1027 Washington Ave
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://grappabistro.com/
- Phone: 3032738882
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am -3:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Maurice Couturier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off-site catering. Please contact us so we can create a customized menu for you.
- Private Party Facilities: The capacity of our private dining is up to 120 people. Please contact us so we can create a customized menu for you.
- Private Party Contact: Ricardo 3032738882
- Entertainment: Piano Nightly by Ricardo.
- Cross Street: 10th
- Public Transit: RTD is serving bus stop 2 minutes walking from our restaurant. You can catch the bus from anywhere in Denver, Boulder and the surrounding areas.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Pparking lot for 28 cars is available on the ground floor of the building.
A word from Grappa Bistro
Visit our Mediterranean Bistro featuring cuisine from Italy, France and Spain by Chef and Owner Maurice Couturier and Piano Bar with Ricardo nightly. Visit our beautiful patio in Golden CO overlooking Clear Creek. We are open 7 days a week for Lunch and Dinner. Happy Hour Specials and Tapas are available every afternoon. Facilities for Private Parties are available, so are our extensive wine list and exclusive dishes. You will not believe it until you try it! Dining in Grappa deserves a trip!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Grappa Bistro - Best Restaurants in Golden ›
Grappa Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)fit for foodies (7)scenic view (7)neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (5)romantic (5)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Nice, excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Good atmosphere, live piano but not loud or overpowering, friendly service and treated us like they really cared we were there. Server was spot on with suggestions and was excellent in all regards. Unfortunately I don't recall her name....Left a slightly greater than 20% tip and received and very sincere thank you. wow. There were standard and unique dishes offered, all four of us enjoyed our selections. Great job; we will go back next time we are in Golden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!WestTexasTravelerDined on 10/24/2014I have been to Grappa's numerous times and it is always excellent. The dining room is always nice. It can be a little loud with a crowd, but overall, it's still great. The food is varied and always excellent. On some days there is a pianist playing and that is a nice touch. The wine list is always interesting and full of great choices. They also have a patio next to the river. It's a great location and restaurant!Special Features:
- A Surprise in GoldenKennethDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I had a delightful dinner at Grappa with the rack of lamb special being outstanding. The wine list had a very wide range of selections with an emphasis on Italian reds. This was our first visit but we will definitely return to Grappa on our next visit to West Denver area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014We were looking forward to eating at Grappa to celebrate a birthday. Unfortunately we were disappointed in the service and the food. The server was inattentive and continually blamed it on being too busy. The food came out of the kitchen luke warm and did not have a lot of flavor. I am confidant there are better places to eat in Golden.
- Denver Restaurant WeekJudi27Dined on 8/28/2014The food was OK, nothing special. Stuffed mushrooms appetizers were good, beef+beet was miniscule. We liked the deserts. Wine list is overpriced. It was extremely noisy, the restaurant was full on Thursday evening.
- ServiceolddinerDined on 8/27/2014Our waiter Phillippe was terrific in service as well as interacting with my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter! Hostess and all with whom I came in contact were very accommodating.Special Features:
- A Culinary Gem in GoldenHashtagluv2dineDined on 8/25/2014Great food and service. The chocolate fondant was an excellent way to top off the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best yetBarneyVIPDined on 8/13/2014I eat at Grappa about once a month. The food has always been good, but the service has always been off. Nothing bad just a little disjointed. I see from the other reviews this seems to be universal. Good food kept too long under a heat lamp, etc...Not so on my last visit. The restaurant seems to be making a concerted effort to get its act together. On this visit the service was great and the food was fresh and really top notch. Hope the improvement continues. A really enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/12/2014We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed a great meal however the waiter took a very long time to greet us, an even longer time to bring drinks, didn't remember what we ordered but asked a couple minutes later and finally totally forgot we had ordered salads, which of course never came. I'd go back but would ask for a different server. Not many great options in Golden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, great patioGuidoVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food tonight missed the mark. It is usually top notch, however the pasta was over done and under seasoned. I would still recommend this restaurant since after dining here many times this was the first misstep. Try to get a patio table for the best experience.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great Gnocchi. Bouillabaisse was OK in a strong tomato broth so not really French. French onion soup was OK also. This is more of an Italian restaurant that was pretty good. Nice staff and keyboard player.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 172 reviews are from the Grappa Bistro reviews archive.
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Had a 5:30 reservation. Got there 15 minutes early and couldn't be seated even though the place was nearly empty due to lack of staff. Once seated at 5:30 we sat for 30 minutes with no service. Got up and walked out. Hostess was nice but waiter was arrogant and couldn't care if he seved you or not.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/28/2014Went Saturday evening but could not be seated for our appointed time as they were short wait staff. Sat at bar and waited and waited. Finally someone asked if wanted drinks. Decided to order both drinks and food. Bar tender very apologetic and quickly got drink and food order entered. Food was nothing special and pork which was ordered medium rare was served medium well. Still looking for a food haven to eat when in Golden.
- Delightful LunchFoodieFanVIPDined on 6/26/2014My daughter and I dined on the beautiful patio at Grappa. It overlooks a park and Clear Creek so the scenery is quite amazing. We enjoyed House salads, mine with salmon and her salad with chicken. My salad was wonderful. We also shared crab cakes which were very good. The service was very good as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- slnsVIPDined on 6/13/2014Service was subpar. Some on wait staff seemed substance-impaired. Needed reminders for bev orders, and we had to ask for water refills several times. Ordered salad w/ dinner, only to be told by waiter that b/c entree was so large, I really shouldn't order a salad, too (borderline rude). Entrees clearly had been sitting around before served (sauces w film on top and grilled food at cool temp). Waited for decaf coffee orders to be served only to be told 10 min later that the restaurant was completely out of decaf.
- Great Food and Great EverythingFoodieFanVIPDined on 6/3/2014Everything was wonderful- we all ordered house salads and crab cakes and everything was prepared perfectly and delicious. The service was excellent too- our server was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. The setting is beautiful, especially on the patio where you can enjoy Clear Creek while you are dining. Overall, an exceptionally wonderful dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDiningDanDined on 5/23/2014Had a small party for a friend and hadn't been to this restaurant since it was called Rhapsody. Food was very, very good and service was good also. The only hitch was the piano music. Very accomplished player but he was playing a baby grand in a smallish room. Even with the piano lid down, we had to yell across the table to be heard (there were 5 in our party). The music selections were fine but I would have expected that scene in that room to be quiet & understated, not concert level. Way overplaying the room! Hard to have a conversation and hard for the waiter to even hear our orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014I went there for the first time with family and had an enjoyable evening. They do have a piano player there who was very good. However, it did make the place pretty noisy. Which is OK for lively conversations but not the place for romantic, whispered conversations. The staff was thoroughly enjoyable and friendly. And the food was really yummy. This is not a place I would suggest you take small children to, for both the parent's sake and for those around you, as the tables are all fairly close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Food was generally lacking taste. Salmon and vegetables were tasteless. Desserts were best feature of meal.
- Disappointed!SadmomDined on 5/11/2014We went for a special Mother's Day lunch, and we will never go back. At a price point of almost $40 for adults, we expected a wonderful meal, but that is not what we received. Simple items like an omelet were a joke; we had to ask three times to turn up the heat since there was a cold draft going through the room, and the piano music was so loud that it was difficult to have a conversation. What was to be a special family meal turned out to be a huge disappointment.
- Mothers Day BrunchAverage1Dined on 5/11/2014I was disappointed in the Mothers Day brunch. The food and service were below average at best.
- AugieDined on 4/20/2014The brunch was good, the lamb was overcooked. The server was stingy with the meat portions, had to go back twice. Some of the serving ladles were so new, they still had the bar code label on them.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed our eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/29/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening with friends at Grappa Bistro. Excellent food and wine selections at reasonable prices. Pianist was a lovely addition to the ambience of the restaurant although it was a bit loud when combined with enthusiastic dinner conversations at neighboring tables. Would highly recommend making a trip to Golden whether you are in Denver or boulder to experience this delightful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for the $$$wonderfulwinoDined on 3/5/2014My husband and I dined there 3/5 to celebrate my birthday. First time at this location; have enjoyed sister restaurant in Belmar. The European born servers were knowledgeable and charming. Both our meals were excellent quality and beautifully presented (braised lamb shanks and striped bass baked in parchment). Will definitely return especially when the patio overlooking the creek opens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver Restaurant Week VisitKenJDined on 2/27/2014Seated promptly. This is one of the loudest restaurants in Golden.....almost bar like level. Add the piano and pretty much everyone yells to talk. If your looking for a quiet romantic place, this isn't it. Anyway, visited during restaurant week. Set menu was nice and meal was tasty with good presentation. I had duck risotto which was very tender and flavorful. Nice for groups of 4 or 6, but if you want a quiet private intimate meal with your partner, this isn't the place, at least during busy times.Special Features:
- Great Foodie restaurantCatthefoodieDined on 2/26/2014This restaurant never ceases to impress. My friend and I were thoroughly wowed by the incredible 3 course meal we had for Restaurant Week. Our waitress was very attentive and professional even though the tip was included already on the bill. The Chef really outdid himself with the menu making it very hard to choose from. I recommend this place for couples or small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerJenniferDined on 2/24/2014We went for restaurant week and truly enjoyed our experience. The food was amazing! We had fantastic service. There was a piano player who played all through dinner, it was an incredible experience all the way around. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!StacyDined on 2/24/2014This was our first trip to Grappa and thanks to 5280 week in Denver, we tried it out. There were 5 of us in our party and every one of us said our meal was delicious. We were constantly passing forks with food around so we could all sample the yummies and indeed, everything was yummy! I walked out thinking, it didn't seem totally iike Mediterranean food but maybe it was just the customized menu for the occasion. Regardless, we will definitely return!Special Features:
- Bistro BitsRocky1Dined on 2/22/2014There were four of us and we had a wonderful time. Underground parking, great service and tasty food. We will be planning a return trip when weather will allow us to sit outside near the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately it was Valentine'seddieDined on 2/14/2014Unfortunately it was Valentine's Day and they took in more people than what they could handle. It took an hour beyond my reservation to sit us and an extra hour to serve a starter, then an hour to serve the main course. I was disappointed that they were not following the reservations made beforehand. This destroys the purpose of having a system like OpenTable. Otherwise I love the restaurant and the food.Special Features:
- Perfect Meal on Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed a great meal on Valentine's Day! Since it was Valentine's Day it was overbooked, so we had to wait even though we had a reservation. But we we're seated within 15 minutes. Food was excellent but the service was pretty slow due to it being Valentine's Day. We've had far worse experiences on Valentine's Day! We enjoyed ourselves while the table next to us had a fit about the service during their entire meal. It was as though they've never dined out on Valentine's Day! People like that shouldn't go out! In believing the entire world revolves around themselves, they tend to ruin the evening for the tables surrounding them!Special Features:
- ValentineLisaDined on 2/14/2014Overpriced for quality of food and unsatisfactory service. I will not be returning.
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Worst service we've ever had. Other couples left before their food even came due to the extremely incompetent waiter.
- Truly poor service, oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014Truly poor service, often grumpy and exceptionally slow. This was a special very expensive meal and certainly not worth the investment. We also we not warned that it was a special and limited menu and that the price was vastly elevated. Not good customer relations at all.
- Grappa's was outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We went on Valentines Day and what an outstanding experience. Most restaurants of this caliber give you a little amount of food and are very over priced. The food was excellent, the service was great and the ambience was very good. They even have their own parking garage, though I wouldn't recommend trying to park a big there. One thing I would recommend is to make reservations. The wine was a little over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodlvruvfoodVIPDined on 2/1/2014We returned to Golden's nicest dining experience. We weren't sure if the same quality would be found, since the opening of the second Grappas in Belmar. But it is still great food and service. The only glitch was my dietary needs of gluten and dairy free. I experienced the results of dairy hidden in the food. So the remainder of the evening was unpleasant at our play because I had no idea to take my remedy pill. It doesn't work as well when taken at that late stage. But I've eatern there before and not had that problem. I had the shrimp brochette. But the others in my party had pasta, veal and lamb dishes and enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsgirlzalrightDined on 1/4/2014We met some friends at Grappa who live in Golden but had never been. My husband and I had been there before in the summer and our experience was okay but nothing special so we wanted to give it another try. It was a snowy night so the restaurant was pretty empty which was fine with us. Our waitress was awesome, very friendly and gave us some great recommendations. Our dinners were all very good as were the desserts. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- return visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2013I generally always found Grappa's to serve excellent food and provide superior service. I'm not sure why it has been two years between visits. I'm glad I thought to return with special friends who really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2013I live and work in Golden and this is the best restaurant by far. You can go for a special occasion or just drop in for a delicious lunch. Try the lobster ravioli - craveable! And who doesn't love warm bread with olive oil and balsamic...Special Features:
- Somewhat over-priced, suspectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2013Somewhat over-priced, suspect that the outdoor eating area overlooking Clear Creek could be very nice in warmer weather or during the day.