1133 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegreatmaple.com/
- Phone: 9497068282
- Hours of Operation:
Open Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm. Open Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Laurent Ferre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact GREAT MAPLE with your catering requests. We look forward to meeting your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Great Maple directly for all of your event needs.
- Private Party Contact: Romuald Crist 9497068282
A word from Great Maple
Great Maple is a simple declaration and appreciation for Seasonal Produce, Responsible Seafood and Farm Fresh American Meat. We show our love of these great gifts as we protect and serve them in a room created for libation and conversation. A European Dinette in America. To be without pretense and celebrate daily Seasonal items and of course pies!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Great Maple reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (61)great for lunch (45)fit for foodies (35)great for brunch (22)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (18)kid-friendly (17)special occasion (8)hot spot (7)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)romantic (3)Show More
- Celebrated a birthday thereMinderellaVIPDined on 9/15/2014and everything was perfect! It was really hot, but that's what we get for wanting to sit outside in Southern California in September. Cobb Salad amazing; french dip unbelievable, brought us sherbert with birthday girl's name written in chocolate. Very special. We are definitely going back. She said it was THE BEST french dip she has ever had.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Green salad with shaved fennel, asparagus and stuffed squash blossoms (only one!) was very boring. Should have sent it back. Pretty flavorless. Three other guests in my party enjoyed their choices, though--mussels, pasta with pesto and chicken, and fresh beet salad. Our waiter was terrible. Definitely won't return as there are too many good restaurants to choose from. Sat on outdoor patio which was pleasant. Inside dining room seemed very noisy.Special Features:
- Always a great mealtravelingfoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014We always appreciate the friendly service from the hostess and servers. The restaurant is very open to both the patio and the busy kitchen. The food is very good. Try the mashed potatoes - really - they are amazing. Love the salads and cocktails and apple pie.Special Features:
- NapaandNewportVIPDined on 9/7/2014Disappointing, beef dip just not that good. Drinks were great.
- YummyfunlvrDined on 9/6/2014The food was delicious. The service was great. We sat on the patio and listened and watched a dj and line dancers out in the mall on a Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating staffdiscerningdinerVIPDined on 9/6/2014We were late for our reservation but the hostess was accommodating. The waiter was attentive. The food was so fast from the kitchen. We sat in between two tables with loud and distracting conversations so not an ideal table. My salad was a bit oversized- never thought I would say that about a salad- but too much arugula for the other ingredients including the dressing and the added chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014Amazing food. Absolutely delicious! I will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014I felt the price was too much for the food and ambiance - it was a casual patio and not a fine dining type of restaurant, but my salad was $25 and was a bit boring.
- fun Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2014the Sunday brunch has a reasonably priced, varied menu that should provide something for everyone; casual, comfortable atmosphere allows adults to enjoy good food and good conversation; children are certainly accommodated, but it is not for the "wild child"; there are great brunch cocktails as well as the standard wine and spirits don't feel as if you are "at the mall" we enjoy the outdoor/indoor feel; my favorite is the avocado mash & egg whites with fresh fruit - yum!!Special Features:
- Everything was greatBdayDined on 8/30/2014Love the wines by the glass selection, especially the Daily special. The lobster ravioli and housemade potato chips are becoming our staples but the popovers were a delicious addition and great accompaniment.Special Features:
- So, so good!DelishVIPDined on 8/29/2014This place surprised me. It's in Fashion Island, shoppers just a few feet away, but the vibe on the patio was great. Our server was fantastic! The food was creative, delicious and rather generous portions. Really, this place is a treat!Special Features:
- KeensVIPDined on 8/27/2014Food was phenomenal - fresh, healthy and flavorfull!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014I would have said "great for brunch" but there was too much Tarragon in everything. Some lunches too.Special Features:
- catchme1nceDined on 8/17/2014Poor service, incorrect orders, poor selection of breakfast foods - no options no side orders. Worst eating experience . Only way one can enjoy maple syrup is to order the silver dollars. No other choices .
- Just OKsnickerDined on 8/16/2014The place was nice. The waiter was nice. At first, the place was fairly empty and the service was prompt. As it filled up the service slowed down some. They brought the main course before we were done with the appetizer, which I consider rude. It was pretty noisy and parking was almost full on a Saturday night. We enjoyed the Portobello mushroom fries appetizer. The main courses, a salad and a lamb dinner special were just ok. Well-made but lacked anything special. We would try it again if we were at Fashion Island but probably wouldn't drive just to get there.
- Good againCandi935VIPDined on 8/13/2014This time I had a lobster roll, very good. Lots of lobster and overly sauced. Wait staff is always attentive bout not overly attentive. Location is just outside Nordstrom in Fashion Island. Easy to just drop in and then off shopping again. Fun watching the people walk by if dining outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cdreyerDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed our meal. The food was outstanding, so fresh and so much flavor in everything. Loved the gluten free options. Service was a bit broken up and slow, but nothing too bad. The music playing in the courtyard from the mall had a pretty loud base beat that was annoying, but nothing the restaurant could do, just a note.Special Features:
- A fine restaurantdmcdinerDined on 8/9/2014As usual, we had a wonderful dining experience with great servers, charming atmosphere, and excellent food. We will return.Special Features:
- Great! Despite iffy verbal reviewsLstoneMBDined on 8/9/2014I hadn't heard the best reviews, but thought I would try it anyway... and it was great! Everything that we got was delicious, the service was fine, and it was a beautiful day to people watch at Fashion island. We had the soup, the beet and Burrata salad, duck salad, pork belly sandwich, and a few other things and they were all fantastic! I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great service and food!jburkiVIPDined on 8/3/2014I definitely would recommend the waffle dippers. The bacon maple sauce is delish!!! We sat on the patio and listened to music; it was very relaxing.Special Features:
- lindagDined on 7/28/2014Siituated in Fashion Island, the patio is adjacent to a lovely fountain. The people watching is great!! The food was excellent and the desserts were HUGE11Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noneDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant is located in the Fashion Island Shopping Center. It's a nice spot to have good food, and service which many times is not the case in a shopping atmosphere. Great people watching so try and get a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Went for dinner last Friday with another couple. After looking at the menu on the restaurant's website, we were excited to sample some of their dishes, hoping this could be our new favorite spot. Unfortunately, the food was just fair. The spicy shrimp appetizer was ok, the mussels were terrible - tiny little mussels with barely any meat, the duck salad was just ok and the "tableside" popovers were boring - they were very small and the texture was tough. Also, I ordered an ice tea, and they charged me for a refill - $3.50. Come on!
- Delicious SaladJackieAVIPDined on 7/16/2014I enjoyed a lovely spinach salad with strawberries and candied pecans at Great Maple.Special Features:
- Good FoodSethVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food is good, menu similar to a Houston's type restaurant. The drink menu is a little more extensive though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!RealJulietDined on 7/5/2014The best bacon cheeseburger! Decided to indulge in my twice a year treat. Delicious. Revamped menu with choices suitable for all. Waiter was friendly and professional, great decor, music in the courtyard, great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MapleBarbiipieDined on 7/2/2014It was good. I loved the cheese platter! Mai Mai sandwich was yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ChristinaDined on 6/27/2014Great food and service. Sea bass was amazing and great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014Food excellent. Attentive wait staff. Very casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- Pleasant afternoonrangodogVIPDined on 6/23/2014Met friends for lunch. Weather was perfect, lovely patio dining. Food was very good, not great, but very good. Large portions. Friendly staff. Take a shopping break, sit back, relax and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for lunchiEATVIPDined on 6/21/2014If you are looking for something casual, outdoors and located in a nice shopping center, this is the place. It's located next to nordstrom in fashion island where there is usually a musician performing outside. We recommend eating in the patio area. The salads and lunch items are great!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014The server never brought out my soup and when asked about it she said she forgot to place the order. My salad was missing some of the components that were listed on the description. And finally, exact same cocktails were served in different pieces of glassware making us question the drink and size. bummerSpecial Features:
- Great FindLaggVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was a last minute find after our original reservations didn't pan out. We ended up with an amazing waiter and delicious food and wine.Special Features:
- Too pricey even for Fashion IslandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2014Okay food, but over priced. Great cocktail - but over priced. Had a reservation, but had a mediocre placement at very small table outside even though the restaurant was not busy.
- YUM. Huge delicious portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Heard good things, went to see for myself. We were not disappointed, will be back! Great menu, service and food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 267 reviews are from the Great Maple reviews archive.
- Sunday brunchscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 5/18/2014We decided to stop in for Sunday brunch, and were glad we did. I enjoyed the mini beef wellington w poached farm fresh eggs, just the right amount for brunch. We also enjoyed their Mimosa (not weak!), but for dessert we went elsewhere as they forgot to notify the waiter of the birthday we were celebrating. That was disappointing. Poor communication from the front desk?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!GOKINGSGO2014Dined on 5/17/2014We first ate here on date night and we have been coming ever since. We love the atmosphere and the knowledge able staff always helps when making the right dinner selections. We brag about this place all the time when friends need a dinner recommendation. Recently a group of us had dinner and the toughest part of the night was deciding what to have! Everything that was coming out of the Kitchen looked delicious. We did try the fried mushroom app and it was great! When we did order our dinners, we were all happy with not only the quality, but the taste and presentation. Our friends were very pleased and they will be coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will give it another chancejburkiVIPDined on 5/17/2014My girlfriends and I were so looking forward to trying the waffle dippers for brunch and when we arrived, we were told that brunch is only served on Sundays?!?! Such a disappointment. I ordered the french dip - big mistake. The meat was so fatty; not marbled…just fat. Hopefully next time we go we will have a better eating experience. Outdoor patio with the musician playing the back ground was very relaxing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Party of ten- no one disappointed! We had everything from onion rings to lobster salad to items on the kids menu. Everyone loved their meal. Dessert was the apple pie and not a crumb was left!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014My group (4 of us) enjoyed the food. Nice to have a vegetarian choice too. Everyone said: Good, just should have been more of it (these were men). The beef wellingtons were good - just not enough I'm told.Special Features: