Graze - Charleston
863 Houston Northcutt Blvd
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Graze - Charleston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://grazecharleston.com/
- Phone: 8436062493
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Michael Karkut and Derek Lathan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Graze - Charleston
Graze is a restaurant where the food is very fresh, creative, and everchanging. The menu is eclectic in variety from fresh seafood to vegeterian options. Graze is the type of restaurant that you could eat at several times a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Graze - Charleston - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Graze - Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)neighborhood gem (84)special occasion (32)notable wine list (28)hot spot (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (21)romantic (20)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- Excellent, glad we tried itDebPDined on 10/26/2014We've been considering Graze for over a month now and we finally gave it a try over the weekend and are so happy we did... we have a new favorite! Quality fresh, food which we demand in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal at GrazeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed another great meal at Graze on Saturday. The food is always delicious. I love that we can enjoy a "downtown Charleston quality" meal in Mt Pleasant AND feel comfortable bringing the kids. I especially love that the kids menu includes the regular kid food but also allows for the option of 1/2 size portions of anything on the adult menu. Why don't all restaurants do that? We are all addicted to the lobster mac & cheese. The chunks of lobster are huge.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceTbhammyDined on 10/24/2014We didn't know anything about the restaurant. Just searched for restaurants near our hotel. Food and service were excellent and it was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, awesome servicejerwoodyDined on 10/24/2014We had a party of 9 to feed. Great servers, awesome food selections! Lobster bisque is amazing. Duck raviolis and shrimp and grits were very good. Ckicken and waffles were out of this world! Thanks Graze, for a wonderful start to a great family outing at boone hall fright night. Look forward to the summerville location opening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GRAZE - a great findanimalloverlovesFatHenDined on 10/23/2014Took family from out of town to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday, and GRAZE did not disappoint. The food, service and ambiance was a treat. Our server was very attentive, and he even brought out my husband's dessert with a candle on top. The crab cake dish was excellent. Writing this, my mouth is watering as I think about it. Others in our party had the shrimp and grits which they very much enjoyed. The blueberry cheesecake was delightful, too! Will definitely go back and recommend to others. For those living in Mt. Pleasant, you have a neighborhood gem!!Special Features:
- Tasty treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014We went here for a friend's birthday and it was wonderful. The food was delicious - we ordered a lobster mac and cheese that was so rich and creamy, it melted in your mouth and the chicken and waffles - which was perfectly flaky and sweet with just the right amount of syrup. We paired it with a bottle of house white which was crisp and lovely. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for dining out or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findBillHDined on 10/18/2014I took the wife for her birthday and invited another couple. The food was delicious. The service was outstanding. Dinner for 4 price was spot on. The couple and the wife between them had 6 glasses of wine. The price-point on the food (pomme frittes appetizer) for two well-sized portions of lobster mac-n-cheese (yes, they use REAL lobster), blackened salmon salad, and another entree was spot on. An excellent and enjoyable dining experience was had by all.Special Features:
- graze is supergoodpennyDined on 10/17/2014Excellent service and food is way above average. Bar and dining area nicely separated. Good wine selection. Well worth it.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerJZimanVIPDined on 10/15/2014Friend took me for my birthday. This was first time there. Waitress was excellent and had good sense of humor. Food good. Would go back if in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/13/2014Blackened Salmon Salad and Chicken and Waffles are my favorites, but everything here is delicious.Special Features:
- Charleston vacation spotSouthwesternVacationerVIPDined on 10/12/2014Off the beaten trail in Mt Pleasant mall. The restaurant is noted as farm to table. More than just fresh ingredients, the chef combines them for great results. Salads and entrees were equally very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RevJoeDined on 10/10/2014Good restaurant - a little noisy and could use a few more menu options, but pleasant with attentive staff - I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great findtommybVIPDined on 10/10/2014Really enjoyed are meals.....what a great surprise. Will definitely be back for more!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!MtPChefDined on 10/6/2014Loved the short rib tacos. Im gluten free and they have a separate menu for that so I had lots to choose from. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunchVinasdottirDined on 10/5/2014My brunch order of filet Benedict was perfect. The meat was tender, the egg just right and small greens (arugula) were delicious. My son ordered the French toast and it was also wonderfully prepared. I swapped one of my two English muffin/filet/eggs for a slice of the French toast--the portions are generous. We will be back!Special Features:
- shaky serviceKellyCDined on 10/5/2014overall food was good however we were the first ones for brunch and they were out of the puree to make bellinis. odd for a brunch staple. additionally one plate at our table was delayed so the table sat waiting, food getting cold for it to show up. Server also seemed a bit clueless about the menu and Graze in general.Special Features:
- Not just for "Grazing"figeacDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed our first visit here on a 3 day trip to Charleston that we returned our last night to try additional offerings. The Duck Confit Ravioli was a creative unique blend of tastes for the foodie in our couple, but the traditionalist "licked" his salmon dinner plate clean. Parking was a piece of cake compared to dealing with downtown Charleston, yet the quality of cooking was equal to the best. Only concern: when the sun is getting low, there is an issue with brightness coming through the blinds and even reflecting off the wood and glasses on empty tables (not blocked by bodies). Very nice wine list and really friendly personnel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodLocalEatrDined on 10/3/2014Graze has very good food and the tenderloin with brussel sprouts was awesome. Walking in the front door is not a very welcoming experience, however, and the host was less than accommodating or even welcoming. Not sure what that was about. Our server was pleasant and attentive. Oddly, they were out of 3 items that we ordered (I was really looking forward to the duck confit ravioli), but what we did eventually order was very good.Special Features:
- Culinary OasiswillbbackDined on 10/2/2014I chose to bring my sister and daughter for a birthday "girls night out". We were made to feel at home immediately. I wanted this night to be special for my family, and I was pleased with our experience.The Pimms cup cocktail was as refreshing as our knowledgeable waitress recommended. The calamari fries were tender, crispy and delicious.I appreciated having the small plate choices, and the chicken livers on grits were perfect. The jumbo crab cake was just that, fresh and delicious. We finished our meal with fresh-brewed coffee, and complimentary birthday dessert with a candle on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken and Waffles - The Best EverLisa13Dined on 9/25/2014We have been back to Graze a number of times and each time we have never been disappointed with our meal. My favorite is the Chicken and Waffle dish - a must try!Special Features:
- Perfect Sunday brunch!HappydinerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our dining experience at Graze was perfect, except for two extremely noisy tables! Thanks to our waitress for seating us on the bar side.....the loud people were in the larger/main side. We had Sunday brunch, and it was wonderful! The service was super, and the chicken and waffles were excellent! We dine there often, and highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Here as Good As Lunch/DinnerFoozleDined on 9/14/2014This is one of our go-to places for lunch and dinner. Yesterday, we needed brunch and noted Graze was open. Easy decision, and a great one! Emilie's service was gracious and prompt. And the food!! Pulled-pork Benedict with eggs done just right vanished in a trace as did an excellent Reuben with succulent meat (as always, accompanying thin fries here are piping hot and just salted enough). The third dish was cubed potatoes done beautifully in duck fat, topped with three juicy link sausages and two perfectly runny fried eggs. Unmentioned on the menu was that bits of crispy boneless duck were mixed in the potatoes. Sublime and brought a smile to this eater's face. A zesty Bloody Mary and a fresh, tangy Mimosa completed a first-rate brunch.Special Features:
- wonderfuljudysDined on 9/12/20142nd time back and soooo much better. Had shrimp taco appetizer (relish), graze salad & their mussels to die for. will definitely be back sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectGMKingCharlesInnVIPDined on 9/11/2014We were a party of five women looking for a great local spot in Mt. Pleasant, SC. We selected GRAZE and we were delighted with our choice! Our server Leslie was wonderful. She described the dishes perfectly and was spot on! The Kale Ceasar was fabulous as well as the soup as an appetizer. The filet we ordered was cooked perfect, salmon tasty, asparagus amazing and we even finished off with a couple desserts. The apple tarts and chocolate cake was to die for! I would highly suggest GRAZE for a super terrific dinner spot!Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerYoungMilltownDined on 9/11/2014We were in town for a wedding and were extremely please with our dinner at Graze. Our waitress was very friendly (even with us dining with a troublesome tot) and she was knowledgeable of the menu and even gave recommendations for other restaurants in the area. Graze is located in a strip mall with Whole Foods but don't let the location deter you. The food was outstanding and we were very happy with our experience. Would happily return if we're ever in the area again.Special Features:
- myearshurtnightoutDined on 9/10/2014Food was very good & plenty of it. BUT - restaurant was way too loud. As more people showed up, everyone was talking louder & louder to try and hear the person next to you. For this reason, I, most likely, will never go backSpecial Features:
- DennyDined on 9/9/2014Food and service was excellent. Wine was very good. We've been here 3 times and have loved the food each time. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- On our list to visit againNew6211Dined on 9/9/2014We used Restaurant Week in Charleston to try out several places that would be great venues for guests - Graze is on our list of places to take family and friends. The wait staff were a little less attentive than I expected but everything in the order was correct and delivered at the right temperature and in a way that kept everyone's meal moving on the same timeline. The food - both prix fix and from the menu - was over the top in quality of ingredients, flavor and presentation.Special Features:
- Great Food, Super LoudPacManDined on 9/8/2014Came here for our last night in Charleston, the food and service was great but since it has a very open layout and high industrial ceilings it was very loud. It was difficult to talk to my wife sitting next to me. But with that said the food was awesome to the point that even though it was restaurant week we opted to just order off the menu b/c it looked so good and we had to try the Mac. Definitely go here if you have friends with you!Special Features:
- A disappointment. ....TrylfoxDined on 9/7/2014We dined on Sunday for Restaurant week.... we were excited since they are opening a location in Summerville near us. We expected to much maybe.... The food arrived almost warm. We asked for one filet to be butterflied, it wasn't. The food was decent but would have been excellent had it arrived hot. When it came to desert they only offered two choices on the pre fixed menu which sounded nice but when we ordered the server came back and told us they only had one available.... Go figure it was Sunday night and they were slow. ...we were disappointed to say the least... was looking forward to having a new place to dine in Summerville. ...... It appears I'll be looking someplace else. ....Special Features:
- Very surprising find!cookiemnstr82Dined on 9/6/2014I came across Graze during restaurant week. You must try the pulled pork mac and cheese!!!!!!! Its a great spot for date night. Service was excellent. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Food was outstanding. Nice adult atmosphere. We dined during restaurant week and the 3 for $30 menu had excellent choices. Salmon and blue cheese filet mignon were delish! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLuvhermuffinsDined on 9/5/2014We had a great meal and excellent service. The filet was delicious. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NitabsssDined on 9/4/2014We both enjoyed our seafood dishes - they offered the $30 restaurant week menu - looked good but so much food for me - liked that you could substitute wine for 1 course but only house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLowcountryDined on 9/3/2014Options are great from small plates to full meals.Special Features:
- Best Service Ever!Lisa13Dined on 8/31/2014Leslie did an fantastic job serving our party of 8. She was in touch with every aspect of our dinner experience, and she suggested the best specials which everyone loved. You have a gold star working for you! Best, LisaSpecial Features:
- Food is the reason to go here!KimboDined on 8/31/2014Everyone in our party enjoyed their food. I had the crab Benedict and others had the chicken and waffles. Since I'm not a food critic, I won't try to describe except to say that both were moveable and if back in Mount Pleasant, I will definitely go back to Graze. I would have given it 5 stars except for the ambiance. We made a reservation for 7 people and they seated us on the bar side which felt cramped. The service was adequate. Good is the reason to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The pulled pork and collards Mac and cheese may be the best comfort food I have ever eaten! The chile citrus short rib tacos are always a must- I get them every time I go. Do not ever change these two items, please.Special Features:
- Consistently greatpickyChasLocalDined on 8/27/2014Graze is one of my favorites. Watching master chef and all the great food places in Charleston make me a little bit of a food snob. Graze is always great! We ate at the bar and Leslie was great too with excellent suggestions and willing to have things tweaked for us. Many thanks and we will see you again soon!Special Features:
- alocalDined on 8/23/2014It was a good and pleasant meal, but the lobster bisque was thin and not as creamy as one would expect.