1238 H St NE
Washington, DC 20002Neighborhood:
H Street Corridor
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.granvillemoores.com/
- Phone: 2023992546x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday 5:00pm - Close
Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Chef Teddy Folkman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: We cater events from 8 to 100 people. We customize each experience to your likes and needs. Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: We have weekly beer classes as well as monthly beer centered events. Check our website www.granvillemoores.com/events-happenings for more information.
- Public Transit: The closest Metro station is Union Station via the Red Line. From there, walk north up North Capitol and catch the X2 Bus on the corner of North Capital and H Streets, NE. Or you can pick up a Capital Bikeshare bicycle at the Columbus Circle/Union Station bike station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Metered parking out front and on the side streets. DO NOT park in the Autozone Parking Lot. They will tow you!
A word from Granville Moore's
We're a gastropub with a healthy Belgian fetish. Chef Teddy Folkman, Beverage Director Matt LeBarron and Chef Jeremy Kermisch presiding. Best place around for moules-frites and an impressive selection of Belgian-style beers, umpteen 750ml bottles, inspired American offerings and randomness from around the globe. We also dish up daily food specials and host monthly beer dinners and weekly beer classes. We really enjoy beer, food, our guests, our staff, and our neighborhood. We’d love for you to be a part of the enjoyment!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Granville Moore's reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (11)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)romantic (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- jromanoDined on 10/10/2014Have been here many times and keep going back especially when I have out of town visitors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014The food is fantastic. The atmosphere is great. The thing that most impressed me this trip was the extensive knowledge of the waitress. Her recommendations were spot on for everything from wine to whiskey to food temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerNateDined on 10/9/2014The best Moules I've had in the states. I was lucky enough to vacation in France a few years ago and we spent a couple nights in Granville out near Normady. Those were without a doubt the best Moules I've ever had but the ones at Granville Moore's are a close second and a bit more accessible. The staff is also friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and extensive beer list and are great at communicating it, but in a laid back easy way that makes you feel welcome and at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, interior needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014i wouldnt use any of the superlatives suggested above, neither special nor great - good solid choice, not exceptional
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014The service here is amazing, the food is unique and delicious. The beer is just as outstanding as the food.Special Features:
- solid overallvroomvroomDined on 9/28/2014great beer selection. small menu, but everything is tasty. nice, cute waitressSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great Belgian beer selection, yummy food. loved the mac and cheese!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceRahstuwaltDined on 9/26/2014Made a reservation for Friday the 26th for the first time and it was great. Top service, great selection of beer and a wonderful server. The noise level was a bit loud towards the end, but that is my only complaint. I will definitely be going here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere.MOfoodieDined on 9/16/2014Good date place if you're looking for something that is a little extra special but not fancy. Place has great food with a super laid back atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glutton246Dined on 9/16/2014Wide choice of mussels with several sauces. French fries were delicious. Very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Classic MusselsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014I ordered the Classic Mussels and it dis not disappoint. My wife was disappointing with the the seasonal and shared mine. Reasonable priced for excellent food. Missed the Oat pie.Special Features:
- Good but Spendy moules et fritesDrewVIPDined on 9/11/2014We've been 3 time now and have always been satisfied. I would recommend the smoked chili mussels and the seasonal mussels which were prepared with apple cider, bourbon, dijon mustard, bacon, thyme. The fries are addictive, though very salty and the mac and cheese and desserts are solid but not spectacular. The beer list will satisfy Belgian beer lovers, but is to my taste too limited on other craft and/or local beer styles. And watch out because things add up. Mussels are reasonably priced at $16, but share fries ($6/order) and app ($10/per) and dessert ($6/per) and add a beer or 2 and what looked like a moderately priced meal is now $40+ per person. They do offer an app size of mussels at $10, which is where I may go next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The brunch was not that good. The place was too small, dark and a bit unhygienic; water from the AC is dropping on your head.
- Birthday brunchChelleDDined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate our twins' birthday. While the menu was limited to 10 or so items, our meal was delicious. Our server was friendly and made sure we enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I have been wanting to try this place out for years. It definitely did not disappoint. Not the most ideal location. And from the outside, it definitely did not look like much. But once you go in, everything changes. Definitely a pub atmosphere. But in a very cool way. Not contrived or fake polished. But it's clean and cozy. The food was even better. The fries are the absolute best we've ever had. And like everyone else, we've had a lot of fries. The mussels were great! The service was friendly and attentive. Cannot wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked it more 1st timebaf1Dined on 8/28/2014Dn't ask me why, burn though the fries were delicious, I felt nauseous after eating a bunch--just way too rise for me. Husband felt similarly. He enjoyed his mussels, but my bison burger was IMHO too expensive for a plain burger, no fixin's for $15? Did come w/fries, but no tomato, lettuce, anything else for $15 is a bit too rich for my blood. Maybe my appetite's changing, but though we had a delightful waiter, music was good, it wasn't crowded yet since we were going before play at the Atlas, won't be going again.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Granville Moore's reviews archive.