Saint Louis, MO 63116Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.grbicrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3147723100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Senada Grbic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
- Catering: Contact us for more information
A word from Grbic Restaurant
Eclectic European Cuisine in a European setting; brick walls, wooden ceilings, large fire burning hearth.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grbic Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- 1st time DinekeladewigDined on 12/1/2013First ever dining at a Bosnian restaurant, & therefore first time dine at Grbic. We made reservations for Sun night of Thanksgiving weekend - though they weren't needed since it was pretty empty that night. The building is really neat with all of the murals & ethnic decorations. Love the barrel vaulted ceilings. Our service was exceptional. I'd liken the food along the lines of German/Polish cuisine. We started with the Cauliflower Schnitzel - think a somewhat healthier version of mozzarella sticks. They were delicious - I'd definitely order them again. I had the Valdostana for my entree - the Bosnian version of beef stroganoff. Nice warming comfort food dish. My husband ordered the Mixed Grbic Plate - sampler of various delicious meats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseSteveDined on 11/29/2013Fabulous. Found as a recommendation from Open Table near Tower Grove in St Louis. Comments were favorable, so we took the plunge. What a wonderful experience, excellent middle European beers and wines, priced very affordable -- quality on par with much more expensive competition . All five of us tried different dishes suggested by the staff, then shared 5 ways -- all were outstanding. Dessert was also magnificent. Staff enthusiastic and helpful -- will definitely go back and recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic EthnicityMcCarthyDined on 11/9/2013Yummy food, beautiful historic building, nice service. The menu is fairly limited - though at least 12 types of snitzel! My only complaint is the table legs are huge and can make sitting comfortably a challenge. Definitely a place to try, mSpecial Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2013Food was fantastic. The waiter was friendly and funny and made the experience just that much better. Great selection of unusual Eastern European beers. Overall, excellent experience. We already have plans to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a discovery!CblevVIPDined on 10/5/2013Stumbled upon this 12 year old restaurant/banquet center in South St Louis by chance, and will definitely be back! The Bosnian food is outstanding and plentiful! The staff could not be more gracious and personable. The mixed grill and the dessert crepes were so outstanding that we cannot wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderful. The serviceJulieDined on 9/21/2013Simply wonderful. The service was great. The food could not be beat and very reasonably priced. The Ambiance I fell in love with. The combination of brick and wood left you feeling relaxed and ready to enjoy the evening. My husband and I went there before going to the STL Symphony and enjoyed the service and the food. There was no rushing us. We got there plenty early and was able to relax and take our time and talk. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Bosnian Cuisine, Very Noisyrh711Dined on 9/7/2013We were there at dinner, lunch may not be so clamorous. Our group was seated inside, where music was playing very loudly. We asked to sit outside, and they were accommodating in the move, where traffic was noisy, but we could here each other speak. I wouldn't go in the winter, because where can you hide from the noise? Food was very good, all of us had praise for the meal. Great family place, if you can't stand talking to one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 Satisfied Diners................ChefJayDined on 8/17/2013The dining experience that was shared by myself and 19 guests on Satuday was fantastic! The serving staff immediately made my guests and I at home as we waited for the arrival of a few stragglers. They were sure to communicate with me at every course and provided spot on attention to everyone at the table. The poise this young waiter displayed all evening defies explanation. From the pour of the pre dinner drinks through the appetizer, salad, main and dessert courses, we all found ourselves well satisfied. From the Crispy coating on the succulent calamari to the decadence of the 'lady finger cake,' each brought out rousing ooos and ahhs as we all threatened to be full multiple times but could not stop ourselves from taking bite after bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did German right (well almost)OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2013Nice little gem of a restaurant. Here on business and found this slavic/german restuarant and thought we'd give it a try. The appetizers were great - especially the cevapi sausages. Entrees were tasty and done well - schnitzel was huge and pounded to softness and they did the spatzle correctly! Ambience is pleasant with an odd juxtapositon of stone, timber and modern aspects. The service was good but the meal itself did take a while to be served but since it was so good we did not mind. Only negative was I had the Jagerschnitzel which was described as "grilled" but came as "breaded and fried" - while tasty this was not the more healthful way I had expected/wanted the meat to be prepared. Overall good experience and best meal of trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem, beautiful placeParmelaDined on 7/19/2013The restaurant is beautifully remodeled. Detailed brick and stone work, beautiful fireplace, nice woodwork overhead and a lovely patio area. The good is tasty if you're wiling to try something new. I really liked the Voldosta (sp?). The service was very average to poor. Our server disappeared constantly and we had to ask for refills of water/tea and ask for our check (although we'd been finished eating for 20 minutes) and we weren't offered dessert.Special Features:
- Can't get enough!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013This was our forth visit and all with different people...each visit was great, we were so pleased our friends liked it as much as we did...can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, beautiful settingParmelaDined on 6/28/2013Broad assortment of traditional Bosnian cuisine, very reasonable prices, truly beautiful setting either inside or out. Food above average, service average. Would prefer if they didn't mix smoking and nonsmoking together on the patio.Special Features:
- Wonderful place for a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2013Wonderful place for a family dinner! Will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I drove a long way.....MitchVIPDined on 6/7/2013We had a few Sarajevo beers on the patio prior to dining. I love to try new beers. This find was a gem. The food was spectacular. I drove over an hour to get there for dinner after hearing about it from a friend. I highly recommend. As you can see from my VIP status, I go out to eat a lot, and I will most certainly go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2013The food was great and in generous portions. The restaurant is beautiful and romantic. Outside dining was full so we ate indoors. There was a larger group towards the back but the sound did not travel so it was fine. I highly recommend this restaurant, we WILL be back!Special Features:
- ElizabethDined on 5/23/2013This is a great place to get Bosnian and other Central European favorites. Good beer, lots of delicious comfort food, and the dining room is really attractive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/6/2013This was our first experience at Grbic. The restaurant was relatively empty for a Saturday night, and the service relatively slow for so few people. There was a wedding party going on in a large party room next to the restaurant, but the waiter did not seem to be involved with that. The food was very good, with large portions. I had a lamb ragu served over homemade pasta that was excellent, and my companion had a mixed grill plate that was very good but relatively ordinary. We shared a large portion of strudel that was very good. Overall food was very good, but service needs improvement.Special Features:
- An excellent family ownedKenn45Dined on 3/5/2013An excellent family owned restaurant featuring Balkan food. It overlaps a little with German but with unique twists. They can handle large groups. The food and service were excellent. I think it would be a little hard to find without the aid of my GPS, but it is well worth seeking out.Special Features:
- Delicious food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013We were a very large party (18 people) and this was one of the few places that could accommodate us. They have a parking lot so that you don't have to look for street parking (in the snow in our case). The food was delicious and the service was very good for our large group. I had the Weiner Schnitzel but everybody enjoyed the food, and the crepes dessert were awesome! I was also quite amused by all of the Romanian drinks they had on the menu.Special Features:
- The server was extremely helpfulwegoalotVIPDined on 1/27/2013The server was extremely helpful in navigating the menu and provided excellent insight into the menu and recommendations. My wife took his advice and I did not. Needless to say my meal was good and hers was amazing (the grass is always greener?). We will definitely be back again.
- Good European food, althoughIronyDined on 1/19/2013Good European food, although with an American influence. Liked it.Special Features:
- Excellent meal in an awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2013Excellent meal in an awesome place. Loved the fireplace on our cold evening. Wish we would have had the time to experience the Bosnian coffee and dessert.
- Beautifully restored interior,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/18/2013Beautifully restored interior, wonderful fireplace, and a good waiter. The food was good, though somewhat heavy for my tastes. This is a great place for groups and families.Special Features:
- The service was superb, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012The service was superb, the food wonderful and reasonably priced, and the atmosphere was warm and comforting. Next visit I will be seeking a spot by the beautiful fireplace! I love the cellar charm of the brick arches, and wooden ceiling - and so very spacious.Special Features:
- This was our first time atLindaVIPDined on 11/6/2012This was our first time at this restaurant - THE FOOD WAS WONDERFUL. WE WILL BE BACK VERY VERY SOON!!!!!Special Features:
- Always a FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Grbic's remains one of our top restaurants to bring out-of-town guests to, and we frequently dine here for special occasions. The food is always delicious and unique! The staff are super-friendly and always ready to provide recommendations. Don't miss the European beers and especially the Bosnian Coffee (it's delicious and a great value). Leave room for dessert, they are delicious!Special Features:
- The food was very good, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012The food was very good, the service was on the slow side.Special Features: