211 2nd Street South
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gratzzigrille.com/
- Phone: 7276239037
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM. Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tony Mangiafico
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Dominic 7276239037
A word from Gratzzi Grille
If you're craving classic Italian food in a classy environment, Gratzzi Italian Grille is the place to eat. Choose from your favorite sultry pasta, meat dishes, including chicken, seafood and veal among others. Gratzzi's menu offers an array of feasts to satisfy your Italian cravings, which also includes classic insalatas and paninis for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Gratzzi Grille - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Gratzzi Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (31)vibrant bar scene (22)romantic (20)good for groups (19)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (15)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always the bestgoodeatsVIPDined on 8/15/2014Gratzzi never lets me down. Their food is awesome, the service is great and the price is spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't get enoughgoodeatsVIPDined on 8/14/2014Gratzzi never lets me down. Their food is awesome, the service is great and the price is spot on.Special Features:
- NOT SO FASTCrisDined on 8/10/2014I had read a review on open table that talked about the service being so incredibly fast. Too fast for their liking. After reading that review I said to myself no way its that bad. Guess what. ITS THAT BAD! Let's just say for a minute the food is decent and maybe it is, but I certainly didn't get to enjoy it. I came in on a Sunday night at 9pm. Reasonable time for dinner. It's not like I snuck in at quarter to 10 and decided to have a full course meal. We were so rushed. Our server was literally running back and forth. Never offered us bread. Didn't read any specials. She rushed out orders and took our food before we were even done. Unfortunately the quality of the meal wasn't enough to overlook the worst service I've ever experienced.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014On vacation for a class. Googled for a good Italian restaurant to try and this one got good reviews so decided to try. You won't be disappointed. Food was awesome! It's pretty loud so not for a quiet romantic evening but that's ok:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time therelynnVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a party of seven on a saturday early. Place was packed so needed a reservation. Service was perfect and food hot correct and tasty. Lemon cello cake was the best. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Early Menu is GreatJackPatDined on 8/1/2014We came early this time and were rewarded with great food at very good prices. The early bird menu is exceptional. As usual we enjoyed the Italian fare and we will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful ambiencefsulilDined on 7/26/2014I have gone with a group of women several times. The staff is always gracious, doesn't mind separate checks, and treats us royally. I love the white tablecloths and real napkins. That is the sign of a fine restaurant. Don't forget the wonderful food, too. It it not pretentious, but has all the feeling of a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaisleyVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a new restaurant we have tried, and now have been 4 or 5 times because the food is great, they have a happy hour, and we thoroughly enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frenetic paced restaurantucfphdDined on 7/22/2014Gratzzi Grill was way too fast paced for its size and capacity. The staff was running around rushing the patrons thru their meals. Our waiter must have spent a total 4 minutes with us the entire night. He threw the drinks down on the table and ran on. When he brought our soup, he almost splashed it all over my date, but didn't even notice because he droped it and left for another table. Overall, the food was incredible but the atmosphere was much too loud and chaotic. This was on a week day. I'd hate to be there on the weekend. A few days later we went to another Italian restaurant by the Pier. There were twice as many people and half the service staff, but the service was much more friendly and the atmosphere was romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StoneyDined on 7/19/2014We were first-timers. Loved the food, service, and look of the restaurant. The only negative things I would have to say, are the noise level was pretty high (but what can you do?), and it was definitely too warm in the restaurant. I think ceiling fans in the smaller room would remedy that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014The food continues to be good at the restaurant. I felt a bit rushed to leave because they had a line of people waiting to get in and we had barely finished our meal when it was made clear that we should leave.Special Features:
- Can't get enoughgoodeatsVIPDined on 7/17/2014Took my Sister here earlier in the week and the rest of her family showed up later in the week. She raved about how good Gratzzi was so we went back again to cap of their vacation. Didn't have to twist my arm to go twice on one week!Special Features:
- One of the best places in Tampa BayLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/12/2014Delicious, beautifully presented food. Warm, welcoming staff. What else could you wish for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoritegoodeatsVIPDined on 7/12/2014Gratzzi's is by far the best downtown STP restaurant. I took my sister here who was visiting from out of town and she wants to go back one more time before she heads home! I highly recommend Gratzzi! Give it a try if you have not had an opportunity to go.Special Features:
- PerfectLouleeDined on 7/12/2014Our meal was perfect except for the noise. A few noise reducers would help. There were times I couldn't hear the person next to me. Great foodSpecial Features:
- Good italian food, noisy barburner926Dined on 7/10/2014Our first trip to St. Petersburg and were craving Italian food, and Gratzzi Grille fit the bill. Good Italian dish-based menu, and my wife had the special -- truffle-stuffed pasta purses with lobster sauce. I had the gnocchi Pugliese and we were both happy with our choices. We were seated at the windows, but near the bar. Although it was a Thursday night, and we realize it's a college town, it was still WAY too noisy and packed to have a quiet dinner where we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/9/2014Food was awesome. Service indifferent. There was an extended wait time for everything. The waiter largely ignored us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findbobbyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Had a Great Birthday dinner. Food was excellent and service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulAnnie13Dined on 7/3/2014A truly wonderful restaurant. The food, service and ambiance is excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous!dldbnzDined on 7/2/2014We went in and had the early bird 3 course meal for only $14...absolutely the best Mahi I have ever had! Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply DeliciousTexasGalDined on 6/28/2014Happened to be staying in the area and needed a nice quiet spot to have a birthday dinner. My friends asked me to find somewhere nice but low key & I certainly hit the jackpot at Gratzzi Grille. Even though we were a few minutes late for our reservation, the hostess was calm which put us at ease & we were seated immediately. Our waiter was very knowledgable of the menu and gave us all great suggestions. We enjoyed every course from chicken soup which was served hot and truly delicious, our main courses, and a lovely dessert which they presented my friend who was celebrating her birthday which was enough for my party of three to share. We dined several other restaurants over the weekend and none could compare.Special Features:
- reputation deservedflwomanDined on 6/25/2014Ask any Tampa Bay local where's a good place to eat 3 out 4 will tell you Gratzzi. After our first visit I know why. It's good. Really good. The food, the service, the atmosphere all good good good. If you're in downtown St. Pete and looking for upscale dining do not miss this place.Special Features:
- Not Great!GiffoDined on 6/23/2014Sat in a booth with two other diners. Very noisy dining room for a business dinner, will select another restaurant next time. Food was good but not great. Oyster special appetizer was great. Main course was average. Not sure what the signature dish is but it was not what we ate. Server, Alexis, is awesome. If I go back I'll ask to be seated in her section. She is a great ambassador for Gratzzi Grill. We had chicken parm and sackatini(sp), again it was good but not great. Unfortunately Gratzzi is not my first choice when picking Itilian restaurants.Special Features:
- Great meal before the ball gameJohnawcVIPDined on 6/23/2014We are normally late diners, but we had tickets to the Rays game and we decided to eat before the game. THe fix price menu ($14) was more than enough food and it was still up to the quality of Gratzzi's. This is a great option for an early dinner that we will take advantage of again.Special Features:
- Best in DTSPgoodeatsVIPDined on 6/19/2014My go to place for a great meal with awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Listen to the waiterJohnawcVIPDined on 6/18/2014This is our fourth trip to Gazzie. We have broken the code. Scan the menu for ideas and highlights, but listen to the waiter when he tells you the specials. We have found that the specials are so good that any plan with the menu is wasted. The specials are outstanding and large. Beware, if you order a special it is unlikely that you will want an appetizer.Special Features:
- treated us wellluv2dineDined on 6/14/2014We were seated right on time 5:30. When we realized that the" early bird" menu required that we all be seated by 5:30, our server was able to get us the selections from that menu! Tips probably had a real positive influence on our z attitude. The food was great, Italian, but an unusual spin on the traditional fare offerings. We will dine there again, with a5 o'clock. Reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Usual!JackPatDined on 6/12/2014We're back again to enjoy some great Italian epicurean delights. The food was great as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in DTSPgoodeatsVIPDined on 6/7/2014Gratzzi's never fails to amaze me food service and pricing they have it allSpecial Features:
- Bada Bing!!Kokanna123Dined on 6/6/2014We loved the Bada Bing!! My kids want to go over and over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Gratzzi!EdwardDined on 6/6/2014We went to Gratzzi [again] but this time to celebrate our daughter's birthday. What a wonderful restaurant with excellent service.Special Features:
- EyetalianDined on 5/31/2014Have eaten here a few times. It is crowded and noisy but the food is outstanding and the service is very good. The owner, Dominic, has his eyes everywhere and makes sure that his wait staff is on their toes. He makes his own limoncello, which is delicious. We had 2 complimentary glasses sent over for us to enjoy.Special Features:
- Favorite not on Beach DrBluesmanVIPDined on 5/25/2014Everything is perfection here. Great service, wonderfully fresh ingredients in creative recipes. Don't miss this one when you're in St. Petersburg. This was our 2nd trip to area and 2nd time at restaurant and nota disappointed either time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestgoodeatsVIPDined on 5/23/2014As always everything was top notch. Can't say enough about Gratzzi's they are the most consistent across the board on Quality of Food and Excellent Service.Special Features:
- The Place to gogoodeatsVIPDined on 5/3/2014Gratzzi's always serves it up top notch. They never miss a beat from the time you enter the door until the time you leave. They are on top of it - top quality food, top service and great price point.Special Features:
- a bit disappointedFoodie4funDined on 5/3/2014loved our first visit, but this time not as good- Both the alfredo and the spaghetti were very bland. the Caprese was still great but tomato could have been more ripe. We'll try a third time and hope it's a better experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find nothing wronghomesliceDined on 4/22/2014must try to enjoy the experiences, had the veal , my mom had spaghetti with large meat balls.Special Features:
- The following 194 reviews are from the Gratzzi Grille reviews archive.
- Perfectdanau11Dined on 4/16/2014Even though I read all the great reviews ahead of time, I was a bit skeptical about Grazzi. First of all I KNOW good Italian food having grown up in New York...and secondly, I'm rather hard to please. Grazzi surpassed all my expectations...great food...wonderful service and quite a nice ambiance. Best Italian food I've had in Tampa bay. ..and overall one of the best restaurants around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What else can one saynormDined on 4/16/2014Excellent visited from out of town attending a convention and this was the best choice in restaurants that week. All menu items were excellent...I only hope we have another opportunity to visit this wonderful city and back to Gratzzi again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unwelcome ChangesgeezerDined on 4/16/2014We have been regular diners for a number of years. We were especially enthusiastic about the early bird offerings. Our last visit was a tremendous disappointment-the price has gone up slightly but worst of all-the menu had changed. Too few options and poor one at that-our favorites are no longer on the menu. It feels as if the early bird is now a "come-on"- if there is nothing appetizing on the menu perhaps you will order from the regular menu. They still offer good wine values but with such a limited early bird menu I'm not sure I'll be back.