Graze - Charleston
863 Houston Northcutt Blvd
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Graze - Charleston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://grazecharleston.com/
- Phone: 8436062493
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Michael Karkut and Derek Lathan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Graze - Charleston
Graze is a restaurant where the food is very fresh, creative, and everchanging. The menu is eclectic in variety from fresh seafood to vegeterian options. Graze is the type of restaurant that you could eat at several times a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Graze - Charleston - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Graze - Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)neighborhood gem (70)special occasion (29)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (20)good for groups (19)romantic (17)hot spot (15)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (3)Show More
- alocalDined on 8/23/2014It was a good and pleasant meal, but the lobster bisque was thin and not as creamy as one would expect.
- Good foodLovemylabDined on 8/23/2014Food was good. Service a little slow. Drinks from bar extremely slow. Pulled pork & collards macaroni and cheese a favorite.Special Features:
- Will eat here over and over againcarlylikesgoodfoodDined on 8/19/2014The Charleston area has so many great, unique places, so there is always a new place you can try. I love that, but I can't get enough of Graze. I would go there every night if I could. Their lump crab cake is phenomenal, as is their cilantro jalapeno margarita. It's spicy and amazing! I have tried other dishes as well and have yet to be disappointed. The staff is pretty friendly and knowledgeable. The menu is creative an large enough that it takes a few minutes to decide. The atmosphere is classy but not pretentious, and they are good with children. You won't find crayons and coloring pages, but a decent children's menu and staff that is not turned off by young children. They were wonderful with our 2 and 4 year olds.Special Features:
- Great serviceJrobertsonDined on 8/15/2014Kelly was a fantastic server and was very knowledgable concerning the cuisine and correctly pairing and recommending wines. It really made the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value!LocalFoodLoverDined on 8/8/2014Great wine list. Excellent food. Excellent service. Does not accommodate a group of more than 4 very well though; no large tables. A little noisy due to hard walls and floor and industrial style ceiling. Will be frequent diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Although the special was a bit under seasoned, everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingJoeGoldberg1VIPDined on 8/7/2014If you saw this place in a strip mall, chances are you would pass it by....but you would end up missing and incredible meal! We will be back next time we see in Charleston for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Will NOT ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Our experience at Graze did not live up to the reviews. I was hosting a group of seven. The service started well and out waitress was attentive. Mixed drinks were good (we had Lemonhito). We started with a cauliflower and green apple soup and it was delicious. Most who had appetizers seemed pleased. Graze provides a gluten free menu which is a plus. The bad - Entrees were over spiced and several were overcooked and dry. Only one person at the table finished their entrée and one guest had to use restroom because the food was upsetting the stomach. One of the guests found a fly in the wine; the waitress was defensive and insisted it could not have been served that way and the manager never visited the table to apologize.
- Good experience againEdgarDined on 8/6/2014As has always been the case, Graze performs to a high standard for a casual restaurant. Attentive service, creative menu all made our party of 8 completely satisfied fulfilling a variety of tastes!Special Features:
- BrunchBigsexy1Dined on 8/3/2014Great brunch chicken and waffles were very good my wifes order had a mistake which was quickly fixed I think some one got hers and did not notice it was not what they ordered as a lot of tables were served at same timeSpecial Features:
- FantasticChoochooDined on 7/28/2014Our bill says our servers name was Georgia....She was FANTASTIC. We only had one day in Charleston to discover the city. We ended up at Graze. All I can say is your restaurant was exceptional only to be outdone by your server. She added to our delightfully evening and our stay in Charleston. She's a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Brunch was good....shrimp and grits was wonderful. ...I would say if you are hungry get more than the 1/2 sandwich/salad....I wish they had soup on the menu for lunch, but they don't...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graze is better than locationMHobsonDined on 7/26/2014We found Graze on Open Table, liked the look of the menu and decided to give it a try. We were quite disappointed to pull up to the address and find it in a strip mall. The space is small and when we walked in, we were right in the middle of the bar/hostess stand - no foyer or welcome area. I'm sure the tables in the bar area are at the mercy of the heat in the summer and the cold in the winter every time the doors open. Fortunately, after a bad first impression, it got better. The food was great, the wine list was small but had some real gems on it, and the service was efficient and friendly. If anything, the food was actually delivered too quickly. We were only two sips into our first glass of wine and entrees were already on the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDaiseyMaeDoraDined on 7/25/2014Chicken and waffles and the pulled pork with collard green Mac and cheese were amazing and they accommodated our needs and requests from open table! They also provided a printed copy of the gluten free menu to take home which I gave to my parent so they could go they next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mount Pleasant treasureWriteBoatDined on 7/19/2014With restaurants like Graze in Mount Pleasant, no one needs to go into Charleston for a great meal. EVERY Graze meal has been wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014Very nice and friendly place to have dinner. I had the beet salad and the crab cake entree; both were delicious. As my girlfriends and I awaited our starters, we could not help looking at every place that went by. Everything looked amazing. Highly recommend this place for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrazeScottVIPDined on 7/17/2014we were seated right away restaurant seemed full chicken livers appetizer - livers were cooked perfectly, still a little pink inside - the grits with them did not seem appropriate out of salmon entree at 7 pm so I chose the crab cake - was good but the "red" sauce on it seemed inappropriate server seemed inexperienced overall a good dinner 3.5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveatingoutluveatingoutDined on 7/16/2014The food was appealing in its presentation and taste. The service was friendly and adequate. The ambience, however, could be dramatically enhanced with some white table cloths for nighttime dining and some flowers or a candle on the table.Special Features:
- LillyparkeDined on 7/13/2014We went to Graze for a Birthday Brunch - although it was clearly my birthday and not one member of the staff made a comment on the occasion, the actual food was delicious. I ordered the Chicken and Waffles. Amazing! A friend of mine also ordered the same dish and said one of her waffles was cold. I had a couple bites of a friend's Cheeseburger and immediately called my boyfriend to tell him that we have another contender for best burger in Charleston. The poutine is also quite tasty. Those guests that ordered the French Toast were not nearly as happy as everyone else. Great spot!Special Features:
- Great waitressBethVIPDined on 7/10/2014Lindsay, aka peaches, was a very good server with a large group. Her attitude and menu suggestions made the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out-of-town Business Guests PleaserSandyBDined on 7/10/2014When out-of-town business guests suggested dinner in Charleston, I suggested we go to one of the best spots I know---just across the bridge in Mt. Pleasant. Seeing Graze in a shopping strip clearly had them a little nervous upon arrival, but I promised they would not be disappointed by the food, and they weren't! My four Utah business colleagues raved about their flounder, ravioli, and chicken and waffle dishes! In fact, Graze is on their "must do next time we come back to Charleston" list. Although everyone was totally full, one of my guests convinced us to share a dessert. The skilled chocolate chip cookie with ice cream was generous enough to give everyone a few tastes and was amazing. Thanks, Graze, for not disappointing!Special Features:
- Wonderful foodStrasbourg06Dined on 7/9/2014The menu provided too many options that looked great. We settled on splitting the goat cheese/beat salad, followed by duck confit ravioli and buffalo shrimp tacos. All the food was wonderful and I'll come back when I am back in townSpecial Features:
- nice surprisejackDined on 7/8/2014Never tried it. Heard nice things about it and decided to give it a try. Food was excellent and good size servings. We started with black bean soup. Had blackened salmon salad and I was to the chicken and waffles were good; it was. Leslie our waitress was attentive, not overbearing. Great job. It was modest inside but overall experience was a nice surprise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!CivilChuckDined on 7/8/2014Had the Pomme Frites, kale salad, and entrees were flank steak with kimchi and chicken n waffles! Chef makes quality food at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findmrZ1265Dined on 7/5/2014Nice small restaurant tucked away in a shopping center. The menu is just the right size and choices are varied. I had the cinnamon scallops and they were excellent especially paired with the sweet potato risotto. Would highly recommend as an alternative to driving to downtown Charleston for a great meal.Special Features:
- Everything is fabulous!DogDoc77Dined on 7/5/2014I love this restaurant. I have only been twice, once with another couple and once with just my husband. All of the choices have been excellent. The scallops and risotto are perfect, the green apple cauliflower soup was rich and satisfying, the fish tacos the best I have had, my husband's pork and collards mac and cheese ridiculously decadent, the mussels were small but numerous in a rich tomato broth. Graze is a terrific restaurant, tasty, reasonable, and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable menustic2itDined on 7/5/2014Dinner was great and the recommended dishes were delectable. The wine list has nice pairings but is not extensive - but the food should be the star anyway. The chicken and waffles and the lobster Mac and cheese were outstanding - highly recommended. Service was this visit was average as I had to wait on our server Kelly multiple times to attend to our requests. I definitely would recommend Graze for a casual dining experience and unique twists on their entreesSpecial Features:
- just awesomempfoodieDined on 6/29/2014Went for Sunday brunch with my wife and kids. The service was friendly fast. This paired with excellent food makes Graze one of my favorite restaurants in Mt. Pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!pickyChasLocalDined on 6/28/2014We seem to always have a great experience at Graze. Menu constanly rotates to current freshness in foods so one never knows ahead of time what your are going to order. But there's always great choices. Our favorite meal of a lifetime has happened here and we always love going here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with MomamberDined on 6/28/2014When my mom comes to town we always try to visit at least one restaurant we have never been before. I have lived in Charleston 5 years now and had never been to Graze. It was recommended to me by a coworker, so I made a reservation for Saturday night. We were seated immediately, and our server did not miss a beat. I have worked in the F&B industry for years, so I always pay attention to how the FOH staff work together. This group was really on point. Now for the food, I ordered the Pulled Pork Tacos & my mom ordered the Cilantro-Buffalo Shrimp Tacos. We looked at each other and at the same time said it was the best taco we had ever had. We also appreciated that it was served with a huge side salad. It was a wonderful experience!
- mtjdjOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014We love the tacos!!! The food is always good. On this visit we had three appetizers and then tacos. We were absolutely stuffed.Special Features:
- Nice Cozy VenueSherDined on 6/28/2014I called earlier that day to make a reservation at 6:30. I had the crab cake, which was very genrous in size! Not too much filler. Loved the sauce the rice & red peppers were in. My date enjoyed the flank steak, which was cooked to perfection. Our waitress seemed to be preoccupied & never brought us bread before the meal. So during the meal we had to ask her for it. Even though we had a reservation, we were disappointed in being placed at a very small table for 2 next to the wall. We thought the table for 4 were only for 4 guests but not so, our waitress sat the next party of 2 at this table. So we will ask for a larger table next time.Special Features:
- SeaStarDined on 6/26/2014My favorite "go to" restaurant. Casual dining that is dependably delicious. An interesting and varied menu that should appeal to all tastes so it is safe place to recommend with no worries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unusual find !MTPleasanttransplantDined on 6/21/2014Situated in a shopping center caught me off guard - but what a surprise - fabulous menu - food was AWESOME - my salmon was cooked PERFECTLY - server was VERY attentive and friendly !! All 4 of us had great meals - we'll be back often !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Find!KRWSKIDined on 6/18/2014Our dinner at Graze was outstanding! The food was delicious with a wide variety of choices. The service was excellent as well. What a find - I would have loved to have eaten there again if I had more time in Charleston! We will definitely be dining at Graze the next time we visit Isle of Palms! Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 6/16/2014We were in Mt. Pleasant to visit Fort Sumter from Patriots Point. I found Graze on Open Table and we tried it based on the reviews. I am so glad we did because it exceeded expectations. I really can't say enough good things. Hubby and I both ordered the cinnamon chili dusted sea scallops and they were up there with the best scallops we have ever eaten and we have high expectations having had fantastic scallops at fine French restaurants in NYC and the Philadelphia area. For a $1 up-charge they will add a little more to the dinner salad and split it for two to share. We ate at 82 Queen the next night and, although dinner was very good, our dinner at Graze the night before was better. If we lived in the area, we would dine at Graze regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LainieDined on 6/14/2014The atmosphere and food were great. Our server, Stephanie, was outstanding as usual!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TopherVIPDined on 6/13/2014As always, with anyone who is out of town visiting, this is THE place that I must take friends, especially those who are avid foodies. I always hook them in with "they have BUTTER OF THE DAY" and then let the menu wow them. Portions are generous and prices are very reasonable than the "downtown" prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealHappyDined on 6/12/2014Our group of four thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The scallops and risotto were excellent as well as the salmon.Special Features:
- Nice placeTigerfanVIPDined on 6/11/2014Great place for a couple or small group for some good food and very good service. Give it a shot if your looking for something different in Mt P.Special Features: