Green Forest Restaurant
655 Rodi Road
Penn Hills, PA 15235Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: $50 and over
Green Forest Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greenforestdining.com/
- Phone: 4123715560x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Jairo M. Azevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room can be used on Tuesday , Wednesday , Thursday and Sunday all day only.
- Private Party Contact: Flavia 4123715560x
A word from Green Forest Restaurant
Authentic Brazilian churrasco sliced at your table. We offer 18 different kinds of meat, a hot buffet with 5 Brazilian dishes include feijoada daily, a salad bar with sushi and sashimi made fresh by our sushi chef. All of our desserts are homemade. We recommend that you check out our wine list, enjoy a Caipirinha, brazilian drink, our homemade sangria and much more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Green Forest Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Penn Hills ›
Green Forest Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (23)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Calling All CarnivoresEatingThroughPittsburghDined on 9/5/2014Wow! Extensive spread at the seafood and salad bar, everything was delicious. The meat brought around was just simply awesome - all cooked medium rare and tender and fantastic Disclaimer: Dinner for two + drinks comes to around 110Special Features:
- CarrieDined on 9/2/2014The food was delicious but it was the service that was a real standout! Well worth the price! We'll definitely return!Special Features:
- Great food and lots of itRickKDined on 8/29/2014Green Forest never disappoints. The service is fast, friendly, and accommodating. And the food is always delicious and high quality: both the roasted meats and the salad bar (which has much more than just salad). WARNING: do not go here if you aren't hungry. The endless stream (and variety) of meats will be wasted on you.Special Features:
- Happy/PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I had wanted to try Green Forest restaurant for quite some time. I had been to Brazil 7 years ago and ate at an outdoor restaurant of this kind, 2 years ago I was in Fort Lauderdale and ate at a Brazilian style restaurant. I would rate Green Forest on par with both. They had the cold salad and seafood bars included in the total price. The service was very good. As soon as you indicated that you were ready for more meat the servers were there with several options almost immediately. The price was comparable, more than I would normally spend, but very worth the price. I will definitely go back. Those in our party left very full and pleased with our meal.Special Features:
- AmazingDannymalDined on 8/12/2014Green forest is amazing for anyone looking spend a little extra on food you really can't find anywhere else in Pittsburgh. It's authentic Brazilian dishes such as the fried yucca and red bean casserole are to die for. Awesome service and very attentive waitstaff make this a top choice for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of meatbcw59Dined on 8/9/2014For something different this is the place to go . Different way of serving meat with waiters coming around with various types of meat on skewers and carving off a portion at the table. Sides are at a buffet at front of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewjessika1577Dined on 7/31/2014Loved the food and service, absolutely worth the cost!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencelita28Dined on 7/27/2014The service here is impeccable. The food is wonderful and there is plenty to chose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Penn Hills hidden gemrtj1Dined on 7/24/2014Many people don't know about this restaurant but those that do know it is truly a hidden gem. This restaurant boasts the finest quality meats around. The servers are excellent and can be overwhelming whenever they are rapidly bringing meat to your table AND THAT'S A GOOD THING! If you visit this place bring your appetite, you'll surely need it! The only downfall is that the place is no longer 100% byob. You're forced to only drink water, tea, coffee, soft drinks or their selection of wines and champagne unless you pay an additional fee which isn't very much (less than $10). Overall I really love this place. I could eat here daily and never get tired of it. From soups to breads to their massive salad bar filled with seafood A+ indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat comaJennaDined on 7/20/2014I would recommend skipping breakfast and lunch if you plan on coming here for dinner. The food is always excellent!Special Features:
- Great Special Occasion SpotPittsburghDinerDined on 7/19/2014We have come here a few times in the past couple of years. It has become one of our favorite places to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and most recently, a graduation. The service is friendly, the buffet food is excellent, and of course the meat is fantastic. The variety of meats and cuts is excellent, each prepared well, rarely have I gotten a meat that I haven't loved. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Worth every pennyrestaurantjunkieDined on 7/6/2014If you are looking for a night out with friends I recommend Green Forest. The service was amazing and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Food junkies paradise. The seafood and salad bar is great for even vegetarians. The 17 varieties of meat brought table side was piping hot and full of flavor. We will be returning next month with the entire family to celebrate our 35th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencebabgDined on 6/18/2014If you are looking for a restaurant with a wide variety of fresh foods and delicious meats, this is definitely the place to go. The wait staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. This is an expensive meal but in my opinion, was well worth it. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food! Great Service!chocolategirl33Dined on 6/15/2014I brought my husband here for father's day, and I couldn't have asked for a better evening. The service was very friendly and hospitable. The food was absolutely incredible. Each meat dish was delectable in its own way. The salad/hot foods bar offered a wide variety of unique foods that paired perfectly with the meat. While it is a little pricey, the food is worth every cent! I highly recommend The Green Forest, and we will most certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- plenty of foodwentfordadDined on 6/15/2014Went for father's day, the food was great and never had to wait for more. We had our money's worth and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFiestajoeDined on 6/13/2014As always everything was wonderful. This is our finest Brazilian steakhouse. Staff remembers names, salad seafood bat constantly stocked etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014It was our first time here and was an excellent evening out with good friends.Special Features:
- StorminNormanDined on 6/3/2014Fresh roasted eggplant, asperagus, garlic...fresh baked breads, cheeses, olives and peppers....best Mojito ever...and the grilled Brazillian meats...cut hot from the sword...multiple flights of beef cuts, most tender beef rib you will ever tast, multiple pork cuts, bazillian sausage, bacon wrapped Turkey, even garlic toast....simply fantasitic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dani5577VIPDined on 5/25/2014We had an amazing dinner at the Green Forest. The service was great! The servers brought us more food before we had a chance to eat what we had. Our water glasses were always full. The food was so fresh and delicious. I cannot say enough good things about our experience!Special Features:
- The following 152 reviews are from the Green Forest Restaurant reviews archive.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014It's amazing every time I go...my favorite restaurant ever!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but goodsiratealotDined on 5/11/2014Was able to make a reservation on Mother's Day for my wife, daughter, granddaughter, and me. Free sangria or wine for mothers. Wife did not like the sangria. Granddaughter ate free. Excellent food and service. Wish there were a few more hot sides. Great variety in cold sides. Lack of signage for some of the sides. Because of the price, would probably only go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Tons of very good food. Very impressive, will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treasure that never disappointsJWGGWHDined on 5/11/2014We have patronized Green Forest these last several years for special family events and sometimes just for a "regular" dinner. The cold bar has an extensive array of vegetables and antipasti from large shrimp to heart of Palm to prosciutto di Parma and more. The table side meat service has an extensive menu of over 20 meats including filet mignon, Brazilian barbecue, lamb, chicken, etc. When going to green forest expect to spend at least several hours dining. This is not a rushed event - enjoy the foods and conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday feastFoodie28Dined on 5/7/2014This place surpassed our expectations for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining bonanza!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014A pleasant all-around experience complete with a very nice atmosphere surrounded with a most pleasant staff and support team. Everyone must go and enjoy the experience at least once. DJDSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceJFMSZDined on 4/13/2014We went for our daughter's birthday dinner and had a wonderful time. The food is exceptional and the service couldn't be beat. We will go back! Can't find one negative comment about the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eatselvis816Dined on 4/8/2014Food was fantastic..Service was as good as it could possibly be..Only draw backwas , we arrived at 4:30 and they didn't seem prepared for early guests..neither meats nor sushi were ready,allthough we made reservations ,so they knew we were comming.Still love it,next time we would probably go a little later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazilian to the Max.MyInnerFatKidDined on 4/4/20141) Service that makes the diner feel like royalty 2) The hot and cold food bars provide a well balanced standalone meal or are a great addition to the skewers of meat 3) The bar offers a unique assortment of Brazilian inspired drinks. I highly recommend the "Caipirinha"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinner!blondieDined on 3/30/2014My boyfriend and I love to dine here when we want to treat ourselves - always a great meal with great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodJeffDined on 3/29/2014This was the second trip back to this establishment, it was good, however the first time was better. They need to bring more of a variety of meats around. They have a selection but we always saw more of the cheaper meats and only half of what they advertise. All in all it was still a good meal. They also had less seafood than last time.Special Features:
- 30th birthday celebrationFudgyDined on 3/29/2014My family dined here for my son's thirtieth birthday and thoroughly enjoyed the food! The wait staff was prompt in bringing rounds of different meats and the buffet was loaded with a variety of fresh foods. I loved the sushi in particular. Our waitress was kind and informative and did an excellent job of taking care of us! I would highly recommend this restsurant to anyone for any occasion! It's an event, nor just a dining experience ! We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely love this place!PittsburghFoodieVIPDined on 3/29/2014We have been to many Brazilian Churrascarias, This is hands down our favorite. The food is always outstanding and the entire staff is friendly and welcoming. It is not too loud so you can have a nice conversation around the table. Highly recommend you try it!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantsarjVIPDined on 3/15/2014I keep coming, month after month... highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but felt thatjlswDined on 3/14/2014Food was good, but felt that the cost was a little steep for what was offered. Also the amount of smoke from food being cooked in the dining room was distracting and bothersome. Should have fans to reduce smoke.
- Good food & lots of itTommyTailspinDined on 3/8/2014At any wedding reception I would go to my mother in law would always say - go for the meat. At Green Forest it is all about the meat. Once you flip your card to green, the passadores start coming with some great cuts of beef, chicken, lamb, sausage, turkey, etc. and don't stop until you succumb and flip your card over to red. My wife and I celebrated my birthday at Green Forest and while the restaurant did not recognize the event, it was a very enjoyable and memorable evening. The food was delicious and the wait staff very attentive.Special Features:
- overall experience was goodfood4thoughtDined on 3/7/2014overall experience was good and value for the money. There was a good variety of dishes at the salad bar. The meats were of high quality and came round and regular intervals (you were not having to look around for them, which has happened to me at other places). The ambience as not great but that may be as it is set up for groups rather than intimate eating. I would recommend it for people coming to PittsburghSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014there were 8 people in our party. WE were there for a birthday celebration. The salad bar area was good, the meat selection and quality was very good. The gauchos that served at the table were very attentive (although didnt seem very happy) they did a above average job compared to the other brazilian resturants in the general area. Because there were 8 people in our party they added the 18% gratuity to the bill. The gaucho servers deserved every bit however they really need some brush up on the waitress staff. They were slow, had to ask for drink refills and when paying that much to eat and the automatic tip I expected alot more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time of many!luvtoeatDined on 2/22/2014This was my first time at a Brazilian restaurant. From the moment we walked in the staff did everything they could to make the experience excellent. We were seated right away. Everything was explained to us thoroughly. Salad and seafood bar was outstanding. Cuts of meat were delicious! We never waited for anything. Service was outstanding and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome saucePirro8503Dined on 2/20/2014This place was fantastic! The food was out of this world and the staff was tremendous. Would highly recommend this place to anyone. Worth every penny!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the meat just kept coming!HeatherDined on 2/16/2014The buffet was very nicely displayed and had several different types of food, and we didn't even get to try any of the hot buffet items because of the overload of grilled meats. The meat runners were very friendly, and just coming around with different meats to try. Every time I would flip my coaster to red to stop them from coming to our table, I would listen to what they were offering nearby tables and end up flagging them down anyway; I didn't want to miss out on anything! No sausage offered the day we were there however.Special Features: