211 2nd Street South
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gratzzigrille.com/
- Phone: 7276239037
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM. Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tony Mangiafico
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Dominic 7276239037
A word from Gratzzi Grille
If you're craving classic Italian food in a classy environment, Gratzzi Italian Grille is the place to eat. Choose from your favorite sultry pasta, meat dishes, including chicken, seafood and veal among others. Gratzzi's menu offers an array of feasts to satisfy your Italian cravings, which also includes classic insalatas and paninis for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Gratzzi Grille - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Gratzzi Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (34)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (23)notable wine list (22)romantic (21)hot spot (16)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (12)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Bad Experiencefoodlover13Dined on 9/12/2014Ordered Veal Parmesan with red sauce on the side (aka fried veal). Waiter brought it to the table with red sauce and didnt even remember that it was ordered with sauce on the side (or he was playing dumb). We asked that the kitchen redo it as this was a stomach sensitivity issue. Order came back 10 minutes later with the same veal with the sauce poorly washed off. DISGUSTING!!! Waiter admitted it was the same entree previously served. Other 3 diners had mediocre food. The ribs that are supposedly the house special were dry and the salmon was fishy and not fresh. What a poor experience.
- Always Outstanding!!FoodieDined on 9/10/2014Several years ago on a yearly trip to St. Petersburg, we found Gratzzie because we were in a "veal" mood and our original restaurant choice did not serve veal. Finding Gratzzie was the best 2nd choice. The Veal Marsala and Veal Parmesan are the best we have ever had. We now plan to visit Gratzzie whenever we are in St. Petersburg or Tampa. Service has always been good. However, it has become so popular that reservations are a must. We recommend Gratzzie highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014This is my favorite place in St. Petersburg. Great atmosphere, food and service. Love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Too noisy. Too noisy, Too noisy. Too noisy. Too noisy.Special Features:
- BOBBYDined on 8/31/2014I was in St.Pete back in March of 2013 and when I returned the first thing I did was go on line to make a reservation and I was glad I did. My meal was as good the second time as it was the first. One thing for sure the next time I'm in St. Pete I will eat at Grattzi. The staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service - Walked Out Hungry!KevlanmDined on 8/31/2014We arrived on Sunday at 5:30p for a pre-show dinner and were seated immediately. Our server stopped by right away and told us about their specials, which sounded great. We ordered drinks and when we didn't get them after 15 minutes we realized he was also working a room with a private party. When he brought our drinks the glasses weren't even half full. We ordered an appetizer and then waited. After almost 40 minutes with no visit and no appetizer and not even some bread - which everyone around us had gotten from their servers - we told him we were going to leave because he was obviously too busy. He said "ok" and we got up and left. What a disappointment! Had to rate the food even though we didn't have a bite of anything.
- GreatDined on 8/26/2014Not as good as the original but worth going to.staff needs to be more professionalSpecial Features:
- A Slice of Italy in St. PetersburgIlivetoeatDined on 8/25/2014Every aspect of this restaurant was delightful. It was an easy walk from the Renaissance Savoy and other establishments on the waterfront. We opted for the "side" room as the dining room with the bar was quite noisy. Our waitress was very attentive and helpful. The menu offers great diversity. Best of all, the food was outstanding. Three of us shared all dishes and our waitress accommodated that very nicely. It was Monday night, so bottles of wine were half price. Since it was my husband's birthday, he received a complimentary tiramisu and we all received complimentary Limoncello--the best we'd had since Italy! We'll definitely return on our next trip to St. Petersburg.Special Features:
- Hurray for Gratzzi'sgoodeatsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great meal great service - This is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan NY Diner in St Pete FLNYCDINERVIPDined on 8/20/2014Flew in from NYC for business. This restaurant was rated well and I was not disappointed. Great service, good food and reasonable prices..what more can I say!Special Features:
- Uh oh......ScottVIPDined on 8/18/2014Grattzi fans in a big way. last visit may signal a serious decline in oversight and execution. Seated near our reservation time. Nothing for 20 mins. Wife followed with host. Rude, glib and condescending response. Wait for your waiter! I followed with host explaining decorum. Waiter shows. Says pro ball player causing distraction. Who cares? We order a nice bottle. 20 minutes until our glib and disinterested server shows. 25 minutes for food. Specialty salad not delivered. Entrees come. Saved the evening. Food very good. After 20 more minutes I had to go pull waiter from bar to get check. Says he is taking specialty salad off Bill due to delays. Surprised when I point out we didn't get. Offers plonk bottle. Really? We will be back...once.
- ExceptionalcrashdadDined on 8/17/2014From the minute we walked in we were treated like family. The service was exceptional and at times was as entertaining as a comedy show. The food was amazing. Their homemade mozzarella was as creamy and smooth as silk. The chicken marsala was delicious. But nothing prepared us for the experience of the Bada Bing. So many layers of flavor going on in a dish that is Flambeaued tableside. An amazing meal finished with homemade lemoncello and a wonderful tiramisu. We will definitely be returning to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinnerOinkoink1Dined on 8/17/2014After a Rays game we walked to this restaurant from our hotel. Everything was delicious! A very nice dinner!Special Features:
- Always the bestgoodeatsVIPDined on 8/15/2014Gratzzi never lets me down. Their food is awesome, the service is great and the price is spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't get enoughgoodeatsVIPDined on 8/14/2014Gratzzi never lets me down. Their food is awesome, the service is great and the price is spot on.Special Features:
- NOT SO FASTCrisDined on 8/10/2014I had read a review on open table that talked about the service being so incredibly fast. Too fast for their liking. After reading that review I said to myself no way its that bad. Guess what. ITS THAT BAD! Let's just say for a minute the food is decent and maybe it is, but I certainly didn't get to enjoy it. I came in on a Sunday night at 9pm. Reasonable time for dinner. It's not like I snuck in at quarter to 10 and decided to have a full course meal. We were so rushed. Our server was literally running back and forth. Never offered us bread. Didn't read any specials. She rushed out orders and took our food before we were even done. Unfortunately the quality of the meal wasn't enough to overlook the worst service I've ever experienced.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014On vacation for a class. Googled for a good Italian restaurant to try and this one got good reviews so decided to try. You won't be disappointed. Food was awesome! It's pretty loud so not for a quiet romantic evening but that's ok:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time therelynnVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a party of seven on a saturday early. Place was packed so needed a reservation. Service was perfect and food hot correct and tasty. Lemon cello cake was the best. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Early Menu is GreatJackPatDined on 8/1/2014We came early this time and were rewarded with great food at very good prices. The early bird menu is exceptional. As usual we enjoyed the Italian fare and we will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful ambiencefsulilDined on 7/26/2014I have gone with a group of women several times. The staff is always gracious, doesn't mind separate checks, and treats us royally. I love the white tablecloths and real napkins. That is the sign of a fine restaurant. Don't forget the wonderful food, too. It it not pretentious, but has all the feeling of a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaisleyVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a new restaurant we have tried, and now have been 4 or 5 times because the food is great, they have a happy hour, and we thoroughly enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frenetic paced restaurantucfphdDined on 7/22/2014Gratzzi Grill was way too fast paced for its size and capacity. The staff was running around rushing the patrons thru their meals. Our waiter must have spent a total 4 minutes with us the entire night. He threw the drinks down on the table and ran on. When he brought our soup, he almost splashed it all over my date, but didn't even notice because he droped it and left for another table. Overall, the food was incredible but the atmosphere was much too loud and chaotic. This was on a week day. I'd hate to be there on the weekend. A few days later we went to another Italian restaurant by the Pier. There were twice as many people and half the service staff, but the service was much more friendly and the atmosphere was romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StoneyDined on 7/19/2014We were first-timers. Loved the food, service, and look of the restaurant. The only negative things I would have to say, are the noise level was pretty high (but what can you do?), and it was definitely too warm in the restaurant. I think ceiling fans in the smaller room would remedy that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014The food continues to be good at the restaurant. I felt a bit rushed to leave because they had a line of people waiting to get in and we had barely finished our meal when it was made clear that we should leave.Special Features:
- Can't get enoughgoodeatsVIPDined on 7/17/2014Took my Sister here earlier in the week and the rest of her family showed up later in the week. She raved about how good Gratzzi was so we went back again to cap of their vacation. Didn't have to twist my arm to go twice on one week!Special Features:
- One of the best places in Tampa BayLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/12/2014Delicious, beautifully presented food. Warm, welcoming staff. What else could you wish for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoritegoodeatsVIPDined on 7/12/2014Gratzzi's is by far the best downtown STP restaurant. I took my sister here who was visiting from out of town and she wants to go back one more time before she heads home! I highly recommend Gratzzi! Give it a try if you have not had an opportunity to go.Special Features:
- PerfectLouleeDined on 7/12/2014Our meal was perfect except for the noise. A few noise reducers would help. There were times I couldn't hear the person next to me. Great foodSpecial Features:
- Good italian food, noisy barburner926Dined on 7/10/2014Our first trip to St. Petersburg and were craving Italian food, and Gratzzi Grille fit the bill. Good Italian dish-based menu, and my wife had the special -- truffle-stuffed pasta purses with lobster sauce. I had the gnocchi Pugliese and we were both happy with our choices. We were seated at the windows, but near the bar. Although it was a Thursday night, and we realize it's a college town, it was still WAY too noisy and packed to have a quiet dinner where we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/9/2014Food was awesome. Service indifferent. There was an extended wait time for everything. The waiter largely ignored us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findbobbyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Had a Great Birthday dinner. Food was excellent and service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulAnnie13Dined on 7/3/2014A truly wonderful restaurant. The food, service and ambiance is excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous!dldbnzDined on 7/2/2014We went in and had the early bird 3 course meal for only $14...absolutely the best Mahi I have ever had! Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply DeliciousTexasGalDined on 6/28/2014Happened to be staying in the area and needed a nice quiet spot to have a birthday dinner. My friends asked me to find somewhere nice but low key & I certainly hit the jackpot at Gratzzi Grille. Even though we were a few minutes late for our reservation, the hostess was calm which put us at ease & we were seated immediately. Our waiter was very knowledgable of the menu and gave us all great suggestions. We enjoyed every course from chicken soup which was served hot and truly delicious, our main courses, and a lovely dessert which they presented my friend who was celebrating her birthday which was enough for my party of three to share. We dined several other restaurants over the weekend and none could compare.Special Features:
- reputation deservedflwomanDined on 6/25/2014Ask any Tampa Bay local where's a good place to eat 3 out 4 will tell you Gratzzi. After our first visit I know why. It's good. Really good. The food, the service, the atmosphere all good good good. If you're in downtown St. Pete and looking for upscale dining do not miss this place.Special Features:
- Not Great!GiffoDined on 6/23/2014Sat in a booth with two other diners. Very noisy dining room for a business dinner, will select another restaurant next time. Food was good but not great. Oyster special appetizer was great. Main course was average. Not sure what the signature dish is but it was not what we ate. Server, Alexis, is awesome. If I go back I'll ask to be seated in her section. She is a great ambassador for Gratzzi Grill. We had chicken parm and sackatini(sp), again it was good but not great. Unfortunately Gratzzi is not my first choice when picking Itilian restaurants.Special Features:
- Great meal before the ball gameJohnawcVIPDined on 6/23/2014We are normally late diners, but we had tickets to the Rays game and we decided to eat before the game. THe fix price menu ($14) was more than enough food and it was still up to the quality of Gratzzi's. This is a great option for an early dinner that we will take advantage of again.Special Features:
- Best in DTSPgoodeatsVIPDined on 6/19/2014My go to place for a great meal with awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Listen to the waiterJohnawcVIPDined on 6/18/2014This is our fourth trip to Gazzie. We have broken the code. Scan the menu for ideas and highlights, but listen to the waiter when he tells you the specials. We have found that the specials are so good that any plan with the menu is wasted. The specials are outstanding and large. Beware, if you order a special it is unlikely that you will want an appetizer.Special Features:
- treated us wellluv2dineDined on 6/14/2014We were seated right on time 5:30. When we realized that the" early bird" menu required that we all be seated by 5:30, our server was able to get us the selections from that menu! Tips probably had a real positive influence on our z attitude. The food was great, Italian, but an unusual spin on the traditional fare offerings. We will dine there again, with a5 o'clock. Reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.