134 Main Street
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724Neighborhood:
Cold Spring Harbor
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grassosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6313676060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Dinner: 2:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Canales
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Grasso's offers a private dining area and Patio that can be reserved for private events. The dining area is perfect for birthdays and intimate gatherings, while the patio is an ideal location for mingling with guests and enjoying the weather.
- Private Party Contact: Gail Grasso 8669718128
A word from Grasso's
Celebrating her 18th year in Cold Spring Harbor, Gail Grasso and Exec. Chef Tony Canales will lead you in to yet another year of phenomenal food, jazz and just an overall feeling of “WOW”. Deemed “restless” in the past by Newsday, Gail has once again ventured into changing the décor of the restaurant. The addition of a dance floor in the jazz room gives Grasso’s, now more than ever, that real Manhattan feel. The food and service is incredible and if you’ve never been there before you will leave feeling as though you’ve been coming here forever. Grasso’s restaurant is a neighborhood gathering place where you almost always stand the chance of running into someone you know. Whether you’re a local or not, when you dine at Grasso’s you truly feel as though you have walked into Gail’s home. It’s been called the “Cheers” of Cold Spring Harbor. Grasso’s also offers a bar menu Sun-Fri evenings and an Al la Carte Sunday Jazz Brunch. Menus, Event and Music schedules are available on the website.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grasso's reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (9)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Jazz BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014I hadn't been here for awhile - we used to go for lunch and dine on their outdoor terrace. Forgot how lovely the ambience was inside. We went for brunch to celebrate our friend's birthday. We had difficulty deciding what to order as their menu had so many delicious looking choices at very reasonable prices. Delicious food, wonderful music and fantastic service! What a find! We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Grasso's is a treasure.bluesmamaDined on 10/24/2014Grasso's is a treasure; excellent food and service -- and that rarest of all treasures -- a true jazz venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always onRickyboyDined on 10/19/2014I've been dining at Grasso's for 20 years, and every time has been a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 10/12/2014Grasso's continues to be our favorite restaurant on Long Island. Throw Back Sunday celebrating 20 years is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Food, service and overall evening was outstanding. This was our first time there and would definitely go back. We both had one of the specials and loved them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MusicFoodForThoughtDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed the music of Mark Marino the night we dined. The food was ok and the ambiance was also ok.Special Features:
- always love itDineNenjoyDined on 9/27/2014We always enjoy dinner and jazz at Grasso. Dinner never disappoints and we love to go on jazz nights. This time we brought the discerning family members from out of town. They really enjoyed the evening as well. Go, dine and relax. You'll surely enjoy the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grassos is greatALSFDined on 9/27/2014We have been here a number of times and have always had a great meal. The servers are friendly and knowledgable, and the music adds an extra dimension that most restaurants don't have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great musicKlebDined on 9/21/2014Lovely restaurant in quiet and quaint Cold Spring Harbor. Great food, and one of the few local places to have great Jazz. Nice bar and bar menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed service, average menuDickFDined on 9/20/2014We hat the early sitting on a Saturday night and that may account for the rushed service but it did not make for a dining experience. Needed more time between courses. On the food side the signature dish -- twice roasted duck -- was neither twice roasted the way it had been. In fact it was overdone. It came with dry wild rice instead of a flavorful risotto which would have been much better. Also the smaller carb portions were overwhelmed with a fistful of veggies. The fish special was also some what overcooked and several bones were encountered. Deboning must be carefully done and again, it was probably due to rushing.
- Good Food & Live Musicians!PrimoForte1Dined on 9/6/2014Four of us dining tonight found Grassos enjoyable. The food was tasty, scallops & calamari appetizers to start with Steak & fish for main course. The tiramisu tasted store bought, a couple of bites was enough. The others ordered an ice cream dish, can't remember the name, covered in chocolate, delicious! I would definitely order that next time. I found the live entertainment sets the restaurant apart from others! The musicians were amazing, perfect sound & volume for dining. Would gladly return & recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golface46VIPDined on 9/5/2014A perfect combination of good food, atmosphere and music.Special Features:
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014waiter struggled to communicate special to us - english was not strong. second waiter came over to review specials and his list was different than the first guy. one of us ordered swordfish but sent it back as it was fishy. owner did buy us dessert but overall experience was not great.
- OutstandingMartyDined on 8/28/2014The food was excellent; the wait staff professional; the music great; and we were not rushed.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant!tootsVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is one of one of our favorite restaurants. The food is delicious, the ambience attractive and listening to live music adds to a great experience.Special Features:
- SpecialDined on 8/20/2014Enjoyed very much the service and food was great. I would recommend this restaurant to all! Joe and Marie Dix HillsSpecial Features:
- A Wonderful PlaceMusicLoverDined on 8/17/2014Throw Back Sunday is always a great time to be @ Grasso's. We brought our bottle of wine and had a fabulous dinner and evening listening to blues & jazz. Every time I come here, I always have a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceanonymousDined on 8/16/2014Although the food at Grasso's is very good, the restaurant seems to have gone downhill recently. I had a 9pm reservation on a Saturday night, and although they weren't very busy, we still had to wait for our table to be set up. Once we were seated, someone came over to ask if we wanted water, but then never came back with it. Our appetizer plates were never cleared after we were finished, and we had to wait almost 40 minutes from the time the appetizers came out to when we received our entrees. As I said before, the food here is good; They just need to put more effort into their service.Special Features:
- not impressedluv2dineDined on 8/16/2014We've been to Grasso's twice before, and the food and atmosphere were excellent. This visit the noise level was terrible and the steak special I ordered was way too much money for what I got. Fifty bucks for a pan-fried half-inch thick ribeye I could have made myself left a bad taste.
- Always deliciousElaineVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great jazz and food all the time. We never had a bad meal at Grassos, and we have been coming here for years. Everything was perfect, and the service is always thoughtful, prompt and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Spring Harbor Gemlove2eatDined on 8/16/2014Dinner was delicious and the jazz combo made the evening special. I always enjoy coming here for lunch or dinner. The hostesses and wait staff are professional and friendly. We started with Burrata and Tomato and arugula salad. The main course was Branzino with escarole and roasted potatoes. The waiter fileted the fish quickly and deftly and presented a perfect looking plate. We especially enjoyed the Jazz combo. They were excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing food, amazing place!JoshVIPDined on 8/15/2014We love to eat at Grosso's, the food is absolutely superb, the service and the music are never disappointing, great place for a romantic dinner and any other occasions. Grosso's have the Best Branzino on Long Island by far, you have to try it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRobbyleeVIPDined on 8/8/2014Early dinner Friday evening. Hostess (owner?) had her head down @ a desk & appeared to ignore customers until she was good & ready. Finally seated us. Nice table & setting. Bread & 3 spreads were brought withOUT explanation. We had 1 glass of overpriced mediocre white wine & a martini, 1 shared PEI mussel app (very good), soft shell crab special (just ok) & their "double" cooked duck, which had burnt skin. Waiter told us "we like to serve it nice & crispy"! He was told it's burnt! No one came to address/replace/apologize, etc. As a matter of fact, after deciding to cut our losses (already was almost $120.00), we skipped coffee & desert & as we were leaving, not a thank you, good bye, nothing! The height of arrogance & complacency!
- gem of a placeFoodmongerVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great food. LOVELY PLACE. OUR FIRST TIME AND CANT WAIT TILL WE COME BACK AGAIN !Special Features:
- great as usual.RayDowVIPDined on 8/2/2014Another excellent meal at Grasso. Always great specials and faultless service. Well organised table planning and even on a busy saturday they coped very well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikkiVIPDined on 7/31/2014Wonderful Frank O'Brian plays classic standards at the paino every Thursday which makes fpr a wonderful evening.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandyVIPDined on 7/26/2014we have dined here many times... the food is wonderful, the staff are great, and their martini's are outstanding (thanks Michael)... if we had to pick one restaurant as our favorite, this would be the one...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out!SeaCliffDinerDined on 7/25/2014This was our first visit to Grasso's and the overall experience was pretty great. Every staff member was gracious and accommodating. They truly seemed to care about their diners. We particularly loved the cocktails and our main courses (snapper special; duck), which were superb. The music on the night we were there was pitch perfect. It's not cheap, but for an entire night that includes entertainment, we thought it was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PlaceNewtonDined on 7/24/2014I have been here several times and it always excellent. Wonderful menu and enjoy the jazz music in background. I will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best on LISignNDineVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is truly one of the best restaurants on Long Island. Gail Grasso and her staff never disappoint. The menu is always interesting and changes on occasion. All of the selections we had were excellent including the chicken, salmon, calamari and pasta special. The strawberry napoleon was excellent and a perfect summer offering. We go several times a year and always have a wonderful evening and are never rushed.Special Features:
- Creative dishesGlennVIPDined on 7/12/2014We don't eat meat so that limits the selections but this restaurant welcomes vegetarians and vegans. We started with the chopped salad sans shrimp. We share everything and the restaurant was so nice to deliver the salad already split on two plates. Each one was a large salad plate and plenty for the two of us to share. The main course was the tuna special which was prepared with black and white sesame seeds and a delicious mango salsa topping which really enhanced an already finely prepared piece of fish. The other main course was their zucchini linguine. This was zucchini prepared to look like pasta. thinly cut strips perfectly prepared with vegetables, garlic, light oil, salt and pepper. Lastly we shared the strawberry napoleon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing bad to say.Suecarly1Dined on 7/5/2014We went with a large group and everyone was completely satisfied. Our waiter was great and recommended all the right things. This was our second time there and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For special occasionWalt46Dined on 7/5/2014We really like Grasso's with live jazz and very good food. The cost, however, makes this a special occasion restaurant. Expect to spend $100 per person including tax and tip. The only sour note on the service is bread baskets left empty - not refilled unless requested.Special Features:
- a great find!tootsVIPDined on 7/3/2014a most enjoyable evening. we go all the time and find it great each time. we especially like having live music to listen to during our meal.Special Features:
- The following 635 reviews are from the Grasso's reviews archive.
- Excellent food and servicGoodDined on 6/28/2014The Halibut was outstanding and cooked to perfection.Vocalist sang Billy Holiday songs on piano with Bass back up.Special Features:
- great food and live musicRBSRDined on 6/25/2014went on a wednesday night. live jazz, great food. The lamb chops were melt-in-your mouth. Delicious take on a clam chowder. Monk fisk special was perfectly seasoned. A great place to enjoy a relaxing meal. only downside is that the music can be a bit loud. they have 2 rooms- suggest going to the one up and to the left- you can hear and even see the musicians but still engage in conversation at your table.Special Features:
- Typical Ling IslandFazio55VIPDined on 6/14/2014From the moment we walked in i knew this would be a dissapointment. I had been to grassos years ago, but didnt remember much from that experience. Now i know why, i didnt want to. The host was clueless, the waitress was long island obnoxious, and the food was fair but long island priced. Even the patrons sucked. Typical long island, all attitude with no value.
- Excellent food with Great JazzMike11251Dined on 6/14/2014Grasso's is a favorite of ours. They always feature fresh seafood with terriffic salds and desserts. The truly special aspect of Grasso's is Gail Grasso's committment to live jazz music. Where else can you go and find fine musicians paired with fine food, drink, professional service and satisfying ambience? I recommend this for jazz lovers of all ages.Special Features:
- Bonappetit57VIPDined on 6/13/2014As always the food is excellent, great service, the only thing we didn't enjoy was the music, too loud, Grasso's is too small for such a band, it is such a nice restaurant that just dining there as a couple or with friends, we don't need such loud sound, we weren't able to hear ourself talking, but great place to eat.Special Features:
- Sunday SupperFamilyGuyDined on 6/8/2014Great ambiance, with live jazz almost every night. Dishes were as attractive as atmosphere. Very attentive service with some table side presentations. Good for special occasions or a splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.