1940 E. Camelback Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thegreekfest.com/
- Phone: (602) 265-2990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday: 11:00AM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Tony Makridis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: all food items on the menu may be ordered and picked up.
- Entertainment: Classical pianist for private functions; belly dancing and/or bouzouki player for private functions
A word from Greekfest
Voted the “Best Greek Restaurant in Phoenix” for the past 23 years. We are Arizona's Greek dining experience. Greekfest hosts a unique Greek dining environment where all the things that make life most enjoyable come together through a celebration of food, wine, good company, spirited music, and memorable conversation. Tradition and research have combined to make Greekfest the quintessence of the Greek Island atmosphere and culinary experience; its design and decoration exemplify the cultural, social, and aesthetical Hellenic Archipelago. Greekfest prizes itself on its reputation for culinary innovation and excellence. With a great variety of fresh seafood and delicately prepared lamb entrees, Greekfest robustly captures the essence of European (Mediterranean) cuisine and fuses it with dynamism and innovation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Greekfest reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Greek FunbuckeyebadgerDined on 11/24/2014Tony and Susan do things right! The food is wonderfully authentic and service unobtrusive. We had not been in for several years due to a move but we immediately felt at home. We will return with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Food was very tasty but the entres seemed to have quite small portions.Special Features:
- Classic Greek DinningFoodieJimScottsdaleDined on 9/19/2014Very nice overall food experience. Nice quiet interrior, surroundings quaint classic Greek, very good service with classic Greek food. Prices were modest and very reasonable. I have been a customer at this establishment since it opened, going on some 34 years now. I believe that the Greekfest is the best Greek restaurant in the valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opa!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014Reservation really wasn't need (sorry, OT), but then again, we went early (6:30 pm) The entire time we were there, there were only 2 other tables. This place has been around a while, & doesn't have the best street visibility, so maybe that is why (that & there is a LOT of restaurant competition in Phx.) But...the food was awesome! And that's what we want when we dine out, right? The Trypoites were yummy. Lamb shank special was absolutely delicious - perfectly prepared and so flavorful as was the lamb souvlaki. Our waiter suggested a Greek red wine (Amethystos) that was delightful.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Greekfest reviews archive.
- I was hoping for more...DeidreJuneVIPDined on 7/11/2014I had high hopes for this place, but was disappointed. The waiter was great, but the food was mediocre. You'd think greek food would be colorful and exotic, but ours was just bland. There were no other diners in the whole place and with all of the competition in tis area, I can see why. We won't be back.
- Best Food Ever!AimeeDined on 6/13/2014We've been to Greekfest on several occasions and the food has always been good - but this past visit it was outstanding!! Everything was really, really delicious and we could tell that they've cranked it up a notch - well done!!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotNephromaniaDined on 6/7/2014This is a restaurant that we come back to from time to time for some excellent Greek food. The menu has been updated. I had the ravioli which was particularly good. My wife had the chicken souvlaki which was very good. The atmosphere is romantic. I am not sure why there isn't more business here. The prices are very reasonable and the owner (Susan) and waitstaff were quite personable and attentive. We actually used this restaurant to cater my wife's birthday party several years ago (take away) and they did a wonderful job.Special Features:
- Too much fun!JudyDined on 6/6/2014Had a lovely, leisurely dinner with my better half. Service was tops, and we had a delightful chat with Susan, the owner. Food was outstanding, and our Polish waiter did an amazing Greek waiter impression! We only get to dinner in Phoenix a few times a year, but this will jump to the top of our list now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningtableof4Dined on 4/16/2014A wonderful restaurant hidden behind commercial buildings. Once you find this gem one will not be disappointed in the cuisine for Greek dining. The owner came to the table greeted us as guest and made us all feel welcome. Looking forward to my next dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive small portions.overpaidDined on 2/7/2014food quality was very good. All of the food was expensive with very small portions. The waiter tried to upsell on everything. Restaurant was practically empty probably due to pricing and small portions. although the food was very good. We will never return.
- Great Greek FoodJeffInPhoenixDined on 1/11/2014Always very good food. Service is excellent and consistent. Beets with garlic pate appetizer was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Greek Food in PhoenixAZRobert1Dined on 1/10/2014We've eaten at Greekfest many, many times over the past 25 years. The food is amazing, and the atmosphere beautiful. Greekfest is the entire dining experience. From the wine, and appetizers, the entrees to the dessert and coffee, it is the total dining experience. Best Greek food you can experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013We wanted to do something different and special. As I once lived in Greece, it always calls to me. Our first time there, we loved it. The ambiance, the food and the best possible service. We had a blast. Eager to go back with friends. Opa!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionShelby65Dined on 12/14/2013Service and food were great, went with friends to celebrate a birthday...free dessert for bday girl. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Granddaughter Treatbellman10Dined on 11/23/2013I had dinner with my 17 year old granddaughter and she had a fabulous time and the dinner was terrific.Special Features:
- A reliable neighborhood gemDianeDined on 11/23/2013We always have a delicious and enjoyable dining experience at Greekfest. This restaurant is a great place to dine with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slow food gemjollycrogerDined on 10/26/2013Greek Fest is special in today's fast food / corporate resturant world. Real care in everything from the menu to the service. Items that cannot be found elsewhere and that are individually prepared are the norm. Greek Fest will always be at the top of my resturant list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best dining experiencejmanDined on 6/28/2013One of the best dining experience of my life. My date and I spent a pretty penny, but with it. Though, if you're smart, you can budget a reasonable prices meal. They publish the menu online to make it easier to do it in advance. The good was some of the best I've eaten. Awesome service and personable owners. Awesome place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lamb and baklava especiallyMesaFoodiesVIPDined on 6/11/2013The lamb and baklava especially were delicious. Lots of great mezze and lots of Greek wines available. We had an awesome anniversary dinner here and will go back next time we are craving Greek food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice Friday dinnerMimiDined on 5/17/2013Our server and the owner were very nice and kept checking to make sure things were ok. It is very pretty on the inside and not very quiet, but they were not busy. The food was good, just different from the other Greek restaurants that we have dined. It is tucked away from the main street so tricky to find as there is no sign on Camelback.Special Features:
- Fabulous Greek Food & SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2013The food at GreekFest is a very sophisticated and creative presentation of traditional Greek flavors. Food is local, fresh and carefully crafted as the owner chef and owner manager take exceptional pride in their culinary offerings and establishment. You feel as though you have stepped into a high-end Athens or Greek seaside restaurant. While simple Greek traditional cooking is offered, the menu expands to dishes not found in the typical Greek Taverna. Service is professional and well paced, and one of the owners will visit your table during the meal to insure that you are very happy and that your expectations are exceeded. Nightly special dishes are offered that raise the level of creativity. Enjoy!Special Features:
- A Must Greek ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/6/2013Food was amazing; all the Greek favorites. The ravioli is very special. Service was warm and management was hospitable. The owner wrote a personal email to us regarding my mother's birthday celebration and then stopped by our table with her well wishes and a complimentary dessert that was wrapped to take home. Very special.Special Features:
- Have been to Greekfest manyKriegfeldVIPDined on 3/23/2013Have been to Greekfest many times over the last 20 years. Always terrific food.Special Features:
- Disapointing at GreekfestDennisSVIPDined on 3/21/2013The food here was average, and pricy,$86.00 for two of us without cocktails. The menu consisted of small plates,with most of the small plates in the $14 price range. Expensive for Greek food, and they even charged for pita bread! There were only 4 other couples in the restaurant, yet getting our food was extremely slow. Our server was very pleasant, but completely inattentive. The owner came to the table twice to greet us and make us feel welcome. She said that it was only her and her husband in the kitchen. I don't know how they can continue to stay in business with such little business. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- This restaurant has not changedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013This restaurant has not changed in all the years. You know you'll have good food, very friendly service and be glad you chose GreekfestSpecial Features:
- Overpriced & SlowDogulaVIPDined on 3/2/2013The food is very good here, but at a steep price. The menu is geared towards small plates, which is fine, but not at the prices they charge. Most of the small plates were in the $14 price range. Excessive for Greek food, and I'm Greek and I should know. They even charged for pita bread! The place only had a total of 4 tables when we arrived, yet getting our food was extremely slow. Our server was very pleasant, but completely inattentive. Had to constantly flag him down. We haven't been here for years, now I remember why. I don't know how they can keep the doors open with such little business. We will never return. We will go back to our favorite Greek restaurant, Greektown on N. 7th street.
- Our dinner was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013Our dinner was exceptional and our group thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- We were there on a SaturdayFabFindDined on 2/23/2013We were there on a Saturday night and the place was dead. There were no more than 10 people in the restaurant the whole time we were there. The food was tasty, however the portions were small for the price charged. Don't know how they stay in business. The owner did come to our table to greet us and see if we liked our food.
- Always a special treatLyn27Dined on 2/23/2013When we want a special treat, we head for Greekfest! Just one step insdie the door, and you are transported thousands of miles away, to spectacular Greece. The variety and excellence of the menu comes with moderate prices, and the service is always personal and superb.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2013A beautiful dining room, divine and inventive culinary as well as inspired traditional offerings... and owners who provided tremendously caring and personalized service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- We really enjoy Greek foodnklwVIPDined on 2/18/2013We really enjoy Greek food and could not have been more pleased with Greekfest. Everything we had was delicious. There was some creativity with the dishes but not so much that you lost the flavors you love. We would definitely return.
- expectations shutteredOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Our cultures are very close in foods and traditions. That was one of the reasons for which I picked this restaurant for dinner and to celebrate my husband's birthday.The ambiance was beautiful and intimate. However, even if all the reviews on the internet were just excellent on food and service, we were very, very disappointed. We waited an hour for the food to come and the most famous lamb shank was hard to eat! The meat was chewy and hard to eat.The lamb was probably older. Absolutely nothing special or out of this world in my filee Mignon. For three people that consumed 3 main dishes, one salad, one tzatziki and one glass of wine to pay $138, is way too much. We were just very disappointed and our expectations shuttered.
- The food, service, and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013The food, service, and atmosphere at Greekfest is wonderful. Even though I enjoyed my visit very much, I would recommend it with some hesitation. Prices are on the high side and portions are quite small. I probably will not return because of that, but it is a great place to go if you are in the mood for authentic Greek food and a unique atmosphere.Special Features:
- A must place to go and enjoy food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013My wife and I really enjoyed the atmosphere, food, and the personal touch. We had an absolute wonderful, romantic evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding charm and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2012Outstanding charm and service. Will absolutely go back again.Special Features:
- Greek Island ExperienceDesertSunDined on 12/11/2012We experienced an authentic Greek dining experience in a Greek Island atmosphere with decorations that add to the Mediterranean atmosphere. The fresh seafood and lamb entrees were impressive. We decided on the Lamb Souvlaki, a marinated prime domestic lamb grilled on a skewer, served with a Greek salad and Solomos "Chios," a filet of fresh salmon baked in a delicate fresh vegetable-Kakavia sauce, with feta cheese, herbs, pine nuts, and olives, served with a Greek salad. Both were delicious. The authentic Greek seasonings produced flavors that made this a memorable experience. For dessert, we chose the Whiskey Soufflé, a whiskey mousse with fresh orange slices and white sponge, surrounded by dark chocolate and the Tiramisu. Excellent!Special Features:
- A very pleasant surpriseVandraVIPDined on 12/4/2012There are some restaurants that you want to return to simply because of their warm, impeccable service. Greekfest is one of those. I was a solo diner, and the gracious server never made it seem as if he wished there were more in my party. The owner even came out and chatted with me twice and told me some of the restaurant's long-standing history. The restaurant offers a variety of Greek beers and well-prepared Greek dishes, including ones I had never seen on other menus. My entree came with a Greek salad topped with a fantastic light vinaigrette and feta cheese. The entree itself arrived in a piping hot dish. Chunks of braised lamb smothered perfectly prepared orzo. The dish was a delight (and quite filling). Visit this place!Special Features:
- Very cute restaurant! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Very cute restaurant! The portions were very small for the cost of the meal but it was tasty. I'm sure that a few years ago this place was amazing.the restaurant is very beautiful and people so nice. It took us about 30 minutes to get there, not "Wowed".Special Features:
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012This was a great place to meet for lunch for medium to large groups (7-10 people).Special Features:
- Been there several times.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012Been there several times. Food and service have been great!Special Features: