDined on 10/30/2014Green street takes such pride in serving fresh, quality ingredients to make delicious entrees. Your customers appricate it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green Street continuesweeloDined on 10/28/2014Green Street has always been a favorite of mine! Our last visit further cements my positive feelings. A group of 14 was easily, patiently accommodated, complete with separate checks! The quality of their menu offerings continues to please and there is nothing like the Dianne salad!Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!GermaicanSpiceDined on 10/26/2014I've been coming here for many years...the food is excellent and I love the fact that you can also sit outside on a warm day. I do miss their "Frank's Tortilla Salad"...it was my favorite one, however the other salads are equally superb!!! I always have a hard time deciding what to order there, because everything is simply wonderful. One thing's for sure...you will not leave that place hungry, the salads are huge, the zucchini bread and the honey or is is apple butter is to die for! Not the cheapest place around, but well worth the extra money...the quality of the food there is tops!Special Features:
- fantastic neighborhood brunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2014Great sort of a neighborhood feel. Perfect for brunch. Zucchini bread was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choice!GregsgirlDined on 10/25/2014Any time we are in the area, we try to eat At Green Street. The food is always good and service could not be better. They have interesting choices on the menu and have never been disappointed. Wish they could validate parking.Special Features:
- Perfect for old friends...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The Green Street Restaurant was the perfect spot for a get together with an old friend. The food was great, and the noise level wasn't intrusive into our "catch-up" conversation.Special Features:
- artdinerDined on 10/23/2014I discovered Green St. on the internet while hunting for a restaurant in the Pasadena area. The food was delicious and I loved their Dianne salad. We enjoyed dining on the patio. The service was excellent as well. We plan to dine there again when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencemartyDined on 10/23/2014Green Street in a wonderful restaurant. Excellent food, interesting menu, fine service.Special Features:
- Sunday Mimosa/BrunchIrishKellyDined on 10/19/2014Grouo of 6 girls and baby(quiet one) and service was fast....attentive....updated attention....jusr what a group of hens needed for brunch!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/19/2014The dining room was busy and somewhat noisy, as is usual for Sunday brunch. Food was delicious and service was attentive, as we have come to expect. Visits ton Green Steeet have become a tradition for our twice-yearly trips to Pasadena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor diningScotchtimeDined on 10/18/2014Had a group of 5 meet for lunch on a Saturday. We sat on the patio which was very nice since the weather was perfect. There were plenty of umbrellas around to block the direct sun. Food was good. Most of us did the halfer with a sandwich and salad which were all delicious. Only down side to the whole experience was the very slow and unattentive service. Fortunately we were not in a rush. I would go back for lunch.Special Features:
- Great food and casual atmospereKimikoDined on 10/16/2014Who doesn't love the Diane Salad... Also tried the pork chop and it was delicious. The carrot cake was wonderful as well. I even got there in time to hit the Happy Hour---we got a Cab and Chardonnay for $5 each!Special Features:
- Off the beaten Pass-adenacharlie8111VIPDined on 10/8/2014Nice quiet place near Old Town. Great mixture of healthy (quinoa option instead of rice/potatoes) and not-so-healthy (sliders with fries on happy hour menu). The food was all very well prepared and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Creative breakfast dishesDishingOjaiDined on 10/5/2014What a great menu. I can't wait to return. Smoked salmon hash, veggie scramble and breakfast tacos were all wonderful.Special Features:
- Continuing ExcellenceDholmesVIPDined on 10/4/2014Green Street has stood the test of time, outlasting scores of restaurants that were on the scene when it began. This is not due to reliance on old menus and styles of cuisine. They continue to innovate with a regularly changing menu that reflects the season as well as the ever changing tastes of modern diners. Portions are ample and each dish is carefully prepared. Also, there is something on the menu for everyone. My wife and I have eaten here somewhat regularly over the last ten years and there has not been one time when they have faltered. The experience is always peaceful, relaxing and immensely satisfying.Special Features:
- love this placepasadenagirl2014Dined on 10/3/2014has everything one would want and consistently goo food.Special Features:
- The Other Breakfast of Champions27altoidsDined on 9/28/2014From the cozy atmosphere of the dining rooms, to the warm feeling you get from the staff who treat you as a valued guest whether you've been here for the first time or for 15 years, Green Street Restaurant is an inviting eatery. Six of us (or 5.5, if you want to get technical on the 3-year-old we had) came in for a Sunday breakfast that was outstanding, minus some hash browns that tasted a bit like soap. Really, the potatoes were the only fly in the ointment here, with the zucchini bread outclassing everything else on the menu - there's a reason it comes with many entrees, and why we took some to go. The service was impeccable, the refills were frequent and the Green Street Restaurant more than lives up to its reputation the locals give it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater saladAllanGDined on 9/27/2014This is our go-to place for dinner before the Pasadena Playhouse, and we always order the Diane Salad (their speciality). The entree-size is VERY large.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffoodieDined on 9/27/2014Our first visit, but we'll be back. There were five of us and each person had a different entrée. Everyone liked what they ordered. I had the Cuban burger which, although fairly expensive, was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. Service was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They also have some unusual drinks which I haven't seen at other restaurants. The bar is very creative. All in all, a great experience.Special Features:
- Very good neighborhood restaurantGimmeFoodVIPDined on 9/21/2014Chose this restaurant based on the number of good reviews. Green Street did not disappoint. Food was very tasty, presented well, and generous portions. We went on a busy Sunday, so as expected, the restaurant was packed. As others have said, this creates quite a bit of noise. And, service was a bit slow and not very attentive. But, I'll definitely be back when I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Hidden GemlawcatDined on 9/21/2014I have been going to this restaurant for almost 30 years.n It great for either an informal meal, or a power breakfast or lunch. The inside is nicely appointed and the tables outside, while a bit loud, offer a lighter feel. Everything our party ordered was very good and to order. This eatery is on Shoppers Lane, a euphemism for alley; yet there are numerous fine restaurants up and down this alley so do not let that throw you. For lunch, this is definitely a salad orientated menu, but there are many other things to order as well. While many restaurants and shops nearby have come and gone over 30 years, Green Street has remained a fixture by continuously offering sumptuous food for good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigFanStillSmilingDined on 9/19/2014Met for dinner with 3 out of town guests. They all had the Diane Salad with Kale and raved about it....and the zucchini bread. Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Friendly foodie meetingstarDined on 9/10/2014We had the most attentive waiter; we were so involved with our conversation we barely noticed him refiling our drinks, clearing our table and noticing when we were finished with appetizers to clear the table and bring dinners it was almost like he was dancing around our conversion without making us feel as though our time was up!! Will definitely return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014The reviews, in my opinion, were better than the restaurant. It was ok, but not great.
- Great for BreakfastVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had our weekly meeting at Green street for breakfast. Would recommend for business or families.Special Features:
- EmuseDined on 9/1/2014It was a holiday so one must take that into consideration but the entrees took so long that the server felt terrible and kept apologizing. The food was delicious, warm and well prepared. Our waitress Pat was full of good humor and great service.Special Features:
- Cheerful StaffJuliePDined on 9/1/2014We ate outside. Beautiful morning! Our group of 6 consisted of a 2 yr and a 5 month old, and we sent one plate back a couple of times and asked for extras (jelly, more this more that)!!! ha ha ha. Sorry! Your energetic staff was very accommodating and went with the flow. Made our breakfast! EXCELLENT service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodgigiDined on 8/31/2014Green Street always is a great place for us to go, especially for outdoor dining. They always put such interesting ingredients together for their menu that never fail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Dinnervjh1Dined on 8/30/2014We met a friend for dinner and had a great time at Green Street. We all enjoyed our food and drinks, tried a specialty Manhattan that was very good. Our server was friendly but didn't interrupt. We stayed late and did not feel rushed or pushed. We'll be back.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesLaurieSVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything is prepared fresh and good. Special attention is given to dietary needs. Service is awesome. That is why I keep coming back!Special Features:
- Good food, but can get loudAshKashVIPDined on 8/27/2014Visited the restaurant for a going away luncheon with three other colleagues. The lunch time crowd can make this place busy and noisy. Overall experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Wanted a quiet place to have lunch with my sister while I visited from MA. When we were able to get a table in the far corner, we were pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.