Gratzi - Ann Arbor
326 S. Main
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Gratzi - Ann Arbor
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gratzirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7346636387
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gratzi - Ann Arbor
Gratzi, a restored historical theater, serves upscale authentic Urban Italian cuisine.The ceiling boasts a Renaissance style mural and balcony seating. click here for special events and promotions information http://www.gratzirestaurant.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Gratzi - Ann Arbor - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Gratzi - Ann Arbor reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)romantic (97)fit for foodies (84)great for outdoor dining (60)notable wine list (56)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (27)scenic view (19)hot spot (14)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Decent food, expected betterYumInAADined on 9/12/2014We went to celebrate my wife's birthday, and it was a perfect location. Great ambiance and noise level for a date. The birthday deal was also great; however, what wasn't great was the food. I didn't feel like it was anything particularly special on either of our plates; my wife compared the chicken in her pasta to 'chicken from a can'. The food was not bad (and was certainly edible) but I had higher expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Good RestaurantsandcVIPDined on 9/10/2014We dined on a Thursday night, not the busiest, but the service was great. Our server was attentive, the other staff were pleasant, and each person at the table enjoyed their entrees. The generous portion of seared tuna was seared correctly and not overdone, the white balsamic sauce was complimentary and not overpowering. The wine list had a nice variety and wine could be ordered in smaller pours in consideration of those who might be driving. The dining area was comfortable, not crowded, and tastefully decorated. I regularly visit Ann Arbor for business and this is one of the better restaurants that I have dined at. I look forward to dining here again in the future!
- a perfect birthdayengineerDined on 9/9/2014Loved the food and atmosphere. Did I say how much I loved the food. Everything was excellent and my picky wife agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDebraDined on 9/6/2014It is always consistent with great food, wine and service. An Ann Arbor stable placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian cuisinebbsunDined on 9/1/2014We tried it based on other open table reviews. We found the food and service to be excellent and the portions were large. Kids can dine here as the pizzas are great and priced reasonably. The service was excellent and the ambience is cool as it was once a theatre but now modern with tablet menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent service, excellent food, lovely view of downtown Ann Arbor/ Main street. One of our new favorites spots in Ann Arbor, when we go to visit our children at University of Michigan. Would recommend it to everyone-Special Features:
- Gratzi is better than everOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful dinner at Gratzi in every way--food was outstanding with many choices, service was excellent--attentive and just quick enough so that we had no long waits between courses--and noise level was fine. None of the four of us could remember having such a 100% positive experience here. We are looking forward to another visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time after UofM Football GameFoxyDined on 8/30/2014We had some friends of ours in from California for the opening game at UofM................Michigan vs. Appalachian State 52:14 was the final score which made dinner afterward even better. The hors d'oeuvres were great, the meal was terrific and Taylor, our waitress was the best ever. All-in-all a great meal and a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the experience it should be.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Service was very bad. Multiple requests for simple things. Server was not often available. Appeared to delegate to others, but without good communication. Multiple times someone came to our table with something meant for another table.
- Ahh, RedemptionoutnaboutDined on 8/28/2014Last year, my family had a pretty awful experience at Gratzi, largely as a result of a horrible table and a totally inept server. We let the owner know and he invited us back with a promise to make it up to us. This visit represented a 180-degree turnaround. Our server this time around was a consummate pro. He knew how to provide exceptional service without being cloying or intrusive. The food was expertly prepared, precisely per our requests. If this experience was more typical of Gratzi on an average night, I'd have no problem recommending the restaurant to anyone looking for a high caliber dining experience in Ann Arbor. They should get rid of the "tablet" menus, though. Paper menus are much easier to navigate and never lose power.Special Features:
- Loved itLucy1Dined on 8/28/2014We go to this special restaurant because of the outstanding service and food, what more do you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and ConsistentDavidVIPDined on 8/26/2014Gratzi has been a mainstay in Ann Arbor for many years. It is always consistent with excellent food and professional service. Having gone there several times over the years, it is a good place for dining with family and friends.Special Features:
- Gratzi always deliversbilln64Dined on 8/25/2014This was probably our seventh or eighth time at Gratzi and it was awesome. The calamari was spectacular. Our wines were excellent and affordable. Our party of four had scallops, salmon, lamb and pasta and everyone was pleased with their choice. The pistachio pesto asparagus was a fantastic choice for a side dish. Since we were celebrating a birthday, we received the Main Street Ventures birthday discount and a free dessert which we all shared. Just a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Chris41Dined on 8/25/2014Gratzi's in Ann Arbor is one of my favorite restaurants. The calamari appetizer is the best I've ever had anywhere. The food is always deliciously consistent. We enjoyed our dinner very much. The only complaint I have is that our waiter was rather stuffy, arrogant and impersonal. He provided good service but wasn't friendly by any stretch of the imagination. I had the impression that he was tolerating us despite the fact that we were not difficult people to serve or please. On previous occassions, our servers have been very pleasant and friendly.Special Features:
- Great food but expensivealibabaDined on 8/25/2014The location is great, right in the middle of the busy Ann Arbor, MI scene. We were dropping our student off at Univ of Michigan and wanted a nice Italian meal before we left. Be prepared it is pricey .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!!ChellhallDined on 8/23/2014Had a wonderful time at Gratzi's. Our waitress, Molly, was very knowledgeable. We followed her recommendations and was not disappointed. Would definitely go back whenever we are in Ann Arbor!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We were really impressed with the food at Gratzi. The misti appetizer was great as well as all the entres. Our server Tyler worked hard to make a connection with us, and to make suggestions.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceLaneDined on 8/23/2014Excellent dinner and stellar service. Gratzi's is always our Go to place when we are looking for a nice evening out and a memorable meal.Special Features:
- Delightful experienceChickieBDined on 8/16/2014We went here to celebrate our anniversary with friends. Very attentive service, and lovely ambiance. My main entree of grilled salmon was prepared perfectly, and the pesto and fingerling potatoes completed the dish. My husband commented that his swordfish was wonderful. Our friends remarked that their soup and entrees were delicious as well. We finished the meal with delightful creme brulee. We will definitely be return customers-as this has become one of our new Ann Arbor favorites.Special Features:
- ExcellentRobertVIPDined on 8/15/2014Over the last 25 years it has been consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady Italian in Ann ArborA2fanVIPDined on 8/14/2014Been a frequent visitor to Gratzi. As usual the food and service was very, very good (note: as a frequent traveler and food lover I rarely assign 5 stars). Gratzi provides the best Italian food experience in Ann Arbor and you'll pay more for that--though worth it if you want a special occasion. The wine list is solid. The anti-pasta tray is a highlight. All pasta dishes are flavorful, come out hot and served as more than reasonable portions. Veal and steak options have been excellent with very tender meat and prepared exactly as requested.Special Features:
- Gratzi - Ann Arborccc1991VIPDined on 8/14/2014If you want excellent food with great service and a wonderful atmosphere, Gratzi is your destination. My wife and I went for our anniversary dinner and were not disappointed. We ordered the yellow tuna and the swordfish and both were done perfectly, as ordrered. The food is always fabulous and the service has never been less than great. While we were there for our anniversary, they always treat each customer like it is a special occasion. I highly recommend Gratzi to anyone looking for a nice dinner out in Ann Arbor.Special Features:
- Lunch on the patioBethVIPDined on 8/13/2014Excellent patio atmosphere for lunch. Service is a little slower outside, however, being outside on a beautiful day and enjoying an exceptional dish, is worth it.Special Features:
- Good Food and Great ServiceHARB11Dined on 8/11/2014Our first time at Gratzi and we will certainly be back! The food was very good and our group tried a wide range of things and everything was done very well. Service was great and we felt well taken care of from an attentive staff.Special Features:
- Lovely for a Romantic Birthday MealumeatersDined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend took me here for my birthday and we just loved it! The restaurant itself was full of ambiance, we got seated in the upper balcony overlooking the bar while a violinist played below. We got two of the pastas, I ordered the small Orecchiette Alla Rustica, which looked identical to the menu photo, was full of flavor and a healthy portion as well. The other one we tried was the Fettucc Ine Con Pomodoro Basilico, which was also very flavorful for a red sauce dish. I also recommend the house salad, the vinaigrette was amazing! Overall, we had a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerKristoffDined on 8/9/2014We had a group of 6 for a Saturday night birthday dinner. The servers were accommodating, the food was amazing, and everybody had a great time. We'd have the same dinner again in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I have celiac disease and this restaurant was very aware of the disease and provided me with gluten free pasta. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbyDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food and attentive, but not overbearing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backMikek888Dined on 8/2/2014Food was great from the Caprese Appetizer with Italian Mozzarella to the Chocolate Crepe with white Chocolate mousse and in between the seafood Linguine and the Pistachio Pesto Asparagus. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to beLive4FoodDined on 8/2/2014I had friends visiting from Seattle, a fabulous restaurant town, so wanted to pick well. I wanted good food and a celebratory atmosphere, so I picked Gratzi. It did not disappoint. In a word, they were knocked out--we had a great time. The food was fabulous--I got the seared scallops with angel hair pasta on a bed of sauteed spinach and green onions in a butter and wine sauce. The only down side was a waitress who my friends thought was "throwing attitude" at us--I've had this experience at Gratzi before--but she warmed up as the evening wore on. We spent time chatting with a violinist who was playing near our table and my friends were thoroughly charmed by the whole experience.Special Features:
- JosephDined on 8/1/2014Great food, great service and very nice ambience for a very reasonable price. What more could you ask for a dinning experience?Special Features:
- Grateful for GratzisweeteaterDined on 7/31/2014As Gratzi is a Main Street Ventures restaurant, it is a delightful place to dine on a birthday. One entree is free, plus a delicious cannoli is included for dessert. My husband and I treated ourselves to the shrimp wrapped in pancetta, salads the brook trout special and the tuna with sweet risotto cake and spinach. Each flavor was distinct, each ingredient perfectly fresh and each presentation was clean and elegant. A moderately priced Orvietto complemented the meal and sambucca with coffee was the proper counterpoint to the richness. Our server was friendly, accommodating, efficient and graceful. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerGailDined on 7/26/2014We had a fabulous table overlooking the street and the food was delicious. Our server was very green however and this somewhat marred the experience. We like the electronic menus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This was the perfect place to celebrate a very special someone's birthday! The service was spot-on, the food was great... and it was as romantic as I intended. Thanks!Special Features:
- Delicious!Red214Dined on 7/19/2014Dined here many times while traveling and staying in Ann Arbor;it never disappoints. Not a huge fan of the iPad menu but I like traditional. Otherwise no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally good & accommodatingTuttle04Dined on 7/18/2014A lot's changed since we last visited Ann Arbor - new buildings, much more Art Fair, and the food scene. Once a place for pizza, traditional upscale dining, and vegetarian haunts, A2 is developing into quite a destination for those who like delicious and beautifully presented foods. We were drawn to Gratzi by its reviews and interesting menu, pleased that most dishes can be prepared gluten-free and that their scratch kitchen can do dairy free. Grilled & roasted vegis were perfect. My Pesce Del Mercato was extraordinarily well prepared fresh halibut, richly delicious (and prepared dairy free). My wife ate every bite of her gluten-free Polle e Pumate. Gratzi exceeded its high ratings on OpenTable and TripAdvisor. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCEfood1criticDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I choose to go to Gratzi to celebrate his birthday. From the moment we arrived until we left, the experience was incredible. We had fantastic service, our waiter, Jensen (Glen), was very attentive and knowledgeable. When picking out the wine, he sent Tom over to help us make a decision based on our entrée choices, the wine was incredible and complimented our meal. The food was simple outstanding! In our opinion, it was truly an amazing dining experience. From the appetizers, minestrone soup, salad, bread, main entrees and dessert. We will be back and will recommend this restaurant to our friends and family.Special Features:
- Still my favorite restaurant in A2ArielDined on 7/15/2014Whenever I want to celebrate something in my life, I choose to go to Gratzi. I always treat myself to the same menu item...the ravioli con caprino (goat cheese ravioli with panchetta and shallots). Unfortunately, Gratzi recently moved my favorite entree to the appetizer's section and removed my beloved shallots and panchetta. I was horrified! Almost cried and wanted to leave the restaurant. I'm not the type of person who doesn't like to try new things, but my beloved!!! After the initial shock, I ended up ordering the Farfalle Con Gamberi (shrimp, bowtie pasta, red cream). Give Gratzi a round of applause. It was delicious. That meal reminded me that no matter what you get at Gratzi, it'll always be delicious.Special Features:
- Birthday favoriteDeedeeDined on 7/14/2014Discount on your birthday. Lunch alfresco on a summer afternoon. Italian inspired food. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First ExperienceVickyDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went for our first year wedding anniversary. One of my coworkers highly recommended this restaurant. It was a great evening. Thank you so much to our waiter Steven foe making us feel special. WE WILL BE TURNING AGAIN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.