915 South Howard Ave
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cicciorestaurantgroup.com/restaurants/green-lemon.html
- Phone: (813) 868-5463
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Visit us on the web @ http://cicciorestaurantgroup.com/restaurants/green-lemon.html for more information regarding catering
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Room can accommodate up to forty guests and is perfect for all occasions, from birthdays to bridal showers. Dinning options are extremely flexible and we work closely with you to take all of the worry out of planning your next event. The only limit is your imagination... and state applicable laws :)
- Private Party Contact: Jordan 8136588195x
- Entertainment: - House DJ Mathias spinning the Best of Pop, Top 40, and Dance Thursday through Saturday Evenings
- Classical nylon guitarist Daniel playing your favorites from Santana to Tito Puente Saturday Afternoon
- 12 50" HD Televisions, so you won"t miss any of the action (including the NFL Sunday Ticket & MLB extra innings)
A word from Green Lemon
Fun. Modern. Mexican. Green Lemon is a healthy and modern interpretation of authentic Mexican fare. From our signature fiesta bowls featuring slow simmered pork, braised short ribs or ancho lime grilled chicken breast to our classic "road-side" street tacos prepared on fresh made corn tortillas or bibb lettuce... Enjoy fresh made guacamole at your table-side while you enjoy one of our many rotating artisanal ales from our 22 draft taps and satisfy your cravings for healthy Mexican. In the evening, sidle up to our bar and try one of our infamous Margaritas, or spice it up and try a unique tequila from our bar full of over 60 different tequilas while our live DJ entertains by spinning the latest hits. On the weekends, join us for Mexican brunch, table-side bloody marys, monstrous mimosas and live music. Green Lemon removes the ordinary from extraordinary and brings you the best Mexican food in Tampa... All that you have come to expect from Ciccio Restaurant Group.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Green Lemon - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Green Lemon reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (25)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (18)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Easy and funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014The staff at green lemon made it super easy to order and understand the best things to get on the menu. Everything we tried was great and we left with a very full stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to spend Friday or Saturday night!Kevnardo88Dined on 11/19/2014I have been here a couple dozen times. I usually get great service and they are quick to bring you a drink, strong one at that, and food comes out a little slow but they offer a bevy of great appetizers at a low price. Go during happy hour and get yourself a margarona aka delicious and some jalapeño poppers to get the night going. P.S. Have a designated driver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchmtimothyDined on 11/9/2014This is absolutely the best place in South Tampa for Sunday Brunch. The food is stellar, the service is exceptional and they don't rush you. The only complaint we had was that the music was too loud. It was good, don't get me wrong. We enjoyed it. But we were also there to visit with each other and had to shout over the music at times.Special Features:
- Beer list?macextDined on 11/4/2014Lunch on a weekday..Food was good, service was good. There is a one page beer list, but the first two beers i ordered they did not have. Then they apparently didn't have anything like an amber ale. Waiter apologized, beer list has blurb about being to cheap to update list.If you don't want to update the list don't bring it to the table when you are out of alot of beer. Get rid of the beer list because it is useless. I drank water instead. I ordered a nuclear chicken taco. gigante chicken taco and mahi fish taco. Both chicken tacos were supposed to be spicy and of course the nuclear was supposed to be very spicy. They must have forgotten the hot sauce on the nuclear because there was no spice at all and the gigante had a little spice to it.
- Mexican BrunchSteveVIPDined on 10/19/2014Sunday brunch with many mexican inspired egg selections from enchiladas and tacos to breakfast burgers. Tableside Bloody Mary bar, huge Margaritas and fresh, out of the oven chips with salsa, guacamole and queso, which are all delicious. Very good service even with a full house. Live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday morning gemOldArmyDined on 10/19/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival, and our server was energetic, friendly, and very helpful with recommendations from the menu. Our group of 5 tried options from the brunch menu (enchilada temprano - amazing!), the lunch menu (quesadillas, taco, and one of the fiesta bowls - all done very well), and the children's menu (it's hard to mess up chicken tenders - they didn't). Really enjoyed the food. We were seated a little too close to the live music for us to have a conversation, but the music quality was good and we enjoyed the selections. Overall, a very nice experience, and we plan on going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salsa is amazing!!!!anniversaryDined on 9/17/2014Green Lemon is an excellent hip place for casual dining. The food is always consistent (excellent) and service is impeccable. Salsa is to die for! Wow! We went through 4 salsas for the two of us. They even gave us one to go!Special Features:
- Great food, bring your appetite.msmodaffDined on 9/7/2014The tacos are great, but the nachos/chips and dip are amazing. The best queso I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placered67Dined on 9/3/2014Such a fun place to go. The atmosphere is electric, the food is fantastic and the staff is a pleasure to work with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too loud...SerousFoodieDined on 8/28/2014I understand that this is supposed to be a young hip place - but there was a DJ at the hostess desk - so it took a minute to find someone who could check us in and the music was so loud that we couldn't hear each other across the table...which would be ok, if it was a club and not a restaurant. Seems like they're confused about what they want to be.Special Features:
- Noise levelEatoutmrDined on 8/28/2014Love it...only thing it was very loud, but fun! The waiter was very attentive, food was very good, my son loved the tv monitors with sports playing! We also liked the decor! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- casual & coolBaha78VIPDined on 8/17/2014This place has a great vibe and the food is really good. Have been about 5 times now and each time the food is on point. Nothing fancy but tasty and fair priced. Can get pretty loud at times but it is casual and a great quick dinner spot as long as you have a reservation.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Outstanding margaritas! Call early and make a reservation. This is the one of the best Mexican restaurants I've ever eaten at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphere...mauijimDined on 8/3/2014And I should say FLAVOR in every bite. Our table had the jalapeño poppers and guacamole to start, and three different bowls and the burrito special as entres. All were full of flavor and freshness. I had the habanero beef bowl and it was wonderful. You might think habanero = hot, but not at all. The poppers, however, while smothered in queso, started out innocent but ended up slowly producing sustantial heat. All in all a very positive experience in a great little neighborhood. We consider the Green Lemon a great find and we will return - soon!Special Features:
- Best Bloody Maryskaoa13Dined on 8/3/2014Amazing food and drinks, great atmosphere, and great service. And of course, the best Bloody Marys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014It was absurdly loud....When people go to dinner it is for interaction with friends and family. We had a party of 6 and I could not hear the person sitting directly across from me or next to me. I had to yell to combat the music and other people yelling over the music. We all pretty much gave up any conversation for the last half of our meal and couldn't wait to leave, my ears were ringing after leaving. This is not a club it's a restaraunt, please pick one because it can't be both and I will not return if the environment stats the same. The food is fabulous but at night the noise is too much and will keep me away in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 90 reviews are from the Green Lemon reviews archive.
- SipsnSnacksDined on 7/17/2014Great local hang out, fabulous tacos and great drink selection. Busy, noisy and full of energy...great fun vibe.Special Features:
- Overall a great experience.Debbiec27Dined on 7/14/2014Extensive menu, something for everyone. And those chips are amazing! Best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salsa and guacamole...RefineryVIPDined on 7/10/2014Best salsa and guacamole in Tampa... but the "best" stops there. The more I eat at Green Lemon, the more I am disappointed in their food. There's nothing authentic about any of their dishes so be prepared for a grilled chicken breast inside of the enchiladas and velveeta cheese smothered on top. Quesadillas and sandwiches are a huge disappointment. Tacos are the best bet, with the Habanero beef bowl a close second.Special Features:
- Will definitely go back for more!MamadinerextraordinaireDined on 6/30/2014We were a small group of out of towners who ended up at Green Lemon on a recommendation. I'm so bummed we can't be regulars because I totally would be! We did the dip trio and happy hour specials with the 24 oz house margarita for $9 and the 3 street tacos for $8 (you pick from about 10 options mix and match). Great variety of flavors - I got one with buffalo chicken, one with ahi tuna and one with chicken and avocado. All amazing flavors - tangy and complex...the only complaint was the buffalo was a bit spicier than I anticipated. We even got a free dessert for being first timers!! Our server was super helpful...phenomenal experience all around!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for family brunchtpajmDined on 6/29/2014I've taken my family here several times and we have always enjoyed the food. The service is also outstanding! Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingMexicanDined on 6/28/2014I was very pleased at how accommodating the employees were at Green Lemon. We had a table reserved for 15, and it ended up being about 20+ when all said and done! The hostess and our waiter worked hard to ensure that our extra guests were seated near us - which meant moving a party from a reserved table to a different table. We were all very thankful, the food and drinks were great, and we all had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green LemonPTcruizerDined on 6/27/2014My favorite place! I bring all our oyt of state visitors there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST PART OF MY VACATIONdaniDDined on 6/21/2014I was in Tampa for the weekend and Green Lemon far surpassed my expectations. Margaritas come in 3 sizes: 14oz, 24 oz, and 60oz.... and they are DELICIOUS! My friend and I had 48oz of margs each and we were flying high! The food was equally fantastic... my only complaint is that for $9 you get a relatively small amount of guacamole (as compared to a Roccos Tacos portion) but it was worth every penny! The tuna taco is a MUST try! Everything was seasoned perfectly and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot with mediocre servicejt2ktDined on 6/15/2014We arrived on time for our reservation for 8, and were meeting up with some friends, including a couple we hadn't met yet. The hostess says she doesn't have a reservation fire that time and name, even after showing her my confirmation. The restaurant want that full, so she sat us at an empty table to wait for the rest of our party. Well, it turns out that the coyote we hadn't met yet had shown up a minutes before us and checked in under my reservation. I have no clue how the hostess wasn't able to figure out that the party she had just seated was mine. Same name, same number if people, same time, and opentable. Smh. Don't expect your typical breakfast items at brunch. They all have a Mexican flare of some sort, which we found delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Tacos!YariSDined on 6/10/2014had a great tiem on a Girls Night OUt at the Green Lemon. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a taco!!!Tacos2dieforDined on 6/3/2014My new sexy lady took me for tacos, on taco Tuesday and holy jeez! What fire tacos! They were excellent!! The tuna appetizer was extremely tasty as well! I'm a big taco fan and these are at the top of my list! It was just a little loud in there for my liking. I had trouble hearing my date. Our service was excellent, server was awesome! Knowledgeable, friendly, and on point! Between the whole staff I don't think we had an empty plate on the table for more than a minute! Next time I visit Tampa I will be back, promise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, But LoudLBS1992Dined on 5/29/2014The food was great as always, but it was extremely loud. My friends and I had to yell to be heard even at our small 4 person table.Special Features:
- Another Ciccio hitChippyDined on 5/25/2014Fresh take on Mexican food, with the Ciccio Group stamp. This was our first trip, and we plan to go back. The a la carte Taco trio is a great idea. First timers get a free dessert; you gotta like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLizzieCDined on 5/22/2014We went for a friends 40th birthday party. The food was so great and the atmosphere was energetic. Lots of hot boys as eye candy for the married ladies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green Lemon Mexican RestaurantSpineripperDined on 5/21/2014This restaurant is filled with college age patrons. The atmosphere is great and the food is very untraditional Mexican but very tasty. The waitress we had was awesome and could not have been better, one of the most helpful and most friendly I may have ever had wait on me. The place was a bit loud but had an atmosphere of very friendly folks. I highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner if you want a great tasting and filling meal. I will go back!Special Features:
- Great soho spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014Love Green Lemon. It's the best Mexican flare spot in Tampa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic WaitressGriff57VIPDined on 5/11/2014Love the Green Lemon- their food is always consistent and delicious but the waitress Laura K is what makes this experience always FANTASTIC.Special Features:
- Love Green LemonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014Love the food & the drink menu. I always forget that on Thursday nights it joins the bar scene of Soho. So don't go to catch up with someone you haven't seen in awhile. It gets pretty loud. But the energy is fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican foodGimmeFoodDined on 5/2/2014We ate here somewhat late (9 pm) on a Friday. It was hopping. The food was excellent, and the service just perfect. If you're looking for a place to conduct conversation, this is not it. If you want good food, tasty Margaritas, and the best guacamole this side of Texas, Green Lemon is the place!Special Features:
- Too friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/1/2014I've never actually felt this way about a server but whoever trained your staff really needs to remind them that they aren't part of your group. Our server was WAY too friendly. We had a baby with us and she wanted to know everything from what diapers the mom was using to what stroller she had and if he was sleeping through the night. She did everything but ask to hold him. It's one thing to be friendly but this was over the top and made us uncomfortable. The food was good and came out quick and hot. Overall it was a nice dinner.Special Features:
- cstgirlbldrCarolDined on 4/27/2014The food is fresh and good. Had an early dinner on Sunday night and the place was crowded and very noisy. However it was happy hour, the service was rushed but efficient. Had two small plates - the ahi tuna with jicama salad and buffalo wings. The red Sangria was not great. Mixed crowd of adults and families with little kids. Very casual but a boisterous crowd. Will return at a quiet time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeTexasbelle70Dined on 4/20/2014I'm new to Tampa and will be back. Food is great and the guy playing live guitar is very talented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Server and FoodGriff57VIPDined on 4/20/2014Laura our server was FANTASTIC !!!! When I go back she is the one I want to wait on me. The food was as great as it always is.....Avocado appetizer and trio of Taco's, can't miss. The Bloody Mary Bar is the bomb. This place is amazing.Special Features:
- OMG you need to go here ASAP.ChanlovesfoodDined on 3/26/2014Let me just tell you, the appetizer trio dip was AMAZING. I could just lay there and eat the cheese all day long. The chips were also amazing and had a delicious seasoning... Almost like a BBQ, Doritos/Pringles like flavor. YUM. I got the trip street tacos with mani mahi, pork and brisket. Those were great. My coworker got the Cuban pork sandwich that was "hella good... Especially when you put that cheese on it from the trio." Just go there. The walls are vibrant and fun, the atmosphere was casual and fun. Loved it.Special Features: