Grappa Italian Bistro
450 South Teller
Lakewood, CO 80226Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Grappa Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.grappaitalianbistro.com/
- Phone: (303) 862-4040
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Grappa Italian Bistro
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grappa Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (2)special occasion (2)good for groups (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Dinner with a friendgirlzalrightDined on 10/18/2014Grappa's was awesome. I've dined at the one in Golden but this was my first time dining at the Lakewood location. I have to admit, I really like this location better! The food was very good and the service was awesome. The atmosphere in the restaurant was very nice and intimate. There was live music playing but it was very subtle and lovely. The restaurant is not big but it all really works. We'll definitely be going back to try some of their other dishes.Special Features:
- disappointedabcdefgDined on 10/10/2014We ordered things we never got.The service was terrible. Food was ok. Nothing to brag about.
- Is it a secret?JanetCVIPDined on 10/4/2014I was so surprised that hardly anyone was there on a Saturday lunchtime! The food and service were really good. I've been to the Grappa in Golden and found the food really good, but terrible service by a waiter that seemed like he couldn't be trouble with us...But the Belmar location had no such problem. I sure hope they pick up, so it continues to be a great choice for a great soup, salad and sandwich with a lovely glass of wine!Special Features:
- GrossAl216VIPDined on 9/20/2014Tonight the waiter spilled my dinner into my lap. Boiling hot oily liquid. Accidents happen, but he wasn't a very good server - lacking attention to tables and didn't offer to have my clothes dry cleaned, etc. Don't order the antipasto. It's a pile of mortadella for $14 for 2 with crushed, not marinated, olives, 2 thin slices of cheese and poor quality prosciutto. The prosciutto risotto comes with huge chunks of ham and linguini is substituted for papperdelle; everything is congealed in melted cheese. They now have a cocktail menu, but their bartender(s) are slow, even when the restaurant is empty, and the drinks instantly separate for $9. The amazing pesto they once had is now almost watery and just green-colored oil.
- Always enjoyableDBeeDined on 9/5/2014Have been here several times and have always had an enjoyable experience with very food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localobserverDined on 8/28/2014Good food but could be better. Somewhat pricey for what they serve. Crab cakes are mostly bread crumbs. Noise level is very high that you cannot hear the music in the dining room.Special Features:
- Neighborhood diningJimcindgeVIPDined on 8/24/2014We have visited Grappa 7 times since it opened. We originally were very happy to see a slightly upscale neighborhood restaurant in the Belmar area. The food was good and the atmosphere was nice. The menu hasn't changed at all since we first dined there. Unfortunately the food quality and service seem to have declined a good bit in the last year or so. We hope things get improved as we like having good restaurants close to us.
- Relaxing lunch spotKokoDined on 8/5/2014Three of us went to lunch here on a weekday and had a very nice time. With the exception of the calamari appetizer (the calamari was tough and rubbery), our meals were very good. I had the chicken parmigiana and it was a huge serving and very tasty. I will likely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Slow ServiceFloydDined on 8/2/2014Either it was a restaurant staffing issue or our waitstaff but the service was slow. The food overall was good but it's really too pricey for it's location and some of the portions seemed small for the price. Onion soup was great but the crab cakes were mostly filler;tasty but lacking chunks of crab. Though I saw mention of tapas, it wasn't on the menu we looked at so it may be a bar thing. Spaghetti/meatballs was way too small for $15 but the filet (med rare temp was right on) and lasagna were very good. The eggplant parmesan was good but the eggplant was sliced too thin and a bit overcooked. It's going to be tough surviving a mall type setting with the prices. Kids menu would have been nice but one wasn't offered and we didn't ask.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreshFreshDined on 7/25/2014Food was good, service was good, could have done without the live music, too loud to hold a conversation in a small setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 47 reviews are from the Grappa Italian Bistro reviews archive.
- Excellent service and foodZekethegeekDined on 7/12/2014Our waiter Craig was attentive, informative (he suggested an excellent wine pairing that worked with both my caprese salad and my filet), treated us very well. The food, as always, was excellent. It's so great to have such a high caliber of restaurant without having to fight your way downtown.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the eveningF00dieintrainingVIPDined on 7/7/2014Great service, food was less consistent but still a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But could be betterDixieDined on 6/28/2014We loved the location and enjoyed our dinner - however if they are going to continue to charge such high prices they are going to have to serve more upscale food and drinks. I had 3 drinks and it was over $30.00. That's a little too much considering the items are all priced separately. Love the concept for their Caesar salad.Special Features:
- DisappointedHbtenVIPDined on 6/21/2014The location and ambiance of Grappa are very nice. However, food was just okay and staff was unpleasant/argumentative. Not sure we'll try a second time.
- Needs workFood4GoodDined on 6/20/2014The food was good with exceptions. The service was terrible. It took 10 minutes for someone to come by, then another 10-15 minutes to be told they didn't have the champagne we ordered. The server gave minimum required attention. And it took a good while to get our entries, which showed up on ridiculously hot plates dropped in front of us. Unsophisticated and sloppy service. The chicken piccata was just fine but the side of pasta with marinara sauce with lifeless and institutional-tasting. The mahi was over-cooked. The interior design is uninspired -- in most cases, dinners eating inside stare either at mostly blank walls or at a big-screen TV hanging over the bar about 20 feet away.
- Mediocre ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014Nothing was "fantastic", nor "horrible". They were also out of a number of things on a Saturday night - both at our table and the tables surrounding us - mostly wine, but also some pasta. I don't think we'll hurry back. All the servers seemed busy, but our service wasn't exceptional.Special Features:
- Saturday evening, 6/6/14OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2014Very attentive and knowledgeable management & good servers. Noisy, beyond energetic. Upgrade ceiling tile would help. [Yes, we were the oldest ones there]Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent Bemar spotFinalwordsDined on 5/17/2014This is Grappa’s newest location in Belmar. The happy hour choices are great and I highly recommend the cheese platter which changes daily depending on what cheese they have. The mussels are awesome and the dates are yummy. I also recommend the beet salad and the Cioppino. I’ve been here three times already and can’t w ait to try their other dishes. The wait staff is professional, friendly and makes everyone feel like they are special. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Disappointing Mother's Day brunchNewtDined on 5/11/2014I took my mom here for brunch on Mother's Day. The place was empty when we walked in. The menu was difficult to understand and the prices were incorrect. The menu choices were pretty limited for a brunch, lots of egg choices but not many sweet or healthy options. I finally ordered the crab Benedict, and when it arrived there was no egg with it just crab, hollandaise sauce and an English muffin. So I sent it back and they fixed it. The potatoes on the side were pretty bland. All this sounds pretty negative, but the service is good and I've been to grappa three times before this for dinner and had very nice meals. So I would definitely recommend it for dinner, and hope that next time I go for brunch they get their act together
- I'll give it another tryballroombikerDined on 5/2/2014Grappa was pretty good. We sat outside because it was so incredibly loud inside. The artichoke appetizer wasn't as spectacular as other reviews made it out to be. I just had a salad for dinner. it was good, but nothing spectacular. I will go back to try their main dishes. the service was good and the manager was paying attention, so that earned them some points.Special Features:
- Believe the bad reviewsChritmasdinnerDined on 5/1/2014Service was less than poor! Food was okay, manager was more interested in drinking at the bar than taking care of the customers!!
- Was a favorite - but not anymore!Al216VIPDined on 4/20/2014This was the first time I had been to Grappa for lunch but the 4th time dining at the restaurant. The antipasti panini arrived very cold with the bread hardened; while this wasn't a total deal breaker, the fact that it had no taste other than the over abundance of herbs in the bread was. I ordered this with the pasta salad which was heavy with red onion and not much else. The other dish we ordered was the mushroom gnocchi. The mushroom sauce had a very strange texture to it and was served without grilled asparagus the menu describes. Our waiter was slow, disorganized and unattentive. I don't know if we will go back at all, but certainly not for lunch. Grappa has gone downhill very, very quickly.
- Must go place!FoodieExplorerDined on 4/17/2014Best Italian food I have had the pleasure of eating - a delight to the eye as well as to the palate. Eric provided more than excellent service, knew the menu, the wine and how to pair both with those he was serving. I seldom hug the wait staff - but Eric was hugged! We were a table of 12 and he made each of us feel as if we were a table if one! Don't pass this place by!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies gemCatthefoodieDined on 4/9/2014Incredible menu and the dinner was bursting with fresh ingredients and tons of flavor. I highly recommend this restaurant to the food critic and picky eater. There's something for everyone. Risotto and ahi tuna was fabulous! Beet carpaccio salad was perfect. For dessert the chocolate mousse just melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great happy hourLkwoodfoodDined on 3/29/2014Grappa was fantastic....wonderful food, great happy hour appetizers and prices. Tapas are generously sized and delicious, waiters/bartender very friendly. Great to have a place like this in Belmar. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodbevplayDined on 3/21/2014Went for lunch. Had yummy ravioli and my friend had salmon. Both were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianRomaDined on 3/7/2014A terrific Italian restaurant. Great addition to Belmar area. Excellent food !Special Features:
- Great MenuTimmyVIPDined on 3/1/2014Nice menu selection. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I had the salmon putanesca and would highly recommend it. The tiramisu was fantastic. Waiter was attentive and helpful with menu and wine selections. We will go back.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekdawnrphDined on 2/28/2014We went on restaurant week with another couple and they're oso buck was overcooked. Our entrees were good and previous experiences there have been very positive. I think not was the whole mass production restaurant week menu that sometimes calls short. Great wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were looking forward toGinnyVIPDined on 2/27/2014We were looking forward to trying this restaurant for the first time. The positive comment is the food was good. However the tables were much too close together, and the table size is much too small. The service did feel rather rushed. I understand this restaurant has only been opened a short time, so hopefully they will make some adjustments!
- We met friends there for dinner.skierDined on 2/26/2014We met friends there for dinner. They nicely accommodated our male friend with his wheelchair. The food was delicious from start to finish! The beet salad was excellent! I can't imagine how they could slice it sooooo thinly. Yum! Our waitress was very attentive and pleasant. We were all very impressed and shall return for tapas and other offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Addition to BelmarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014My friend and I stopped by during restaurant week. The waitress was very accommodating of my friends request for 'just linguine and sauce' rather than the restaurant week dish that included smoked fish and vegis. She was nice enough to skip the upcharge since we were just subtracting (all the yummy!) additions to the pasta. I had the Carciofini, stuffed artichoke heart appetizer that was done very well, but I wish I would have tried the beet carpaccio. The table next to me ordered the carpaccio and it looked fabulous. The Fettuccini Carbonara Di Pesce was delicious and the portion was generous. The absolute star of the evening was the Tiramisu. Honestly it was one of the best I've ever had. I would return just for another taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousRegularCustomerVIPDined on 2/25/2014My husband and I come every Friday for Happy hour, sometimes lunch sometimes dinner and every time we had superb service and food. We love having a neighborhood restaurant that isn't part of a corporate chain. More restaurants like this needed in Belmar.Special Features:
- decentkrasserDined on 2/24/2014I enjoyed the dinner and the staff were kind and polite. We did find plastic in one of the apitizers, over all the food was good. It was very loud with a large party in the wine room with only a wall to divide. The mamager did buy us drinks after dinner for the plastic in the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, bad service5280Dined on 2/23/2014We dined for 5280. The food was wonderful. The service was poor. The waiter couldn't remember our order or what course we were on. The tip was already included when the bill came for our table of four. One couple paid cash with the remaining to go on the other couple's credit card. The waiter had run the credit card with an additional $5. If we had been left to decide our own tip, we would have only left 10% not 20%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a terrible experiencegolfgroupDined on 2/22/2014We had a terrible experience - we were seated, given water, ordered beverages, and it took about 10 minutes for waiter to take order - we thought all was good - an hour and half later we ot our appetizer, and our food was 30 minutes behind that. We had to ask for more water and bread several time and the bread was scarce. The owner yelled at the waiter and threw the waiter under the bus for the entire poor experience - later we saw the owner yealling again at the waiter in the back area. The owner was very inappropriate
- Delicious! What a gem!Knm0103Dined on 2/22/2014Tried this for restaurant week and it it did not disappoint. Loved the wine list (happy hour list too!!), the food, the service, and the portion sizes. The manager was phenomenal -- ensuring everyone was taken care of. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week did not helpnevergoingbackDined on 2/22/2014I thought I would get a good deal with the restaurant week deal at a new place. They could not get any fountain drink right and would not fix it. Multiple cokes and lemonade just did not taste right. Waiter said he would not charge me for the drinks, but I had to have him take it off when the bill arrived anyway...slacker...take batter notes! The food was descent, but the service really sucked even after telling the waiter we were on a time crunch to make a concert across the street. Never going back. The 20% included gratuity and some other charge Belmar forced upon us was the clincher...I think that is why the waiter called it in because he knew he was getting paid well either way; which absolutely negates any motivation to do well.
- We will be back!PrincesspDined on 2/22/2014Belmar and the Lakewood area has been in need of a nice restaurant like this! The food, service and atmosphere were all great! I look forward to visiting again, and getting downtown quality dining in Lakewood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll return again.mangiaVIPDined on 2/16/2014We had a very nice Sunday evening meal at Grappa's. Everything is new, with a nice Bar area and a lovely separate dinning room. Great food and service. We'll return soon.Special Features: