134 Main Street
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724Neighborhood:
Cold Spring Harbor
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grassosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (631) 367-6060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Dinner: 2:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Canales
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Grasso's offers a private dining area and Patio that can be reserved for private events. The dining area is perfect for birthdays and intimate gatherings, while the patio is an ideal location for mingling with guests and enjoying the weather.
- Private Party Contact: Gail Grasso 8669718128
A word from Grasso's
Celebrating her 18th year in Cold Spring Harbor, Gail Grasso and Exec. Chef Tony Canales will lead you in to yet another year of phenomenal food, jazz and just an overall feeling of “WOW”. Deemed “restless” in the past by Newsday, Gail has once again ventured into changing the décor of the restaurant. The addition of a dance floor in the jazz room gives Grasso’s, now more than ever, that real Manhattan feel. The food and service is incredible and if you’ve never been there before you will leave feeling as though you’ve been coming here forever. Grasso’s restaurant is a neighborhood gathering place where you almost always stand the chance of running into someone you know. Whether you’re a local or not, when you dine at Grasso’s you truly feel as though you have walked into Gail’s home. It’s been called the “Cheers” of Cold Spring Harbor. Grasso’s also offers a bar menu Sun-Fri evenings and an Al la Carte Sunday Jazz Brunch. Menus, Event and Music schedules are available on the website.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Grasso's - Best Restaurants in Cold Spring Harbor ›
Grasso's reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (33)romantic (29)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (17)hot spot (13)late-night find (9)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- favoritestootsVIPDined on 11/23/2014one of our favorite restaurants. we enjoy the food and the service is great. we also enjoy listening to music while eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz in Cold Spring HarborGuitar57VIPDined on 11/21/2014Great food in imaginative recipes with live jazz (check their schedule). Very nice combo -- pun intended. Best scallops I ever tasted. A bit pricier than my usual dinner check, but consider it a tip for the band (hope they pay the band well).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grasso's Is GreatBobyank7VIPDined on 11/15/2014We have gone to Grasso's numerous times over the years and it is one of the most consistently great restaurants. The food is always delicious and perfectly prepared. The service is attentive and professional. The live jazz many times during the week makes the visit that much more festive. It is truly a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLiam461VIPDined on 11/15/2014what a great find.we had an 8:15 reservation and were seated by 830 because the hostess advised us they would be nicer table opening up in a few minutes .she was absolutely correct and it was worth the wait. the food was delicious. the olive spread and hummus were very tasty the bread was nice and crusty on the outside and soft in the middle. I had the grilled lamb chops. my girlfriend had the salmon.they were cooked to perfection and were absolutely delicious. the jazz duo sounded great in the background not too loud but loud enough. The music was vibrant and alive. top it off with some vanilla bread pudding and Colombian coffee. we will definitely be coming back to garage Grasso'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent RestaurantGerrySFP80Dined on 11/14/2014The food was average, nothing to rave about. Portion size was adequate. Service was average, not too rushed but not overly attentive either. We were there on a Friday evening and the entertainment present made the place loud and difficult to hold a normal dinner conversation.Special Features:
- LiveHuntingtonDined on 11/9/2014Vibrant crowd on a Sunday eve; we were a table of four and enjoyed a wonderful dining expereince. From service to food (and our own wine on Sundays) made for a great time and affordable too. It is refreshing to see an established restaurant "appreciate" diners in this way and it drives a nice crowd on an otherwise potentially slow night. The live music added that much more to the night out. Thank you Grassos :)Special Features:
- 90th Birthday Party was very nice!janvier52Dined on 11/9/2014We brought a family member for an early Sunday dinner to celebrate her 90th birthday. It was a pleasant afternoon. The service and food was very good and we would go back again. I had not been to Grassos for several years, and really liked the re-decorating. Very elegant and nice to walk on Main Street before or after your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, mediocre serviceMotif88VIPDined on 11/8/2014As always, the food is very good, the live music is great. Our only issue was a lack the lack of service. It was a busy Saturday night but the waitress would disappear for 20+ minutes at a time. I enjoy a relaxed meal but 2 hours was a bit slow. When she was at the table, she was great, it was getting her there that was the issue.Special Features:
- Great restauranthappypeepsDined on 11/8/2014Food is always delicious. Guaranteed a good meal, good service in a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine music & dining, relaxed venueLuvaNiteOutDined on 11/6/2014We took advantage of a prix-fixe dinner special, a throw back menu to 1994. Our dining partners were wowed by their selections, and they are serious foodies as well as chef hobbiests. For a Tuesday night, the restaurant was packed, and we enjoyed a jazz duo, with piano and bass. We will be back! It was also great that Grasso's offers special BYOB nights with a low fee for corkage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liverpool Meets Cold Spring HarbornsateVIPDined on 11/4/2014My wife and I go to Grasso's 2-4 times a month with family and friends. I really enjoy the live music (when they have it) and the exceptional food. What always surprises me the most about Grasso's is the consistency of their food. It is always fantastic. My favorites include the grilled calamari salad, oysters with pesto and pecorino cheese, whole branzino fileted table side, lamb chops, risotto, short ribs, duck, and most specials. Tonight Grasso's had a Beatles tribute band and the place was packed. With so many people in the restaurant food and service were bound to be an issue. Not so, Grasso's was totally prepared for the large turn out and the food, bar and table service remained excellent. I highly recommend Grasso's.Special Features:
- Delicious!HazelDined on 11/4/2014Excellent place for dinner. Food exceptional, great atmosphere, beautiful location. excellent service. Loved the Liverpool Shuffle for entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014enjoyable family gathering venue. excellent fresh blackfish. best tiramisu ever.Special Features:
- Jazz BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014I hadn't been here for awhile - we used to go for lunch and dine on their outdoor terrace. Forgot how lovely the ambience was inside. We went for brunch to celebrate our friend's birthday. We had difficulty deciding what to order as their menu had so many delicious looking choices at very reasonable prices. Delicious food, wonderful music and fantastic service! What a find! We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Grasso's is a treasure.bluesmamaDined on 10/24/2014Grasso's is a treasure; excellent food and service -- and that rarest of all treasures -- a true jazz venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always onRickyboyDined on 10/19/2014I've been dining at Grasso's for 20 years, and every time has been a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 10/12/2014Grasso's continues to be our favorite restaurant on Long Island. Throw Back Sunday celebrating 20 years is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Food, service and overall evening was outstanding. This was our first time there and would definitely go back. We both had one of the specials and loved them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MusicFoodForThoughtDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed the music of Mark Marino the night we dined. The food was ok and the ambiance was also ok.Special Features:
- always love itDineNenjoyDined on 9/27/2014We always enjoy dinner and jazz at Grasso. Dinner never disappoints and we love to go on jazz nights. This time we brought the discerning family members from out of town. They really enjoyed the evening as well. Go, dine and relax. You'll surely enjoy the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grassos is greatALSFDined on 9/27/2014We have been here a number of times and have always had a great meal. The servers are friendly and knowledgable, and the music adds an extra dimension that most restaurants don't have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great musicKlebDined on 9/21/2014Lovely restaurant in quiet and quaint Cold Spring Harbor. Great food, and one of the few local places to have great Jazz. Nice bar and bar menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed service, average menuDickFDined on 9/20/2014We hat the early sitting on a Saturday night and that may account for the rushed service but it did not make for a dining experience. Needed more time between courses. On the food side the signature dish -- twice roasted duck -- was neither twice roasted the way it had been. In fact it was overdone. It came with dry wild rice instead of a flavorful risotto which would have been much better. Also the smaller carb portions were overwhelmed with a fistful of veggies. The fish special was also some what overcooked and several bones were encountered. Deboning must be carefully done and again, it was probably due to rushing.
- Good Food & Live Musicians!PrimoForte1Dined on 9/6/2014Four of us dining tonight found Grassos enjoyable. The food was tasty, scallops & calamari appetizers to start with Steak & fish for main course. The tiramisu tasted store bought, a couple of bites was enough. The others ordered an ice cream dish, can't remember the name, covered in chocolate, delicious! I would definitely order that next time. I found the live entertainment sets the restaurant apart from others! The musicians were amazing, perfect sound & volume for dining. Would gladly return & recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golface46VIPDined on 9/5/2014A perfect combination of good food, atmosphere and music.Special Features:
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014waiter struggled to communicate special to us - english was not strong. second waiter came over to review specials and his list was different than the first guy. one of us ordered swordfish but sent it back as it was fishy. owner did buy us dessert but overall experience was not great.
- OutstandingMartyDined on 8/28/2014The food was excellent; the wait staff professional; the music great; and we were not rushed.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant!tootsVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is one of one of our favorite restaurants. The food is delicious, the ambience attractive and listening to live music adds to a great experience.Special Features:
- SpecialDined on 8/20/2014Enjoyed very much the service and food was great. I would recommend this restaurant to all! Joe and Marie Dix HillsSpecial Features:
- A Wonderful PlaceMusicLoverDined on 8/17/2014Throw Back Sunday is always a great time to be @ Grasso's. We brought our bottle of wine and had a fabulous dinner and evening listening to blues & jazz. Every time I come here, I always have a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceanonymousDined on 8/16/2014Although the food at Grasso's is very good, the restaurant seems to have gone downhill recently. I had a 9pm reservation on a Saturday night, and although they weren't very busy, we still had to wait for our table to be set up. Once we were seated, someone came over to ask if we wanted water, but then never came back with it. Our appetizer plates were never cleared after we were finished, and we had to wait almost 40 minutes from the time the appetizers came out to when we received our entrees. As I said before, the food here is good; They just need to put more effort into their service.Special Features:
- not impressedluv2dineDined on 8/16/2014We've been to Grasso's twice before, and the food and atmosphere were excellent. This visit the noise level was terrible and the steak special I ordered was way too much money for what I got. Fifty bucks for a pan-fried half-inch thick ribeye I could have made myself left a bad taste.
- Always deliciousElaineVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great jazz and food all the time. We never had a bad meal at Grassos, and we have been coming here for years. Everything was perfect, and the service is always thoughtful, prompt and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Spring Harbor Gemlove2eatDined on 8/16/2014Dinner was delicious and the jazz combo made the evening special. I always enjoy coming here for lunch or dinner. The hostesses and wait staff are professional and friendly. We started with Burrata and Tomato and arugula salad. The main course was Branzino with escarole and roasted potatoes. The waiter fileted the fish quickly and deftly and presented a perfect looking plate. We especially enjoyed the Jazz combo. They were excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing food, amazing place!JoshVIPDined on 8/15/2014We love to eat at Grosso's, the food is absolutely superb, the service and the music are never disappointing, great place for a romantic dinner and any other occasions. Grosso's have the Best Branzino on Long Island by far, you have to try it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRobbyleeVIPDined on 8/8/2014Early dinner Friday evening. Hostess (owner?) had her head down @ a desk & appeared to ignore customers until she was good & ready. Finally seated us. Nice table & setting. Bread & 3 spreads were brought withOUT explanation. We had 1 glass of overpriced mediocre white wine & a martini, 1 shared PEI mussel app (very good), soft shell crab special (just ok) & their "double" cooked duck, which had burnt skin. Waiter told us "we like to serve it nice & crispy"! He was told it's burnt! No one came to address/replace/apologize, etc. As a matter of fact, after deciding to cut our losses (already was almost $120.00), we skipped coffee & desert & as we were leaving, not a thank you, good bye, nothing! The height of arrogance & complacency!
- gem of a placeFoodmongerVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great food. LOVELY PLACE. OUR FIRST TIME AND CANT WAIT TILL WE COME BACK AGAIN !Special Features:
- great as usual.RayDowVIPDined on 8/2/2014Another excellent meal at Grasso. Always great specials and faultless service. Well organised table planning and even on a busy saturday they coped very well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikkiVIPDined on 7/31/2014Wonderful Frank O'Brian plays classic standards at the paino every Thursday which makes fpr a wonderful evening.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 643 reviews are from the Grasso's reviews archive.
- sandyVIPDined on 7/26/2014we have dined here many times... the food is wonderful, the staff are great, and their martini's are outstanding (thanks Michael)... if we had to pick one restaurant as our favorite, this would be the one...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.