Graze - Charleston
863 Houston Northcutt Blvd
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Graze - Charleston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://grazecharleston.com/
- Phone: 8436062493
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Michael Karkut and Derek Lathan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Graze - Charleston
Graze is a restaurant where the food is very fresh, creative, and everchanging. The menu is eclectic in variety from fresh seafood to vegeterian options. Graze is the type of restaurant that you could eat at several times a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Graze - Charleston - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Graze - Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)neighborhood gem (78)special occasion (30)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (20)hot spot (20)notable wine list (19)good for groups (17)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (2)Show More
- Brunch Here as Good As Lunch/DinnerFoozleDined on 9/14/2014This is one of our go-to places for lunch and dinner. Yesterday, we needed brunch and noted Graze was open. Easy decision, and a great one! Emilie's service was gracious and prompt. And the food!! Pulled-pork Benedict with eggs done just right vanished in a trace as did an excellent Reuben with succulent meat (as always, accompanying thin fries here are piping hot and just salted enough). The third dish was cubed potatoes done beautifully in duck fat, topped with three juicy link sausages and two perfectly runny fried eggs. Unmentioned on the menu was that bits of crispy boneless duck were mixed in the potatoes. Sublime and brought a smile to this eater's face. A zesty Bloody Mary and a fresh, tangy Mimosa completed a first-rate brunch.Special Features:
- wonderfuljudysDined on 9/12/20142nd time back and soooo much better. Had shrimp taco appetizer (relish), graze salad & their mussels to die for. will definitely be back sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectGMKingCharlesInnVIPDined on 9/11/2014We were a party of five women looking for a great local spot in Mt. Pleasant, SC. We selected GRAZE and we were delighted with our choice! Our server Leslie was wonderful. She described the dishes perfectly and was spot on! The Kale Ceasar was fabulous as well as the soup as an appetizer. The filet we ordered was cooked perfect, salmon tasty, asparagus amazing and we even finished off with a couple desserts. The apple tarts and chocolate cake was to die for! I would highly suggest GRAZE for a super terrific dinner spot!Special Features:
- myearshurtnightoutDined on 9/10/2014Food was very good & plenty of it. BUT - restaurant was way too loud. As more people showed up, everyone was talking louder & louder to try and hear the person next to you. For this reason, I, most likely, will never go backSpecial Features:
- DennyDined on 9/9/2014Food and service was excellent. Wine was very good. We've been here 3 times and have loved the food each time. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- On our list to visit againNew6211Dined on 9/9/2014We used Restaurant Week in Charleston to try out several places that would be great venues for guests - Graze is on our list of places to take family and friends. The wait staff were a little less attentive than I expected but everything in the order was correct and delivered at the right temperature and in a way that kept everyone's meal moving on the same timeline. The food - both prix fix and from the menu - was over the top in quality of ingredients, flavor and presentation.Special Features:
- Great Food, Super LoudPacManDined on 9/8/2014Came here for our last night in Charleston, the food and service was great but since it has a very open layout and high industrial ceilings it was very loud. It was difficult to talk to my wife sitting next to me. But with that said the food was awesome to the point that even though it was restaurant week we opted to just order off the menu b/c it looked so good and we had to try the Mac. Definitely go here if you have friends with you!Special Features:
- A disappointment. ....TrylfoxDined on 9/7/2014We dined on Sunday for Restaurant week.... we were excited since they are opening a location in Summerville near us. We expected to much maybe.... The food arrived almost warm. We asked for one filet to be butterflied, it wasn't. The food was decent but would have been excellent had it arrived hot. When it came to desert they only offered two choices on the pre fixed menu which sounded nice but when we ordered the server came back and told us they only had one available.... Go figure it was Sunday night and they were slow. ...we were disappointed to say the least... was looking forward to having a new place to dine in Summerville. ...... It appears I'll be looking someplace else. ....Special Features:
- Very surprising find!cookiemnstr82Dined on 9/6/2014I came across Graze during restaurant week. You must try the pulled pork mac and cheese!!!!!!! Its a great spot for date night. Service was excellent. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Food was outstanding. Nice adult atmosphere. We dined during restaurant week and the 3 for $30 menu had excellent choices. Salmon and blue cheese filet mignon were delish! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLuvhermuffinsDined on 9/5/2014We had a great meal and excellent service. The filet was delicious. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NitabsssDined on 9/4/2014We both enjoyed our seafood dishes - they offered the $30 restaurant week menu - looked good but so much food for me - liked that you could substitute wine for 1 course but only house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLowcountryDined on 9/3/2014Options are great from small plates to full meals.Special Features:
- Best Service Ever!Lisa13Dined on 8/31/2014Leslie did an fantastic job serving our party of 8. She was in touch with every aspect of our dinner experience, and she suggested the best specials which everyone loved. You have a gold star working for you! Best, LisaSpecial Features:
- Food is the reason to go here!KimboDined on 8/31/2014Everyone in our party enjoyed their food. I had the crab Benedict and others had the chicken and waffles. Since I'm not a food critic, I won't try to describe except to say that both were moveable and if back in Mount Pleasant, I will definitely go back to Graze. I would have given it 5 stars except for the ambiance. We made a reservation for 7 people and they seated us on the bar side which felt cramped. The service was adequate. Good is the reason to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The pulled pork and collards Mac and cheese may be the best comfort food I have ever eaten! The chile citrus short rib tacos are always a must- I get them every time I go. Do not ever change these two items, please.Special Features:
- Consistently greatpickyChasLocalDined on 8/27/2014Graze is one of my favorites. Watching master chef and all the great food places in Charleston make me a little bit of a food snob. Graze is always great! We ate at the bar and Leslie was great too with excellent suggestions and willing to have things tweaked for us. Many thanks and we will see you again soon!Special Features:
- alocalDined on 8/23/2014It was a good and pleasant meal, but the lobster bisque was thin and not as creamy as one would expect.
- Good foodLovemylabDined on 8/23/2014Food was good. Service a little slow. Drinks from bar extremely slow. Pulled pork & collards macaroni and cheese a favorite.Special Features:
- Will eat here over and over againcarlylikesgoodfoodDined on 8/19/2014The Charleston area has so many great, unique places, so there is always a new place you can try. I love that, but I can't get enough of Graze. I would go there every night if I could. Their lump crab cake is phenomenal, as is their cilantro jalapeno margarita. It's spicy and amazing! I have tried other dishes as well and have yet to be disappointed. The staff is pretty friendly and knowledgeable. The menu is creative an large enough that it takes a few minutes to decide. The atmosphere is classy but not pretentious, and they are good with children. You won't find crayons and coloring pages, but a decent children's menu and staff that is not turned off by young children. They were wonderful with our 2 and 4 year olds.Special Features:
- Great serviceJrobertsonDined on 8/15/2014Kelly was a fantastic server and was very knowledgable concerning the cuisine and correctly pairing and recommending wines. It really made the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value!LocalFoodLoverDined on 8/8/2014Great wine list. Excellent food. Excellent service. Does not accommodate a group of more than 4 very well though; no large tables. A little noisy due to hard walls and floor and industrial style ceiling. Will be frequent diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Although the special was a bit under seasoned, everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingJoeGoldberg1VIPDined on 8/7/2014If you saw this place in a strip mall, chances are you would pass it by....but you would end up missing and incredible meal! We will be back next time we see in Charleston for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Will NOT ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Our experience at Graze did not live up to the reviews. I was hosting a group of seven. The service started well and out waitress was attentive. Mixed drinks were good (we had Lemonhito). We started with a cauliflower and green apple soup and it was delicious. Most who had appetizers seemed pleased. Graze provides a gluten free menu which is a plus. The bad - Entrees were over spiced and several were overcooked and dry. Only one person at the table finished their entrée and one guest had to use restroom because the food was upsetting the stomach. One of the guests found a fly in the wine; the waitress was defensive and insisted it could not have been served that way and the manager never visited the table to apologize.
- Good experience againEdgarDined on 8/6/2014As has always been the case, Graze performs to a high standard for a casual restaurant. Attentive service, creative menu all made our party of 8 completely satisfied fulfilling a variety of tastes!Special Features:
- BrunchBigsexy1Dined on 8/3/2014Great brunch chicken and waffles were very good my wifes order had a mistake which was quickly fixed I think some one got hers and did not notice it was not what they ordered as a lot of tables were served at same timeSpecial Features:
- FantasticChoochooDined on 7/28/2014Our bill says our servers name was Georgia....She was FANTASTIC. We only had one day in Charleston to discover the city. We ended up at Graze. All I can say is your restaurant was exceptional only to be outdone by your server. She added to our delightfully evening and our stay in Charleston. She's a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Brunch was good....shrimp and grits was wonderful. ...I would say if you are hungry get more than the 1/2 sandwich/salad....I wish they had soup on the menu for lunch, but they don't...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graze is better than locationMHobsonDined on 7/26/2014We found Graze on Open Table, liked the look of the menu and decided to give it a try. We were quite disappointed to pull up to the address and find it in a strip mall. The space is small and when we walked in, we were right in the middle of the bar/hostess stand - no foyer or welcome area. I'm sure the tables in the bar area are at the mercy of the heat in the summer and the cold in the winter every time the doors open. Fortunately, after a bad first impression, it got better. The food was great, the wine list was small but had some real gems on it, and the service was efficient and friendly. If anything, the food was actually delivered too quickly. We were only two sips into our first glass of wine and entrees were already on the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDaiseyMaeDoraDined on 7/25/2014Chicken and waffles and the pulled pork with collard green Mac and cheese were amazing and they accommodated our needs and requests from open table! They also provided a printed copy of the gluten free menu to take home which I gave to my parent so they could go they next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mount Pleasant treasureWriteBoatDined on 7/19/2014With restaurants like Graze in Mount Pleasant, no one needs to go into Charleston for a great meal. EVERY Graze meal has been wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014Very nice and friendly place to have dinner. I had the beet salad and the crab cake entree; both were delicious. As my girlfriends and I awaited our starters, we could not help looking at every place that went by. Everything looked amazing. Highly recommend this place for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrazeScottVIPDined on 7/17/2014we were seated right away restaurant seemed full chicken livers appetizer - livers were cooked perfectly, still a little pink inside - the grits with them did not seem appropriate out of salmon entree at 7 pm so I chose the crab cake - was good but the "red" sauce on it seemed inappropriate server seemed inexperienced overall a good dinner 3.5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveatingoutluveatingoutDined on 7/16/2014The food was appealing in its presentation and taste. The service was friendly and adequate. The ambience, however, could be dramatically enhanced with some white table cloths for nighttime dining and some flowers or a candle on the table.Special Features:
- LillyparkeDined on 7/13/2014We went to Graze for a Birthday Brunch - although it was clearly my birthday and not one member of the staff made a comment on the occasion, the actual food was delicious. I ordered the Chicken and Waffles. Amazing! A friend of mine also ordered the same dish and said one of her waffles was cold. I had a couple bites of a friend's Cheeseburger and immediately called my boyfriend to tell him that we have another contender for best burger in Charleston. The poutine is also quite tasty. Those guests that ordered the French Toast were not nearly as happy as everyone else. Great spot!Special Features:
- Great waitressBethVIPDined on 7/10/2014Lindsay, aka peaches, was a very good server with a large group. Her attitude and menu suggestions made the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out-of-town Business Guests PleaserSandyBDined on 7/10/2014When out-of-town business guests suggested dinner in Charleston, I suggested we go to one of the best spots I know---just across the bridge in Mt. Pleasant. Seeing Graze in a shopping strip clearly had them a little nervous upon arrival, but I promised they would not be disappointed by the food, and they weren't! My four Utah business colleagues raved about their flounder, ravioli, and chicken and waffle dishes! In fact, Graze is on their "must do next time we come back to Charleston" list. Although everyone was totally full, one of my guests convinced us to share a dessert. The skilled chocolate chip cookie with ice cream was generous enough to give everyone a few tastes and was amazing. Thanks, Graze, for not disappointing!Special Features:
- Wonderful foodStrasbourg06Dined on 7/9/2014The menu provided too many options that looked great. We settled on splitting the goat cheese/beat salad, followed by duck confit ravioli and buffalo shrimp tacos. All the food was wonderful and I'll come back when I am back in townSpecial Features:
- nice surprisejackDined on 7/8/2014Never tried it. Heard nice things about it and decided to give it a try. Food was excellent and good size servings. We started with black bean soup. Had blackened salmon salad and I was to the chicken and waffles were good; it was. Leslie our waitress was attentive, not overbearing. Great job. It was modest inside but overall experience was a nice surprise.I would recommend this to a friend.