Gratzi - Ann Arbor
326 S. Main
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Gratzi - Ann Arbor
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gratzirestaurant.com/
- Phone: (734) 663-6387
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gratzi - Ann Arbor
Gratzi, a restored historical theater, serves upscale authentic Urban Italian cuisine.The ceiling boasts a Renaissance style mural and balcony seating. click here for special events and promotions information http://www.gratzirestaurant.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Gratzi - Ann Arbor - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Gratzi - Ann Arbor reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)fit for foodies (102)romantic (88)notable wine list (66)good for groups (60)neighborhood gem (57)great for outdoor dining (42)hot spot (25)great for lunch (24)scenic view (15)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always a great choice in Ann arborbobkVIPDined on 11/20/2014Grazi never disappoints. Outstanding choices with matching service. Friendly and helpful staff. With so many choices inann arbor, grazi always is my first choice. Our dishes were excellent. A very enjoyable evening. Will continue to return to grazi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and quick serviceyannDined on 11/15/2014Even if we booked a table for 6pm, we had to wait up to 15min before our table was ready. Meanwhile the service then was adequate and the food very good so that we just forgot about the delay...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummommaDined on 11/12/2014Took a client here for dinner - downtown Ann Arbor has a lot of available options and I wanted something that was not available in other towns. Gratzi was perfect. It's housed in an old theatre - which creates architectual interest. But the food - oh the food! So so good! And the wine...if you like calamari - you should get it! So tasty - flash fried, no rubberbands, just delish. I had the filet - melt in your mouth - served with a house marinated portobello mushroom, goat cheese and a tomato slice. Seriously good eats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RVAdinerVIPDined on 11/9/2014We love this restaurant. The food and service are consistently superb.Special Features:
- Great food, personable servicemutantDined on 11/7/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary here for many years now. Our waiter (Trek) had recommendations that were perfect, the food was well-presented and tasted great. We had a grand time (as usual).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible dining experience!sam01mDined on 11/7/2014Our waiter was the most accommodating, he even came outside when we went to smoke to give us a one-minute warning, then again to hold the door for us when it was ready. He single-handedly made the experience over-the-top with the best service ever, and the food was the absolute best quality, right down to the infamous "perfect cup of coffee" my girlfriend even drank it black because she said she didn't want to ruin it, and she's a lattes drinker, ha haSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Ann Arbor sure thingOldMissionDined on 11/6/2014Grazti has been an A2 institution for decades. It is because it delivers every time you go there for a meal. Delicious food with attentive service. There are other reasons to go out for a meal, but those 2 are essentials that Gratzi has always delivered every time for me.Special Features:
- Gratzi delivers!MaureenDined on 11/4/2014We celebrated my daughter's birthday here and couldn't have chosen a better place. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jrh98Dined on 11/1/2014Food was excellent. Service outstanding. A superb dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite3girlsDined on 11/1/2014We visit Ann Arbor at least twice a year and we always find time to eat at Gratzi. The food, ambiance and service are just great. It's truly one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More2DoDined on 11/1/2014Very good food. Wine was a little pricey, but food was fairly priced for lunch. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- WeRFoodiesDined on 10/31/2014Hadn't been to this Mainstreet Venture for a special occasion for years but was glad we returned. The chicken marsala with mashed potatoes ...one of their first signature dishes....was great!Special Features:
- Good choice for dinner!brightonDined on 10/30/20141st time visiting. Enjoyed the night. Will return! Good service, food, experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak entreeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014be ready for a large steak of Choice quality and be sure to ask about the temperature in color. medium rare request arrived with no redness.Special Features:
- very good!cheryDined on 10/26/2014We had a very, very good dinner, a special occasion, celebrating birthdays in our family. Our waiter was excellent, only thing was he had to be reminded we wanted coffee, but he had gotten quite busy with other tables by then. Our only complaint was when tables were being prepared for other groups coming in, the staff moving the chairs around was so loud we could hardly hear each other! I would suggest that instead of dragging them across the floor they pick them up so that the noise from the chairs wouldn't be so loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fave Birthday Restaurantezchoice4gr8fareDined on 10/19/2014Outstanding cousine, great service and wonderful atmosphere. My families 1st choice for birthday and anniversary celebrations. With twins celebrating their 'sweet 16', it was truly affordable. With appreciation to 'Mainstreet Ventures'!Special Features:
- Lovely birthday dinnerOnslowDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I had dinner at Gratzi's to celebrate his birthday. They graciously provided a beautiful free dessert in his honor. The servers were polite, prompt, unobtrusive, and efficient. The food was amazing. I had the filette, and wanted to finish everything on the plate from the beef to the asparagus, as it was all perfectly cooked and delicious. A wonderful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant everdevine14expDined on 10/18/2014Unbelievable experience in every way. The restaurant was full and yet we enjoyed a quiet romantic evening and the service and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a so-so mealaanativeDined on 10/18/2014I would not choose to go to Gratzi's again except for the roasted olive appetizer, which was truly excellent. Being a lactose-intolerant vegetarian, I have a very hard time finding interesting items on this menu. My husband and my best friend, however, did enjoy their entrees, especially the chicken marsala. We had a personable and responsive waiter and enjoyed the ambiance, mostly. I wish that Gratzi's would incorporate some simple Italian dishes into their menu like cannellini beans with rosemary or sauteed greens. The broccolini I ordered was excellent, but the portabella mushroom and the soup of the day were truly lackluster and were not worth what we paid for them.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.RameeheeDined on 10/17/2014We like to go out to eat and try different restaurants. We decided on Gratzi and were satisfied. The waiter was very attentive and kept re-filling every couple of minutes on our drinks. The food was excellent and I would definitely go back. We enjoyed the cigar bar downstairs in Dolce Vita and were excited to know that they had one, in our own little city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014Outstanding food and service the booth where we sat was great for our special occasion!Special Features:
- Perfect for special occasionsA2QuilterDined on 10/14/2014This is our birthday celebration destination. Quiet, great service, and the food is amazing. Very helpful waitstaff will guide a vegetarian to the best dishes for them. Overall, a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Gratzi is GreatPeacefulFoodDined on 10/14/2014Food was wonderful. Geoffrey was an attentive, kind, and knowledgeable waiter. He helped to make the evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!JustinVIPDined on 10/11/2014Everything was delicious, from Zingerman's bread (combined with olive oil and parmesan) to the chicken+pasta to the Arnold Palmer. What I appreciated the most was the staff's willingness to cater to our every request. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- you can go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014loved Gratzi when i lived there but hadnt been over 20 years as i moved away.was fabulous after all these yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 Gratzi2kgougherVIPDined on 10/9/2014A must spot on a visit to Ann Arbor. The cheese platter served as both starter and desert. Excellent service. Enjoyed the swordfish grilled special and the chicken marsala.Special Features:
- Solid venueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014I've dined in many places in Ann Arbor and love trying new places. While Gratzi is not the most unique, mind blowing experience, the food and service has never let me down. Eman, Tom and Andy have always been fantastic hosts. Our most recent visit was for my boyfriends birthday our group of 6 was very happy with the experience. The "team service" approach is really nice and kept a continual flow to our meal. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A difference in seating?2sonicharmonyDined on 10/5/2014I have a hearing issue and the noise level at main level front window area was high, making conversation difficult. Next time I'll ask to be seated at a location where the level of noise is typically lower. Otherwise all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pastaNorthernFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014We loved the homemade pasta here and the emphasis on fresh ingredients and making everything in house. Service was attentive and food came out quickly give how busy they were on a Saturday night. Fresh Zingerman's bread also appreciated. Although the pasta entries were not inexpensive the portions were good sized. We have always had good food here fit for foodies. Anyone who loves great homemade pasta and inventive cooking including lots of high end fish and veal or lamb on the menu will enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everChazEVIPDined on 10/2/2014Five for dinner and everyone was happy with their food and service. It had been a few months since I was there and I think they have elevated their food. The veal chop was excellent as were the scallops on angel-hair pasta. Presentation was excellent. It may be a bit quieter toward the front of the restaurant; the noise level in the front window was very comfortable for talking even at a round table for 6, but it was not a real busy night. Fun to have a live violinist upstairs.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014I cannot wait to go back. The atmosphere was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceJaebeeDined on 9/28/2014I've always enjoyed Gratzi and had a good experience. However, on this recent visit, the service was not great. The waiter was really slow and kept forgetting things. He didn't offer us dessert so we paid the bill and found dessert somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special night outJen19Dined on 9/27/2014We went here for our anniversary and had a great dinner. The food was great and they had an extensive wine list. They also have a nice outdoor seating section if a person wants to feel a little more casual. The inside servers are dressed up, the outdoor servers are wearing t-shirts.Special Features:
- WAITER WAS GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Waiter was great. Eric Welker. Wine was very good. Food was very good but a bit overpriced.Special Features:
- What a great find!grendelVIPDined on 9/21/2014Oh my! Gratzi is now our favorite restaurant in Ann Arbor! The roasted vegetables, the spinach salad with pistachios, the chicken Marsala. And my husband's swordfishwas impeccable, and Bill is not a big seafood aficionado. Gratzi is magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Food was outstanding, as was our service. We had a great time and will come back.Special Features:
- Old World AmbianceFashionista365VIPDined on 9/19/2014Loved the decor and the history of the space. Went for lunch, as the menu for dinner was too trendy and eclectic, and we're from NY. Glad we were able to experience the charm of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food !OnZroadDined on 9/18/2014The food was great and well prepared but the service was amazingly slow with us having to hunt down our waiter several times. I still highly recommend the restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!JessieDined on 9/17/2014Our service was great, the food was excellent and we had a wonderful time. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinning experienceChrisDined on 9/16/2014We went there to celebrate my wife's birthday. Good wine, very good food, complementary dessert and good discount on the check. My wife was happy so do I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.