Greek Taverna - Glen Rock
175 Rock Road
Glen Rock, NJ 07452Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Greek Taverna - Glen Rock
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greektavernausa.com/
- Phone: 2018574528x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Greek Taverna - Glen Rock
Authentic Greek Cuisine with a modern twist nestled in the sprawling greens of Glen Rock, NJ. This is the third location for the owners who have perfected the art of delicious Greek food utilizing an eclectic array of flavors. Whether your palate craves fresh grilled Bronzino or you possess a carnivorous appetite and care to enjoy our succulent marinated lamp chops. Greek Taverna also features a beautiful bar serving delicious cocktails and a fine collection of Greek Wines and Liqueur.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Greek Taverna - Glen Rock reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (3)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Wonderful AmbianceDeGennaroDined on 9/19/2014Great food great atmosphere. Servers and secondary personal were wonderful and plenty of leftovers!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Dinner was delicious. A relaxing, quiet evening where the six of us could enjoy conversation and food simultaneously.Special Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the Greek Taverna - Glen Rock reviews archive.
- Mothers Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We made a last minute Mothers Day dinner reservation and we're pleasantly surprised! Food was excellent- grilled calamari app was perfectly cooked, shrimp with tomato, scallions, and feta entree was outstanding. All members of our party were pleased with their food, which is a rare occurrence. Server was attentive and not overbearing. She was also very honest when my dad overpaid the bill. We will definitely be back again soon. Very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great/ Service lacking.MSPF22Dined on 3/1/2014The food and ambiance were great, but unfortunately the service started out well and then went bad very quickly. The restaurant became busy and our table was forgotten, drinks were empty, no one to clear the table, after finally tracking someone down they only wrapped 1/2 of the food we asked to take home and it took so long we ended up skipping dessert even though that was one of the main reasons we went there . There were only 4 of us and it took 2 hours without dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food wereGailDined on 2/8/2014The service and food were very good. Ample size portions. A definite return visit!Special Features:
- Great Greek restaurantWorkinmommieVIPDined on 12/21/2013Delicious variety of Greek food items. Extensive martini menu too. Excellent service. Very friendly and warm. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and friendly servicejefflaw567VIPDined on 11/23/2013My wife and I very much enjoyed our dinner at Greek Taverna. The restaurant is very pretty, and the tables are not on top of each other, so the noise level is low. The food is very good - I had lambchops and my wife had Lavraki. Everything was cooked as ordered, and the service was friendly and professional. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Enjoyable, relaxing dinner.SLRosDined on 11/2/2013Food was delicious, freshly prepared. Good sized portions. Delicious hummus and pita. I had the whole bronzini which was delicious. The waiter chased after me and came outside when I forgot my leftovers! The only complaint we had was that it was either much too hot or too cold in the restaurant. Mostly too hot. The restaurant was not busy, therefore we were not rushed to leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large portions. Great tasting.reidingerDined on 10/12/2013Large portions. Great tasting. Enjoyable dining experience all around. May get loud at times when dining rooms are filled. Service attention was average, but when asked they responded asap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I specifically noted in myRobsDined on 10/5/2013I specifically noted in my reservation that one of our party was in a wheelchair. When we arrived I was told that our table was UPSTAIRS. Apparently that note box on your reservation service is not regarded as an important part of the reservation process
- Delicious!Come2theTableDined on 8/21/2013Great food. Attentive staff. Definitely deserves repeat visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and easyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013Last minute arrangements on a Friday night for 4 ended up being very easy. Very good food and choices. Appetizer and entree portions are very generous. Good place for wine and apps. Not the best baklava - a little soggy but the apps were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, large portions.kathVIPDined on 6/18/2013Food was great, large portions. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous PortionsTneckMOMVIPDined on 6/6/2013This was a very good find. My friend knew about it, I had never been, but we had a delicious dinner with oversized portions -- the moussaka was huge, I could only eat half and was able to take some home, and my friend had the lamb gyro platter which she said was very good as well. The tzakzini cucumber dip appetizer was the best I have had in any Greek restaurant. My only complaint about the meal was that there was no side Greek salad accompanying the moussaka. The service was slow, however, even though the restaurant was not crowded that night. Otherwise, it was an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2013I found it a very authentic Greek restaurant... I was very impress!!!Special Features:
- Very good Greek food! BestEaterVIPDined on 3/29/2013Very good Greek food! Best pita ever. Wish the wines by glass were cheaper though...some are over Priced. Excellent fresh fishSpecial Features:
- Authentic greek food. WellOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2013Authentic greek food. Well prepared. The service was a little awkward because they tried to sit us right next to another couple and we would have had no privacy if they did that. But they quickly offered us a table in another room that they opened up for us. It was fine and very quiet as only another couple or two also dined in that room. Interesting decor. Music would have been nice.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/9/2013We recently dined at Greek Taverna in Glen Rock. The food was excellent and frankly the only reason that I would consider dining there again. The service was terrible and the atmosphere dull. What can I say about our waitress, she was awful and really shouldn't be a waitress at all: unfriendly, inattentive etc. We asked her 3 separate times for more pita bread (we had ordered hummus as an appetizer) and she never brought the bread. We finally gave up. The atmosphere was boring, no music was playing which I find very odd in a restaurant. The lighting was way too bright as well. Not sure if I would go back or not. Probably only if I was really craving Greek food. And in that case, I would probably just order from them take out.Special Features:
- Some dishes like the grilledOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2013Some dishes like the grilled fish and moussaka are outstanding. Others like the gyros, etc. are just okay. Appetizers are particularly good. Portions are large and good for sharing. Service was excellent - waiter was very helpful.Special Features:
- Greek Taverna wasn't bad,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2012Greek Taverna wasn't bad, but I have had better Greek food elsewhere. Some dishes were dominated by lemon with some of the rind accidentally adding a bitter edge to the sourness.
- Wine that was ordered wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/6/2012Wine that was ordered was out of stock. Delivered a "replacement" to table. Ordered a lamb stew. It arrived in a clay pot stuffed to the brim with bones and fat, not much meat. Very difficult to navigate this clay pot and "find" the lamb. Very disappointed. Overpriced. Will not return.
- We enjoyed the grilled calamariBubblesVIPDined on 10/6/2012We enjoyed the grilled calamari appetizer and also the excellent grilled pork chops which were very moist. We indulged in a serving of baclava, much more enjoyable than the usual pastry dripping in honey. Our server was excellent, attentive, and a pleasing personality. Minimal noise level added to the pleasure of the meal. Would definitely return when in the area.Special Features:
- Deafening noise level andPopsVIPDined on 9/29/2012Deafening noise level and tables are cramped together. It must be good because the place is jammed. Maybe we're missing something.
- Very pretty place-- the fooddebmomVIPDined on 8/24/2012Very pretty place-- the food is ok-- large portions
- Very good Greek and MediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/7/2012Very good Greek and Mediterranean food in NJ - portions are HUGE! Service was great. We will return!Special Features:
- Was wonderful. Peter doesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2012Was wonderful. Peter does a great job of making you feel like family.Special Features:
- Best Greek Around Period.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Easily some of the best Greek food I have ever had. Seafood is always great, and the appitezers are to die for. Great wine selection if you dont mind spending some coin. Portions are generous and overall everything I have tasted here was outstanding.
- Great quality food & service!WWCitizenVIPDined on 3/27/2012This is the 3rd in the collection of NJ Greek Taverna's we've visited. This place presented the same high quality food as all the other locations. We enjoyed our dinner here very much. The grilled seafood platter for two is outstanding and the grilled prawns were delicious along with the dandelion side dish.Special Features:
- Pretty good not the best ReallyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/24/2012Pretty good not the best Really like the salmon wrapped in grape leaves.Special Features:
- Its a good place for lastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2012Its a good place for last minute dining for groups. Was able to make a reservation the day of. This is the second time we've dined here. The food is good but the chicken fingers from the kids menu is not. The first time we just thought they were overcooked and just overlooked it but the second time...it was the same thing. Seemed liked they were microwaved. Overcooked and tough. I'd say beware of the kids menu. Also just another note. Ordered a salad with anchovies. Asked where the anchovies were from and they said they were Greek anchovies. Salad came. No anchovies. Had to wait for server to tell her that they forgot them. She comes back telling us that they had run out. How could you run out of anchovies in a Greek restaurant?Special Features:
- Went for lunch Prices veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/20/2012Went for lunch Prices very reasonable food great Will be backSpecial Features:
- I was very disappointed withamelt88Dined on 1/28/2012I was very disappointed with my experience at Greek Taverna. I was with a large group of friends and while we were waiting for some to arrive, our waiter was very attentive and we ordered appetizers. Once the food came out and the rest of the party arrived, our waiter was nowhere to be seen for at least a half hour. For dinner, I ordered the veal, which seemed to be more fat than meat. I expected much more from this restaurant considering how expensive it is. Everyone else at my table enjoyed their gyros and chicken platter but my meal was very unsatisfactory.Special Features:
- Without a doubt the best spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/31/2011Without a doubt the best spot for Greek food in the area. Everything I had was spot on and the service was very neighborhoody/friendly.Special Features:
- Really Great Food, Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/5/2011Grilled Pink snapper Sweet and moist. Huge dishes leave you stuffed and leave your tummy happy! Bottled water from Greece Crisp and tasty! Service was excellent, Desserts were mouth watering! Everything was just amazing! This neighborhood Gem inside the small mall of Glenrock is what this town needed! Kid Friendly nice Childerns menu, Not frozen chicken fingers homemade and huge for two childern to share. Alot of bang for your buck! We will be back! This is my new place to go for Greek and For Fish! If you are craving FISH then this is the place to go! Great service, Great Food, Great Find!Special Features:
- Very happy we tried The TavernaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/5/2011We were very happy we tried the Taverna, We started the night with a drink at the bar great drinks in this very sharp looking lounge, Our server was a nice blonde lady who explained all the dishes that were featured for the evening! I felt very educated with the entree I ordered, It did not disapoint! Great Service, My hubby was thrilled with his lamb dish and he had enough left over for lunch the next day. Our entree's were so fresh and you could taste all the different spices the Chef used to make the lamb dish, The restaurant is great for a date night or a first date, Take note single guys and girls up stairs dining for a romantic night! I am a foodie and love wine so this is a great place to experiance Greece and Greek wine!Special Features:
- I would highly recommend diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/30/2011I would highly recommend dining elsewhere. Everything is "o.k." - nothing special or noteworthy. Food is ok. Service is alright. I have been there on more than one occassion, and the experience is always the same. Each time I have left this restaurant disappointed. It is a shame as it is one of only a couple of restaurant options available in this town.
- Great Service and Great Food 4 StarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2011Amazing Food, Great Service! The Bar was a great looking chic area, The main dining room was lovely, Stair case from the Plaza hotel. We sat in the side dining room, The place was very well decorated. Foodies this is the place to go for some great GREEK Food! We have been to the other's in the area although nice places, Just not Great Greek Food! We had some starters and then the lamb Dish with pasta! The server Vanessa was very well informed and took her time with us, I own a restaurant in NY and felt the service was a 4 star rating. (We have family in Fairlawn) She even warmed the milk for our coffee's Nice touch! If you like Greek Than Its the place to go! We will be back! Ask to sit with Vanessa great experaince! Nice chinese hostess!Special Features:
- Looked closed!! my husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011Looked closed!! my husband asked for a traditional Greek dish and the waiter recommended lamb chops. The meal came out with 4 tiny lamb chops. Certainly not enough to fill any man and his appetite!! The combo appetizer was good, however the wait staff was not very Knowledgeable of the food on the menu!
- guess i'm getting tired ofOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/23/2011guess i'm getting tired of it here everything was just good nothing special
- Pleasantly surprised--courteouswarrenDined on 9/22/2011Pleasantly surprised--courteous staff, excellent food--