Gratzi - Ann Arbor
326 S. Main
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Gratzi - Ann Arbor
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gratzirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7346636387
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gratzi - Ann Arbor
Gratzi, a restored historical theater, serves upscale authentic Urban Italian cuisine.The ceiling boasts a Renaissance style mural and balcony seating. click here for special events and promotions information http://www.gratzirestaurant.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Gratzi - Ann Arbor - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Gratzi - Ann Arbor reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)romantic (92)fit for foodies (89)notable wine list (60)neighborhood gem (53)good for groups (49)great for outdoor dining (48)great for lunch (23)hot spot (20)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fave Birthday Restaurantezchoice4gr8fareDined on 10/19/2014Outstanding cousine, great service and wonderful atmosphere. My families 1st choice for birthday and anniversary celebrations. With twins celebrating their 'sweet 16', it was truly affordable. With appreciation to 'Mainstreet Ventures'!Special Features:
- Best restaurant everdevine14expDined on 10/18/2014Unbelievable experience in every way. The restaurant was full and yet we enjoyed a quiet romantic evening and the service and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a so-so mealaanativeDined on 10/18/2014I would not choose to go to Gratzi's again except for the roasted olive appetizer, which was truly excellent. Being a lactose-intolerant vegetarian, I have a very hard time finding interesting items on this menu. My husband and my best friend, however, did enjoy their entrees, especially the chicken marsala. We had a personable and responsive waiter and enjoyed the ambiance, mostly. I wish that Gratzi's would incorporate some simple Italian dishes into their menu like cannellini beans with rosemary or sauteed greens. The broccolini I ordered was excellent, but the portabella mushroom and the soup of the day were truly lackluster and were not worth what we paid for them.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.RameeheeDined on 10/17/2014We like to go out to eat and try different restaurants. We decided on Gratzi and were satisfied. The waiter was very attentive and kept re-filling every couple of minutes on our drinks. The food was excellent and I would definitely go back. We enjoyed the cigar bar downstairs in Dolce Vita and were excited to know that they had one, in our own little city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014Outstanding food and service the booth where we sat was great for our special occasion!Special Features:
- Perfect for special occasionsA2QuilterDined on 10/14/2014This is our birthday celebration destination. Quiet, great service, and the food is amazing. Very helpful waitstaff will guide a vegetarian to the best dishes for them. Overall, a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Gratzi is GreatPeacefulFoodDined on 10/14/2014Food was wonderful. Geoffrey was an attentive, kind, and knowledgeable waiter. He helped to make the evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!JustinVIPDined on 10/11/2014Everything was delicious, from Zingerman's bread (combined with olive oil and parmesan) to the chicken+pasta to the Arnold Palmer. What I appreciated the most was the staff's willingness to cater to our every request. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- you can go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014loved Gratzi when i lived there but hadnt been over 20 years as i moved away.was fabulous after all these yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 Gratzi2kgougherVIPDined on 10/9/2014A must spot on a visit to Ann Arbor. The cheese platter served as both starter and desert. Excellent service. Enjoyed the swordfish grilled special and the chicken marsala.Special Features:
- Solid venueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014I've dined in many places in Ann Arbor and love trying new places. While Gratzi is not the most unique, mind blowing experience, the food and service has never let me down. Eman, Tom and Andy have always been fantastic hosts. Our most recent visit was for my boyfriends birthday our group of 6 was very happy with the experience. The "team service" approach is really nice and kept a continual flow to our meal. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A difference in seating?2sonicharmonyDined on 10/5/2014I have a hearing issue and the noise level at main level front window area was high, making conversation difficult. Next time I'll ask to be seated at a location where the level of noise is typically lower. Otherwise all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pastaNorthernFoodieDined on 10/4/2014We loved the homemade pasta here and the emphasis on fresh ingredients and making everything in house. Service was attentive and food came out quickly give how busy they were on a Saturday night. Fresh Zingerman's bread also appreciated. Although the pasta entries were not inexpensive the portions were good sized. We have always had good food here fit for foodies. Anyone who loves great homemade pasta and inventive cooking including lots of high end fish and veal or lamb on the menu will enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everChazEVIPDined on 10/2/2014Five for dinner and everyone was happy with their food and service. It had been a few months since I was there and I think they have elevated their food. The veal chop was excellent as were the scallops on angel-hair pasta. Presentation was excellent. It may be a bit quieter toward the front of the restaurant; the noise level in the front window was very comfortable for talking even at a round table for 6, but it was not a real busy night. Fun to have a live violinist upstairs.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014I cannot wait to go back. The atmosphere was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceJaebeeDined on 9/28/2014I've always enjoyed Gratzi and had a good experience. However, on this recent visit, the service was not great. The waiter was really slow and kept forgetting things. He didn't offer us dessert so we paid the bill and found dessert somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special night outJen19Dined on 9/27/2014We went here for our anniversary and had a great dinner. The food was great and they had an extensive wine list. They also have a nice outdoor seating section if a person wants to feel a little more casual. The inside servers are dressed up, the outdoor servers are wearing t-shirts.Special Features:
- WAITER WAS GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Waiter was great. Eric Welker. Wine was very good. Food was very good but a bit overpriced.Special Features:
- What a great find!grendelVIPDined on 9/21/2014Oh my! Gratzi is now our favorite restaurant in Ann Arbor! The roasted vegetables, the spinach salad with pistachios, the chicken Marsala. And my husband's swordfishwas impeccable, and Bill is not a big seafood aficionado. Gratzi is magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Food was outstanding, as was our service. We had a great time and will come back.Special Features:
- Old World AmbianceFashionista365VIPDined on 9/19/2014Loved the decor and the history of the space. Went for lunch, as the menu for dinner was too trendy and eclectic, and we're from NY. Glad we were able to experience the charm of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food !OnZroadDined on 9/18/2014The food was great and well prepared but the service was amazingly slow with us having to hunt down our waiter several times. I still highly recommend the restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!JessieDined on 9/17/2014Our service was great, the food was excellent and we had a wonderful time. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinning experienceChrisDined on 9/16/2014We went there to celebrate my wife's birthday. Good wine, very good food, complementary dessert and good discount on the check. My wife was happy so do I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, expected betterYumInAADined on 9/12/2014We went to celebrate my wife's birthday, and it was a perfect location. Great ambiance and noise level for a date. The birthday deal was also great; however, what wasn't great was the food. I didn't feel like it was anything particularly special on either of our plates; my wife compared the chicken in her pasta to 'chicken from a can'. The food was not bad (and was certainly edible) but I had higher expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Good RestaurantsandcVIPDined on 9/10/2014We dined on a Thursday night, not the busiest, but the service was great. Our server was attentive, the other staff were pleasant, and each person at the table enjoyed their entrees. The generous portion of seared tuna was seared correctly and not overdone, the white balsamic sauce was complimentary and not overpowering. The wine list had a nice variety and wine could be ordered in smaller pours in consideration of those who might be driving. The dining area was comfortable, not crowded, and tastefully decorated. I regularly visit Ann Arbor for business and this is one of the better restaurants that I have dined at. I look forward to dining here again in the future!
- a perfect birthdayengineerDined on 9/9/2014Loved the food and atmosphere. Did I say how much I loved the food. Everything was excellent and my picky wife agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDebraDined on 9/6/2014It is always consistent with great food, wine and service. An Ann Arbor stable placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian cuisinebbsunDined on 9/1/2014We tried it based on other open table reviews. We found the food and service to be excellent and the portions were large. Kids can dine here as the pizzas are great and priced reasonably. The service was excellent and the ambience is cool as it was once a theatre but now modern with tablet menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent service, excellent food, lovely view of downtown Ann Arbor/ Main street. One of our new favorites spots in Ann Arbor, when we go to visit our children at University of Michigan. Would recommend it to everyone-Special Features:
- Gratzi is better than everOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful dinner at Gratzi in every way--food was outstanding with many choices, service was excellent--attentive and just quick enough so that we had no long waits between courses--and noise level was fine. None of the four of us could remember having such a 100% positive experience here. We are looking forward to another visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time after UofM Football GameFoxyDined on 8/30/2014We had some friends of ours in from California for the opening game at UofM................Michigan vs. Appalachian State 52:14 was the final score which made dinner afterward even better. The hors d'oeuvres were great, the meal was terrific and Taylor, our waitress was the best ever. All-in-all a great meal and a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the experience it should be.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Service was very bad. Multiple requests for simple things. Server was not often available. Appeared to delegate to others, but without good communication. Multiple times someone came to our table with something meant for another table.
- Ahh, RedemptionoutnaboutDined on 8/28/2014Last year, my family had a pretty awful experience at Gratzi, largely as a result of a horrible table and a totally inept server. We let the owner know and he invited us back with a promise to make it up to us. This visit represented a 180-degree turnaround. Our server this time around was a consummate pro. He knew how to provide exceptional service without being cloying or intrusive. The food was expertly prepared, precisely per our requests. If this experience was more typical of Gratzi on an average night, I'd have no problem recommending the restaurant to anyone looking for a high caliber dining experience in Ann Arbor. They should get rid of the "tablet" menus, though. Paper menus are much easier to navigate and never lose power.Special Features:
- Loved itLucy1Dined on 8/28/2014We go to this special restaurant because of the outstanding service and food, what more do you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and ConsistentDavidVIPDined on 8/26/2014Gratzi has been a mainstay in Ann Arbor for many years. It is always consistent with excellent food and professional service. Having gone there several times over the years, it is a good place for dining with family and friends.Special Features:
- Gratzi always deliversbilln64Dined on 8/25/2014This was probably our seventh or eighth time at Gratzi and it was awesome. The calamari was spectacular. Our wines were excellent and affordable. Our party of four had scallops, salmon, lamb and pasta and everyone was pleased with their choice. The pistachio pesto asparagus was a fantastic choice for a side dish. Since we were celebrating a birthday, we received the Main Street Ventures birthday discount and a free dessert which we all shared. Just a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Chris41Dined on 8/25/2014Gratzi's in Ann Arbor is one of my favorite restaurants. The calamari appetizer is the best I've ever had anywhere. The food is always deliciously consistent. We enjoyed our dinner very much. The only complaint I have is that our waiter was rather stuffy, arrogant and impersonal. He provided good service but wasn't friendly by any stretch of the imagination. I had the impression that he was tolerating us despite the fact that we were not difficult people to serve or please. On previous occassions, our servers have been very pleasant and friendly.Special Features:
- Great food but expensivealibabaDined on 8/25/2014The location is great, right in the middle of the busy Ann Arbor, MI scene. We were dropping our student off at Univ of Michigan and wanted a nice Italian meal before we left. Be prepared it is pricey .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!!ChellhallDined on 8/23/2014Had a wonderful time at Gratzi's. Our waitress, Molly, was very knowledgeable. We followed her recommendations and was not disappointed. Would definitely go back whenever we are in Ann Arbor!!!Special Features: