Great Plains Cattle Company - Ameristar Casino
3200 North Ameristar Drive
Kansas City, MO 64161Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Great Plains Cattle Company - Ameristar Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ameristar.com/Kansas_City_Dining_Great_Plains_Cattle_Co.aspx
- Phone: 8164147420x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bobby Bailey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Elegant private dining seating up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Rasheed Maazouz 8164147420x
A word from Great Plains Cattle Company - Ameristar Casino
With its soaring main dining area, with weathered crossbeams of old barn timber and wagon-wheel chandeliers, the Great Plains Cattle Company at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City pays homage to the rough-and-ready past of the American West. But the experience of dining here, in seats of distressed leather and among classic western art, is unexpectedly refined. Choose from such favorites as our Campfire Shrimp, Cedar Plank Salmon and Trail Boss Rib Eye -- and don’t forget to peruse our well-chosen wine list. A private dining room is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Great Plains Cattle Company - Ameristar Casino - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
Great Plains Cattle Company - Ameristar Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The steaks and sides were perfect. They have a nice selection of wines also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frodo2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food and ambiance was good however our order was lost and we waited and extended time to receive our meals. The manager did come to our table and apologized for the problem and when asked to compt one of the meals was more than happy to do so. I felt due to the wait, I should not have had to ask for one or both of the meals to be compt. In his defense, he did offer a free desert but I felt that was not enough compensation for our long wait to receive our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MajesticCasperDined on 8/22/2014Your Resteraunt Was Absolutely The Best !! Loved The Service & The Food Was Superb !!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!2OKIESDined on 8/21/2014Excellent... great food and service! Enjoyed the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- four starsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food was excellent, waiter was a bit slow, crying baby at next tableSpecial Features:
- Nikki65Dined on 8/14/2014This is my 2nd trip to Great Plains Cattle Co. My first visit was outstanding. The service was still great but the steak I had wasn't as good. Overcooked. However, I will give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobandBettyDined on 8/6/2014Food was excellent. The bread was outstanding. The rest of the meal was too. Really liked Steve, our waiter. The manager Carman stopped by and asked if we were enjoying our meal. All in all very enjoyable and inexpensive for what we got. Salmon sweet potato Durac pork chop mashed potatoes salad and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutDined on 7/18/2014Superb steaks, great service, perfect for steaks. Great for special occasions or just a night out for steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 7/17/2014I was disappointed in my bone in strip. It was not very flavorable or tender. The salad was drenched in dressing. The desserts seemed to be frozen and not fresh. I would not go to this restaurant again.
- Surprised!PatrickkcVIPDined on 6/28/2014We were pleasantly surprised at how amazing not only the service was at this resturant but our steaks! Both were 5 star, and our server; a lovely lady treated us like VIP! My advice: this is worth the drive and the dumpy casino location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was bad, food greatArayDined on 6/28/2014My husband loves this place so for his birthday we meet two other couples. Server was bad, at these prices I expect an upgrade in service from a chain steakhouse. He took the order and brought salad but not near enough for six. We were served our meal and were checked in once after we were well into the meal. My steak was fantastic but my husband said the prime rib was not as good as usual, everyone else loved the food though. Most of us had adult beverages and we were never asked if we would like another. I don't like someone to over do it ,but this guy disappeared and not much personality. For the price per plate I prefer better service. Last your bathroom smells bad which was surprising because it looked so clean and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks! Love the steaks hereluv2eatoutDined on 6/26/2014The steaks are consistently the best in Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The food was good but a little pricey. We had an onion ring appetizer that was a little short on onion rings for the price. Our waiter came up a little short on service but was adequate.
- Our Anniversary DinnerDiningInKCDined on 6/12/2014This was my first visit. I'll surely be back. I was very impressed. What's more, it was my surprise for my wife on our anniversary, and she was impressed. The whole drive there, my mouth was watering thinking about what steak I would order. Then the server described an off-the-menu special of a pan-fried walleye. I tried that instead of steak and it was absolutely delicious. My wife loved her steak and everything else on the table was excellent. Just Great all the way around! Hint: If its romantic you're looking for, ask them to seat you in front of the fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 154 reviews are from the Great Plains Cattle Company - Ameristar Casino reviews archive.
- WorldTravelerVIPDined on 5/23/2014I have eaten here many times. Friday the food was very good (as usual) but service by waiter was slow (not usual). Main waiter seemed very distracted while his assistant was much more attentive and in fact better suited to be main waiter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayBillDined on 5/11/2014Had a wonderful experience at Great Plains, as usual. The Wait staff always makes us feel special, and go out of their way to make the day special. Love coming here for special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014Steve was our server and he was very good. The steaks were fatty, salad wilted, broccoli caps with nasty tasting sauce . Extremely overpriced for terrible quality.
- Top Ten Kansas CityWhatSatisfiesDined on 4/25/2014I have had dinner at Great Plains many times in the past few years, All I can say is, they are awesome. Love the ambience, food is great, steaks outstanding. Service is awesome. Have touted Great Plains from my first visit. Friends and family say the same. We took our parents there for their 50th anniversary. Of the many places to eat in Kansas City, they are one of my favs. They are better than others I have been to, that cost way more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good andhar44Dined on 4/13/2014The food was very good and the service was great. This was our anniversary and we were seated by the fireplace. It was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceSharilpDined on 4/5/2014This was our fourth of fifth time we dined at Great Plains Steak House. We have always enjoyed it and it has become a place we go to for special events.Special Features:
- Loving the attention...luv2wineanddineVIPDined on 4/4/2014We love coming to The Journey's -- it's been on our favorites list for many many years now... while they have had staff changes over that time - they have kept their core group that keeps making this the place for us to come back to again and again... From Jake to Cherise, to Kelly to Joyce, to Chef Omar -- we love the special attention and care they all give and the great dining experience that we get from it. Tonite it was Joyce - who is always a compassionate and selfless Hostess... she knows what we like and how we like it! Her attention to our personal preferences is commendable and appreciated. Even when we change things up, like I wanted to try a different wine tonite, Joyce knew exactly what I was wanting. We are Blessed.Special Features:
- Very good overall with a few issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014one in our party had the crab risotto which was mushy and did not taste like fresh crab and the up charge of 10 dollars was a bit much. All that ate the prime rib were very satisfied, it has always been our favorite. I wish they would bring back the 22 oz bone in prime rib dinner. One had the Hamburger and it was very dry and over seasoned. Other than that the service was fantastic as always and the whole experience was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak houseChillerDined on 3/19/2014The decor is very nice. The service was great. I dropped my fork and didn't have to wave anyone down. They were right there. I had the filet and it was cooked just as I ordered. It is expensive but good for a change of pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014We went for our 34th Wedding Anniversary . My husband BBQ Ribs (Full) was ok but the baked potato was cold and not soft. The butter did not melt on the potato. My 7 oz Filet was not good at all. It look bad when Steve brought it to the table. Would not recommend this restaurant to my friends or family. We have been there several times and each times its been getting worse. The best part of the meal was our Campfire Shrimp. Very disappointed
- Always a winnerMrsMacDined on 3/14/2014We have loved this restaurant since it opened. Great food and great service, always! The prices have gone up quite a bit, but we still think it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014Not our first time here - but we love the food here. I think this is a hidden treasure in the Kansas City area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been there severalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014We have been there several times for birthdays and other special occasions. The atmosphere and food is always very delicious. Its one of my very favorite places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't handle busy nights....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Dined on a Saturday night at 7pm. We were seated right away, but from that point on the service was incredibly slow. My boyfriends food came out without part of the meal. The waiter said he was going to get it and 10 minutes later still had not returned. The manager subtracted that from our bill, but overall either the kitchen or the service has serious time management issues. While there we heard two other tables also complaining about issues. Too bad because the food and atmosphere were decent. Seems like they were not prepared to be busy on a Saturday night.
- We just keep coming back.luv2wineanddineVIPDined on 2/15/2014We repeat: --> Rare is a tandem so good, such as this... Not since Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid eh? Bobby can whip up some FANTASTIC recipes that will always make your mouth water... and Steve -- the MASTER "hote de table" -- will serve it up with the greatest smile and cordial entertainment you could ever ask for. WE keep coming back - because when something is GOOD -- why change it! 5 Stars! ThanksSpecial Features:
- blahKCronk33Dined on 2/14/2014Took an hour to get our food. Food quality wasn't worth the price. Service was very slow. Was not satisfied. Definitely let me down from what was expected. Will not be dining here again.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Very enjoyable evening. My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary dinner at your Kansas City restaurant. The food was VERY good and prepared extremely accurate. We both REALLY enjoyed the music - very romantic and relaxing.Special Features:
- Pre Valentine's DinnerBillDined on 2/13/2014Dining and food was great. Was wonderful for our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prime ribfashomeDined on 2/8/2014the prime rib is excellent, a good value for your money. served as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staffBellesMommaDined on 1/23/2014Dined on 1/23 for my mom's birthday, waited on by Jeff. He was awesome and super friendly, ESP to our antsy toddler! The staff entertained her with coloring books, everyone was so patient with us. Best dinner experience in a long time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always enjoy dining at theAddieDined on 1/12/2014I always enjoy dining at the Great Plains RestaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night With Good FriendsErnieDined on 12/28/2013We have loved this restaurant for years and have been able to share it with several friends and business contacts. Great steaks and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!JdfkcDined on 12/14/2013Great Plains has been one of our favorite places since it opened... Always good service and great food. Steaks are always awesome, be sure to try the au gratin potatoes a must have...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As UsualRonCDined on 11/30/2013The prime rib was excellent - great flavor and VERY tender. Service by Stephan was outstanding. The portions were large - well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go!RMACKMODined on 11/16/2013We spent the weekend at the Amerstar for our anniversary. We decided to try The Great Plains Cattle Co. for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised. Our waiter was great. He explained in detail the items we were interested in. We were seated in front of the fireplace which was great. My wife had ribs which were fall off the bones great. I had the filet Oscar. It was also great. We have had better but not by much. Pricing was fair for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The prime rib was so tenderRonCDined on 11/9/2013The prime rib was so tender it could be cut with a butter knife - I tried it 3 times to make sure. The steak soup was so good, I was tempted to make a meal of just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.